What you'd expect and not expect (Aveira)

The local courier

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Waheed on May 13th, 2012, 8:11 pm

512 A.V. 23rd of Spring, 17th Bell 7th Chime

It was getting dark, the sun was setting to signify days end and many people had retreated to their homes after a day of rebuilding, the storm had done quite a bit of damage since the day it suddenly arrived three weeks ago ' Wonder how the other towns are doing?' Other cities had suffered as much, perhaps more so, as Syliras. Many were quite busy thanks to it, moving back and forth, giving out what they could of food and clothing for those who had lost everything and requisitioning material to fix what was broken. Waheed was going back to his own home after done with today's deliveries, delivering messages and forms back and forth between various foremand and knights, it was quite a tiring thing for his legs. Despite this he chose the long, deciding a casual stroll would be best for him as he pondered on things.

First pondering on his people, the Bennishira, the people he knew nothing about other than that they lived in the desert and that he shared their faith in Yahal, the god of purity, and the physical feutures that defined them from regular humans. He had wondered if the storm affected them? Were they safe? and many more questions. Then he pondered of Syliras, should he leave his home? The city were he grew up and knew every inch of it? 'Many a question but no answers' He sighed

He enjoyed the spring air as it hit him, refreshing his senses somewhat as his eyes looked around. Seeing things once there no longer at their proper place 'Yahal, Father, give me strength' He prayed silently, as he looked upon the destruction and the building materials that lay next to them, used be the builders to try and fix the damage like a healer trying to heal a patient of a grievous injury 'Glad mother and father aren't alive to see this' He shook his head as he hid his hands in his pockets and then gave a brief smile to a passing knight 'Better head to the tavern and fetch myself a meal, don't want to sleep on an empty belly'
Waheed
Syliras Courier

Words: 28427
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2012, 6:37 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aveira on May 13th, 2012, 8:26 pm

Aveira was standing outside of a tavern, shifting nervously from one foot to the other. Dare she go in? On the one hand, she was very hungry and the promise of a warm meal was tempting. On the other hand, she'd have to endure the stares of the humans that loathed her. Would they even serve her? Perhaps they'd just refuse her service and force her to leave. She definitely didn't want to go through that humiliation.

She turned around and started to walk away, but stopped when her stomach growled. Groaning, she turned back around and continued her nervous little dance. She'd never been in a tavern before, and had come all the way here for the experience. It would be disappointing if she left now. She needed to make a choice soon. She looked stupid just standing in front of the building.

"Why is this so hard?" she whispered to herself. All she had to do was march right in there and order her food. Yeah. She could do it. She could definitely...definitely not do it. She turned around and immediately bumped into a Bennshiran man on his way in. Looking up in fear, she tried to apologize, but could only manage a choked squeak.
Aveira
Player

Words: 10988
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2012, 11:33 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet

Postby Waheed on May 15th, 2012, 6:30 pm

As he walked down the street on his way to the closest tavern, Waheed’s train of thought was suddenly broken as bumped into someone. As he was walking absentmindedly he took it as his own fault , after all, no man should be busy thinking while walking. Looking at the person he bumped into ‘Yahal, dear father, is that what I think it is?” Indeed, although Waheed never seen one himself, there has been plenty of talks ‘She’s a Zith!!’ From the rumours he had heard they were winged creatures in the shape of man, but with the nature of an animal. They weren’t like the Kelvics who took the shape of man whenever they transformed from their animal shapes, while they too had the instincts of animals since they are ones, The zith were a more violent mix of that. Kelvics followed the instincts of whatever animal they are while also showing an interest in humans, like a dog seeking approval from a master ‘But Zith are different I heard’ indeed, The Zith were born as these winged creatures, their dark predatory nature was inherent as was their intelligence.

When The Zith looked like she was trying to squeak an apology for bumping into him Waheed shook his head, slightly to say as if it were not her fault, but it was mostly in surprise ‘S-sorry, it was my fault’ He sincerely said, while caution showed in his eyes as he looked at here. From what he heard Zith had attractive faces, apparently that was true, as was the rumor they had claws as sharp as knives as Waheed examined her closely ‘She…looks more afraid than I am’ He noted ‘and…hungry’ He added further.

Looking at the tavern, and thinking of the Zith’s ill reputation as more beasts than man, he could easily imagine that this frightened woman, who looked close to his age, was either frightened away by the inhabitants ‘Or perhaps she feared going in….’ He looked at the sky then to the ground and shook his head ‘Father, this would be a time for me to show kindness, would it not?’ He thought as he then showed the girl a smile ‘ You look hungry miss, if you want, I can fetch you some food from within’ He offered, hoping she would accept his offer.
Waheed
Syliras Courier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aveira on May 15th, 2012, 11:19 pm

Aveira relaxed cautiously. She wasn't used to people being nice to her. True, it had happened once or twice throughout her lifetime, but it was usually because they were scared she'd try to eat them or something. She smiled shyly up at him, trying her best to look innocent. Of course, she knew there was no way a demonic creature like herself could appear gentle, but it was always important to try.

"Thank you," she said to him. Her voice was as deep and beautiful as any zith's, though she had no accent. Common was her first language, and the one she was fluent in. "If you would do that for me, I'd be very grateful." She quickly dug into her coin purse. When she pulled her wings away from her body, the clothes she wore beneath were exposed. Unlike most zith, she was fully dressed. Her parents had always told her that only uncivilized cultures like her people went without anything to cover their modesty.

Pulling out a gold miza, she held it out to him, palm open wide so her claws were well out of the way. Though she tried to keep them as short as possible, they were still very sharp and she had to be careful not to accidentally scratch anyone. "This should be enough for a chunk of meat and some ale, right?" She hadn't been outside of her house in three years, so the prices could have changed for all she knew. A gold miza should have been more than enough to couple such a simple meal. The man would probably take the rest of the change for himself. That was okay. If he went in there for her, it was worth a few silver mizas.
Aveira
Player

Character sheet

Postby Waheed on May 16th, 2012, 6:10 pm

"Yes Ma'am, that is just about right" He said to her with a smile, taking the single gold Miza gently from her hand "Please be patient as I fetch your meal " He said to her before heading inside. It didn't take him too long thankfully as he bought a couple of chunked meats wrapped in cloth and a petcher of ale for the miss. He returned the remainder of the Mizas to her as he took the chunk he bought with his own money and handed her meal.

"If you don't mind me asking miss, and not to sound offensive, but why's a zith like you doing in Syliras? I've never seen on you till now" He said to her in full honesty, indeed, why would a girl like her be in this town? While Syliras was the safest place to be and the knights were the most chivalrous army he knew of, Syliras was not lacking who fear other races simply for being different, a Zith only added to that wonder, why would she be here if her peope had such a bad reputation of being maneaters and slave drivers?
Waheed
Syliras Courier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aveira on May 18th, 2012, 1:48 am

"I was born here," she said as she pocketed her change. She was pleasantly surprised that he hadn't tricked her out of any money. "Or rather, I've lived here since I was a baby," she corrected herself. She actually had no idea where she was born. She took a delicate bite of the meat, suppressing the urge to rip into it. It tasted bland to her, like all civilized food did. Though she knew it was barbaric, she craved meat fresh from a hunt. When she was younger and didn't understand what it meant to be civilized, she'd hunt down small animals. They'd always tasted so much better than the cooked food they served in town.

She took another bite of the meat, forcing herself to swallow it. The ale was much better. It had a slightly nutty taste that she decided she loved. Perhaps she'd have to come here more often...

Walking beside her new friend, she felt herself relax. He seemed nice enough, and she enjoyed the company after being alone for so long. Not wanting the conversation to end, she searched for another topic to talk about. "Do you live in this city, too?" she asked.
Aveira
Player

Character sheet

Postby Waheed on June 2nd, 2012, 10:58 pm

'Raised here? I knew Syliras was a large city but I'd imagine hearing of a zith at somepoint' He thought as he ate his meal "Yes, like you I was raised here. My adoptive parents gave me the name Waheed, apparently a knight who visited the Ekytol Desert learned of the name during his journey and advised it as a name" He said fondly as he ate the meat, other than that he would say no more of his upbringing, if she was truly raised here it must have been difficult, to speak of his childhood would be disrespectful.

"I work as a courier, delivering letters and goods from one place to another within the city, brings a tidy sum and I enjoy it. Sometimes, and I mean no disrespect to the people who made use of my services, I end up interacting with such odd people" He sighed as he looked up the sky "Only thing I can complain about truly, by now I know much of the city's streets so my job is much easier"
Waheed
Syliras Courier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets