A Stitch in time (An elegant weave)[Flashback: Syrah]

A meet and greet thread between Syrah and T'sasi

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby T'sasi on May 17th, 2012, 6:46 pm

32nd Day of Fall, 511 A.V.

"ARH! Why every time you little annoying piece of.." T'sasi spat in her natve tounge, cutting her self short with an annoyed sigh. Stepping back from the table, she glared at the hem of the pants she was working on. A simple hem, thats what the madam said, just a simple hem for her bow legged son of a Husband. 

Frustration poured from her, as she moved strays of hair from her face. She closed her eyes and counted to five in her head, calming herself down. A normal hem would of been done by now, but the measurements on this man was an odd one. His inseam needed to be longer then the outer legs, the problem was that a normal measurement would just be his inseam length, making a straight hem. His needed to be slanted to fit his extream bow leggedness. And each leg was a diffrent measurement in its self. 

Opening her eyes she walked back to the table, taking out the pins and placing them back in the pincushion. Each pin being pushed with more force into the cushion as the last. "Please for the love of Avalis, give me the mind not to throw this garment in the trash." With the last pin placed back she folded the pant leg to the angle needed. With swift hands, she gently pinned it to where the hem needed to sit. Turning her attention to her sewing kit, she took out her heming needle, and grabbed the the correct color thread. Her webbed hands, held the needle out infront of her face and she poked at the eye. The thread went through with out any trouble.  Leaning back over the table. she made the first stitch, she would have to double back as she worked, knowing that if the hem was to stay, she had to do it right the frst time. The stitch she was using was the typical stitch used to hem, one that all novice seamstresses learned. She knew that it would not be perfect, but it will stand the test of time. After double stitching she made a seam knot, a zigzag pattern that would hold the thread in place. Finishing the left leg she reached for her scissors, cutting the extra thread lose.

T'sasi's blue eyes looked at her work. It looked decient, for a slanted hem. For any other man they would be unsuitable, but the madams husband, it will have to work. Just as she picked up the needle to finish the right leg, she heard the bell of the stores door. Placing the needle in the pincushion, she turned her back on the work table, fixing her hair and yelling to the front of the store, "Madam the pants are not ready yet, I'm sorry for the delay." Her common thick in an accent. And no OIm not going to give you a refund for this impossible hem! she added in her head, as she started towards the front.
T'sasi
Player

Words: 5158
Joined roleplay: May 4th, 2012, 6:53 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Syrah Steele on May 18th, 2012, 1:31 am

Syrah's mother decided that it was time Syrah got a new dress. Her mother got into parties now-a-days and always wanted Syrah to come with, trying to strengthen their tightly wound relationship. They were these extravagant parties always hosted by some man or another, so many in fact Syrah was a bit concerned that her mother was cheating on her father. She always shook that thought off. The thing about her mother was that she was very proud. She had a rich husband, a large mansion and everything she could ever want. And no matter what Syrah thought, Sadie still loved her husband even if her husband may not love her. Syrah doubted that fact as well. They just weren't as close as they were when they got married.

Anyway her mother dragged her out shopping. Syrah didn't mind the shopping, it was the time with her mother that she minded. She would rather go with a friend, not that she had many, or alone perhaps. Her father had insisted though, so she allowed herself to be forced along. Her father said he had some important business at the house and it would be better if no interruptions arose.

Sadie mentioned the Elegant Weave clothing shop, it's said to be a great place to pick out clothing of any kind, and they will tailor on the spot as well. Syrah sighed and complained to her mother about how much it would cost and how she didn't have that kind of money. Of course that was a ploy to get her mother to pay instead of her. Her mother rolled her eyes at her only daughter and stated that she already said she would pay and Syrah didn't have to rub it in. She just chuckled at her mothers response, loving to toy with her.

They entered the shop and Syrah gazed in awe at all the colors and fabrics that were lined on the walls and stacked on the shelves. Yes, she could defiantly find something to wear here. She was so in awe that she barley heard the bell on the door, and had to think for a few seconds about the voice she heard, wondering what it had just called.

When it had finally dawned on her she stood confused. She saw her mother looking questionably at her, as if her mother thought she was the madame the girl was speaking of. Of course she wasn't she was only 20. Madame was used for older women of much wealth. Like Sadie.

"Did you come here earlier and drop off some pants?" she asked Sadie.

"I certainly did not, I don't know what the girl is speaking of." Her mother replied as if coming here before was a bad thing.

"I was just asking..." She paused wondering how to reply... "Uhm, we are just here to buy a dress?" she called, hoping the girl could hear her.
"I would like to most graciously thank Ms. Steele for providing me with much needed deep and intellectual RP that goes beyond, 'Hey I don't like you let's fight.' So if you do read this Syrah thank you very much!'" - Desmus Marrudius
Syrah Steele
My heart is cold but, so is the wine.

Words: 105282
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2012, 2:09 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes