Strange and Interesting Times (Solo)

Faraluun emerges from deep study in the library seeking companionship of a different quality.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Faraluun on April 30th, 2012, 10:36 pm

27th Summer, 508 A.V.
oocPermission for this thread has been approved by Paragon

Deep in the confines of the library, Faraluun poured over a text entitled "A Study On Summoning and Those Who Practice It". He had plucked it off the shelf simply because he felt he lacked a key understanding of the art that Hadrian's tutoring wouldn't cover since it dealt most particularly with glyphing and so far he found the tomb rather enlightening, bringing to light some key concepts that his master had failed to mention to him during his time in Alvadas. Still he found himself hastily flipping through some of the more convoluted pages where the author lapsed into theoretical ideas and the morality of it all, stopping when he came across a sheaf of drawings, the first sketches he had seen in the book, sorting through the pages, he began to read.

A Minimum Circle is the simplest circle in the summoners repertoire available. As seen above, it has an outer circle known as the barrier, and is formed to keep the reaction within the boundaries of the aforementioned circle. Within that is found the inner circle that is formed to connect the sixteen spaces that hold the numerical glyphs of the destination world. The third, and final circle is seen in the middle of the circle, and is tasked with connecting the coordinates with the center of the circle. It should be noted that the minimum circle can summon from any world, but the summoner should restrict themselves for the leash produced from this shatters quite easily.

Recommended worlds on which to exploit the minimum circle are as follows:

Kseyden - Infested with Vilemoss
Astral Coordinates - 3893849280160001

Notes: While no sentient beings reside on it's surface, caution should be used when harvesting Vilemoss as it is highly toxic if touched with bare skin or inhaled.

Swalden - Home to Memosites
Astral Coordinates - 8492841047291777

Notes: Used as a repository of information for wizards, it should be understood that Memosites are sentient beings, and will communicate telepathically with the wielder. After an exchange of information, common etiquette demands the summoner return it to the planetary ring lest the stones withhold their knowledge the next time they are summoned by the wizard.

Fyrden - World of Familiars
Astral Coordinates - 6701984710485453

Notes: Homeworld of familiars found bonded to the wizards throughout history, it should be noted the sentient creatures can not survive ouside of their home world without a symbiotic bond to a wizard being forged.

Faraluun scratched his chin upon reading the words, mulling over the word Familiar while he furiously flicked across the pages of notes as he looked for some explanation for the term.

On Familiarity and Other Matters

Sarawanki, Avavali, Pascid, Irylid, Kirt, and Gordios are familiars as was mentioned in Section: 9A The Practicality and Dangers of Summoning. The drawings above do them little justice my own familiar mentions, but on the information collected on them, I've been assured that it is satisfactory.

Choosing one is a delicate business, brokered by another wizard's familiar, and the person to be bonded must be careful in his decision for bonding is a permanent endeavor. As to the different species involved they seemed to be divided depending on which half of the world they are found on, particularly Lightfacers, and Darkfacers.

Lightfacers include the liquid Sarawanki, the ethereal Avavali, and the quicksilver Pascid.

Darkfacers include the icy Irylid, the metallic Kirt, and shadowy Gordios.

Their personalities vary as widely as our own, as does proportionately their appearances. Abilities tend to vary, though this is covered in later in my earlier study 'In Depth On The Reality of Familiars'. It should be noted that the Kirt, and Pascid tend to be high maintenance for the wizard bonded with them, and are encouraged to be avoided by all but the most determined summoners.

Reading the last page, Faraluun pushed himself back from the table, puzzling over the contents. It seemed he had still much to learn about summoning.
Faraluun
The Fallen Wanderer

Words: 84429
Joined roleplay: October 23rd, 2011, 6:00 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Faraluun on May 2nd, 2012, 9:38 pm

"Master Faraluun, your petition to meet Mistress Fianza has been granted if you would follow me"

The ethaefal looked to the young woman whom's the voice belonged, and silently answering her call, he stood up and followed her down the narrow hallway. He'd spent the better part of two days inquiring to the students and staff of the place on where he'd find one knowledgeable in the summoning arts, something he'd imagined being a much easier task. After that it had been simple as sending word to the professor, and waiting till leth's light shined over the city for an answer to his request. He still ladies answer was a bit unexpected, given the hour, though considering his request, he supposed it was appropriate. After all it was far from what she usually received of that he was certain.

Even in his gods light, he could feel his goddesses call for wisdom thrumming through him, urging him to push past the boundaries of his earthly tied shell and expand his mind to accept the wisdom therein. The art of summoning itself did not interest him, though what it could bring him most certainly did, especially with the admission of a familiar with which he could push his ambitions even further.

Finally a wooden portal opened before them, revealing a immaculate stone chamber within, an intricate circle patterned artfully on the floor reminiscent of the dark hair flowing from his head. Ahead of him, a woman cleared her voice and immediately his eyes looked up to hers.

"Your name precedes you Master Faraluun"
Faraluun
The Fallen Wanderer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Faraluun on June 8th, 2012, 3:36 am

"As does yours. Were it not so quick to the tongue of fellow scholars I fear I would be entertaining quite different company tonight" Faraluun replied eloquently, a small smile coloring his features. He struck quite the figure, standing tall and muscular with black hair that starkly contrasted his silvery skin, not to mention the dark green horns that gracefully curved from his temples. To her credit, the woman hid her surprise well, and kept her composure, though Faraluun had spent a long enough time amongst people to recognize curiosity when he saw it. Syliras had further engrained in him that ethaefal was something of a rarity to encounter, and the fact that he had yet to meet an ethaefal to date seemed to prove such a likelihood. It made since for after all what ethaefal of leth would want to be taken from such a splendorous presence, and had it not been leths wish, he'd have likely remained there.

"I came.."

"I know well your reasoning for coming Master Faraluun. You wish to bond with a Familiar. That much could be intuited from words spoken between you and your peers, as well as your request that was brought to me. Come" The woman interrupted, and without missing a beat, turned her back to him and kneeled by the circle, her hands now occupied with a slender silver knife.

By leths moonlight, she meant to do it tonight.

He opened his mouth to speak, but was promptly quieted by a touch from the woman, the gentleness of it surprising. "The question remains, what is it you intended to offer me in return for this service"

"I have seen and done much in my time on the surface, things that might prove interesting to a scholar of the worlds" Faraluun spoke cooly, appreciative to be allowed to speak at last.

"Interesting"

"What?"

"I expected differently for a man of your stature as you are" The woman replied simply, gesturing at his muscular body. "Though I suppose you are cut of off different cloth than those others"

He paused, taken aback by the suggestion. "I would have thought a woman of your standing above such base inquires to her person"

"At one time, what I knew was not enough to see myself sustained. Your lucky to garner such curiosity from generous donors without having to return the favor"

"I have seen my dues filled. Honorably"

"Fortune favors those with the benefit to know a weapon so fine. Without the uncommonness of your being, you'd have resorted to the same or worse to keep yourself sustained"

"There is always another way"

"Have you ever known hunger?"

"No. The moonlight sustains me, though I have lived many lives. The feeling I have doubtlessly not escaped" Faraluun replied rather sharply, standing up with a start.

Fianza stayed on the floor, his hand lightly resting on his foot. "Remarkable" She said with a small smile. "Usually it takes longer than this, and a certain lack of clothing"

"To do what?"

"To pry secrets from a man"
Faraluun
The Fallen Wanderer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes