I'm Going In (Open)

Xuphim has never been good at working with others, but it's time to suck it up and make some money.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

I'm Going In (Open)

Postby Xalet on June 11th, 2012, 8:53 am

"What the..." Xuphim paused inbetween the steps he took in order to back up, enabling a wider view of the roof above. His pause was caused by the unnatural jump Leon had just attempted, which demonstrated more than just simple body building. In fact, as a practiced body builder himself, Xuphim could tell Leon didn't have the body type for size and mass based body building. Was it magic then? "I don't even want to know. Whatever, as long as we get this furry bastard." he finally decided. He could spend his time contemplating Leon's potentially magic tainted self after they struck the punch signal and got paid. Easier said than done of course.

Xuphim noticed that quicker than he could have anticipated, the Jamoura was proceeding to do exactly what he had planned for. The problem was that he hadn't planned for it to happen quite so smoothly. In the short time Marcus and Leon had forced the Jamoura to abandon it's position atop the structure within the petal, he hadn't gotten the time to take his net out from inside of his capture pack. "Damn it damn it..." he grumbled, the pace of his voice quickly gaining speed as the Jamoura bounded toward the edge. He fumbled around, trying to prepare the reclamation measure, but was never going to get to his net in time.

Finally he dropped his pack, the contents clamoring to the wood shaped ground as he decided to simply 'wing it'. The heavy body of the Jamoura leapt down, shaking the carpentry beneath the Akalak's feet. Just as the creature began an attempt to gain forward momentum, Xuphim met the ape and started to try and pull the creature down to the ground. Traditional arm-bar take-downs were useless, the Jamoura's arm and shoulder was simply too wide in circumference for Xuphim to get a decent grip. It also seemed more than able to fight against the Syliran's physical force, sending a calloused paw down to push Xuphim's face toward the ground. "Go down you giant mudsucker..." he growled, finally wrapping a leg around the front of the Jamoura's right shin as it stepped, sending both sprawling downward to the suspended floor high above the forests ground level.

That wasn't going to keep the Jamoura down for long, however. The more desperate the situation, the more Xuphim found himself struggling just to keep a grip on his prize, lest one or both of them go over the edge. "Throw the nets! Just net us both!" he called out, keeping his head tucked tightly against the Jamoura's ribs in an attempt to stay any wayward blows to the face and neck. Armor or not, the big man did not feel like having his head twisted about one-hundred and eighty degrees.
Last edited by Xalet on June 15th, 2012, 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xalet
The answer is more Body Building.

Words: 539431
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

I'm Going In (Open)

Postby Marcus Braeden on June 13th, 2012, 3:29 am

It worked, the plan actually worked. Marcus had actually managed to scare the creature down. For a brief moment he felt pretty accomplished. While Xalet and Ser Noah finished the job, Marcus stood proudly on the roof, basking in his apparent 'glory'. Unfortunately the glory of his was short lived, as when he turned around he noticed Leon. The crazy bastard has actually managed to jump up to the ledge, and scared the Jamoura. He stole his thunder!

"Uhhhhhhh right, anyway we should probably get down. Good work...I guess" He mumbled as he began to prepare to descend. Suddenly he heard Xuphim yelling various swears on the other side. Marcus once again got up and ran to ledge that over-looked the action, just in time to see Xuphim gripping the leg of the creature as it jumped around wildly.

Xuphim called out to the throw the nets, even if he was bound to be caught in them. Ser Noah was the one who responded to his request. "You got it purple boy" the knight said as he reached into his sack and grabbed the net. Once he had it completely gripped in his palms, he swung his arms and out and tossed the net over both parties involved in the struggle. The Jamoura jerked about even more violently once entrapped.

"Tighten it" Marcus called, doing his best to cover up the slight laugh that nearly escaped his mouth. It was indeed necessary to tighten it, but the fact that Xuphim was in there was mildly entertaining at the least.
Last edited by Marcus Braeden on June 23rd, 2012, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marcus Braeden
Chasing the Dream

Words: 138816
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2010, 6:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

I'm Going In (Open)

Postby Leon Von Strova on June 15th, 2012, 5:06 am

Leon chuckled as he watched the struggle from the roof before jumping off, his body tucking down. He hit the ground in a slight roll, coming to a rest in a crouch just out of reach of the net. He tilts his head as he smiles, speaking softly, but not mockingly, "Look a Knight under a net. Not everyday I see that one." The Thief smiled, looking at the Jamoura before pulling out his punch signal, "And now..." He raised it, letting it go to do its work, "We turn it over to the head honcho." The Thief muttered, turning to look down at the Knights around him, "And I beat it before one of you start trying to poke me with a sword for my abilities or my career." The Thief gave an amused smile, looking 'round at all the knights, his eyes sparkling with mischief.
Leon Von Strova
The Silent Death

Words: 15951
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2012, 2:00 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

I'm Going In (Open)

Postby Xalet on June 20th, 2012, 11:57 pm

At first Xuphim contemplated the worst possible outcome that could result in being trapped securely within a net with a Jamoura. Images of the beast strangling the life from him were rather prominent, or seeing a familiar pair of fists coming up to try and deform his skull with great smashing blows. Never having been victim to a net before, the Akalak quickly found himself as the Jamoura he shared it with to be almost completely rendered immobile. He could still feel the heavy muscles and broad body of the Jamoura tensing and struggling, spittle flying from it's mouth as it exerted what was left of it's energy. It wasn't alone.

The Akalak tried to flex his own muscular power in an attempt to situate his body in a more comfortable position. Beneath his plates his fiercely sculpted physique wrenched and torqued. The man who could lift hundreds and hundreds of pounds jockeyed for a better position, attempting to rely on both muscular flexibility and raw physical strength. It wasn't working. "Son of a bitch, these nets are made really well..." Xuphim grumbled, a relatively deadpan expression settling down upon his face, his body simply lying limply within the confines of the entrapment tool.

"This sucks." he mentioned as he felt his body wobble ever so slightly in response to a last ditch effort from the Jamoura beneath him. His arms hand become relatively entangled themselves, and so he simply kept them as they were to avoid any further complications. His biggest concern was having additional people seeing him within the net. Despite any amount of success the hastily crafted quartet of people had, Xuphim couldn't help but feel like he ended up being the butt of some bad joke.

Though he was unable to turn his body to face the Squire, he could hear some of the amusement from Marcus. "Oh yeah, laugh it up. Just wait. Next time I'm going to find a way up top and you get to wrestle with the Jamouras." The distinctive smoke of the punch signal traveled all throughout the surrounding area, looks like it wouldn't be long until the crowd grew.
Xalet
The answer is more Body Building.

Words: 539431
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Previous