And Soon The Darkness (Marcus)

Night time settles on the still recovering city of Zeltiva, and finds an ancient traveler lost in her thoughts.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Lilium on June 12th, 2012, 10:33 am

Chuckling to herself, the ethaefal nodded her head in a slight bow, pleased at the reaction her slight touch elicited from the man. Even a fallen godling could have a vain streak. As he sank down on the grass to look at the night sky, so to did Lilium allow herself to gracefully slip to the soft green carpet and lay back, luminous blond hair spread out like some silvery halo around her head. Pale blue eyes became lost in the vast glittering scene above them as they lay together in silent aftermath.

Peace came at moments like these, quiet under the starry sky and mind free of ghosts from the past that threatened to spill into reality. The celestial being could spend the whole of eternity laying here, feeling content in Marcus' company. Chimes passed, and finally Lilium spoke.

"And then one day
A magic day he passed my way
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings...."
Her voice trailed off and the blonde smiled.

"I don't believe that Zulrav's followers will much appreciate a couple sleeping on their grassy surrounds, and its starting to get late. If I don't find somewhere to sell my songs I'm going to find myself camping on the beach." Not that it bothered the scaled woman, finding herself at ease in the open. It was the occasional rain that spoilt her fun most times. Tilting her head to the side, Lilium looked at the emerald eyed man with a small smile.

"I would like to get to know more about you, Marcus the Scholar. What exactly you scholar yourself in, and what curiosities you hide behind those intriguing green eyes."

Lilium
Slightly Insane

Words: 57553
Joined roleplay: May 13th, 2012, 1:38 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Marcus Dymez on June 12th, 2012, 4:23 pm

Gazing up at the celestial sky through closed eyes, Marcus was truly at peace. He enjoyed these moments of serenity, and received them with welcome arms whenever he found himself in their midst. However, Marcus did agree with Lilium on the fact that the Shrine's keepers would not be so happy to find a couple loitering around. Truly, it's their fault for building their shrine on such a prime vista, but they were here first. Glancing over to his companion, he flashed his playful smirk as he jested, "Perhaps if we stay here long enough, Zulrav will come and blow us off this hill. At least we'll be saved the walk down." It was a tempting proposition as Marcus' mind looked back on his thought, and he had always wanted to meet a god...

Another item for the bucket list.

When Lilium mentioned of spending her night elsewhere, Marcus had to hold back from exclaiming his proposal. He hoped to persuade her to spend the night with him, as awkward as that sounds, so that he may witness her divine form is all of it's glory or chaos, whichever the case may be. That was his logical reasoning at least. The rest of his mind was as much an enigma to him as anyone else. His voice came out calm and collected through the crisp night air, unlike his thoughts. "This may sound a bit... brash, but you are more than welcome to share my bed - Not in that way I mean." He was quick to add in that last clause, as his voice struggled to maintain its composure. Regardless, he continued, "I'd very much like to witness your divinity myself - Again, that sounded a bit odd... After stealing you away for the night, I feel obliged to offer you a place to sleep, if you'd care to." Glad to have that off his chest, Marcus leaned up to sit with an arm on his knee, gazing down at the city below. It was then that he noticed he had glanced over her own question in the mess of his mind. More than happy to play it off as intentional, Marcus simply smirked, and added a few remarks to his offer. "My secrets aren't too unusual around here, but I pride myself deeply on them. They may not compare to centuries of history, but in some sense they're older than you are." The young scholar turned to his companion as he rose to his feet, extending a hand down to her elegant form carved into the grassy hill. This time well-aware of his phrasing, and quite proud of his wit, Marcus spoke, his voice backed-up by a soft breeze rolling through the hills. "What do you say we go expose ourselves together, in a more private venue."

It took every ounce of will Marcus had to stop himself from laughing.
Marcus Dymez
Imagination is oft confused with Insanity.

Words: 134886
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2012, 12:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Lilium on June 13th, 2012, 12:50 pm

At the mention of sharing a bed with the green eyed scholar, Lilium's cheeks turned a deep pink as the blood rushed to her face. Regardless of the years behind her or the experiences she had buried in her past, the ethaefal was from a time where men and women courted. Such a suggestion was incredibly bold. Still, it was the modern age, things had changed since she had first entered the world. Keeping her tongue, the blond sighed softly with relief as Marcus explained his words.

"That would be, most appreciated. Thank you."

Her brow drew slightly at his comment about her so called divinity. In all honesty, Lilium was frightened to present the beast to Marcus. He was kind, and so enthusiastic and ready to believe she was some gift from the past. When really, she was a monster. A murderous, vile, disowned, cursed monster. Turning her head to follow him as the scholar stood, blue eyes stared at the hand offered to her, his last words processing in her mind. Slowly, a grin crossed her features and her brow smoothed out.

"Honestly, is that what you say to all the girls?" Reaching out, the shimmering creature took his hand and allowed him to assist her off the ground. Dusting off her sheer white gown, Lilium smiled at the man with warmth.

"If you show me yours, I'll show you mine?" She said with a raised eyebrow, chuckling to herself and waiting for Marcus to lead the way.

Lilium
Slightly Insane

Words: 57553
Joined roleplay: May 13th, 2012, 1:38 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Marcus Dymez on June 13th, 2012, 3:40 pm

Marcus' smile beamed at his companion when she accepted his invitation, eager to prolong their encounter as long as possible. Her flushed face still lingered in his mind as her words floated on the air, but all the young scholar needed was a 'Yes', in some form or another. After the manner of his offer, the answer surprised him a bit. "To All of the angels; Yes." He answered her new question, his playful smirk flashing for a brief moment, before receding back into a smile. Thinking back on his past, Marcus never really had an easy time with women; perhaps a fallen angel was what he needed all along...

Taking her hand and lifting her up to her feet, Marcus couldn't help but smirk back to Lilium, her expression calming and enjoying his playful banter. This was what made Marcus feel content with himself; this warmth satisfied the deep complex buried within his psyche. As she interjected her own romantic line, Marcus simply laughed, imagining a couple bartering in the bedroom. He began to walk with her back down the hill, her hand warmly held in his. The scholar's voice came out with an entertained inflection through the cool night air, as he responded, "That sounds like a fair trade, don't you think? For all you know I could live in the University bathhouse. Would be dreadfully odd for you to be clothed in there." Marcus held back some cheery laughter as the situation crossed his mind's eye, his impeccable curiosity never failing to draw up an image of whatever hypothetical situation arose. Due to the circumstances of reality though, he was quick to throw out an image of Lilium in a bathhouse, lest he get red in the cheeks, or, Gods forbid, elsewhere. Marcus also didn't feel the need to mention that there was no University bathhouse, but a jest needed no credentials he supposed.

As they made their way back down the hill, Marcus found the courage to bring up a point that had been nagging him for quite a while, and hoped the casual star-lit stroll back to the University would suffice for a suitable backdrop. His hand gently squeezed the Lilium's as he gazed over to her, his smile fainter than usual, with the spirit in his emerald orbs diminished to a tiny glimmer; like a light struggling through it's own shadows. His voice was characteristically calm, but with an emotion to it that one could only describe as experience; weighing down his words as they left his mouth. It was not depression or sorrow that was exuding from the young scholar however. The optimism still remained, but the feeling was more akin to a long-buried fact, brought back to the surface with a heaving effort. "Lilium, no matter what you may have done in these past centuries, it is never too late to change yourself. Things are never what they seem, not even our own beings..." His smile grew for a moment, but not radiating with his usual cheery disposition. No, this was with the dark truth of the world, come to bare it's fangs in the light for a moment before recessing into the chasm from which it came. "Everyone has their secrets, and everyone their skeletons. Don't let yours define who you are." Letting himself relax for a moment, Marcus let out a soothing sigh, his usual cheer and character returning to him. As he laced his arm around the small of Lilium's back with a playful smirk, they walked beneath the entrance to the University, their stroll approaching its end. The young magician's voice came back filled with his natural calming tone, and with a smirk he held his companion close to him, whispering in her ear as he coordinated his steps. "Tonight, I want you to promise me one simple thing Lilium..."

"Do not fear the day."

To Be Continued
Marcus Dymez
Imagination is oft confused with Insanity.

Words: 134886
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2012, 12:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Arcane on June 27th, 2012, 6:38 am

Rewards and Treasure!

Lilium :
Experience Points
+2 Singing
+2 Seduction
+2 Acting

Lores
Marcus Callus the Observant
Marcus Callus the Scholar
University of Zeltiva: The Cafeteria Hall
Restrictions of University Food
Marcus' Philosophy on Life
Constellation: Lily of the Gods
Marcus' Bed-sharing Offer

Miscellaneous
None

Marcus Dymez :
Experience Points
+2 Observation
+3 Seduction
+2 Acting

Lores
Lilium the Konti
Lilium the Ethaefal
University of Zeltiva: The Cafeteria Hall
Lilium the Heavy Eater
Lilium's Hedonism in Mortal Shell
Lilium's Suffering in Celestial Form
Constellation: Lily of the Gods - Lilium's Namesake

Miscellaneous
None

In Conclusion
I saw what you did there at the beginning, the both of you. That's what warranted that seduction XP. Nothing escapes me! :P

I don't know why, but I imagine the both of them acting it all out with a smirk here, a flourish there, all with a stuffy high-society accent. It had me laughing throughout xD (yes Marcus, that was a horrible joke lol)

Still Lilium, that was a pretty unique interpretation of your ethaefal form. I got thrown-off by it, and that's a good thing. Marcus, you get that additional point of seduction because of all that sneaky innuendos you slipped in. Or am I only imagining that? :P

Great interaction there, as well as excellent writing. I'm afraid I can't give Socialization XP since it's not a real skill, but you get free imaginary magic cookies on behalf of the amount of awesome in this thread. That's right, other STs only give normal imaginary cookies. I give magical ones that explode in sweetness and rainbows in your mouth.

I'm glad that Zeltiva is getting writers of this caliber, I look forward to more threads from the two of you :)

Arcane
Magic & Mechanics

Words: 117525
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Office
Plotnotes

Previous