Looking for Assistance 27th Spring, 510 AV (Talhar, PM join)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Gabriel Thule on April 20th, 2010, 3:34 am

Gabriel let out one of his sighs as he sat there at his lonely table, an open seat across from him. Just a Bell ago, he had received a job. He was happy indeed, although frightened as well.

The specifics had been vague: Eliminate a group of raiders near Sylira that had been harassing the pompous merchant's caravan. It seemed simple enough, but Gabriel knew from experience they often sold missions like this one short. He had a hunch it wouldn't be a simple three bandits, and as such, had come to the inn to search for assistance.

Who knows, maybe he could find someone, and he was sure the merchant had plenty of gold to spare for the two of them. He sipped idly at his ale, courtesy of the aforementioned merchant. The problem, of course, was finding someone who didn't look like a giant, blind brute. Gabriel sighed deeply, pinching the bridge of his nose before looking up around the tavern again.

There, someone had just walked in. Gabriel liked the way he looked, the way he walked. It commanded a sort of authority. He raised his right hand, waving the newcomer over to his table, putting on his best smile for the occasion.
Gabriel Thule
Player

Words: 4764
Joined roleplay: April 11th, 2010, 1:17 am
Race: Human

Postby Talhar on April 20th, 2010, 10:57 pm

Talhar was bored, excruciatingly bored, with it all. He was bored of the everyday life in Syliras, bored with the shop, bored with the smell of the city, bored with it all. He was in desperate need of some travel or action, he turned over the sign that said "Open" and "Closed" on two different sides with more force than was necessary and slammed the door behind him.

His Morwen's Lights Cloak wavered gently in the breeze, the neverending breeze that flowed through the paved streets, the boring gray streets separating endless rows of wooden housings, shops, taverns, ... they all started to look the same.

When Talhar had left Avanthal it was to travel the world, not travel part of the world to stay put in a standstill in a dead-end city. He was ticked off, and not a little.

He entered a tavern for a drink eventhough it was still relatively early, he was welcomed with the same grim and solemn people, he was about to howl out in agony when he saw a curious man waving him over to his table. Talhar wondered what the reason could be and before he even realized it himself he was already moving towards the seated man.

" Hi, I'm Talhar, were you waving me over or am I mistaken? "
Talhar
Player

Words: 50746
Joined roleplay: April 11th, 2010, 1:29 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Gabriel Thule on April 24th, 2010, 3:39 pm

Gabriel watched every step as the man approached. When the very forward question left his lips, Gabriel nodded. "Aye, that was my intention. Please, take a seat. I have a bit of a... proposition for one such as you," with that said, Gabriel pushed the opposite seat out from under the table. He motioned for him to take a seat, and in the same motion, pushed himself up from his slouched position.

"Gabriel Thule, son of Davian Thule, is my name," he then said, introducing himself. He reached his hand out across the table, and then got straight down to business.

"Not a Bell ago I received a job from one of the many merchants in Syliras. His caravans have been hit by raiders multiple times this season, and in winter, and he requested for me to go to the location of the last caravan- a man survived with the location- and eliminate said raiders. I have a feeling he was underselling the job, so I decided to look for help. You, sir Talhar, look like a competent enough fighter, and so I asked for you help. Legitimate enough, no sir?" Gabriel then explained, remaining in his official looking sitting position.
Gabriel Thule
Player

Postby Talhar on April 24th, 2010, 3:50 pm

"Talhar, pleased to meet you Gabriel Thule. "

Talhar's eyes widened with the sudden, out of the blue, invitation to hunt down raiders.

He pondered for a moment and then slowly spoke.

" Hmmm, I'm willing to join you on your mission. But I will only wound the raiders and protect you from harm. I will not deliver any killing blows. I'm not a murderer, not for any cause. "

" Is this an acceptable offer for you, Gabriel?
Talhar
Player

Character sheet

Postby Gabriel Thule on April 25th, 2010, 12:44 am

Ugh, a man with too much self-serving honor for his own good. Gabriel hid his disgust. He did, however, feel that he might be able to convince the man otherwise before combat met them, and so he decided to take the man with him, lest he regret it in his near future.

"If you hesitate because of your aversion to killing, it's your own fault and choice," Gabriel explained slowly, watching the man's eyes carefully. "In the heat of the moment, though, I do not doubt you will kill a man, at least. It is hard to spare lives when your main concern is putting them down, and they are fairly likely to succumb to their wounds. More humane to put them out of their misery," Gabriel rose to his feet, extending his hand once again.

"Welcome to the club, Talhar. I am set to depart now, if you so wish."
Gabriel Thule
Player

Postby Talhar on April 25th, 2010, 11:33 am

Talhar frowned at the man's fortune telling of Talhar's actions but he let it go since this would surely be a very interesting way to pass the day. He shook the man's hand as a sign of commitment.

" Ok, where to now ? "

Talhar felt a weird, uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach. He had accepted this invitation to a brawl with raiders. But he hadn't given thought to the odds of him losing his life in the battle. They were professional bandits after-all. He decided to shrug it off and see where it goes, running away from situations wasn't his way of life.
Talhar
Player

Character sheet

Postby Gabriel Thule on April 28th, 2010, 1:00 am

"We are to follow the path that the caravans take, I know the way," Gabriel said, walking to the gate with a quick, brisk walk. "Tell me, do you have a horse or other form of transportation in your possession? If not, I could let you double up on mine, I would much prefer riding to walking, it is not only faster but much more beneficial in such a situation," Gabriel added simply.

It wasn't soon before they were lost in the crowds of the roads, but Gabriel navigated them with an odd grace, as if he had been born in them even though he had only come here on sparse occasions. Soon enough indeed, they were outside the gates, and at the Stables, where Gabriel retrieved his horse.
Gabriel Thule
Player