A Warmth Through the Bars[Ximal/Closed]

Spring 512, Day 86, The Cages

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Jolie on May 7th, 2012, 11:40 pm

Jolie honestly didn't know why she was where she was, in the Cages... in her Hyena form, too. One of the prisoners had caught her eye, though. Despite this, it was probably not in a good way. Catching her eye usually meant she found you disgusting, or a poor excuse for- whatever race you were. Her head tilted slowly, and she walked up to the bars without any hesitance, claws grasping the ground slightly every time a paw touched the ground. Her eyes narrowed, and she leaned forward to sniff. He smelled wretched. She leaned back slightly, sitting down on her haunches, and observed him. He was big- and by big, she meant tall. Huge. Much taller than Jolie was in human form. "Gosh," she breathed. To her, it came out sort of raspy. To him, it may of sounded like a small doggy yelp. His hair was dark, but she couldn't tell the color of his eyes. "Come closer," she wanted to say. "I want to see." but she didn't, because him understanding her was of slim chance.

She yelped in a strange way, that resembled a dog bark, but clearly wasn't. Her mane began to rise, as did the strange feeling she had that he was a threat. Even though, he was, in a cage. She just sat there, staring at him. Maybe he would understand she wanted him to talk, to say something. The heels of her hind legs rubbed roughly against the ground, and she felt the scratches that she would notice easier in human form with her softer and more delicate skin. Her ears flicked involuntarily, and her mouth opened and closed as if offering him a chance to speak words. Or, as if she was showing him what to do.

Jolie nearly began thinking of her sister, but didn't, and then held back a yawn. She did not want to appear too relaxed. He could jump forward at any moment, and that was what she was preparing herself for. Anyone in the Cages could be a crazy person, and though she knew that there would not be occurring, a fight, she did not want to flinch and appear weak, either. She wanted to remain completely neutral to this strange being for at least a little while, before she possibly changed into human form. She did not want to show him her human form, for if he did ever get out of here and for him to recognize her, may bring some troubles to Koda. That, was her biggest fear. Trouble to Koda. And so she knew that coming here wasn't smart, because that is what this may result in, if the result must be rather bad. So, she stayed staring.
Jolie
Player

Words: 7540
Joined roleplay: April 30th, 2012, 12:19 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Ximal on May 8th, 2012, 1:12 am

Meditation, his only respite from the boredom the cages brought. The motionless and strung out strained, draining, crawling bells of the cages. Ever hour in the outside world seemed to feel like three within the solitude of his cell with only feral creatures around him to occupy his attention. His only speaking buddy having left three days past, having regained his senses. XI sat meditating in the solitude of his cell, focusing on a box, thin, then flattening it completely. Before folding the image within his mind, condensing it shortening it, trying to repair the fractured abyss of his mind. Though every time he folded it, it ripped. Every tiny rip grew as he folded it further. Before joining together and having the paper sheet crumble. Another failed attempt, another botched attempt. He was despairing, then he was sucked into his mind again. Back to the world of grey-scale and little colour. The mad beast within, face to face with the man he was. Xi glared into liros eyes. His dark blue pools of fire, leering into liros orbs of molten, glinting gold. The spark of agitation between them was intolerable. Ten the silence broke with liros words as always. What i'm not the one whose causing time to pass slowly, you want it to move faster? Do something. And how am i supposed to do that with you trying to rip this body apart everytime i used that power? Oh that...That's not my fault that's yours. Up until now you've only been using a very small proportion of your total power output per uses of your power. Emotion isnt the best way. Best way to unlock your latent powers yes. But to harness and use them to thier fullest...For that you need inner peace...And well with the wars going on between you and me...You either give too much energy and hurt yourself. Or not enough to have your desired effect... So basically what your saying is until my mind is fixed i cant use this power of mine to it's fullest potential without irreparably damaging my body? Exactly. In essence untill we come to an agreement and this mind is repaired...You try to use your power, were both petched. Xi sighed as he was ripped back to reality by the sound of an animal.

His eyes snapped open, he breathed out a sigh. Looking around he remembered where he was and that no possible creatures could get to him. Even that jamoura that escaped the other day couldn't get through his bars. Then his eyes clocked onto the likely culprit of the noise. A hyena? Why the heck would a hyena yelp unless in pain or scared? I thought they were more partial to laughing? On the trip to the spires camp xi had seen a few hyenas but they were spotted, this one was striped...Xi took a deep calming breath and remembered it was probably feral. Just regaining it's senses. Still a friendly face might be a nice sight for a creature just returning from insanity. Xi smiled at the beast. Xi didn't know if it was a kelvic or a actual animal but whatever it was...It had more than likely just returned from crazy town...Xi's permanent residence there want exactly friendly...Still Xi smiled at the creature and said quietly in his low voice. "Don't be scared of me. I won't hurt you. That and the bars are strong enough to take a jamoura poundin on them for five days straight." Xi sat in the middle of his cage his arm still bandaged and lifted from his event with his power. Petch liro. Sill Xi stared at the creature and spoke again. "Are you a kelvic or an actual hyena?"

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Jolie on May 8th, 2012, 1:35 am

It took a while for the man to respond, and when he did, it made Jolie want to laugh a little. Why would she be afraid of him, if he was caged? He seemed sane enough... so why was he in the Cages for? She yawned, tired, hungry. She would have changed, now, to show him she was indeed a Kelvic, but she couldn't, not with the hunger and the tiredness biting at her. She rolled her eyes. "I won't hurt you," he'd said. No way was he going to hurt her. Like he needed to reassure her of that? He couldn't of gotten to her if he'd wanted to. "Are you a Kelvic or an actual hyena?" he'd said. She thought it over. Not the question, really, but in turn how to respond to that. Her eyes narrowed(they did this often, as she was usually caught in thought, or in some sort of stance which relied on this to make a point), and she looked down at her paws. She walked up to the bars now, getting up in a strange position, and licked the cage. It tasted gross. She nearly backed away, but she could now study his eyes.

Her tongue lolled, and she saw a hint of confusion in his gaze. Was he thinking over the noises she'd made? More than likely. She made a strange movement, which included her shoulders squeezing together and up, almost like a shrug, which was what she was trying to do. Close to the bars, now, she sat. She looked down at the ground, and with a claw, made one line. It was for One, for the First Option he had listed. Kelvic, not a normal hyena. She hoped he would get what she was trying to say, but the fact she had just shrugged pretty much confirmed the fact she was not a "normal" animal.
Jolie
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ximal on May 8th, 2012, 2:41 am

Strange, the animal seemed to be understanding him. Then again it could be liro playing tricks on him...He had gotten more powerful after all...Still liro watched the creature it lifted itself against the bars. What was the creature doing? Studying him? Why? Xi took a deep breath and rose from his seated position as he watched a guard bring over food. Their turn...Walking to the little hole n the bars Xi recieved his food noded and lightly spoke the word thanks before the guard moved on to the cage next to him where the hyena resided. opening the door and placing the food on the floor of the cage before closeing it again and lumbering back off to his post. Xi's stomach growled and he dug into the food before him. Same as the hyena's food. a bowl of rice and assorted meat with thin sticky sauce. It was good but very filling. Xi ate slowly as he still watched the hyena. Is it me or did that hyena just shrug? You tell me? Your the crazy one... Xi watched the hyena, it sat down again near the bars and drew a line in the ground with it's claw. Was it...Talking to him? Or just writing thing in the ground cos it felt like it? Now he was even more confused than when he'd started. He ate slowly as he wondered whether he was truly insane now or whether that hyena was actually trying to talk to him. Sinking back to a seated position he held the bowl of food in his left hand. Winding as it took the weight. Then he began to eat. Still keeping his eyes on the hyena...

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Jolie on May 8th, 2012, 10:55 pm

Jolie's facial features now moved to ones that said, "Are you kidding me?" did he really not get what she was saying? Since she appeared as a dog, sometimes she was able to fool idiots, by making noises similar to dog sounds, to make them think she was one. She made a dog noise, similar to a bark, and pranced in circles. She took the food that was handed to her, and nearly shoved it into the male's cage in fury, for she was not a prisoner, and did not know what that guard was thinking(for she was not in a cage), but then she stopped herself. Maybe she could use this food to strengthen herself, to change into a human... yes, she needed that. She scoffed down the food, somewhat slowly, and yet it was gone within a minute or two. For her, that was slow. She was used to eating whatever she could find, so she didn't starve. She was used to getting whatever she could, for her sister. After she ate all that had been served, she briskly backed up a bit more, and changed into her human form. Her dark hair hadn't grown much since she'd first arrived, but her eyes had become more like her hyena form's, and her nails, sharper than they had been, her teeth sharp and feral like.
She was sitting, criss-cross, leaning back a little bit and holding onto her feet so she wouldn't swing back all the way. "I'm Jolie," she said cooly. She drew the one line in the ground again with her nail, in a different spot. "And I'm the first option," she waited. "I'm obviously the first option, a Kelvic."
Jolie
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ximal on May 8th, 2012, 11:33 pm

Xi ate and watched the hyena eat. Funny he was still going over whether the hyena was playing with him or actually answering his question. Then almost as if answering his question for him, the hyena changed to human. What is Oveks name was it with him and kelvics? Xi sighed as he listened to her. Jolie, eh? Xi watched her draw in the earth again. So she was talking to him. You truely are an idiot aren't you? Xi grunted as he walked to the bars, looking down to her. His face was hard, purely from the clawing of liros firey talons. "Nice to meet you jolie...And i'm sorry for not knowing if you were a kelvic or not but after all...This is a jungle So i could have gotten you confused with a wild animal...Oddly it seems only wild animals have been drawn to my cage as of late." Xi's balck blue eyes burned with a glistening interest and life. "Tell me, Jolie. What brings you to my...Current lodgings? The only people who come to talk to me normally either call me an idiot or want to bargain with me so what is it you want?" Xi's sheer size was intimidating even with a bandaged arm the twinge of liros madness emanating from him, The sheer ear that could impose was staggering...What could she want with him? His eyes narrowed and met hers. Dark brown...Odd the first brown eyes he'd seen in a while...He could feel the tearing pain of liro pulling him from control but only light at the moment. Knowing liro it would get stronger...Fast.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Jolie on May 9th, 2012, 1:32 am

She shrugged, completely nude and not caring, and apparently he didn't either. But, he did look intently into her eyes. "I don't know. You just seem different from the rest of these immensely stupid jailers." she looked around at the rest of them, and then back at him. She put her hands into his cage, and said, "Nice to meet you. But, you haven't said your name." she paused, and went into further explanation for why she was here. "I was just following smells, and yours seemed different than the Jamoura I was scenting so much. I was just curious, is all." she crossed her arms, cold. "Gosh, there's a breeze, huh." though there wasn't much of one at all, it was just that she could feel it, having on no clothes and all. She mumbled, "Brr," and then shook her head.

She looked at him, and then asked, "So, why are you in here? Something big, something small? Something stupid, something serious?" she couldn't think of something too serious, after the storm, but she knew anything was possible.
Jolie
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ximal on May 9th, 2012, 2:28 am

Xi sighed as she said she came here for no particular reason. She also brought up a point that was slipping his mind more and more often...His name. " my names Ximal, Xi for short. Pleasure to meet you Jolie." Xi smiled as she put her hand through the bar. Small. Xi brought his hand up to shake hers, his ham of a hand dwarfing hers as he shook it gently. As she explained why she was here, letting it go she crossed her arms complaining it was cold. Xi took his shirt off and offered it through the bars. Showing the huge scarring of his body along with the, brand on his chest. He offered it through the bars. "It's not much but you'll be a little warmer." She asked him why he was here. He just laughed at his own stupidity. "I'm in here for attacking one of the trees out of my own sheer stupidity...And so they stuck me in here. Coulda been worse i hear. Xi slumped down to the bottom of the cage. Sighing he leaned back on his right arm. He hated being injured. And this one still had a few days to heal...Fan-petching-tastic.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Jolie on May 10th, 2012, 2:33 am

He seemed disappointed with her response, but if she chose to go and add more onto it after speaking already, he may think she was searching for attention, or to be liked. Neither was true, but boredom definitely was at the moment. His large hand had engulfed hers, and his large shirt covered more than half of her body, so she felt, actually, much warmer than he said she would. "Thanks," she mumbled, cuddling to the shirt. She looked at him over, and his whole from looked like he'd taken a beating with a club... when he said that he had attempted to beat up a tree, she couldn't help but laugh hysterically. "Oh my gosh!" she giggled, rocking back and forth. "You attacked a tree!?" she was giggling for a long time, laughing, crying... all at the same time. This lasted for a few more minutes until she managed to calm herself down. She walked up to the cage again, and then pressed her face into it. "Ximal," she echoed his name, then his nickname. "Xi." she nodded, as if saying she understood something, and then spoke again. "Nice to meet you, too." she paused. "Why did you attack a tree?"
Jolie
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ximal on May 10th, 2012, 3:30 am

Xi Watched the woman before him. Wearing his shirt she looked a little warmer if nothing else. He caught her looking over his body. Gawking at the scars or ? Xi looked at her with a slight questioning look until she started to burst into laughter over what he had said concerning the tree. Then he just sighed and waited for her to finish. Looking a her with a look that was both unimpressed and unamused. Though it was his fault he didn't like being reminded of how much of an idiot he was. Then she managed to stop her giggling long enough to speak and ask him why he was attacking a tree. Xi paused for a moment befroe leaning forwards to speak. " i was training same way i hurt my arm. And no i did not hurt my arm on a tree, i think i tore something whilst i was in the cage. I'm a fighter. Well a person who came here looking to help and all i found was the inside of this cell. Though it's not too bad. Back where i'm from i'd probably have been killed." Xi sighed as he stood back up and slid the bar out of place before hauling his weight up on his one good arm and hooking his feet into position. To her this would proably seem odd but to him this was about the time of day he'd start doing this. It was one of his only ways to stay sane inside his cage. Inverted stomach crunches. One hundred would be good, then he could stop if he felt tired. If not he'd just power on till he flet the need to stop.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes