Morwen's Lights Jewelry - Window Shopping ( Hadrian )

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Talhar on April 20th, 2010, 8:20 pm

" That's great that you liked it, I'd give anything to watch Morwen's Lights again. Luckily I have my Morwen's Lights Cloak. Which has the same radiant colors albeit somewhat darker. "

Talhar was suddenly reminded that this man was a customer and that they were in his shop, he felt rude for talking so long about small talk so he stopped asking him personal questions.

" I'm sorry for blabbering so much, is there anything I can help you with, with the items you have seen I mean? Or perhaps you would want something crafted for you ? "
Talhar
Player

Words: 50746
Joined roleplay: April 11th, 2010, 1:29 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Hadrian on April 21st, 2010, 9:15 pm

"Oh, don't worry about it. I've been meaning to check out your shop for a while so I thought I would check it out. I'm a magecrafting student at the University. So far my studies have focused heavily on the magical aspects, and less on the crafting with my hands. I'll have to remedy that sooner or later, but for now I'm just trying to find the best suppliers of the things I might be needing. I'll be graduating at the end of the season so I don't know how long I can depend on the College of Magic's largesse."

He smiled hopefully.

"Would you give me a tour?"
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Talhar on April 23rd, 2010, 8:40 am

" Aah I see, sure I'd be happy to give you a tour. "

Talhar first showed him the contents of the glass counter that served as both a stallroom and a place where transactions happend.

The glass counter was filled with bone and wooden earrings, rings, necklaces and bracelets.

Some of its content:

" The black snake ring is made out of bone, so are those earrings for a matter of fact. The bones carvings are more fragile than the wooden ones but they are more wanted and perhaps, although this is just a wild unbased guess, more suited for magical appliances. "

" These wooden bracelets come in different sizes and are easy to put on and take off. As you can see they are also quite delicately painted. Which I haven't done myself but have made done by a profesionnal painter. "

After showing Hadrian some more trinkets he went over to the staves.

" As you can see the curved tip of this staff is made out of carved bone, whale bone I might add, and decorated with an anchor and spiralled base. The rest of the staff is made out of oak, painted in black. To highlight the contrast between the two pieces. "

Talhar shamelessly promoted and showed his merchandise to Hadrian and after finishing the tour he offered him some tea.

" Sorry it took so long, I get passionate when the subject at hand is my work. Which is only normal I assume but still, it must've been boring for you. Would you care for a cup of tea... or something stronger? "
Talhar
Player

Character sheet

Postby Hadrian on April 23rd, 2010, 5:25 pm

"You shouldn't apologize for your passions," Hadrian said quietly, his hand brushing over an ornately carved staff. In another compartment of his mind, he was weighing options for a staff best suited to combat, that he could use to make up for his lack of skills where battle magic was concerned. Luckily, he wasn't planning to leave Zeltiva until at least the end of the season, so he had time.

Another compartment of his mind went through the more delicate bone carvings from his recent memory, deciding which ones would make more expensive amulets due to the necessity of increasing durability so his efforts weren't wasted when someone accidentally dropped or sat on his work.

"Tea would be fine, though if you want something stronger, I can surely match you drink for drink." He smiled at that, too. Life in Syliras had been ever so proper as his parents attempted to portray the lifestyle of nobility even though they were only the nouveau riche. In Zeltiva, he had been able to enjoy the seedier side of life: dive bars, women with whom marriage wouldn't be advantageous to his father's merchant empire, et cetera.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Talhar on April 23rd, 2010, 7:35 pm

" Oh really now? "

Talhar went to the back and brought back a bottle with a liquid of strange origin.

" It's a mix I made, it has 1/2 imported Whiskey from Morwen-knows-where and 1/2 Kahlúa, a coffeeliquor. It tasted quite decent and is served in these shotglasses. "

He says as he takes out a pair of shotglasses and fills them up to the brim.

" May Lady Fortuna smile upon us. "
He said as he lifted his shotglass and swallowed the mix wholely.

" Aaaahhh, has a nice lill' sting to it, gotta love it. "
Talhar
Player

Character sheet

Postby Hadrian on April 24th, 2010, 7:02 am

Hadrian considered the dark concoction in his shot glass, but gamely threw it back. If he could get used to kelp beer in a few weeks, he could get used to anything. And while there was, perhaps, an element of danger -- perhaps this was really some obscure Vantha poison -- but he didn't see how it would serve a merchant to kill off possible clients.

"To Ovek, Xyna, and Laat," he agreed, honoring the god of luck, the goddess of money, and the god of trade with the raised glass and the taking of libation.

The mixture was bitter and...

"Well, that was interesting," he said, smiling as he set down his empty glass. "Thank you."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Talhar on April 24th, 2010, 8:04 am

" You're welcome mate. "

Talhar looked at the sky as the orange and darkyellow clouds indicated that the sun was steadily drowning in the sea of the horizon.

" Well it's getting quite late and I still have some work to do, so I'll have to bid you farewell. But feel free to come by another time. "

" Oh, one last thing if you don't mind me asking. What do you know about Familiary? I read and heard some things about that magic branch and it really fascinates me, to the point of wanting to learn it myself. "
Talhar
Player

Character sheet

Postby Hadrian on April 24th, 2010, 8:39 am

"Familiary?" he asked, surprised by the question, though perhaps he should not have been when introducing himself as a student of magic in Zeltiva.

"Well, in essence it is the practice of forming an intense magical bond with an otherworldly or otherplanar creature, but in practice it encompasses all the disciplines that go into acquiring said creature in order to form the bond.

"Generally, one speaks to a wizard who already has a familiar. Through that familiar, communication with the low world, Fyrden, begins along with the search for a suitable familiar. This is difficult because they are sentient and desperate to escape their nightmarish world, and not all of them will have the wizard's best interests at heart even though they will form an irreversible bond if they come through.

"A portal is opened through a Summoning, bringing the chosen familiar through, and a ritual of Binding follows that. It requires blood. And then the wizard and the familiar are in many ways spiritually conjoined. It's dangerous, though, because an injury to one pains the other. And death, well, death is shared."

His answer was fairly textbook. Most of what he knew with regard to Familiary was based on readings in his textbooks, so that was to be expected. He could see definite uses to Summoning, but he wasn't sure it was worth it to have a familiar.

"Does that answer your question?" he asked, still in teacher mode.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Talhar on April 24th, 2010, 10:33 am

Talhar listened intently to the explanation and description given by Hadrian, he became more and more intrigued by the creatures of Fyrden but he bit his lip to hold back from asking more questions. He had already received much information and nearly all was new knowledge for Talhar.

" Thanks alot for the intel, I owe ya one. Those creatures for Fyrden seem quite dangerous to have around but I'm sure there are benefits too... I wonder which kind of creature I would choose if I ever found a mage with a familiar who are willing to teach me the basics of Familiary. "

He said, to noone in particular.

" Well thanks for your time, and come again e mate. "
Talhar
Player

Character sheet

Postby Hadrian on April 24th, 2010, 7:35 pm

Cutting through the pleasantries, Hadrian spoke in deadly earnest: "Be quite sure that you know what you want before you begin brokering deals with foreign creatures. The costs, as I understand it, are rarely cheap, and I'm not speaking of gold."

Then he grinned out of nowhere, laughing at himself for sounding like one of his old professors warning about the dangers of reimancy or the like. Of course there was danger where power was involved.

"You should come by the College of Magic sometime. I'll show you some texts in the library that will give you more details on the various species of familiars and such.

"Well, thank you for your time and for the drink. You will see more of me soon, I imagine."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

PreviousNext