May Caiyha Smile Upon Us All (Quest/Closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Ana Sol Starris on July 16th, 2012, 5:18 pm

Swiftly Ana and company travelled to the spot, the trails they took were very much like what Ana had dreamed and made her think perhaps she was right, they also had the same dream. Such happenings could be purely coincidence, or there was actual meaning to it.. Possibly. Just maybe. For all they, she knew they were all going to get lost and nothing was actually going to happen. The dream could be just what it was, a dream, purely random and completely coincidental. Then again, it might just be better to follow and see what happened.. Ana loved such a mystery, though the words were unspoken.. Ana felt a certain connection to the others around her because of the dream, maybe just because they were following.. or actually maybe she was following them? Ah, it didn't matter. None of it did besides figuring out what the petch was going on!

When they came up to the nature dressed jamouran, Ana was shocked into a silence and could do nothing but watch warily. All she had on her person was the steel sword and buckler Zandelia had given to her the beginning of spring, those times seemed so far away now compared to the times now... The Spires seemed to be much more calmer than Sunberths depressingly needy streets, all they were doing was trapping big monkeys anyways.. There was no stealing whatsoever to be done, no murder, or even threats and immediate danger.. Just, capturing residents that were obviously displaced from their lives and homes. After Cham had transformed into something of awe-inspiring beauty, Ana looked around, unsure of what was going to happen and suddenly afraid, there was alot of responsibility hanging in the air, expectation and destiny layed thick in her mind.

It took her a moment, before she finally realized she had let her hands out in the open.. her green hands to be seen, and obviously they had been as a kindly jamoura offered to fix them.. Ana glanced down at her small hands at their now rightfully placed sides, did she want them fixed? Truely? They were just a reminder of what could happen if she tryed too hard, being the little beginner she was. Ana remained silent, unsure of what to say, fix them or not.. No, fixing them wasn't what she had on her mind right now, following these oddly dressed elders to where ever, to hers and others destinys had to be was what was on her mind, to help in what way she could.. She honestly didn't know how though, perhaps her size would be of use? Or her quick hands and possibly her sneak skills.. Whatever would be helpful, she hoped it would be of use to them instead of being a liability.

Once they had begun to travel as a large group, Ana wondered, pondered and thought some more. What would they have need of a thief? One from Sunberth, the city of Anarchy, at that. She kept up, her times in Sunberth, running constantly about had prooven to be useful in staying with the group and not falling behind. Eyes constantly on the look out for trouble, scanning warily for any unseen disaster coming their way, her paranoia was deep, thick within her mind when in the fog. It scared her, more than she cared to admit. What if it affected her as it had in that dream? Oh that dream, so long ago it seemed.. Just as long ago as when she had lived in Zeltiva, the life, no. Ana heaved a sigh and continued on, though, now curious about the others.. What exactly were their skills anyways? What use would they be to this... 'True Reclamation' of the Spires from the dastardly wall of mind consuming fog?

Would they be liabilitys? Trouble? Ana hoped not, unsure of the calm through the forest.

The travel seemed to take forever, but finally they arrived, Anas eyes went straight to the cloud of bugs and buzzing, bzzting, and fluttering of insectile wings by the hundreds, thousands even, though Ana could only guess how many there were. The flapping of birds, the cawing, why was there such a large swarm of flying critturs and bugs?! Ana stared up at them, amazed by the spectacle. Not many people saw such a sight every day, in fact, she wasn't even sure if this was yearly or seasonally, was it? The small thief had no clue, maybe it was just one time occurence? For the temple.. Anas ears caught what the Jamouran elder had said.

All from the forest, to protect the temple.. Ana mused to herself within her own mind, the racket coming from the swarm had it made it even hard for her to hear her own mind.

Watching the same elder go through the swarm, Ana raised an eyebrow, then to the swarm, then to the others.. Were they to follow suit? Of course, of course, why else would the swarm had parted.. Like one, whole mind. Just as soon as the elder had passed through, the others were doing the same, Ana followed after and looked up at the vines, then to the others swinging away- now uneasy.. She was never a very good climber.. And the prospect of falling to ones death seemed scary.

She looked around, the fear in her eyes at the others, before choking down all reason and gripping the vine tightly, she pushed herself off and let the air soar past her and to the swarm. Shutting her eyes tightly, liquid fear attempting to trickle out the corners of her closed opticals.

oy :
^_^ I'm sorry this took so long to get up, at the end there its kinda hard to do the end.. Because shes a bit of a scaredy cat. I understand for taking so long, that there must be consequences, and I completely understand and will not take it personally.
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Words: 706912
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 3:27 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Chamaeleon on August 27th, 2012, 2:47 am

Sunlight had pierced the shielding canopy of the fog, a thick finger of Syna slicing through that which was unnatural, unwelcome, and bathing the cringing Symenestra with her welcoming light. A flair of pain as her eyes were shocked by the sudden illumination quickly faded as light beaded across her skin, followed by the physical transformation that had so long ago been stolen from her. She was clasped again in her glimmering skin, the golden tone of her body a kiss of Syna personified. She stood slowly, her muscles rolling and filling her with a sensation of rightness. She took the moment to admire herself again, to remember what she was and for whom she owed her existence. Blue eyes lit up slowly as they raised, brighter than they had been before her imprisonment in the clutches of the fog. Her mind was clear of the haze of animal instincts, finally. She could see the ends of her long curls, the dull shade of rose that it had become instead of the sharp red she had come to expect when Spring had ended. Her form wad different to her in that regard, and in regards to the fact that she hadn't worn it in a long time, she moved slowly. Her nakedness didn't bother her, it never had, but when she realised she had no defenses without her claws and fangs, she lamented. All was well for the fact that she had a group to accompany her, at the least. A group of strangers, however, except for the faces of Lixue and Ana.

A slight smile curved the edges of her pink lips as she stepped forward, boldly approaching these strangers. She listened for the sounds of the people she had once called her pack, wary for their wrath, but none came. Perhaps they took fear from the sight of the large party. She hoped so.

Among the number of people, Chamaeleon moved with them deeper into the Spires. She felt wary of everything, imagining the feeling of eyes upon her every movement. Perhaps she had been addled by the fog in this regard. She couldn't know it, not so soon.

As, one by one, everybody entered the shielded Temple of Caiyha (a Goddess Chamaeleon didn't have an overwhelming fondness over due to unfamiliarity), Chamaeleon prepared for the crossing as well. Having faced a fate of fog and wisps of dreams, she did not fear this feat. She had faith, both in her Goddess and the lead of the Jamoura before her, and with her faith clasped firmly in her heart, she took that breathless plunge, gripping the sheath of a ropey vine as it brought her through the squirming mass of insects and birds. She felt the breath of their wings upon her naked skin and had the heart to laugh with the exhilaration of the moment and the joy that her mind was finally free from the tyranny of the Spires.
Spider, spider.
Chamaeleon
My kiss is poison.

Words: 90951
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2012, 10:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Noblesse on April 12th, 2013, 2:02 pm

Tiki :
Experience:
  • Observation +3
  • Acrobatics +1

Lores:
  • Rising to the Call for Aid in Spires

Notes:
Your writing style is a literary eye candy, and I find it enjoyable reading through your descriptions. Tiki's thoughts are quite humorous too. It's unfortunate that the thread got cut too early, though I gave what I was able to see.

Asha :
Experience:
  • Observation +2
  • Acrobatics +1
  • Running +1

Lores:
  • Rising to the Call for Aid for your People
  • Feeling Exposed in front of an Elder

Notes:
From what I have read in her character sheet, Asha seemed like such an interesting and fun character. That comment about Cham being beautiful despite being hairless was funny. It's too bad that the thread was cut off before I got to know her more. I'm not able to award much since this thread was stopped too soon.

Ana Sol Starris :
Experience:
  • Observation +2

Lores:
  • Caiyha's Children will Rise to Protect Her Temple

Notes:
Reading the thoughts running through Ana's mind and seeing her reactions throughout the event are both quite funny. Since the thread ended prematurely, however, I was only able to give very little points for your award.

Eldon Sunkiss :
Experience:
  • Observation +1

Lores:

Notes:
Your humor, seen in those passing comments, was a nice touch against the seriousness of the task Eldon was about to face. Unfortunately, you were only able to post once so I was not able to give you much.

Lixue :
Experience:
  • Observation +1

Lores:

Notes:
It's too bad that you were unable to post another round, so I really don't have much to award. I think it would have been interesting to see Lixue's reaction to swinging into Caiyha's temple, especially with her crippled leg.

Chamaeleon :
Notes:
Since your name was greyed out, I didn't give your award here. In case you return, pm me for your grade.

True nobility lies in being superior to your former self
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. Heehee.
Noblesse
Let them eat flavored snow!

Words: 181013
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2013, 5:29 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous