(Flashback) A Package? Where? (Waheed)

Syrah and her family recive a package from her brother Gris, delivered by her old friend/enemie, Waheed, from school.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Syrah Steele on May 13th, 2012, 1:56 pm

Timestamp: Winter Day 31, 510

At the current moment Syrah was arguing with her mother, Sadie. About what this time? It doesn't really matter. But if you really want to know, they where fighting about about silverware. Yes, silverware. Tonight the family, er Dean, her father, is having a large party at the house. Sadie and Syrah are setting the table with white linen, crystal glasses and dishes and silver utensils. Anyone who came would recognize their wealth, and thats exactly what Dean wanted. He was big on showing off, telling everyone just exactly how much richer he was than them. You would never see Dean with a man richer than himself. Once he found said man he would work until he has more money. Tonight he was inviting over twenty or so men and their wives for a feast celebrating the past years harvest. All these men where his partners or such in his business. Dean even went so far as to buy a small idol of Bala that is going to be used as a center piece.

Not only was the dinning room stunning, but the whole house as well. Servants had been working away at the mansion the entire day and now it was well into the early evening, the guests would be here in about a bell or so. But when they heard a sharp knock on the giant double doors leading into the house both women froze. They were not yet done fighting about where silverware is supposed to be placed and the table certainty wasn't finished setting up. The females speechlessness only lasted a second before they started fighting again about what time they were supposed to be there. Her father instructed that Syrah was to open the door and greet the guests because she was his protege.

Quickly enough they both decided that Syrah should probably open the door and invite the first guest in. Even if he/she was a hour early. So, while straightening her back, leveling her walk and shooing away the last of the working servants or slaves she gracefully strode to the doors. She put her hands on the golden doorknobs and sighed, taking in and letting out one big breath before she put a pleasant smile on her face and opened both oak doors wide to welcome her fathers first guest.
"I would like to most graciously thank Ms. Steele for providing me with much needed deep and intellectual RP that goes beyond, 'Hey I don't like you let's fight.' So if you do read this Syrah thank you very much!'" - Desmus Marrudius
Syrah Steele
My heart is cold but, so is the wine.

Words: 105282
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2012, 2:09 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Waheed on May 13th, 2012, 2:41 pm

Waheed groaned, the weather was especially cold today 'Not surprising, winter is usually a bit colder just when you think it couldn't get any more so' Indeed, the weather had a way of proving one wrong. As he strode through the streets of Syliras this cold evening, taking his time to get to his destination. Passing by a couple of middle aged women he flashed a friendly smile to them as a way to say hello. Like a couple of young women they giggled and looked at each other, leaving him wondering why they were giggling, unknown to himself the fact he was considered a handsome chap, and that left quite a few female admirers on his list of frequent customers.

You see, Waheed was a courier and in a city such as Syliras, which was one of the largest civilization in land and especially the safest , it was a lucrative job. People would call upon him to deliver letters and packages from one place to another as quick as can be within the cities borders. And as a dedicated man to his trade, Waheed excelled at it thanks to his knowledge of the City's layout, knowing quite a number of shortcuts to shorten the durations of his deliveries and earning quite a pretty Miza as a bonus at times. His running speed made it better as well if he had to deliver something to a distant part of the city.

This particular package was from one member to the Steele family to another, saddening really, because the family weren't tightly knit and had some odd civil war going on. He knew it because he was friends with , or at least thought he was, the Steele's families youngest child. For some reason she had the habit of getting angry with him which left Waheed in quite a daze, he had no idea what the package he held tight beneath his left arm was however, but it was from the son of the family, who had bitter relations with his father.

Waheed sighed as he thought of their situation, although quite rich they had troubles that money could not fix. Another thing he sighed about was that he disliked the home, because whenever he made deliveries and they ask he wait inside he feared breaking something.... and the father of the house always suspected he was going to steal something just because he looked around a lot 'its just a habit' he would always explained to the man. He hoped to deal with at least the mother since she was the nicest out of the bunch..... for some reason they seemed to be one of his best customers.

He knocked on the door loudly and waited, looking at the expensive house with a look of dread but was soon replaced with a friendly smile and hoped he didn't interrupt anything at this hour, which served to remind him he needed to fetch some grub soon lest hunger gets the best of him....unless the cold does so first.
Waheed
Syliras Courier

Words: 28427
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2012, 6:37 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Syrah Steele on May 13th, 2012, 6:52 pm

Syrah opened the doors wide with her fake smile plastered on her face ready to greet the wealthy, but not more wealthy than her, into the home. Her mother was still in the dinning room trying to calm the angry red off her face and smooth her hair. Father was upstairs getting his suit tailored and perfected by the personal tailor Dean had hired. The rest of the servants were hidden out of site in the servant quarters or in the kitchen preparing the meal.

After her eyes adjusted to the bright white light outside her face relaxed and a natural grin replaced the fake one. It was no guest outside the door only her friend Waheed, the messenger. He delivered all of the imported wine to the shop or just wine from the winery. Syrah knew him well not just because of his often occurrence in her life, but because they went to school together as well.

"Hey Waheed! Come on in," Syrah stepped back to Waheed could step past the threshold. "What have you got for us today?"

At this point her mother came to the door. You could hear her relived sigh and she quickly hustled back into the dinning room to finish setting the table. Then loud footsteps were heard coming down the stairs. Syrah turned and saw Dean descending the steps.

"I thought I heard a knock. Have one of our friends arrived already?" He boomed.

"No Daddy, its just Waheed, he has a package for us." She said eyeing the brown parcel in the mans hands. Looking back at her father she saw him beckon to her, she quickly ran over.

"You keep an eye on that boy, I don't want him taking nothing when we aren't looking. His eyes are suspicious, always darting around like someone is followin' him."

"He's not going to take anything Daddy, hes good guy. Saved me from that spider when we were younger he did." She chuckled, remembering. "You just go back upstairs now, they aren't coming for an hour yet." Smiling she went back over to Waheed, curious to what the package held.
"I would like to most graciously thank Ms. Steele for providing me with much needed deep and intellectual RP that goes beyond, 'Hey I don't like you let's fight.' So if you do read this Syrah thank you very much!'" - Desmus Marrudius
Syrah Steele

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Waheed on May 13th, 2012, 7:34 pm

"Hello Syrah, I'm not here for long, business as usual after all" He said Smiling as he stepped in from the cold, the Parcel in hand " I don't rightly know what it is, it’s from your brother " He said the last part quietly enough so as the old codger didn't hear " He said it was a gift to you and your mother though, so share nicely with her, won't you?" He said giving a sad smile, feeling a little jealous of her while also fearing Syrah's reaction. His eyes darted around the house 'again, terribly expensive' He thought as his eyes picked up every decoration there was, been here so many times he practically memorized the hallway 'more so than before' He heard the old codgers voice when he, as expected, told Syrah to keep an eye on him ' I swear Syrah and her mother are the only people nice to me in this house, excluding Gris since he doesn't live here'

"With how dressed up you look and the decorations seems a bit more tacky than usual should I assume you're expecting guests Syrah?" He said with a small grin "your father isn't going to show off again, is he? Didn’t he have a party just two weeks ago?" He asked, remembering one of the parties he unintentionally crashed when he was delivering a package ' I swear that man needs to be less of a show off and spend his wealth on things more useful ' He thought privately and basked in the warmth of the Steele's expensive home.

"Oh by the way, how was the bloke I told you about? The one I suggested to help with manning the shop?" He asked with a hopeful smile, the man in question was a kind soul who lived in Waheed's area, not far from his own apartment “I told you he was good with keeping things tidy, didn't I?" Perhaps he was a little too hopeful.
Waheed
Syliras Courier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Syrah Steele on May 14th, 2012, 12:27 pm

Syrah waited until she heard her fathers footsteps lumber back up the stairs. "Gris? Why is Gris sending us a package?" She carefully took the package from Waheeds hands and called her mother.

"Yes, we are having a dinner party in about a bell or so. We were afraid you were a guest come early, we are not ready yet. Put us in bit of a fright you did." Syrah smiled. "I don't think showing off is that bad and mother loves having guests and helping the cook with the food." She lowered her voice so her approaching mother wouldn't hear, "She not that good at cooking an the chef always tries to get her out of the way. When she leaves he has to fix it and mother still takes credit at dinner."

At this point Sadie came into the room wiping her hands on a stained apron. "I was helping with dinner, what do you need?"

Sadie it about as tall as Syrah and has a light brown hair that has seemed to dull over time. Her eyes are a blue that always seem vibrant and her skin a pale since she never really goes outside much.

"I told you," Syrah whispered to Waheed. "Its a package, from Gris. I thought you would want to see when I opened it." Syrah was a little curious about the contents but Syrah knew it was more for her mother than her. Her brother and her don't get along well. Syrah is a bit jealous of his freedom and doesn't like to see him much so he stays away.

"Oh! Adam is good, nice enough. Had him for almost a season now, father must like him. You know he didn't have any knowledge in anything wine so I had to convince daddy to let him in. But yes he is very neat, sometimes I wonder about his health."

While she said this Syrah was ripping apart the brown packaging. Beyond the wrapping was a box, the same color as the wrapping. She opened it and inside lay a card, a beautifully decorated card, and a white box. The card was milk white with lace and pictures of doves and things. Taking out the box, in delicate script, was painted the name Sadie.

"I think this is for you mother." She said handing the box to her mother then she opened the card and began to read. "Dear mother and sister:" It began, "I cordiality invite you to Gris and Trina's wedding." Gasps were heard coming from Syrah and her mother, she continued reading. "I invite all of my family, including my father if he wishes to come. I would appreciate it much if all of you attended, Trina wishes to meet Syrah and father. Also, if I may ask a favor, if you do attend, do you think you could bring some of fathers wine along? Maybe some Bluevein Steele to celebrate a new Steele member? Thank you and I hope to see you in Spring. The date of the wedding is Spring 1, 511. Also, mother, the dress inside the box was made from very fine silk and crafted by Trina herself."

Syrah put down the letter and looked back up to Waheed, speechless.
Syrah Steele

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Waheed on May 14th, 2012, 5:49 pm

“I don’t know why is it odd you get a package from family?” He asked, it wasn’t an odd thing after all, Gris was close with his mother and did have a soft spot for his sister, so why should it be surprising? When Syrah went on talking about how her mother loved hosting people in her house and how she also enjoys cooking despite being dreadful at and the chef having to rectify her mistakes, he couldn’t help but give a light chuckle before Sadie, Syrah’s mother, entered the room and Waheed gave her a simple smile as way of saying hello.

“It’s good to know he’s doing well, he’s been lonely since his wife died. Thought the job would help ease his heart a bit by interacting with customers rather than moping about in an empty apartment “It’s how my father died, in no way Adam should go through such a thing by himself” Then he listened intently when Syrah read the letter that was with the package, the gift itself being a beautiful dress

‘Wow, Gris getting married? That’s quite the good news’ He thought to himself as he smiled, but the smile quickly faded as he looked at Syrah’s speechless face. The obvious reason for that was because neither her nor her parent’s knew that Gris was getting married, and while Gris and Waheed were on a friendly basis it was more like they were associates rather than friends so they didn’t pry into each other’s lives, didn’t even know the chap had a girl till he heard Syrah read the letter even though he was used to delivering reports or other such documents from or to his colleagues ‘Well, that removes a certain question from my mind before it even popped up’ The question being why Gris hadn’t told them himself? Short answer was to avoid the ensuing drama, and now Waheed was stuck here to watch unfold “ Er…Are you two alright?” He asked, trying to break the silence ‘Oh Yahal, I’m going to regret this night, aren’t I?”
Waheed
Syliras Courier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Syrah Steele on May 15th, 2012, 12:14 pm

Syrah's mother instantly went into a surge of pure joy. She actually started to jump up and down while clapping. Syrah just looked at her mother in shock, since when did Gris have a girl?

"Oh this is so great! Trina is such a nice girl! I can wait to go!" said her mother gleefully.

"How do you know this girl?" Syrah interrogated.

"Oh I met her last season when I visited him, she so cute, a little schoolteacher." she was oblivious to Syrah's rage.

"And you didn't think to tell me mother?!" she yelled.

Here Sadie calmed herself and put her hands on her hips to glare at Syrah, "I didn't think you would want to know, you never ask of him. I didn't think you cared."

Syrah stuttered a bit at her mothers words, she was right. Syrah never asked of Gris and she tried not to care, tried to bury herself in books and wine and grapes. She didn't want to think of her brother, the one who got everything and now he even had a wife, when she couldn't even get a man. Gris was a happy, kind man and she was cold and heartless. They were opposites and he was better. Syrah didn't want to be reminded. But when it was forced upon her like this she wanted to know, wanted to go to the wedding, wanted to see Gris, while her inner self was saying no.

"I... I still want to know..." she whispered.

"Humph," Sadie grunted and picked up her package and turned around going back into the kitchen.

Syrah turned back to Waheed. "Thanks for the package Waheed." She tried to smile, "Would like some dinner? We always have too much food and its still a while until the guests come." She offered, hopeing he would stay, she didn't quite want his to leave yet, she would be alone with her mother, they would fight again. "I insist." she added.
Syrah Steele

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Waheed on May 15th, 2012, 11:22 pm

Keeping a blank face, Waheed inwardly frowned as his friend and her mother briefly fought 'This is not what family is supposed to be like' He thought 'So Mrs. Steele knew of the young woman to be Gris' future wife, eh? No surprise I suppose' Gris was the favored child of his mother, while it seemed she scorned her own daughter. Waheed knew Mr. Steele was the same opposite in the fact he favored his daughter while he hated his son.

He could easily tell that Syrah was distraught, even if she tried to hide it with a smile. He smiled softly at his friend and nodded "I'd be glad to help, just hope your father doesn't mind my staying here for dinner' He told her as placed a hand on her shoulder, inwardly he prayed to Yahal, hoping that one day the family's rift was to be mended 'Please keep them safe, Father'

But Waheed did not know what to do at the moment, was there anything left needed to be done? There was still quite a bit of time before Bell's end, what could he possibly do?
Waheed
Syliras Courier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Syrah Steele on May 16th, 2012, 1:19 pm

She was glad when Waheed accepted dinner. She liked his company, he was a good friend, when they were not fighting. Syrah seemed to fight with everyone. She set the package on a small table near the door and grabbed Waheed's arm and lead him into the dinning room. She sat him down at one of the chairs on the long dinning table.

"I'm just going to give you a bit of everything, then you can eat whatever." She smiled at him and whisked his plate to the kitchen. the kitchen was not a mess, Chef was good at keeping it clean. her mother was in there as well and she saw Chef roll his eyes at Syrah, indicating her mother. Syrah returned teh gesture with a small arcastic, what are you going to do, smile and saw her mother looking questioningly at her.

"I am giving Waheed some dinner before he goes back to work." Syrah informed.

Her mother sighed, "Syrah, do you really think thats the best idea? We have guests coming soon."

"Well we have more dishes ready and I thought it would be good to reward him for bringing such good news to our house mother."

That shut her mother up pretty quickly and she turned back to the vegetables she was slicing. Syrah handed the plate to Chef and smiled triumphantly to herself. "Just fill it up my good man." she said to Chef.

She watched as he put piles of everything on the plate and handed it back to her. On her way out of the kitchen she grabbed a bottle of greenish wine and went into the dinning room.

"Here ya go, one of everything, and I brought some of my family's wine, Bluevien Steele, invented and manufactured in Riverfall, originally made by my father." She poured herself a glass of it and took a sip raising her eyebrows questionably at Waheed.
Syrah Steele

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Waheed on May 16th, 2012, 4:29 pm

He had to admit, it made his heart feel good to see her smiling. As he sat on on the dining chair he could not help but feel discomforted if slightly, again he did not like the expensive items or furniture the Steele's owned, what money he earned went to getting what he needed, nothing more and nothing less. But it was the Steele's choice to spend on frivalous things if that's what makes them happy. Examining the table he could see the expensive silverware laying out on the table, each utensil served a different purpose, even if some looked identical to others with only slight differences in size 'The Rich.... can never get their mentality' He chuckled and shook his head.

He couldn't complain too much about the Steeles, Mr. Steele albeit a big show off does tend to have his moments , Mrs. Steele was usually nice to him and Gris was very much like his mother. Syrah....she was different despite being very much like her father, Waheed knew that as he waited for the free meal to be served. She was smart and hardworking, and always set to prove someone wrong, even if half the time they were right about somethings. Waheed remember the time she had punched his nose, that was a painful ordeal 'Couldn't breath through my nouse without sounding like a mouse' And all he did was tell her she was being a tad bit mean to a schoolmate of theirs.

When she brought over the plate of food he couldn't help but drool like some pup, some of these foods were quite expensive in the ingredients used and their aroma was enough to make a god hungry. The Wine was something Waheed was unused too, he rarely drank alcohol so he didn't actually care much for it, but it was for his friend so he would drink in her honor "Careful not to get drunk on it Syrah, you aren't quite as er.....Disciplined" He chose carefully "....when under the influence of the wine" Oh he could still remember that day, they were invited to the party of a friend of theirs, a coming of age party as it were.... Guess who was the life of it?
Waheed
Syliras Courier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next