[Erudite's Journals] A Chore for Sanity's Sake

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Postby Erudite on April 21st, 2012, 1:49 pm

Erudite's Journals

A pair of identical hardbound books sit before you, both filled with numerous leaves of fine white paper, with their covers and spines made of the same rich brown leather. A piece of emerald green string is attached onto the upper spine of each book and works as a bookmark. From afar, they appear brand new and in pristine condition, but upon closer inspection, it is obvious that they have already been with the owner for quite a long time. Their leather covers have wrinkled, and most of the pages have lost their ivory sheen. Nonetheless, it is clear that they have been well taken care of, as neither of them are falling apart in even the slightest bit. In fact, their worn out appearance seems more like a design or style, rather than the result of frequent and extended usage.

These are Erudite's journals, tomes filled with either her musings or her learnings. One of the journals acts as her diary; begins with a brief introduction of her, and the rest of its pages are filled with her personal, inner musings. The other journal contains her knowledge and learnings on medicine, herbalism, and other concepts, and slipped right inside is a slip of paper that is the book's table of contents. She hardly ever leaves them behind whenever she's out, and when they're not tucked into her backpack, they are often set by her bedside table or on upon a flat surface within her sight and reach. She doesn't mind others reading them, and one need not even ask permission to do so, as long as they return it in its rightful place afterwards. After all, she can tell if you've got other plans with them.

You are currently holding Erudite's personal journal. It contains many diary entries concerning her days and her experiences as she lives through them. Although it is personal, it is not private, and so she allows most people to read through it as long as the information held within is treated with utmost respect. Handle with care and caution.

Code: Select all
[framepic=http://www.commentnation.com/hotlinks/parchment_paper_seamless_pattern.jpg][googlefont=Marck Script][color=#3D2B1F][size=150]...[/size][/color][/googlefont][/framepic]

In Erudite we trust.
Personal Journal ~ Medical Journal

ANNOUNCEMENT: School is starting on June 13, and every single day after that, I will occasionally be busy and disappear for a few days. I am also currently applying for colleges abroad, and reviewing for upcoming entrance exams, so I'll be preoccupied over that, as well. Sorry!
Erudite
The girl with the world in her eyes.

Words: 92943
Joined roleplay: April 13th, 2012, 5:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Erudite on April 21st, 2012, 2:21 pm

Diary Entry 1: 1st of Spring, 512 AV

I haven't gotten to writing on this forsaken journal since I'd purchased it upon my arrival to Zeltiva. My mother has always urged me to write my feelings and most especially my thoughts. I've always voiced the latter, why must I immortalize it onto paper? My words are engraved into the minds of others instead, and isn't that much better? My sisters were the emotional ones, the talkers, and not me. I truly do not understand the importance of it, but perhaps now, I will. In honor of them, I suppose, and in honor of my family. I will write for the sake of my own sanity. Perhaps if I do not write, I will eventually go insane. I may voice my thoughts and opinions, but the ache of caging ones emotions does have the tendency to put a toll on a person. Perhaps that is why I look so cold and frigid. My emotions are frozen solid, as my heart is. But I don't mean to, I truly don't, I don't even feel menacing, and yet they claim that I am. The misunderstood shall always be misunderstood, I suppose.

Zeltiva is beautiful. It is probably the only thing I thought to mention as I started to write, and everything else has been flowing out with ease. This isn't so bad after all, I may end up liking it, this writing. I enjoy writing on my medical journal so very much, and in time, I may feel the same for this wretched diary. I arrived a few days ago, actually, and winter season was just about ready to pack up and make way for spring. Unfortunately, today is a cloudy, rainy day, and so I there is no room for shopping and strolling about as I had hoped. I haven't been around much of the city, though I am sure that none of its features and establishments will disappoint me. I have high hopes for Zeltiva. The academy's not too far off, and I can feel it beckon me, urge me to apply and study. I hope they have dormitories, but I hear that they do.

The rain has picked up quite a bit, and it's a little worrisome. I wonder if this weather is happening elsewhere, as well? I pray that my mother and grandmother are well back at the isle, and that my sister, whose destination is probably unknown to even the gods themselves, is just as safe. I can't bear to even walk outside and inspect the possible damage that this storm is causing, and I'm beginning to hear a bit of unrest occuring just outside. I'm better off staying in here and sleeping the day away. Good day to you, diary.

In Erudite we trust.

ANNOUNCEMENT: School is starting on June 13, and every single day after that, I will occasionally be busy and disappear for a few days. I am also currently applying for colleges abroad, and reviewing for upcoming entrance exams, so I'll be preoccupied over that, as well. Sorry!
Erudite

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Erudite on April 21st, 2012, 3:34 pm

Diary Entry 2: 3rd of Spring, 512 AV

I stayed in my room yesterday, and quite frankly, I'm glad I did. I'm surprised I slept through that terrible weather, an unlikely, horrific storm that no man nor woman could explain to me without shivering in fear. The denizens of Zeltiva had just begun to piece things back together, and I wonder to myself if I should drop my plan to study and help for a while. There's no questioning how much help I can give, I'm sure there are many who are injured that I am sure I could assist, but my main priority is the university. Today, with the sun back in its rightful place in the sky, I shall apply.

It's not usual for me write as soon as I wake up, and now once again, as I prepare to sleep. I had written the first part when I had packed my things and had gone down to have breakfast. Everything was a mess, and there is no other way to describe the terrible sight. I'd asked around what had happened, but no one could give me a clear explanation. I'd prepared all my things in my traveler's chest, hoping that I could settle into my dormitory right after I'd applied. And I was write, I did. Luckily, they do have dormitories, well equipped ones, I must say. A bath and a bed, all to myself, and a kitchen per block. I've yet to meet my blockmates, however. I hope they're all kind and just as accommodating as the few citizens I've encountered. The place is in pristine condition, unscathed despite the destructive storm not too long ago. I'm just happy I have a place to call my own.

I've unloaded my clothing into my little dresser, and have placed my bag of toiletries and such on the bathroom counter. Zeltiva will never disappoint me, as at the moment, all it is doing is impressing me. This desk, although small, is more than enough for my journals and my writing materials. The little nook of a shelf attached to it is currently empty, though I am hoping to purchase for myself a couple of books to fill it up. I'm not leaving this wondrous room for many a season. Alas, the remarkably comfortable bed beckons me, and tomorrow shall be my first day as a student of the university. I'm hoping to learn a lot from my first few classes, but I have no doubts that I won't. Good night, diary, and good night, my wonderful dormitory.

In Erudite we trust.

Erudite

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Erudite on April 23rd, 2012, 11:26 am

Diary Entry 3: 4th of Spring, 512 AV

My goodness.

I've made the most horrible discovery. Professor Henry was a brilliant teacher, he taught us all very well, and kept everything mildly lively. But apparently, he was married - or widowed, rather. His wife died of an illness that I've yet to know about, and apparently, chamomile was the herb that couldn't save her. It's just that, I couldn't take it, I needed to ask, I needed to know. Everytime he brought up chamomile to tell us more about it, the life in his eyes would fade, and the color would drain away from his face. It was a horrible sight. Andrew, this redheaded young man I'd befriended during the class, assumed it to be allergies. Well, he was wrong, very, very wrong.

Andrew, he's a strange one, both shy and outspoken at the same time. He was charming, especially when he smiled and spoke. He was very friendly. I think that he and I could get really close, and perhaps, well, I think I, I think I like him a little bit. He has beautiful eyes. I think he's an Inarta, but I'm not quite sure, nobody has ever mentioned it about him to me, or to anybody. There was a girl, Veronica, who spoke bad about me behind my back. I wasn't quite sure if she meant for me to hear it or not, but I most certainly did. She looks of Svefran descent, but I'm not quite sure. Pretty, but arrogant. I won't be sticking by her at all. She seems to take a liking for Andrew, but it seems that every girl in class does. He's adorable, who could blame them. I mean, I do too, a bit, I think. I'm not sure.

I feel so sorry for Professor Henry, and I feel even worse that he'd told me that about him. I'm not quite sure if I could look at a chamomile the same way ever again. He smiled at me though, I suppose that means that he bears no ill thoughts about me. I just hope that we could get through the semester without any problems, though I doubt there will be any, anyway. My first herbalism class was indeed, a huge success, and I enjoyed it very much. I can't wait for my next one tomorrow. I spent the entire afternoon afterwards studying in the library, because we have a short exam tomorrow. I wonder how that'll turn out. Well, good luck to me, and good night to you, diary.

In Erudite we trust.

Erudite

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal