Night Rider (Ana Sol Starris/Closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Creeper on June 2nd, 2012, 1:21 am

Timestamp: Summer 52, 512 AV
Time: Late Night
Who: Ana Sol Starris

Ana normally wouldn't have been in the yard this late, but Jakobi had asked her to witness an amazing event. There had been a pregnant mare, several chimes ago that gave birth to a beautiful young foal. The mother hadn't needed any help, but Jakobi was there just in case something went wrong. It was a beautiful moment in Ana's life, a rarity for sure, and was tugging at her heartstrings. There were things more special your next meal or a shiny coin. Jabobi appeared behind Ana, who was at a comfortable distance from the mother and her child, and whispered in her ear, "Would you like to name him?"

Regardless of her answer, he would take her gently by the hand, much against his usual mannerisms, and pulled her away from the birthing area. "Anasol, will you ride with me? The night is clear, the stars are bright, and a foal has survived to run. It is cause for celebration. I have many things I wish to show you Anasol. Please join me."

This was not the usual gruff and bitter Jakobi, this was a side she'd never seen before. He was... nice. Very out of character. Jakobi loosed two shrill whistles, and the ebony horse Ana was so familiar with appeared between them. The horse scoffed at Ana, but received a stern look from Jakobi. "She's okay love, I know she looks like the one that abandoned you, but she's much better." The horse snorted, and began to sniff at Ana's hair and face. "Anasol, let's see if you've learned how to get on the horse properly."

Creeper
My Bark is Worse Than My Bite

Words: 261058
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2012, 5:27 pm
Location: DS of The Spires, Northern Wastes, and Overseeing Avanthal
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes

Postby Ana Sol Starris on June 2nd, 2012, 4:19 am

Curiousity was what had brought her there, any sane thought said to stay in the longhouse where it was typically safe from the outside dangers. But Jakobi had insisted, a suprise he said, an event, what could this event possibly be that required her to be out in the dark of night? Ana pulled her cloak around herself tightly and shivered, it was Summer, and it was still quite cold. Even in Sunberth, it had warmed up considerably, a difference between spring and summer but here.. It seemed to be the same temperature as Spring, confunding Ana's inner seasonal clock, summers should be a bit warmer at night, not the other way around. Yet despite this, she was drawn to what Jakobi had in suprise for her, not often did he invite her to be alone, no, actually this was possibly the first time ever, quite a strange occurrence but an intriguing one none the less. Quietly, she would walk, one, two, a foot in front of the other slowly, taking into account the grass, possible twigs, it wasn't so hard to tell when she was about to step on something that could snap, her boots were thinning at the soles by now from constant, battered use.

Inhaling lightly, a wistful sigh escaped her lips as thoughts of sleep that could have been had tonight but were being missed out upon. No matter, not like it did any ways, she'd end up having those night terrors again, and this time- they seemed to be coming back full force. Constant reminders of what she had to do, what she was to be, her possible fate, no, no, she shook her head as she came up to the paddock, it took her a few moments with her poor night vision but she finally managed to find where Jakobi was, where he had led her, she followed tentively with a curious eye. Halting, they were a bit away from a mare, looking labored, possibly just far enough to keep her complacent to have human eyes watching. Glancing at Jakobi, then back to the mare, wondering what was suppose to happen, it seemed to be forever till finally something emerged from the mare, causing Ana's eyes to widen in suprise, and certainly glee, the mare had been pregnant! New life! Amazing! A small smile crossed her lips, eyes softening from her usual attentiveness, her paranoia, into a warm and joyful glow. Ana wasn't one to frown upon new life, but nor did she expect to bring said life into the world, it would never cross her mind without the right help to make her aware of the idea.

Jakobis voice startled her, slightly, the question had been so random, so sudden, she honestly didn't know what to say. Could she name him, her? He had said him, so she assumed the foal was a male, Jakobi was after all the horse whisperer of the Spires in Ana's opinion.

"Taven?" She said, quite unsuredly, inquired actually- the name was random, spur of the moment picked but seemed to fit right on her tounge for the newborn foal.

The lightly browned hand taking her own milky white hand brought a deepening blush across her cheeks, furrowing her eyes as she looked down to his own against hers. The apendage twitched, ever so slightly in protest of being touched, wished to pull away but she couldn't bring herself to do so. The touch wasn't harmful, and she had known the man for a good while now, he had been annoyed with her, always bossing her around, but thats what bosses did. They bossed their employees around! Simple as that, but he had never acted like this before.. It was, strange. His actions put her on gaurd again, wary of him, did he want something? If so, what? Upon the whistles, the hoofbeats, she grinned at a familliar black beauty; Sharena.

"Sure, I don't see why not.." Ana's voice was calm when she agreed to ride with him, with a tinge of complacency as she glanced over to mother and child, the foal was getting use to his legs.

They learn so quickly.. Ana thought to herself, amazed at such fast learners, why couldn't she be like that? The question layed thick on her mind as Jakobis voice seemed to ring through her thoughts, shaking her of them, Sharena had been abandoned? The small thief looked up to Sharenas face, a large smile cracking through her disheartened features as the mares nose tickled her skin lightly, bringing a hand up slowly to pet her nose softly, lightly with a chuckle "heyo," she greeted the black beauty with some humor before smiling and nodding to Jakobi. Ana wasn't one for much talk, not unless it involved information, and lots of it to be had through such givings.

Walking, she took her place at Sharenas side and lifted her arms, this time she'd do it the right away, but why the petch did she have to be so short? Bringing her hands on the back of Sharena, Ana pushed, well, pulled herself up and began swinging a foot around with difficulty, bareback was getting to be such a pain. Ana wanted at least some sort of saddle that allowed her to get on the horse with ease, but that didn't seem to be a custom here in the Spires, so she played along with it. Once she was on the horse, hugging the mares backside with her legs, and hands stroking Sharenas neck and mane lightly,she resituated her cloak, shivering still, it was still pretty cold.. Only curiousity kept her here. The small thief was slightly hunched, she had little experience with riding and feared falling off more than once, albeit at the beginning of her arrival in the Spires, Ana was content to say that she had more experience than she did beforehand. More than she ever would have aquired in Sunberth, and especially in Zeltiva "so where are we going?" She asked, excitement slowly pooling up in her demeanor, adventure, mysterys, how she loved it.
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Words: 706912
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 3:27 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Creeper on July 4th, 2012, 10:12 pm

Jakobi leapt upon the back of the Sharena, landing so gently, Ana at first thought he had simply jumped over. He pressed his well muscled, warm chest against her back, and leaned her forward, whispering in her ear, "Sharena knows where to go. Just let her have control, but make sure she knows your comforting hand is there, just as mine is here for you. And Taven is a strong name, it will suit him well." As Sharena rode, Jakobi was totally silent, as Leth smiled down upon him. Ana would be able to feel Jakobi's powerful heart against her back, his hands on her hips, keeping her safe, in control. She could feel the powerful muscles of the horse trotting beneath her, and for a moment, the three of them were one seamless being.

The horse led them away from the yard, down a winding path to the south, crossing a stream several times then taking a hard eastern route, heading higher in elevation. The terrain was growing a bit rockier, the trip taking about two bells, as they broke through the coniferous treeline, and appeared at a cliff's edge, a large basket waiting there for them. Sharena came to a stop, and Jakobi slid from her backside. He moved around to her right side, and held his arms out to help Ana down. He then led her over to the basket, the view from the cliff going on for countless miles, showing all the trees of Southern Taldera. Jakobi reached into the Jamoura sized basket and pulled out a blanket, and spread it out on the ground and indicated for Ana to sit.

"Anasol, I had food brought for us. I want to speak to you, now that you finally smell of horse. You aren't the most skilled assistant, but you have the truest heart." He began pulling a few rations out of the basket, a clay bowl of dried fruits and nuts, a loaf of seedy bread, a salad of greens and bits of chicken with a strange, tangy sauce, and waterskin of a chocolate spiced wine. "Eat up Anasol, and listen, a trait of yours that is quite strong. I know you are from a city much different from this here. I can see it in the way your eyes trust nothing, the way your gait is careful, the slow, patient use of your fingers. You were a thief in that city, correct? We aren't so different. I stole once, which is why I am here, which is why I lost Silvahay, why I lost Jikarha, why I lost Treyborn. You've seen that there is life beyond thieving, so do you still wish to return to that life? It is okay if you do, it is your life after all, and I cannot question what one must do to survive. I would just like to offer you a couple of other choices. The first, stay here in The Spires, with me. Your heart is too kind for a city without beauty, and this city has it in abundance."

Creeper
My Bark is Worse Than My Bite

Words: 261058
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2012, 5:27 pm
Location: DS of The Spires, Northern Wastes, and Overseeing Avanthal
Office
Plotnotes

Postby Ana Sol Starris on August 10th, 2012, 5:39 pm

The tenseness of her body came first, then the blush which followed after a sharpened and rather paranoid glare up to the horse-whisperer. Far, far, far too close; too pressed to her body, too near, it put her on edge. Yet.. His words were comforting, the grip firm, Ana felt as if she didn't need to worry about falling off Sharena by accident. Jakobis approval of the name brought a warm flow to her blood, indeed it was a nice name.. Taven, upon further thought, it was an apropriate name for the fowl. With every movement the horse made, she couldn't help but feel continuously embarressed, truth be told she had thought he would ride another horse and lead her off. But something felt.. Different; off, as if the night had come alive in a magical way.

At first she was aprehensive of the close proximity of the man sitting behind her, still in her mind that he was too close for true comfort.

Perhaps for hours, they had stayed like that, Ana being silent as she was afraid she would say something completely stupid as was of her nature to do so. The stubborn, head-strong thief was for once submitting to what was happening, for the amount of time, and the length of travel she said nothing and was greeted by nothing besides the clip-clop of the horses hoofs and the sounds of nature. The scenes of the jungle forest would soon clear way for the trio, the cliff side was simply breath taking, Ana only stared to the sky, Jakobis hands suprised her, causing her to look at him while narrowing her eyebrows out of suspicion before relaxing and allowing him to help her down, only just hurting her pride a tad.

Slowly she followed after him, the basket in his hand filled with good things to eat, a blanket, she blinked and looked up at him. Midnight snacks?

Ana listened to what he had to say, the first part making that warmer feeling an even warmer spark into not suprise but excitement, for once he wasn't insulting her! Instead he was in a round about way complimenting her! Soon the food was distracting her, all Spires food was amazing and even seemingly plentiful to Ana, but the choices Jakobi had picked out looked even better and added to the mood. With each dish, the thiefs face seemed to shine brighter than a star, she needed no more encouragement to begin eating from him, though it did seemed to be too good to be true. Slowly she savored the food, enjoyed the different flavors of the food, it was definitely a helluva lot better than any of Sunberths meals- then again when she wasn't living off of Kreig, she was stealing what she could and it wasn't always too good.

At first...

She did not process what he was saying afterwards the okay to eat, half way through his apparent speech, it took her a few moments to realize before she started to listen carefully. The word thief mentioned, stealing, city, she stared at him, a nice glare forming on her face; ready to deny any such accusations- she had been doing so good at not letting her sticky fingers get the better of her! Was it really that easy to tell she had, was still, in practicality a thief? Slowly.. Ever so.. Greatly did her features soften as he continued on, Anas eyes glanced away and stayed away from him, her hands putting the food down and then swallowing the food in her mouth. A look of perhaps understanding, or perhaps sorrow crossed her eyes. If anything, it made her look rather.. Sad, yes, sad at his words.

When he was done.. She stayed quiet, her mind reeling at the newly given information- the new proposal. Stay with Jakobi in the Spires?

Forget Wrenmae? The man she would supposedly give her life for?

Break a promise to proove Wrens innocence to Ximal? That Shroud was the problem, was the reason he was in bad with the brutish thug of a man?

The grudge still had, the revenge that must be had.... To become abandoned? Her father... Still possibly alive and well....?

Shutting her eyes tightly, in truth she could not stand the thought of living the life of Sunberth again, she had never enjoyed it and there were too many close calls for the small thief. Far too many. Shuddering, her shoulders shook ever so lightly, her face contorting with indesicion at the choices before her. The Spires was amazing, it held an awe of wonder, so many things had happened it was unimaginable to think she was still the same person as before....But...To stay...With Jakobi?

With...

Jakobi...?

What of Wrenmae..? Flashes of his face passed her eyes, then Shrouds cold black eyes, Anas own eyes began to water uncontrollably. The thiefs chin turning inwards to her chest as she tried to keep her emotion under somewhat control "I..I don't know..I..I..I have things I have to do.." she started off, a tremble to her voice "if... If I don't proove it..If.. If I don't.."

All the built up pressure from the last year or so began to rush at her, such a hard choice, usually she wasn't given such a broad choice of what to do. What was she to do?! "I made promises.. I have.. I'm with the Crimson Edge of Sunberth.. Y-you can't just sherk that title off so easily! Even if I'm not one of the most important members..They..We..We're all falling apart.. We're.. I can't..They've been the first real family I've had in a long time.. I.." Clearly in her mannerisms she was breaking down, for what had seemed like a wonderful night was turning into a disaster it seemed. What would her choice be?
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Cinna on September 11th, 2012, 3:39 pm

At her hesitation, Jakobi scooted forward so that he was kneeling in front of the little thief, placing a gentle hand on her chin and lifting her face so that he could look into her eyes. So much pain and weariness stared back at him through those eyes, along with a flicker of unspoken fear, an emotion that he was intimate with. His thumb brushed across her bottom lip slowly, his other hand grasping hers and brushed his other thumb across her knuckles in a soothing gesture. It pained him to see such emotions crossing her face, her mannerisms clearly saying just how much distress she was in. 

"Ana,"he whispered softly, slowly pulling her towards him, giving her enough time to pull away before he gathered her in his lap. One hand rested comfortably on her waist while the other reached up and loosened the hair tie, letting her blonde hair fall down her back. He then began to run his fingers gently through it, her head resting against his shoulder. "Relax and let it all go. Do not be afraid anymore, least of all around me." He did not like to see his little thief in such distress, even though he knew his offer was an unexpected one. But it was genuine, born out of his need to make her happy and carefree, to show her the joys that life can bring......and perhaps find solace together. 

"I want to see you happy Ana, to experience joy and love if you will let me give it to you,"he said softly into her hair, nuzzling it gently as he held her. He could feel the tension radiating from her body, but he continued on, unable to stop the words that flowed from his lips. "I am a poor man, stubborn, irritable, overprotective, and struggle with my own sticky fingers......but my offer to you is genuine. I want to see you happy, to bring you joy, to ease your pain, to be the family that you want. All I have to offer is my heart and my horses,"he said, pausing for a moment to press his lips to her hair, his hand tightening on her hip. 

"Stay with me Ana, let me make you happy, let me keep you safe,"he said softly, breathing in her scent.
All thread tickets are sold out until most of the current modded threads are completed. I apologize for the trouble.

The Spires I Jamoura I Player Guide I Housing
Cinna
The Residing Wood Nymph

Words: 52321
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2012, 3:55 pm
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Ana Sol Starris on October 23rd, 2012, 2:54 am

The salty rivers flowed from her eyes as she looked back into his own brown ones, her eyes shutting tightly as she attempted to take hold of her emotions. Great, she was crying in front of him, her- of all people to cry in front of him and at this time right now. Ana let in a shuddery breath, looking away from him as she was pulled into a comforting embrace. There was so much to do, so little time; what could she do for Wrenmae anyways? He had caused her much pain via his other sides, but at the same time had given so much to her that it was hardly believable. Most of her body was convulsing in shivers, the stray hiccup, and sobbish breath escaping her lips, what was she going to do? This wasn't what she should be doing, she knew that much.

Yet as she stayed within his hold, the better everything seemed- even her shoulders began to slump in defeat and one of her arms returning his affection by wrapping awkwardly around him. Slowly she blinked, but could still feel the tears slide down even though she had regained semi control over the emotional breakdown she had exherted just then. For most of her life she had kept a firm control over not breaking down, not being that weak person she had been deemed and now she had broken for him, for Jakobi. Please forgive me Wrenmae.. Shroud.. Weaver.. Ana thought regretfully as she was about to make her decision, she would have to forget about that deal Ximal had made with her to proove Wrenmaes innocence to him.. She would have to. For now.

It felt selfish to have decided just like that, but she would be petched if she didn't think for herself. Wren was a big boy, right? He can handle himself, right? Ana had her doubts, Shroud, and feared for his sanity, she would have to keep contact somehow. Even if it was just a small way.

"Okay" Ana stuttered out, clearing her throat and then trying to rub the salty water from her eyes with a sleeve, sniffing "..I...I will.. I want to stay and be with y-you..But please, please" she began to plead pathetically, fears of another childhood incident happening over again where her parents had kept her from seeing the outside due to her frailty and illness's "d-don't keep me locked up.."
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Capricious on February 14th, 2013, 10:18 pm

Ana Sol Starris

Award
Skill XP Earned Lore Earned
Animal Husbandry 1 • Observing a Foal Being Birthed
Socialization 1 • Foal: Taven
Skill Name XP • Jakobi's Past
Skill Name XP • Jakobi's Invitation to Stay
Skill Name XP • I Will Stay in The Spires. With Jakobi

I know I already told, you, but I wish this thread had been continued. It was sweet and cheerful and showed a side to both Ana and Jakobi that had yet to be seen. I enjoyed Ana's reaction to Jakobi and am interested in seeing her deal with him.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)

Capricious
Assistant Storyteller of The Spires

Words: 171332
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 11:14 am
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)