[Sable's Scrap] Theoretically Speaking

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Sable Baggywrinkle on May 8th, 2012, 3:47 pm

[Insert, for garnish, a picture of stacked anthologies--Norton, Heath or otherwise--with a pair of glasses on top. Subject to change at author's whim. In fact, delete and place in its stead a picture of Seven. No, not a picture, that little video thing of his model bopping his head back and forth as he walks down the hall. The one in Seven's scrapbook, you know? No, actually, next to that also place one of Pao's drawings. And a lock of Kam's hair. Nah. That's misleading and me being lazy cause I'm so bad at pictures that I have to steal those belonging to others. Final verdict, a kitten dangling from a flower. Drooling. For originality.]

Few people manage to spend any amount of time on Miz without creating a scrapbook. While I've neglected this aspect of the forum for over a year, in the last few months I've been knocking around the idea of creating one. Exemplified by being informed I was talking about "gross stuff" this morning after mentioning a select sentence of a critical theory essay, I need somewhere to kick around my responses to these essays. What first sparked the idea of using a scrapbook for this purpose was Kant's answer to the question of enlightenment. And what prompted action was the instigating hook for an essay on sexual pleasure's application to literature. No, not Freud. Never Freud.

So, while I'm sure this scrap will eventually devolve into the personal, I have no interest in using this as a social medium. If you want to chat, give hugs and cookies, catch me in Chat or AIM or use the little comment section of my profile. If you have a response to whatever half-coherent thoughts are posted here, feel free. In fact, you can even respond to this post here, if you really want to.

Coming soon, as soon as I finish writing an application paper, thoughts on Frankenstein. And also if I don't, yet again, become bored with, and allergic to, the idea of a scrapbook.
"Oneday I wished upon a star
And woke up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me."
Sable Baggywrinkle
Hi

Words: 137213
Joined roleplay: October 4th, 2011, 2:21 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on May 8th, 2012, 4:21 pm

Welcome to the world of Scrapbooks. Everyone does it eventually. Everyone.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)