Myself [Ishara]

Serrif and Ishara come into town after a brief sparr in the Sea of Grass. Ishara wants to hear his story, and Serrif doesn't know how much to share.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Myself [Ishara]

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on April 19th, 2012, 2:05 pm

-15th of Spring, Year 512 AV-

Information on the Tavern
He could only think of one place to go right now, the Kulkukan Tavern. Yes it was the standard meeting place and tavern for most of Riverfall. But crowds meant that one could vanish into the backdrop if they wanted. There were plenty of tables and such; if he was correctly remembering the last time he was there. He remembered the entrance was on the lowest tier, near the plummet impact are of the waterfall. It would be cold there mostly due to the cold dew and mist that would engulf the area. A thick mist no matter what the time of day was. He didn’t mind though, his heavy fur cloak brought around his body would more than keep the mist and cold out. What was important was that they had a place to meet and a table to sit at.

He dismounted as they approached the city gates and offered his hand to help her down. It had been a heck of a ride into down…it seemed there was far more to this Ishara than met the eyes. Her flesh cheeks and now windswept hair…beauty. It almost caused him to blush in her presence as his mind gently moved across her delicate feminine features. Stop that and help her off the horse. he told himself as he managed a smile helping her from the horse.

“You would be right, he is a Frostmarch. Meant for the snow, thrives in the cold. I would imagine I would have to leave him in someone’s care if I was ever to venture to the deserts.” So she was from the deserts then, and she had a brother.

The pieces weren’t really coming together very well for him. He still couldn’t place her race but that phrase stuck in his head. Eyes like water in the desert. That statement was indeed true; he remembered reading it but nothing else. He had poured over all kinds of books in the library. He was trying to remember but every time he tried he saw those eyes again. And was distracted by her beauty; especially now having had a good ride into the city on this cool day. He would help her off of Hasmere and then tie the horse gently to a hitching post inside the city gate. He would only be gone a few hours maybe. But he decided to leave his bow in the pack and strap the dagger harness to his body.

“I know a good place.” He admitted as he then began a gentle walk with her through the lower tier.

The city was beautiful, but it did have a great many walls. And walls made him feel confined. But they also provided security and strength. Even here there were strong winds that came whipping off the Suvan Sea. This lower tier was mostly industrial. People moving about with crates and the like, it wouldn’t be to far now until they came to the glowing red lantern as well as the bottom of the several thousand foot waterfall. Compared to the cacophony of sounds around them the rolling sound of the waterfall was soothing; helping drown out the background noise as they approached it. It wasn’t quite as cold as the last time he visited during the winter. But it certainly wasn’t warm just yet.

“Here we are.” He could see the entry door now to the reception and lower area of the tavern. He walked over and pushed the door open waiting for her to move inside first…seems being around women for so long in Mura had taught him a few things about manners. Or just how to be generally chivalrous and kind toward women of all races. He would look about and the red hue of the first floor was just as he remembered, lit by several red lanterns scattered about the area. He found a table that was out of the way and he motioned toward it.

“That one, after you Ishara.” Even in the somewhat dimly lit tavern the red light played nicely across her features…and her eyes…the vivid red light seemed to accentuate them.
A man either lives life as it happens to him,
meets it head-on and licks it,
or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.
Serrif Von Chatlyn
Never mistake composure for ease

Words: 999183
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2011, 4:13 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Trailblazer (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Myself [Ishara]

Postby Ishara Dossari on April 20th, 2012, 4:45 am

Ishara was lightly winded by the time they reached the tavern, further proving that she had not been riding enough since leaving the desert. Without really realizing it, she'd been avoiding the things that brought her closer to home. But, if this short ride proved anything, it was that some recollections could be warmer than others.

The mists from the nearby falls cloaked the entryway until they were close enough to see it. The proximity of so much booming water plunging down the rocky cliff face had Ishara staring up in wonder as she slid from the Frostmarch's back. She was still growing accustomed to the presence of so much water here, and though there was still a lot of cleaning up that had to be done after the onslaught of the storm, the view was astounding nonetheless.

"Here we are..."

Ishara's eye snapped back to Serriff as he started for the door, and she trailed after him. Raj padded quietly after her, his elegant head slung low. She nodded her thanks as Serriff held the door, and stepped into the...very red room. It took her a moment or two to adjust to the setting, blinking as they'd just emerged from bright daylight. The crimson glow within the Tavern was unexpected, but...soothing, in a way. As though it muffled the hard edges of things the way ear muffs might subdue harsh sounds.

As their table was indicated, Ishara made her way to her seat, passing a cursory glance over the other patrons. There were not too many, a handful...maybe more. Enough so that their conversations blended into a myriad of sounds that would no doubt prove to be a suitable backdrop to the tale she was about to hear. Ishara was no fool. Though Serriff had carried her from the vast, empty grasslands to this public Tavern, his manner and table selection clearly indicated that what he was about to share was...delicate, for lack of a better word.

As Ishara took her seat, Raj curled up amongst the legs of the table nearest them, folding his slender limbs beneath him and tucking his head upon the crook of one arm. After his adventure this morning, he was likely to sleep through whatever happened next. Peeling off her cloak and letting it fall back against the back of her chair, Ishara straightened to peer up at Serriff.

The past was a treacherous and beguiling path down which one could only tread with caution. To tread that path with another, well...it was a dangerous step. One could not decide easily to let others know exactly what threads they could pull in order to make you dance to their tune, or which ones brought on the acutest kind of pain. Pasts were not easy to unravel, and Ishara was a bit bewildered that Serriff wished to share his with her, having only met her this morning. But, then again, perhaps this was what Serriff needed...a friend. As Ishara met his green eyes, she smiled reassuringly, folding her hands across the table.
"What creature is this which dances beneath my eye?
A desert-bred mortal who's beastial sinew and heart
Lay forged in the firey breath of Yahal's sigh!
Watch, as the soul surfs upon the wind and slowly breaks apart..."
Ishara Dossari
Player

Words: 78989
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2012, 3:21 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Myself [Ishara]

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on April 20th, 2012, 4:54 pm

Oops...Sorry for the length...got carried away just kept going and going and going
The past was indeed a terribly frightening thing for him to share. He had been reluctant at first; but he needed someone like him. Not a Konti, nor Akalak could understand him like he needed. They all lived hundreds of years, and viewed him no better than a bug on the ground at times. There was little he could do about that, here among these large men he was nothing; quite a different feeling then in Mura. These races lived different kinds of lives than he did. He could only speculate on how the mortal races were used as pawns in these two peoples games. For breeders, and wombs. The Akalak needed women for a womb. They even had a special class dedicated to the women who were charged with having their children…Nakivak. He pushed the thought from his mind and shook his head slightly as he tried to get himself concentrating again…Ishara.

Even in the red light her vibrant eyes showed through it. An anchor in a way for him to concentrate on, to bring his mind back here at what was. He set his almost obnoxiously heavy cloak on the back of his chair and took a seat across from her. He was unsure where to start; her glacial hues inquiring almost seemingly begging him to go on. Tell her his story, and at the same time it was like she really understood the weight it carried with him…if only she really knew. He took a breath and composed himself. His mind walking through what tattered memories he did possess. What to tell…what to hide. It was a delicate balance between too much and too little. He couldn’t divulge everything, not here he wasn’t comfortable here; and one didn’t just simply divulge their deepest and darkest secrets in a tavern to someone they hardly knew. That would take time.

He would have to trust her; and right now he just wasn’t sure. He would start with what he vividly remembered. After the slave camp, after the scars. He would start with Mura. Because that was where his story started. That was where Serrif was born and created. Where he took the name without even knowing what he was creating. He didn’t know who he was before the isle besides a simple number; a number was not a name.

“I set foot in Mura over a year ago by chance on a merchant vessel. I didn’t think a place like it could exist. Such places I can imagine are the cannon of children’s stories and fables.” He drew both of the ornate daggers on his chest and set it on the table with the side of the dagger facing up, the ornate bloodgroves on the dagger oriented so Ishara could see the pictures they formed.

These works of art told some of the story, helped draw visual pictures that Serrif himself could not. There was no way he could just simply convey the beauty of Mura to her. He couldn’t find the words without making it seem unreal; but Mura was just that…unreal beauty. The pictures were carved as ornate accentuation's in the Isurian Steel blades. Gently depicting some of the more famous landmarks in Mura. The two that were visible right now were the bay and the south tower also known as Rak’keli’s tower. The bay was a wonderful view even in the gentle bloodgrooves, subtle and peaceful looking. It was enough for her mind to draw an adequate picture for her. The South Tower however…it was more than elegant even with the grooves of the dagger. It depicted a wonderfully constructed tower with what appeared to be a small room at the very top, there was after all a balcony overlooking the whole of Mura. These daggers were more than just functional.

Everything about them started to tell her more and more about this man. The handles were made of carefully pieced together shells with a wonderful sparkling coating of alabone, then the separate pieces of shell were secured in place by thin strips of gold and the entire handle was dipped in molten glass giving it a completely smooth flawless surface finish. These daggers weren’t meant to be intimidating or rough. No they were elegant and definitely created at the hands of a woman…yet the killing potential of the sharp stiletto point was evident. These daggers could kill; much like him. She may not understand it right now, but these daggers were an extension of him, much like the Akalak men and the Lanaks they carried. These daggers reminded him of Mura…of where he found himself.

“The bay and the south tower, also known as Rak’keli’s tower. She resides there in her suite at the top when she is among the Konti and her sister Avalis. The isle holds beauty that is second to nowhere. Everything pure white with wonderful hints of the sea if it be seaglass, shells or coral taken from the shore.” All this was leading into what he was feeling he needed to tell her, how far would he go…how far?

There was an inner struggle here; if she knew what and who he was she could make him dance like a puppet. Pull on his heart strings and make him suffer. With a slight spurring on inside he decided to continue; she was mortal like he was. She would understand in ways the others could not. “I worked in the Opal Temple, healing with herbs, medicine and however else.”

He turned the dagger with the South Tower on it over and on the other side of the blade was a depiction of the Opal Temple in shallow bloodgrooves. He was getting closer now to what he wanted to tell her. Little by little he was forming the pieces. Every little puzzle piece fit together well but so much of it was incomplete. So much was still missing; so he continued on. Putting the pieces on the table and gently guiding her to where they fit in the overall picture of who he was.

“However, unknowingly I had been drinking Vision Water for a decent amount of my stay in Mura. And on day I slipped into chaos. Painting horrible nightmarish pictures of my past in vivid detail. I slipped between reality and hallucinations for ten days time. And during this time I acted…unbecoming of myself. When I finally came to I had found who I really was. I…” Should he continue from here? There was still more to tell leaving her at this point would be rude.

“While in my maddened state I stumbled into a childrens ward, knocked over a candle and started a fire. But then beat the fire out with my own two hands and carried the children to safety. I bumped into a woman carrying a tray with a knife on it, which plunged into her flesh. I also carried her to a healer. Then my mentor Ildin came after me as I ran up the stairs of the South Tower looking for Rak’keli. I didn’t know where I was and knocked through her door and in my maddened state…I actually looked like I was going to attack the goddess herself. However I was stopped by her guardian serpents winding themselves around my body. Still though in the end I fought myself to not plunge a dagger into her body for reasons I am still unsure of. However I learned of her grace. She knew I could fight away my darker urges to do harm in order to do good. She touched me, and cured the madness from my body and then she marked me, and I was sent on a mission from the Order to gather information for the library.” He nodded and left the daggers in her sight for her to inspect further. But by this time she was likely less interested in the daggers.

But the puzzle was only a third of the way done. So many pieces were not present for her. Where was he before the isle? Why in his madness did he act like he did? And where did this inner darker self come from who obviously wished to do harm when he only wanted to do good. Pieces were missing her response to what he had said so far would determine just how much further he was willing to go. But he decided it would be best for her to ‘see’ the mark now. So he rolled up his right sleeve and undid a few belts and buckles to loosen the bodysuit from around his right arm. Then slowly he rolled up the sleeve. There were a few things she would notice before the opalescent mark came into view. He had other marks, but they were not gnosis marks.

Scars around his wrist like one would expect from poor fitting iron restraints; but only after months of being poorly restrained. There were others, lateral dagger like scarring and slashes as well. One could only get them from fights…or worse…torture. Horrible prolonged torture using strange and somewhat foreign tools. But finally among the battlefield she would see the wonderful swirling sigil mark of Rak’keil. It extended all the way from just above his wrist to his inner elbow. That was what she saw him touch, that was what had produced the glowing light. In all Rak’keli had decided to mark him loudly , so that her mark could be visible even among the other scars.

“She marked me, knowing well who I was. What I was and that I would heal no matter the cost. I am one of her marked now. But not yet part of her order.”
Serrif Von Chatlyn

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Myself [Ishara]

Postby Ishara Dossari on April 20th, 2012, 9:26 pm

The blades were...exquisite. Ishara bent over them, studying the grooves etched across their surfaces. The detail was incredible. A city...Mura, he'd said. The Konti Isle. It was hard to recognize these works of art for what they truly were...weapons. How could something so beautiful be created to end life?

Following his fingers as they traced the patterns imbedded in the blades, Ishara listened to his story unfold. She could see it, right there, in the back of her mind, playing out as he described it...the fire, the children, the horror at what he had done and tried to commit. Then, the self-recognition, the new purpose bestowed upon him by this merciful goddess. Her gaze switched back and forth between the blades and Serriff, attentive, absorbing...

His path had indeed been warped in many directions, and Ishara found herself impressed that he had managed to carry himself this far beyond the suffocating boundaries of experiences that would swallow lesser men whole. She recognized a new strength in those emerald eyes. He was not whole, no...but he was piecing himself back together.

When he rolled up his sleeve, Ishara blinked. There, amidst a backdrop of horrific scars, was his mark. She sat up and leaned closer, eyes narrowed intently and one hand stretching out before she even recognized that the action might be considered offensive. "May I?" Her hand poised over his arm, she glanced to Serriff for permission.
Ishara Dossari
Player

Character sheet

Myself [Ishara]

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on April 21st, 2012, 3:01 am

He was deeply intrigued by how Ishara now seemed to view him. She was intrigued instead of taken aback. It seemed to him that she was leaning in for more. But for now, that was all he had to offer her. That was all he was going to give her because everything else before setting foot in Mura was painfully personal. Memories so dark that to speak them was to relive them; to relay them effectively was to draw vivid pictures in another’s mind. He wanted her to understand first what he had worked to be before she understood what he had come from. He had suffered a deepest darkness before getting to Mura. And then almost slipped further than he had come back into the black…back into the hate. But he had fought it and not let it consume him; fought hard and found out Serrif Von Chatlyn was who he was.

He had left Seven behind at the camp, and yet he was Seven as well. But he wouldn’t tell her of Seven just yet. It was an uncomfortable place in his past that he didn’t want to share if he didn’t have to. In Mura he had no choice. The women there just seemed to know. Some could read his past just because he walked past them; which made him uncomfortable to say the least. However here, well here he had a choice how much to tell as well as what to tell. And he liked that choice.

It wasn’t foreign to him that she would want to feel the mark. It was like a tattoo only much more permanent. It couldn’t be removed by man, only taken away by the Goddess who placed it there. A nod came to Serrif as he spoke to her. “Go ahead.” He stretched out his arm to make it easier for her.

It would feel almost like it wasn’t present on his body at all. His skin was warm to the touch anywhere her fingertips would travel. Likely from the tight bodysuit he chose to wear to keep himself warm. The mark would feel like nothing, it was a simple flesh deep mark in his flesh given to him by the Goddess. He didn’t activate it purely because he was pretty sure such a thing may frighten her; and she didn’t seem to need healing right now.

“Some are marked several times by Rak’keli. I know a Konti who is marked twice, once on each ankle. She can do wonderful things with her gift, even mend broken bones. However I am slightly less impressive comparatively. But maybe…maybe when I complete my journey the Goddess may see me worthy of another mark.”
He nodded some to himself.

Truth was he didn’t really know what this journey he was on was really for. He was told to get medicinal information and so far he hadn’t really done a ton of that. He had taken plenty of notes about whatever had been happening at the Sanctuary but he didn’t know when enough was enough. He figured he would eventually know when he had enough to return to Mura successful. But he also knew that this could all take a very long time. Maybe if he started spending more time in the library he could get some relevant and fulfilling information. He could only really hope at this point. Or maybe this trip was about something else. Maybe proving that he could go out and do Rak’keli’s wishes.

Or maybe it was about facing his fears of the outside world. Mura was so insulated compared to everywhere else. It was exactly what he needed yet not what he needed to develop as a person. He needed to face the outside world and proclaim himself one of Rak’keli’s healers. Maybe heal himself by healing others. That was what this was about, self discovery.

Serrif Von Chatlyn

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Myself [Ishara]

Postby Ishara Dossari on April 21st, 2012, 3:20 am

After Serriff gave his permission, Ishara hesitated...then her hand descended and traced the mark with a single fingertip. It felt no different, and yet...it just was. The silken ridges of his scars were there beneath her fingertip, too...and her brows furrowed as she considered their source. Those around his wrist, it was as if--

But it was rude to pry. If Serriff wished it to be known, he would share it himself. Ishara swallowed the questions that surfaced at the sight of the scars, firmly tamping her curiosity down.

"You've come a long way," she nodded softly, withdrawing her hand. A smile tugged lightly at the corners of her mouth, and her eyes climbed from his marked arm back to his eyes once more. Her hands retreated to her lap, and she leaned back in her chair.

The thought of being able to heal broken bones was just...beyond her. Briefly, Ishara tried to imagine posessing such a skill. With such talent and capabilities, was your life ever really yours anymore? With such a gift, would it not keep you tied to being a healer for the rest of your days? Such powers come with obligations, Ishara mused, frowning thoughtfully. Serriff must feel some small part of that obligation, too, with the gift he received from the Goddess. How that must weigh heavy on an individual...

"And yet...you have further to go still. Where will this journey be bringing you after Riverfall?"
Ishara Dossari
Player

Character sheet

Myself [Ishara]

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on April 21st, 2012, 4:10 am

Curiosity, her face screamed of it. She was an adventurer, not some housewife. Some women were content with the supposedly womanly duties. But given what he had seen of her; she was far different from this. She was something else. His mind couldn’t find the right words for it so instead he just nodded inwardly and decided that she was adventurous. Why else would a lone woman leave home bound for wherever. Yes, she was a free spirit of sorts. But what drove her out here? She didn’t have the sorrow of an outcast; yet things that were associated with her past brought her a good deal of sorrow.

But he felt the same way. He was looking for a fresh start; he had received it and much more thanks to the Konti Isle and Rak’keli. So now he was trying to refine his skills and make himself useful. This way he could make a positive difference where he wasn’t able to before now. He would help the helpless, he would be a guardian for the weak as well. Maybe it was this moral compass that was telling him to leave RIverfall. It screamed for him to get away from here; because he hurt for the downtrodden…and he identified with the Nakivak.

His moral compass was making him sick to his stomach because there was nothing he felt he could do. And that helplessness took him back to the camp..back to the cold winters, bloodied hands, burning flesh, and cowering in the corner of his cage hoping none would notice. This was why he avoided the Nakivak women. Not because he didn’t want to talk to them, not because he didn’t respect them. But because he was afraid he would identify too much with the struggle they faced and just be enraged. And that rage would lead him to make a decision he would later regret.

“Wind Reach.” He said answering Ishara’s question.

But he could feel almost tangibly that she had other questions. And he had a general understanding for what they were. He had felt her hands trace not only the mark, but they lingered some on the scars as well. She wanted to know, but he wasn’t quite ready to tell just yet. And he respected her for not pushing him. Even though he knew she likely wanted to flurry questions to him. But she had more than decent self control in the matter.

“I’m not sure when I can leave. I have only myself to travel with and it would be a long and treacherous journey. Especially since the storms we felt originated from there according to V’nessi.”

Serrif Von Chatlyn

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Myself [Ishara]

Postby Ishara Dossari on April 23rd, 2012, 12:19 am

The Storms..."The storms came from...Windreach?" Ishara blinked. Eagles...Windreach was where the Eagle Riders lived. Ishara remembered a tale or two drawn from the campfires of traveling merchants that recalled the giant birds of prey and their fearless riders. They seemed far more fantastical than even those with the ability to heal with a thought.

No, not an ability....A gift...thought Ishara, her pale eyes hesitating on Serriff's arm again.

Windreach was...well, it was remarkably far, Ishara knew that much. It was a daunting journey, if rumors were to be believed, and a trial that had the potential to swallow many years of one's life. It was no meager trek Serriff was considering. It was...an adventure. Ishara felt an unfamiliar pang of envy. Giant Eagles...People with hair the color of fire, and all living in the shadow of a fire mountain... a corner of her mouth twitched in half a smile, and she did her best to shrug the jealousy from her shoulders.

"It sounds...well, it sounds fantastic," Ishara combed splayed fingers through her hair, glancing anywhere but at him. The surge of jealousy unsettled her, stirring up additional feelings oguilt and frustration with herself. Why should she be envious of his mission? Its his direction, his focal point on the horizon, his purpose that I envy. Admitting it to herself strangely did not make her feel any better. Toying with a thoughtful frown, her expression relaxed as she shook her head.

The dream that started it all nearly a year ago had immersed Ishara in the certainty that her destiny lay outside the sands of Endrykas, that it was the only way to remain close to her beloved Abyar as she lived through all the places he once spoke of. But since that prophetic night, her certainty had taken a few good hits. With the strike of this latest storm, having the path to her homeland cut off by unimaginable and uncharted horrors, Ishara was beginning to feel more adrift than affixed on any significant destination.

"You'll figure it out. When the time is right, a solution will make itself known."
Ishara Dossari
Player

Character sheet

Myself [Ishara]

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on April 23rd, 2012, 1:22 am

“Well, V’nessi said the storms would radiate outward from Windreach. I can only imagine the devastation leading to the city itself. It…will be far from easy.” That was an understatement and he knew it.

He knew he would have to learn survival skills and train well in them if he was to survive a trip to Windreach. And that he would have to leave when this season ended just in case things got bad. Because during the winter there was no reaching Windreach; unless the Gods themselves delivered you. The entire continent turned inhospitable, frozen over by feet of ice; then feet of snow atop that. Any creatures out and about would pick you off for an easy meal…if the predators were even out in the blizzards that coated the landscape. He would have to give winter a wide berth if he was to make it there safely…if at all.

He hadn’t really done any research on Windreach yet; his knowledge was limited to what he was told by mouth from very few individuals. He knew he couldn’t reach the city in winter. And if he was to try he would have to leave by the end of spring if he was going to give the ice and snow time to adequately melt away. But with these storms…he wasn’t really sure it was safe to go at all. Any animals along the way were sure to be warped; if they survived at all. And any marauders were sure to be much more aggressive. These were dangerous times and he did need someone to travel with.

A half smile. He had to do a double take as he read her face to make sure he was seeing it right. Yes, there it was clearly on her face. She was trying to hide it though, but why was she ashamed of what she felt? His mind went through the emotions she could be feeling…happiness…no why would she be happy he was going to Windreach. He watched her gaze fall away from him. She was…ashamed almost. That didn’t make any sense. He wouldn’t pry into her, no he would find out what he wanted to know rather delicately.

“I have yet to find anyone willing to travel toward the source of the storms and disturbance. Seems not even these brave warriors are insane enough….” He pondered for a few seconds and then picked a better word…he wasn’t insane he was, "driven enough…Maybe they are afraid of what they will find.” That thought was toiled over for a few more seconds.

“I would take a Dryka with me but they are all tied up dealing with their own issues right now. However,”
That sounded like a lead into something as he waited for her glacial hues to find his again. Was this a possible offer? No…he hardly knew her. Maybe just maybe it was a glimmer of something that could be…what was he going to say?

“You seem the adventuring type. You handled Hasmere quite well.”
Serrif Von Chatlyn

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Myself [Ishara]

Postby Ishara Dossari on April 24th, 2012, 2:13 am

Adventurous? ...Wait. Was he implying...

Ishara nearly choked on a spurt of laughter. 'Adventurous' was not among the labels that Ishara would apply to herself at this place and time. No, 'Foolhardy,' 'Scared,' and 'Aimless,' possibly...but not 'Adventurous!' ...Then again, had she not abandoned the only world she'd ever known and struck out across the desert on her own? Was she not following what she felt to be Yahal's guiding hand in her life, steering her towards...

Towards what? Towards this?

Her eyes sept up to meet Serriff's tentatively, traces of laughter still retained in the smile she struggled to suppress. "My brothers were horsemen, all of them. They taught me to ride when I was little. We used to race across..." She trailed off. That familiar pang of homesickness widened the hole in her heart, and Ishara swallowed past a lump thickening in her throat. "I...well, I guess I am more adventurous than some. I have come this far."

Shoulders rising and falling in a brief shrug, her eyes sank to the patterns on the tabel that she began to idly trace with her fingertip. Windreach... It was no simple matter to consider. Then again, neither was leaving her home and family. And with the horrors that potentially lay in wait on such a journey...Well, there were just as many behind her, now, as well. There was no turning back, not when pressing forward held all the same dangers without the big dose of disappointment in herself for not having faith.

"I am small. But I am strong," her glacial eyes snapped once again to Serriff's green ones, sharp with the intensity mirrored in her qiet, accented voice. "I may not know how to fight well, but I am willing to learn. I can sit a horse better than most, too."

Yahal's grace...what are you doing? Are you seriously presenting yourself as an able-bodied candidate for...for... Ishara swallowed again, her jaw tightening as a wave of anxiety and elation swept through her, warring with one another.

Yes. Yes she was.
Ishara Dossari
Player

Character sheet

Next