A bunch of questions.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

A bunch of questions.

Postby Henry Dead on May 29th, 2012, 8:07 am

So, I'm in the process of making a character right now and I have A LOT of questions. The first being do I NEED a picture of my character for the character sheet? (Maybe I overlooked it in the FAQs) Another being that my character is going to have an odd ability that isn't quite a skill because its more hazardous to his health than beneficial and its very strange. His mind is sort of like a dimensional rift that contains his thoughts and fears and creatures that are absolutely horrible emerge at moments of intense stress or danger and wreak havoc for everyone around him. I have more questions, but I figured I'd get these main 2 out of the way first.
Henry Dead
Player

Words: 468
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 7:40 am
Race: Human

A bunch of questions.

Postby Chevalier on May 29th, 2012, 8:16 am

I'll take a stab at these.

First, you don't need a picture in your character sheet. It's good to have one just because some people prefer a visual accompaniment to your description, but it's not required.

Second, you can't make up abilities. Mizahar has set magic, gnosis, and skills. Unless are you talking about him having hallucinations that these things happen? I mean I guess you could have hallucinations, just be wary that people with certain disabilities don't typically make it very far in Mizahar, because it's a harsh, deadly, unforgiving world.

Now if you literally want to open rifts and potentially have creatures come out, you should check out Voiding. Other than that, it's been said before and it's an important way to look at character creation, if you had a per-generated idea for a character in your head before ever coming to Mizahar, don't try to bend Mizahar's lore to fit your character, always bend your character to fit Mizahar's lore.

Other than that good luck and have fun.
Chevalier
Knighted by Dusk

Words: 117750
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2011, 6:50 am
Race: Staff account
Office

A bunch of questions.

Postby Henry Dead on May 29th, 2012, 8:39 am

Voiding seems to almost fit the bill, but he doesn't actively try to create these creatures. They just come out and stay until he escapes them essentially. I do think voiding is the right way to go though, thank you.
Henry Dead
Player

A bunch of questions.

Postby Henry Dead on May 29th, 2012, 8:57 am

Maybe something having to do with the Gnosis mark of Rhysol...
Henry Dead
Player

A bunch of questions.

Postby Nai'shee on May 29th, 2012, 12:08 pm

I guess your character could be cursed by Rhystol and he might become a little mentally ill from initiation, with hallucinations or fear of himself. He might think that some creatures hurt his loved ones instead of him alone or he can be afraid of power Rhystol cursed him by.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A bunch of questions.

Postby Henry Dead on May 29th, 2012, 3:39 pm

He could be naturally gifted at voiding (unbeknownst to him), but the curse mark causes his voiding to work in this way?
Henry Dead
Player

A bunch of questions.

Postby Nai'shee on June 2nd, 2012, 9:31 am

No, Gnosis marks have nothing to do with magic, you can perfectly use your Gnosis without any skill, but you could combine it with some forms of magic for greater power.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes