She Knows Him By Name (Xalet/Closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Creeper on June 2nd, 2012, 4:07 am

Timestamp: Spring 1, 512 AV
Time: Evening
Who: Xalet

Syo'Nea was sitting on the edge of the lake that fed the stream near the Base Camp. She was wearing a thin, white chemise flush against her skin, despite the biting chill of the Fog and the night. The moonlight shone off her garb and her silvery hair, making her look ethereal, spirit like. But her beauty paled in comparison to the single glistening tear that had just begun its descent down her cheek. Leth's smile was visible in that droplet, flowing down her flawless skin, following the soft curve of her jaw, and dropping down, blemishing her only piece of clothing. She pulled her knees up to her chest as she sat there, the tears finally beginning to flow.

After several quiet cries, she stood up, her figure not obscured in the least beneath her cover. She knelt down delicately and picked up a smooth stone with her left hand. She flicked it out at the lake, it skipping a few times before sinking into the murky depths.

"You can come out now Xalet, I know your name is there."

Syo'Nea turned and delicately began walking toward him, each bare foot carefully selecting its step, as she neared him. Leth was at his back, and illuminated her every stunning feature. "It appears that I'm not the only one who cannot find rest tonight. What brings you here, son of Xalphiru?"

She took one of his massive hands with her small fragile one, and began leading him over to the edge of the lake where she'd sat. There, she sat down tugging him downward, "I apologize, I forget myself, hello Xuphim as well." She looked out over the lake, silent for a bit, once more the tears beginning to flow. Xuphim had traveled with her for many days from Syliras to The Spires, and had never once seen a sign of weakness in the woman. She led them all, kept their spirits high, and had accepted him on this quest. So why was she now breaking down?

Creeper
My Bark is Worse Than My Bite

Words: 261058
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2012, 5:27 pm
Location: DS of The Spires, Northern Wastes, and Overseeing Avanthal
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes

Postby Xalet on June 3rd, 2012, 2:06 am

What a strange predicament Xalet had found himself in. Without the proper tools to keep his strength up he had to resort to all sorts of unnatural positions in order to allow his strength to grow. Typical push-ups weren't creating muscular failure anymore, they simply increased his muscular endurance. In order for him to allow his muscles to gain the appropriate stress they needed to grow he actually had to kick his feet up against a tree trunk and push his hefty inverted body up from the ground, his tussled locks touching the dirt each time he lowered his weight downward before pushing back up. Much better he thought to himself, this was creating the resistance he needed in order to see an improvement in his overall applied strength.

The entire routine came about due to him so recently retaking control of the body he and Xuphim shared. It had felt like he had been lazy for an entire season, even if the dark half was well within his means to push their body on a daily basis, and push he did. The lacerations and bruises had mostly faded now, slowly but surely they were reclaiming the Spires so that it could be restored to it's former rustic glory. It didn't help Xalet from being overwhelmingly restless. To think that Xuphim had just given the primary control over to Xalet so easily, perhaps they were beginning to understand each other's importance more than ever. Just maybe that meant they were one step closer to this elusive state of Akalak existence that he had only heard about from his mother titled 'Perfection' in the Akalak tongue of Tukant. It had been said that the most 'dangerous' of Akalak were the Cerulean, but the most 'powerful' were those that had reached Perfection. Total symbiosis between the two halves, allowing both to manifest simultaneously. Such a thing sounded more like a fairy tale than any reality Xalet could comprehend.

After his upper body sets Xalet pushed his feet off from the tree and rolled down onto his back, taking a moment to slow his breath and feel the acids moving into his muscles. Lifting up from the ground he brushed the bits of dust, dirt, and debris from his back and shoulders and moved toward the lake he knew was nearby. It was an excellent opportunity to get a good wash in, and remove the specks of grass and foliage that did their best to annoyingly cling to the sweat that had built up across his broad torso.

He wore the draw-string trousers of his uniform, though his shirt was absent so as not to taint it to horribly with the sweat and musk of his work-out. Upon his approach he heard the sounds of another, and despite the darkness across the sky her radiance had shown quite clearly to his Akalak eyes. Xalet simply stood silent, contemplating leaving the woman be for the moment, that was until she called out to him, and suddenly he recognized her as the original Konti that had met Xuphim when all this began back in Syliras. "I did not mean to linger." he spoke shortly, as he often did compared to Xuphim's verbal clutter.

Xalphiru, the name of the man that had been absent nearly his entire life. His mother did well to build him up though, often taking the opportunity to inform her son of just how amazing an Akalak Xalphiru was. Beyond his own mother however, he couldn't remember the last time he had heard the name spoken by anyone, until today. "You know the name of my father." he commented, moreso making an observation than questioning how or why. "Retaking primary control after so many days is...difficult. I can now properly envy Xuphim's patience."

There was no way to deny Syo'Nea was magnificently gorgeous. Most Konti had an ethereal beauty to them, but Syo'Nea had the internal brilliance that Xalet favored as well. Those sorts of things were most important to him, but Xuphim could have done well enough with her simply losing the one piece of clothing she kept in the meantime. He did not flinch or withdraw as she grasped his hand, thought it was possible she might feel how warm it was from his recent workout, the blood still moving swiftly to gather oxygen. His massive stride was so much slower than her gait, perhaps one step for every two of hers. Once they found a place and sat he found himself looking at her from the corner of his eyes, trying to take care not to stare. Watching her turn toward the lake, Xalet's neck spun slowly, his vision switching to a more typical method of sight so he could see the bouncing flickers of light against the water. "Why is it you cry? If it is for the state of the Spires, please do not cry. Just as Xuphim did I will continue to work in the reclamation." he finally broke the silence, his soft voice was at the same time so deep in its tone. He wished to reassure the woman, though he knew not against what, he could only assume.
Xalet
The answer is more Body Building.

Words: 539431
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Cinna on September 11th, 2012, 11:41 pm

The Konti sat in silence next to the Akalak beside her, hesitating over her answer to his question.  His loyalty was unwavering, she knew it the moment that she met him, as it rolled off of him in waves. She had never met anyone more dedicated to his cause, who knew his purpose in life, and that was one of the reasons she had chosen him for this mission. She had been strong for everyone, encouraging them all along the way.....but she could not block out the intense emotions that she was feeling all around her. The pain, the sadness, the anger, it was all threatening to overwhelm her, and so her night was a restless one again. 

She shifted her body as she sat, leaning on her hip and tucking her legs underneath her, the shift clinging to her frame as she did so. She looked upwards from the lake to the sky above them, the starry sky marred by the perpetual fog. "I can not help but cry for them, son of Xalphiru. Their pain is my pain,"she said softly, another tear sliding down her cheek as she turned her head to look at him. "I can feel it wherever I go, and at times I fear it may consume me.....but do not let me burden you with my troubles." 

She folded her hands in her lap and tilted her head slightly to the side as she studied him, wondering what had brought him out here. She scooted closer to him and placed a palm on his brow, assessing his current mood. "I know your Father's name.....you seem tense when I mentioned him. Does this bother you?" She took her hand away from him and placed it back in her lap, honest curiosity in her voice.
All thread tickets are sold out until most of the current modded threads are completed. I apologize for the trouble.

The Spires I Jamoura I Player Guide I Housing
Cinna
The Residing Wood Nymph

Words: 52321
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2012, 3:55 pm
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Xalet on September 26th, 2012, 6:45 pm

Everything Xalet knew of the Konti people he had learned from his Patron, whom was a Konti herself. He understood they had peculiar gifts that made them extremely valuable as advisers and seers within Syliras, although they were as rare as any other non-Human race within the stone walls. From his mother, he had also been told stories of their place within Akalak culture back in Syliras, and how his mother being a Human was somewhat unusual and dangerous when birthing an Akalak. "You struggle with the emotions of others all the time. I struggle to understand the emotions of others at all. I can see how your burden is much more significant." he replied. Xalet didn't necessarily have a difficult time talking to women, he just wasn't very good at it. There was an ease that Xuphim had when speaking to anyone, however, that made Xalet wonder just why he was so hesitant to be social himself.

"My father...I know little of him besides his name, but I feel like I should try to learn more. My mother told me stories of him, but I cannot remember his face at all." he admitted, slowly lowering his heavy body down into his typical resting position. His calves folded beneath him, leaving him down upon his knees, his backside resting against the heels of his feet. It was the meditation position of the martial arts he had learned during his training, and something about it made him feel particularly at ease. "Many years ago my mother came to Syliras with me, leaving Riverfall before I could remember it."

Of course there was more to it then that. During their time together, Xuphim had hinted at possessing several bits of knowledge about their father, but often seemed to keep them to himself. The residual emotion from Xuphim seemed to have some effect on Xalet, and left him feeling uneasy when talking about Xalphiru. "But I do feel strange when I hear the name. One day I plan to go to Riverfall and learn more about him, as well as my culture. I have lived among Sylirans, and have lived as a Syliran for decades, and a part of me remains curious what my people are like. The ones that have stayed with Riverfall and grew up participating in the trials I have heard of."
Xalet
The answer is more Body Building.

Words: 539431
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Logos on March 3rd, 2013, 8:30 pm

Skill and Lore Rewards

Xalet

Skills Lores
Body Building - 1xp Syo/Nea: A Sympathetic Ear
Observation - 1xp 'Completion' Is The Goal
Rhetoric - 1xp A Desire for Akalak Culture
N/a Father: A Lack Of Memories

Additional Notes :
I would really have loved to see this thread continue so that you could explore Xalet more in regards to his father, other Akalak and what it might mean for him. What was there, though, was great and I really hope he finds out what he wishes :)

Any questions or queries, please PM me.
Logos
Player

Words: 30622
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2013, 4:35 pm
Office