Myself [Ishara]

Serrif and Ishara come into town after a brief sparr in the Sea of Grass. Ishara wants to hear his story, and Serrif doesn't know how much to share.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Myself [Ishara]

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on May 11th, 2012, 12:42 am

A smile, he had hoped for that. In a way he thought that by bringing up the more pleasant memories of her betrothed she would maybe come to terms with his death a little better. Maybe help dull the sorrow, because he knew nothing would ever wash it away completely. One could only hope for reprieves every now and then from what had happened. He understood that truth well…every time he bore forward his scars it was like he was admitting his past; even if he didn’t want to.

“I don’t pretend to know the will of the Gods…I have been blessed by them in ways I can’t even begin to fathom.” Yes he would openly admit that to anyone, he was a true child of grace and mercy in a way. He had been pulled from the darkness and gently placed in the most peaceful place known to any.

There he had been nursed back to health and gotten his heading. He had fortified his body, mind, and spirit. He had even been touched by the Goddess Rak’keli herself and sent on a charge for the Opal Order. And when he was ready to leave he could face the rest of the world with the assurance that he would never slip quietly into darkness again. He was not the same man who had set foot in Mura a year ago. And certainly not the same man that had been tortured in the cold slave camp outside Ravok. His life, every action he did would define him.

“However I would hope Yahal would want you to have closure along your journey. But again maybe that is just part of the plan. I can’t even begin to say I can even fathom the plans of the gods.”
With a nod he smiled a little at the realization that they were two zealots on quests that did indeed parallel each other a good amount.

“Maybe…just maybe we were meant to find each other. It does seem like more than just mere coincidence doesn’t it?”
A man either lives life as it happens to him,
meets it head-on and licks it,
or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.
Serrif Von Chatlyn
Never mistake composure for ease

Words: 999183
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2011, 4:13 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Trailblazer (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Myself [Ishara]

Postby Ishara Dossari on May 12th, 2012, 1:44 pm

Ishara studied him one long moment, the hint of a speculative smile tugging at her lips. It was not often that one contemplated destiny and the inner workings of fate...and the possibilities made her head swim. Meant to find one another? Yes, that was possible...it was quite possible that Serriff's appearence marked the continuation of the journey Yahal had set upon her. There was also the possibility that he was setting some kind of test before her, through all this...

With a shrug, she dropped her eyes to the Silkena at her side. The posibilities were endless, really.

"Like you, I do not pretend to know the God's agenda," she smiled softly, placing her hands in her lap before raising her eyes to Serriff once again. "Destiny and fate are things better left for them to toy with and unravel. All this," Ishara gestured widely, "is from some one's plan, we can be sure of that. There is so much more at work here, so much more than just the joining of our stories."

So much more... Life had a funny way of intervening, sometimes...be it through the Gods and their will, or through mere circumstance. Life carried on. How well Ishara knew this phrase, it having been drilled into the back of her mind during those stagnant weeks following Abyar's death. It made her grow cold inside to consider that was all part of some one's plan, as well...The Gods could be generous, merciful, and kind. But they could also be cold, calculating and blinded by their purpose.
"What creature is this which dances beneath my eye?
A desert-bred mortal who's beastial sinew and heart
Lay forged in the firey breath of Yahal's sigh!
Watch, as the soul surfs upon the wind and slowly breaks apart..."
Ishara Dossari
Player

Words: 78989
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2012, 3:21 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Myself [Ishara]

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on May 13th, 2012, 1:18 am

Yes, so much more at work here than anyone could ever begin to fathom at all. Everything was woven together intricately to form who he was right now. Who she saw was the gentle intricate weavings of powers far greater than he was. It was true life had set many challenges before him, tests that he mostly just had to suffer through in order to find out what he was. He knew the suffering made him who he was.

“Who knows what truth lays in the tests and trials the Gods set before us. We can only hope that we have the skills, vision, wisdom, and insight to complete these tasks.” With a nod he relaxed some and breathed evenly. His gaze went distant for a few moments as he reflected inwardly to what he had been through himself…almost as if he was lost

He found himself being able to relax easily with her. He didn’t have a history with her…yet. Not like Kavala where he had wronged her in an earlier life before this one. And not like with Blythe where he had a strange unrequited love for her that still left him with a bruise; teaching him he would have to be more careful with his heart in the future. A lesson he was more than sure Ishara had learned as well. The fact that she seemed to trust him enough to tell him her story was astounding to him. He wanted to share his story…fully with her. But he knew it would leave him vulnerable; and he wasn’t ready for that just yet.

“So, do you plan to just stay here all day with me? Kavala is off on business today and will not likely return until much later in the day. In a way I could spend the entire day here in the city.” He was offering her the rest of the day together maybe just for fun, or maybe just to get to know each other a little better. That would be important if they were to travel together anytime soon.

Serrif Von Chatlyn

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Myself [Ishara]

Postby Ishara Dossari on May 13th, 2012, 3:34 pm

Ishara ducked her head, her smile strained as she considered following him into the city.  As tempting as it was to pursue  a day's worth of talk and wandering through the various entertainments, vendor stalls and shops that Riverfall had to offer, Ishara was faced with the grim reality that if she got no work done today it was likely she would not eat tonight.  Her rations had long since run out, and the meals she managed to get were often from the families she'd assisted in repairing storm damage.  Such families had little enough resources as it was, and they preferred to pay her in meals rather than coin.  As it stood, Ishara was agreeable with this arrangement...but it would not last forever.  Soon there would be no more assistance needed, and finding other revenues of employment was going to be of a big concern.

"I shouldn't," she murmured, regret coloring her tone and softening the smile she turned on him.  "I have a couple families I promised to help this day, their houses are still in shambles."  Her shoulders rose and fell in a shrug.  She wasn't admitting to the working to eat bit, not to him...She had far to much pride for that.  Truth be told, were she not empty-handed, she would probably have committed herself to assisting those in need, anyway.  Ishara liked to be kept busy.  Busy meant you had less time and energy to think of...other things.

"I will see you on the sands in the morning, though."

Yes, this much she knew.  Whether or not she decided upon embarking on that journey, she was going to have to learn to take care of herself.  Her brothers were too far away.
[/quote]
Ishara Dossari
Player

Character sheet

Myself [Ishara]

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on May 14th, 2012, 1:11 am

She wanted to spend time with him. He could tell that much…there was so much to see in Riverfall and he still hadn’t seen it all for himself. He would love to see it all with her though; through her eyes and see her enjoyment as they both explored the unexplored together. But alas there were much more important things to do. He should probably get back to the Sanctuary and tend to things while Kavala was gone. He knew she would likely be cross if things were not in order and parts of her staff were missing…mostly him. And there was still so much construction and clearing to be done.

Her words set him straight and he nodded, with a somewhat guilty smile on his face. “Must you remind me there is still so much work to be done?” He playfully remarked as he then shook his head some.

“There is soo much work to be done.” The Sanctuary still had much to be done. And well it all needed to be done quickly. He needed to get back and tend to things there. But he would much rather spend time here…he supposed that was why it was called work and not play.

“Whatever the case don’t work yourself too hard Ishara. You will definitely need the energy.” He still needed to work out what he was going to teach her. But he was sure it would all come to him eventually. Things had a way of doing that. And he could always ponder on that while Rath picked at him with insults...which he would ignore.
Serrif Von Chatlyn

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Myself [Ishara]

Postby Ishara Dossari on May 15th, 2012, 4:42 pm

"I will do my best," Ishara nodded, rising to her feet as a tentative smile broke across her features. Life was...uncanny, at times. Stagnant months could rush by, when all at once some one could be put in your path that gave you new purpose. Fresh Ideas. New horizons. It felt reassuring to have a goal once again. Already, her mind crept ahead to the meeting they would no doubt hold at dawn...

Fight. She was going to learn to fight. Finally. Whether or not she followed him up to Wind Reach, she was going to be better able to take care of herself. Existing on her own without her brothers looking after her had opened up her eyes to some harsh realities. She could not continue her existence and not know how to fight back should the occasion call for it.

"It was wonderful to have met you," she murmured, inclining her head respectfully. Little had she known that her venture into the wild grasslands would turn up such an opportunity...but she was grateful for it. The unburdening of a portion of her own story also lightened her heart, some...Wasn't it funny how only a mouthful of words can change everything? she mused, her eyes finding Serriff again. Her future instructor.

"See you tomorrow morning?" Raj cirled her once and began padding towards the exit, parting with a glance over his shoulder to be sure Ishara intended to follow.

OOC: Fun thread! Shall we end it here? :)
Ishara Dossari
Player

Character sheet

Myself [Ishara]

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on May 23rd, 2012, 1:11 pm

EndingSure I will plop it in someone’s office here soon. Thanks for the fun
He stood with her, glad she would take him up on his offer. For some reason he felt it was important to teach her how to defend herself. That way she would have less of a chance of ending up back in Riverfall with silver bracelets around her wrists. Something he couldn’t stand as a fate for any woman. Trading on form of slavery for another, an aspect that disgusted him.

“Wonderful to meet you as well Ishara, I will see you in the morning; bright and early.” He smiled to her and as he passed gave Raj a nod as well. He had things to do and well not a whole lot of time to do it all in. But that was life.

Absent mindedly he began to wonder if Ishara would really show up tomorrow morning. He hadn’t given her a reason to avoid him; but quite the opposite he had given her plenty of reasons to show up. He’d teach her, that aspect of going from pupil to teacher was something he was just now really facing. Did he really know enough to teach her anything of value? He believed he knew something…or enough anyway. And if anything he would try and bluff himself competent so that he could instill some confidence in her.
Serrif Von Chatlyn

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Myself [Ishara]

Postby Gossamer on October 28th, 2012, 3:01 pm

Character: Serrif
Experience: +3 Planning, +2 Teaching, +2 Interrogation , +3 Socialization
Lore: Ishara: Trusting Her And Sharing History And Future Plans With Her, Ishara: Given a Dream By Yahal and a Dog To Protect Her, Ishara: Widow Just Before Her Marriage, Ishara: Her Fiance’s Life,

Character: Ishara
Experience: +2 Observation, +3 Listening, +3 Socialization, +2 Teaching
Lore: Serrif: His Daggers, His History, His Gift. Serrif: Plans To Go To Wind Reach, Hasmere: Frostmarch, Serrif: Trusting Him Completely

Additional Note: Not really much here to award. I had to look hard. I gave you guys teaching for telling each other about your histories etc. Let me know if you were looking for something else.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Previous