Dancing for a Deacon (Ana, Leon, Ximal)

Hunting Thread!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Zandelia on June 1st, 2012, 10:19 pm

Summer 1st, 512 AV - The Edge of the Mists

It was early morning, the pale light the sun only barely seeming to warm the cold air as it whipped across Zandelia’s face to ripple her hair in various directions – mainly across her eye, an annoyance in and of itself. It was the first day of Summer now, the days the Crimson Edge having spent in the Spires growing to a good score now. In that time there had been a small measure of scouting into the depths of the curling mists, but for the most part their research had been through their getting to know the denizens and the terrain. It was a slow pace of intelligence gathering, hampered by their isolationist ways and the fact that any real sojourns into the hunting grounds were cumbersome and slow to success. Still, she had called a few to meet her on the verge of danger this morning, their task to g hunting for their quarries.

I just bloody well hope that we are ready for it. It is a lucrative business but a hard one. I doubt we will catch more than a few if we are lucky, and if we are unlucky… she thought to herself, letting it trail off into nothingness without bothering to tell herself the inevitable ending.

“Where are they?” she muttered to herself, stamping her feet upon the solid ground t keep the blood flowing through them as she pulled her cloak tighter about her torso with numbing fingers.

Her gaze swept towards that which created the wall between a meager civilization and utter chaos, the mist. It was difficult to penetrate and conjured up darker parts of her memory of time spent within a similar mist. It was a strange creature she thought, almost alive in the way it moved and kept its shape despite the winds moving through it. She could not bring herself to believe that it was a natural occurrence, her instincts telling her that it held its own organic mysteries. It was to be respected, even feared, lest it swallowed you whole. No, it was no mere fog to her. It set her teeth on edge to look at, her sight seeming to convey to her two sides of its nature that were contradictory – as if it tried to fool her in its state.

Bloody thing! she cursed as she spat upon the ground, an omen for good luck to her family – now long gone admittedly.

The sun was climbing higher as she waited, wondering if her requests, nay her orders, had merely been countermanded or ignored. She hoped not for she sorely wished to bind herself to many of those she had chosen for three separate journeys into the mists. Her future, in some respects, depended upon their arrival this day. She was in danger of letting go of Sunberth completely, perhaps travelling back to Lhavit or Ravok in her search for influential powers. Her attempts to shift the balanced scales of power in her home city had proven foolishly easy to undo. It was that which sought her to take upon herself the role of amiable patron – a gatherer of the flotsam of life that sought to turn it into the steel of deadly artifice. Still, they had not yet arrived.

I sincerely hope they do, otherwise I am alone and keeping all the bloody money I get. If I survive she thought to herself with growing terseness.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ximal on June 1st, 2012, 11:34 pm

Petch Xi thought to himself. His clothes had been thoroughly ruined and he was more than likely going to have to head to Centroc likely as not. Though what was the point of going for new clothes before a venture out into the mists? Xi didn't see the sense so he arrived in his sl;it shirt and the new found scars behind showing along with the burns. Xi sighed as he pulled himself, stretching he could feel the stitches tugging at each other. Pain...All he ever seemed to attract was pain. Snapping his neck lightly as he wandered over. A summons on the first day of summer? What kind of blatant lunacy? Still it was a order and whilst he was here he'd have to follow them or deal with the consequences. Right now though that didn't bear thinking about. He'd all but pushed that curse from his mind at this point. Still something didn't sit well. He could feel his will to hold off liro shaking. The closer he drew to the fog the more that will faltered. Still he reminded liro of the deal they made. That was more important than either of their individual quarries. Biting, chilling winds snapped at him but Xi's mind was else where. He was too focused on the events that had occurred, he could feel his fist tense and harden with a will all it's own. So character of his trusting personality had snapped completely over that event. and the more he let it fester the more his willingness to let people in had crumpled. Broken and withered. His black blue eyes now cold, but burning with a fire. Something about his very essence was off. Pushing it from his mind his façade of carefree normality those around him were used too.

He strode up behind zand moving surprisingly quietly for a man of his size and stature. Announcing himself when only in side the arc of her tonfa should she draw them at being startled. His huge frame looming over her from behind. "I got your message. So were the group that heading into the mist today right ?" Xi briefly flicked his eyes across the way straight into the blotted curtain of pale horror. Something about that mist didn't bode well with him. Hisw eyues then flashed back down at her. A request was a request. Still the events in the past still left their emossed scar on his psyche. "I don't mind about going. Just don't get us all killed, I don't know who else you called, besides my brother." Something about him as off, even with his "cheery" masquerade up. Hit tattered and shredded clothing billowed in the wind. But with what was going to happen, it was pointless to buy new gear just yet. Sitting down on a nearby box he knelt over leaning his weight onto his elbows and knees. He still had traces of weariness about him. And his chest and shoulder still throbbed. This want going to be an easy day but hell. Nothing was ever easy...He'd learnt that the hard way.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ana Sol Starris on June 4th, 2012, 4:03 am

Stumbling about, Ana had quickly begun hurrying away from the newcomer she had just moments before helped out with sorting out where important buildings were situated. Hopefully Zandelia wouldn't be too irked with the small thief if Zand knew she was aquiring more information for the intelligencer? Haha! It was perfect excuse besides almost sleeping in once again, she really needed to get her insomnia problem sorted out. Ana brought a hand up and waved to the group before freezing, Ximal was right there, she halted, what was he doing here? Helping? What?! NO! Ana's mind shouted at her. This wasn't going to go well, she began to edge her way quietly to the two, curious what had posessed Zandelia to invite this big oath to the group. Should she tell Zand that he had threatened to kill her more than once?

Ana shook her head as she got close enough, she sighed, cocked a hip and crossed her arms "whats he doing here," Ana inquired venomously towards Ximal, feeling once again, rage build up and under her skin.

The small thief disliked this idiot out for Wrenmaes blood, she sent a sharp glare at him, somehow, different than what Motif would have done. There was a certain quality to Ana that made her actions seem childish, whilst Motifs seemed to be more calculative, thought out. Sighing, she seemed to sigh more these days, but.. Whatever Zand went with, Ana would follow without much more questioning. Even though it was to her distaste to the man, who else was coming? Or was this just it, Ana wondered as she began to examine the mist they were suppose to enter soon "whatever, as long as he doesn't petch us up, I couldn't care less if he joins or not.."

This mist.. It.. It was unnatural, just a big wall of it that stopped suddenly? What a preposterous break on the laws of nature, honestly though Ana was glad it had stopped here though instead of going into the base camp. What havoc could it have caused if it hadn't? Shaking her head of such thoughts, she tilted her head and regarded the white with suspicion "what are we planning to nab, Zandelia?" Ana asked another question, conversationally until the next team mate would arrive.
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Words: 706912
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 3:27 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Leon Von Strova on June 24th, 2012, 12:56 am

The Thief moved through the night as if he belonged there, quiet, his head bowed as he headed towards the meeting place. Black hair dropped before his face, shadowing his eyes, and allowing him the appearance of blindness. His black cloak was loose on his shoulders, parted in the front to reveal the black shirt and pants, tucked into his boots. His leather gauntlets were strapped on, ready to be put to use. He stepped out into the light fully, revealing himself to those gathered, "Were you waiting for me?" Leon gave a crooked grin, watching his companions for this hunt. Ximal and Zand he knew, the other female, not so much. He hoped she could hold her own. He stepped closer to Zandelia, speaking softly, "Am I the last one to be accounted for?"

NoteSorry I'm Late!
Leon Von Strova
The Silent Death

Words: 15951
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2012, 2:00 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets