Odd Otter [Gabrielle Seawind]

Sari is trapped in her otter form, Gabrielle Seawind saves her. The end. (Kinda)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An inland sea created by Ivak's cataclismic fury during the Valterrian, the Suvan Sea is a major trade route and the foremost hub for piracy in Mizahar. [lore]

Postby Sari on May 9th, 2012, 1:41 am

Sari gave a small little wave to the dolphin. She thought they were cool, and if she couldn't be an otter, she hoped she'd be a Kelvic dolphin.

"Plans? I don't think that far ahead!" Sari laughed a little, but quieted quickly, as she did need to think of plans. "I've heard from other otters that Sylrias stinks, literally. I guess I'll swim around or something, though I'll have to figure out away to bring these clothes..." Sari mulled over her options. "I guess I could go to Sylrias..." Sari shrugged.

She had an idea suddenly. "Do you need an extra pair of hands aboard this ship?" She asked hopefully, but not wanting to be pushy, as Gabrielle had been so kind before, she didn't want to trespass further.
The Earth is all we have in common.
-Wendell Barry
Sari
A bit of fur never hurt anyone... (;

Words: 14218
Joined roleplay: April 22nd, 2012, 3:37 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Gabrielle Seawind on May 9th, 2012, 11:50 am

"What do you mean? You want to travel with me?"

The svefra tilted her head in inquiry. She had not expected Sari to come up with such an idea, though it didn't bother Gabrielle. She looked the kelvic up and down, as if judging her. The svefra did not mean to act offensively, but it was in her nature to be wary of those not from her race.

Sari was a kelvic. If she remembered correctly, kelvics were simple-minded and did not understand mnay human concepts. Besides, Sari had been stuck in her animal form for some time now. 'There's no way she knows how to sail.'

However, having someone else onboard would be nice. She had been travelling alone for a stretch of time now, not to mention that still had no idea where her pod was.

In the end, Gabrielle gave a shrug, a slight smile on her face. "I guess if you want to come along, you can. I'm assuming you don't know how to sail, and I'm not a very good teacher... so you can do other things like clean, or cook, right?"
Gabrielle Seawind
Just Another Pirate

Words: 116325
Joined roleplay: November 1st, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sari on May 10th, 2012, 12:14 am

"Yes, please!" Sari nodded happily. She had been hoping that Gabrielle would say yes, and her hopes had been answered!
Then she laughed, a light cooing laugh. "I'm sure there's been worse teachers. And don't worry, I'm a pretty quick learner if I may say so myself!"
Then she stood straight and smiled lightly. "I can clean, fish, get water, and whatever else you need me to!" She said enthusiastically. "I'm not quite sure on the whole 'cooking' concept though... I eat things raw usually."
She shrugged, as she didn't understand why cooking was such a big deal for most people. Things taste better raw, in her opinion.
Last edited by Sari on May 11th, 2012, 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Wendell Barry
Sari

Character sheet

Postby Gabrielle Seawind on May 10th, 2012, 12:33 pm

Gabrielle grinned at the enthusiastic girl. It was quite strange to find a kelvic in such an odd place, but now she was leaving with a companion -- a companion who could help her around the bit.

"I guess you can eat the fish raw, but I'll be cooking my share," said the svefra with a smile. "I was planning to stay here for the night, but I guess I can teach you about some sailing basics... just in case."

Gabrielle leaned down and scooped some fish in her hands. It was slimy to the touch, but she was used to it. Leaning over the side of her boat, she started tossing the fish to Kairo, who took them in his mouth happily. The dolphins did some twirls to thank her.

When she was done, Gabrielle started to tell Sari about the parts of the boat. She pointed to the port and starboard, which were basically the left and right sides of the ship, respectively. Then she did some gestures with her hands to describe how the sails should be positioned to make it move where you wanted it to. "The direction of the wind plays a big part in how the sails should be positioned. After a while, you'll remember the positions like they're second nature."

After she was done telling Sari the basics, Gabrielle decided that she was hungry and retreated to her cabin once more to see if there was anything she could sink her teeth in. As she left the girl out on the deck, she couldn't help but smile to herself, happy at the turn of events.

OOCI'm going to send you a PM in a while :D
Gabrielle Seawind
Just Another Pirate

Words: 116325
Joined roleplay: November 1st, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sari on May 11th, 2012, 1:49 am

Sari smiled and nodded, glad that she wouldnt have to cook the various mussels, clams, and fish she caught and ate. It would just be quicker and easier without a fire to possibly burn her hard work.
"I'll have to speak to the weather if there's another cataclysmic storm tonight!" She joked halfheartedly. Then she quieted, and became an attentive student. Most Kelvics didn't like learning, and neither did she, but this was on her favorite subject, the Sea. She nodded every so often, listened attentively as Gabrielle pointed out the diffrent parts of the boat. She tried to remember all of them for later, but it quite soon became a bit overwhelming and she missed words here and there.
As much as she liked the topic, she was glad when the lecture ended, as she was pretty sure knowledge would start flowing out her ears. Seeing Gabrielle retreat into her cabin, Sari decided to catch dinner. This exciting turn of events had made her hungry. She quickly stripped naked, remembering that clothes were dangerous to have on when morphing from when she lived with her mother. She put her clothes in a neat pile by Gabrielle's door. She was pretty sure they'd be safe there. She took a running start and leaped over the edge, feeling her body morph as her fingers bagan to slice through the water. She dove down, down, to the bottom, and looked around for a clam or two. Spotting some, she picked them up and kicked back up to the surface, clambering back up to the boat. Dropping her dinner, she quietly rejoiced on how much strength had returned to her with the loss of the ribbon. Taking out her rock, she bashed in the clams. She quickly picked out the meat and tossed the shells overboard. Cleaning her fur of stray bits of clam, Sari turned back into a human, as she didn't want Gabrielle to think she'd run away.
She put her clothes back on, as she was beginning to wish for her fur again. She slipped her rock into a hiding place in her pants, glad to have it nearby. The clothes were perfect pretend fur, and Sari leaned against the mast to go over her sailing lesson again.
-Wendell Barry
Sari

Character sheet

Postby Trident on June 18th, 2012, 3:22 pm

Gabrielle Seawind

Skills:
  • Teaching +2
  • Observation +1

Lores:
  • Sari: Kelvic Nature, History, Traveling Partner

Sari

Skills:
  • Sailing +1
  • Observation +1

Lores:
  • Gabrielle Seawind: Ship Captain, Traveling Partner
  • Kelvic Shifting
  • Adjusting the Sails to the Direction of the Wind

Comments: Nice thread, guys. Sari and Gabrielle seem good together. I can't wait to see where this new partnership takes them.

If you have any questions about my ruling, feel free to PM me!

Development ThreadDS OfficeSuvan SeaSuvan Sea Lore

---

Accepting more moderated threads now on a limited basis. PM me for more information.
Trident
Welcome to no man's land

Words: 105060
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2011, 3:58 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous