The Reception [Pygmy, Khiara][Completed]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

The Reception [Pygmy, PM for Invite]

Postby Vanator on May 15th, 2010, 1:20 pm

Vanator continued to sway and clap along as Pygmy and Khiara danced, their movments foreign but lively. They were both thoroughly enjoying themselves, and it made the Drykas laugh and smile broadly.

He raised his eyebrows but did not take offense at Pygmy's teasing laugh. He simply grinned at her, a warm smile that confirmed they were indeed close enough for such taunting. "Of course I do know how to dance, young lady!"

Van allowed her to take his hands, and he lead her in the Drykas dance, one he was quite adept at performing, and that Pygmy had surely learned at the Trough. They turned and twirled, Pygmy passing under his arms, then Van drawing her tight against him, their hands always reconnecting. The Drykas was excited to see how light Pygmy was on her feet, feeling an exhilaration with her in his arms.

Suddenly a voice broke out in song, a sing-song vocal that was unintelligible but beautiful to hear. Van turned to see Khiara clapping and belting out the song. He laughed, surprised to see the Vantha so boisterous. It made him happy to see her having a good time. He knew the pain she lived with, the struggles she had to cope with daily. It had drawn him to her, a kindred soul, and fed an attraction he felt for the dark girl. But their fateful kiss had only revealed the difficulty and inopportune timing of that affection. But they remained good friends.

After Khiara spun the two of then around, Van turned back to Pygmy, picking up the dance again. Pygmy. She had shaken his life. Being the son of an Ankal required one to be serious and responsible. When the kelvic girl entered his life, she, in her unique way, showed him how to laugh again, how to enjoy simple things, how to laugh at himself. She was both flighty and grounded. When he first moved in with her, he felt a need to take care of her. In many ways, she had come to take care of him.

He had resisted, or denied any deeper feelings for Pygmy for a long time. When he asked her to be his date for the reception, it was as much an admission to himself that he indeed, had affections for Pygmy. They say opposites attract, there were few who were more opposite than the Drykas horseman and the kelvic goat. Truth was, he felt exceptionally alive in Mi's presence.

Khiara finished her song, returning to her friends. Van laughed, hugging Khiara. "That was amazing!" A girl passed with a tray of mugs. Van grabbed the tray, winked at Pygmy and offered the mugs to his friends. He didn't know what they contained, nor did he care. Once they each had a fresh drink, Van's hand slipped down to entwine with Pygmy's.
Vanator
There is fire shut up in my bones.

Words: 940033
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

The Reception [Pygmy, Khiara]

Postby Dhanya on May 25th, 2010, 10:27 am

They lead a chase as Khiara sang, legs loose and joyous until she brought it to a close. Pygmy hadn't danced like that in months and she was breathless, happy. Her fringe was wet with sweat and their hands were clammy together. Still, she felt safe with hers in his grip.

Khiara had surprised her with her vigour. It was a side Pygmy didn't often see and she didn't think long enough to consider the place of mead in this development. Pygmy took a mug when offered, cheeks red as apples from pleasure and exertion. She sipped slowly, not willing to remove Vanator's hand from her own even though the mug was heavy.

She wondered if that moment was the most contented of her life to that date. Futures that she'd never considered seemed feasible and as with the restof the night, she found it difficult to keep her eyes off Vanator, except when she was talking to Khiara.

Or catching sight of the man that had wronged her so grievously.

She stood up on the tips of her toes to kiss Vanator on the cheek, reluctantly leaving his touch behind. She smiled at Khiara.

"There is something I must do." She said, somewhat cryptically, before leaving their company.

Khiara's date was shaken from his dialogue with a beautiful young women but a mug of mead to the head, fluid first then the wooden cup. He turned to her, expletives near flowing on his lips but she was quicker. Crocodile tears were in her eyes, brought forth by a true emotional tenderness for her friend.

"You said you loved me, you bastard!" Pygmy cried, loud as loud could be now that Vanator's parents were gone. "I gave myself to you and you're cheating on me with some whore!"

The sudden silence was... mainly sudden. It was also very, very silent. One might say Silent, save the gasps of surprise.

"I'm going to drown myself and your unborn child so we won't have to live with the shame of being abandoned. I wish I'd never met you!" Pygmy sobbed.

It was so easy to get caught up in the moment when you were angry and a little bit tipsy. Quite enjoyable really, even the part where she had to run off away from the poor bastard that had stood Khiara up. The night outside was cool and welcoming, a reward for a prank well done. Pygmy wiped her tears and laughed to herself, once she was sure no one could see. That was how a Zeltivan native left a party, she hoped the prick learned his lesson.
Dhanya
Probably attractive in real life.

Words: 136227
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2010, 12:52 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Khiara on May 26th, 2010, 1:36 pm

Moving closer to Vanator as Pygmy left suddenly, Khiara smiled at him. It was open and inviting, matched by the bright luminous lavender in her eyes. Mug in hand, she was clos enough to brush his own with her fingertips. There were so many things she wanted to say, wanted to feel. Turning her gaze away with a small shake of her head, she knew she had to take a moment. The wine and the music and the dancing were having an affect on her. She was too relaxed, too fuzzy in the head. Her mind struggled under its wine addled fog to reel in her body. Suddenly her mouth and tounge joined the fight. Alone briefly, and drunk, she took a breath.

"Vanator, I...what the-?!" The vantha stopped short, turning towards the confusion and at the same time drawing herself away from the drykas. Watching Pygmy's dramatic scene unfold with mouth agape, Khiara felt the familiar surge of guilt she always felt between her two friends. Here the kelvic was defending her honor, whilst she could barely keep herself in check. Looking at Vanator with something between amusement and regret, she prayed to the Goddess for strength. Opening her mouth to say something, she closed it again, before running off to follow Pygmy.

Reachin the kelvic as she dissolved in laughter, Khiara wrapped an arm around her waist as she approached, spinning them both around tipsily with the momentum.

"Oh my Goddess, Pygmy!" Khiara laughed, gasping with a face of shock and delight. There wasn't anything she could do but laugh, shaking her head. Wrapping her other arm around Pygmy, she crushed her in a hug.

"You are so...I mean...that was brilliant!"

Khiara
Player

Words: 166009
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2010, 12:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Vanator on May 27th, 2010, 6:06 pm

Van looked at Pygmy first with a bright grin after she kissed his cheek, quickly followed by a look of confusion as she let go of his hand and move purposely off to 'do something'. He watched as she moved through the crowd, but was distracted as Khiara stepped closer, much closer.

Khiara was a different woman that night. He wasn't quite sure who or what had gotten into herlately, but she was loud and bubbly and free, and a bit drunk. He looked down into her eyes, still fascinating to him in all their rich violet and gold hues. She was close enough to brush against him, and it sent a warm flash across his skin.

The Vantha wanted to say something, he could see it even as she turned her head away. He saw Khiara come to some resolution as she turned back and spoke his name....

Thats when he heard Pygmy's Zeltivan accent rise about the music and the crowd. Van's jaw dropped and he froze in place as the Kelvic poured out the drama in a stellar performance. His face turned crimson and burnt hot. As the deathly silence fell on the pavilion, Van did not know whether to laugh, yell or crawl under a table.

Khiara ran after Pygmy, and a sea of faces turned towards Khiara's shrinking date. Some, knowing the outsider had come with Van, turned to glare at him. He strode quickly out of the pavilion, the crowd parting to make way for the the Denusk son.

breaking into the cool night air and slipping past the few guests outside, he found Pygmy and Khiara. His features were stern, his voice harsh. "Pygmy, I can't believe you did that!" Van glared at her for only a moment more, before bursting into laughter. "I can't believe you did that!" His tone softened, and he drew her into a hug. "Remind me never to cross you Mi."

His head swam slightly as the mead began to take affect. Van released Pygmy and looked down at his two companion. He decidedly liked being around them. "Well, we certainly can't go back in there. Since this is your doing, darling goat girl, what do you suggest we do now?"
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dhanya on May 30th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Pygmy laughed as Khiara tackled her, wrapping her arms around her friend as they laughed. She seemed momentarily cowed when Van voiced his disappointment. Her shoulders curved in and her hands drew up to her chest. She seemed quite genuinely sorry that Van might be upset at her, until he laughed. Her relief opened her posture and she no longer seemed guarded against the potential for reprisal.

"Wise men don't." She said in reply to Van.

She looked between her two companions, her closest friend and the man she was coming to feel entirely too attached to and felt a sense of contentment that had eluded her before. She didn't have a name for it, though she should have at least suspected.

"Why don't we get a drink at the Trough?" She asked, reaching out her hand to take Van's again. "I haven't had much to drink, I was being good."

She laughed to herself again, warm and sweet.

"Gave that up, I think you can see."
Dhanya

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Khiara on June 2nd, 2010, 9:29 am

Laughing, Khiara let go of Pygmy as Vanator moved to her, avoiding contact with his warm golden skin. Tucking back a loose strand of hair, the vantha pressed her hands against her cheeks with a shocked sort of expression.

"Goddess, I am hot. Are you hot? I'm so hot, my cheeks are burning!" Reaching over, she compared Pygmy's cheeks with her own flushed ones, laughing at the comparison before shaking her head.

"The Trough sounds like a wonderful idea. As long as they have wine...OH! And this clear drink, you both must have one or two with me. Its a small shot, and you drink it in one mouthful. It's horrible, but brilliant!" Her bright violet eyes widened as she explained the beverage, before linking an arm in Pygmy's and looking at Vanator around the kelvic.

"Please tell your cousin I am sorry later. Well, mostly sorry."

Khiara
Player

Words: 166009
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2010, 12:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Artist (1)

Postby Vanator on June 2nd, 2010, 11:27 am

Van welcomed Pygmy's hand in his and nodded in agreement. "The Trough it is then." He grinned at Pygmy in the dim torchlight, then leaned around to look at Khiara. "Don't worry about my cousin, I didn't want to say anything, but he's had it coming for a while!"

Hand in hand and arm in arm the three friends wound their way through Endrykas' dark streetways till they heard the familiar rowdy sound of the tavern's patrons, the evenings festivities already in full swing. Ducking into the pavilion, Pygmy was immediately recognized by several regulars, who greeted her with waves and loud welcomes.

That evening's entertainment was a sizable band that must have worked the crowd well, for there was a particularly merry atmosphere in the tavern. Perhaps it was sparked by a few of the reception guests that he recognized. Thankfully they had left the party before Pygmy had made her scene.

"Alright Vantha, show us these demon drinks you were talking about." Van forged ahead through the throng towards the simple bar, pulling the Kelvic behind him, and Khiara behind her. The Drykas was still quite curious about the Vantha's sudden frivolity and willingness to let her self loose. Apparently she had not been sulking in her tent all these days after all. He smiled to himself.

Nudging room for the three of them at the bar, one of the Fouroat brothers working the taps recognized them and made his way over to greet them. After a nod and mead -driven overly wide grin, Van looked at Khiara, giving her the opening to give their order.
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dhanya on June 4th, 2010, 4:27 pm

And there was singing and drinking and demon drinking, followed by a distinct lack of sobriety. With their merriment came joy that Pygmy had not ever felt before, surrounded by people she had come to love and trust. She felt so at home now, at the Trough. She had never sung at such a welcoming place, one that had given her so much. She had honed her craft and learned songs and ways of singing them that she hadn't known before.

She never wanted to leave and truthfully, she fought the dawn, praying that the dark would stay a little longer so they could enjoy it. Pygmy stayed close to Van, happiest by his side. She felt more Kelvic than she ever had before and could even see the joy in it.

She wondered if he felt the same.

Still, all taverns had to close at some time.
Dhanya

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Vanator on June 5th, 2010, 5:29 pm

It was true, closing time had come and the Fouroats brothers chased Pygmy, Khiara and Vanator out of the Trough, laughing at the giggling trio. They stumbled out into the pre-dawn street, arm in arm and hand in hand. Van had had too much to drink, but the Drykas had not had that much fun in ages.

He clung to Pygmy as she clung to him, in his hazy state allowing himself to get closer to her than he usually did. Khiara too, in spite of the unspoken vow they had taken to never let on the feelings they had for one another. But tonight Pygmy seemed to connect to him like never before.

They walked Khiara to her tent, smothering her in hugs before finally letting her shuffle into the small structure. Pygmy and Van headed back to their pavilion, arms around each other. They joked openly and laughed loudly, Van feeling a comfort with Pygmy that made him feel ...grounded.

Supporting each other as they entered the tent, instead of parting to go to separate sides, they moved in unison to one, and they both slipped inside Van's bedroll. Barriers that alcohol had not already toppled came down as they gave in to something that had already begun to bind them together without their understanding. Morning light would find Pygmy still in Van's arms.
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Reception [Pygmy, Khiara][Completed]

Postby Tundris on September 19th, 2010, 5:01 am

Pygmy
+2 Observation
+2 Rhetoric
+2 Dancing
Lores:
Drykas Social Etiquette, Drykas Formal Weddings, Fitting Into Drykas Culture, The Wit of A Drykas Ankal, Impressing Drykas Family, Drykas Fashion, Lyrical Vantha Humour, Performing Under the Influence

Khiara
+3 Singing
+2 Dancing
+1 Rhetoric
Lores:
Drykas Fashion, Fighting Feelings of Jealousy, Kelvic Affections, Spicy Drykas Cuisine, Performing Under The Influence, Boisterous Kelvic Behaviour

Vanator
+2 Observation
+2 Dancing
+1 Rhetoric
Lores:
In The Company of A Kelvic, Kelvic Affections, Coordinating Smooth Introductions, Vantha Body Language, Reading Vantha Eye Colours, Lyrical Vantha Humour, Boisterous Kelvic Behaviour

Notes: I had a blast reading this thread, it had everything! Jealousy, Alcohol, Public Embarrassment, Hilarious Song Lyrics. Awesome Job Guys!
Tundris
Mother Drykas

Words: 59440
Joined roleplay: December 13th, 2009, 10:30 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Trailblazer (1)

Previous