Hund

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Hund

Postby Hund on June 8th, 2012, 12:56 am

Hund

Physical Description

Name: Hund
Race: Kelvic - Wolf
Birthday: Tenth of Winter

Appearance

Hund has lived a life of hard labor which gives her frame muscles that would attest that she could plow fields and lift sacks of grain onto her powerful shoulders. Dainty would not be a word that would define Hund, her hands rough and callused from constant work. She was marred with a few scars, but to her despair, they were only from malfunctioning farm equipment. Her hair was shorn off to a male haircut, most of her hair was a grayish white color though she had odd patches of brown as if the brown hue was supposed to be dominant but mutation caused the change up. However, that was not the only mutation, she had crystal blue eyes but the right had a smudge of brown in it. Hund is around the height of five feet and ten inches and weighing in around one hundred and seventy nine pounds in weight due to her muscle mass and height.

Personality:

Hund is an extremely loyal being which isn't surprising due to her race and has a strong sense of honor, this makes her yearn to become a knight's apprentice or any sort of duty that would allow her to save lives. However, fate would have it that she was born unworthy of any protection work that flowed in her veins. Born deaf, Hund was a defective Kelvic and she dislikes when people point out her flaws, she strives to prove herself in the world. She would work herself into the ground to please anyone and everyone, which makes her easy to take advantage of. Due to her lack of schooling in anything but in farm work, she is a bit slow and cannot read or write, which is another sore spot on her wounded pride. But, Hund is a forever optimist, always looking forward to gain praise and recognition for her work, knowing that one day she would get what she always wanted. Her morals are set in protecting the innocent, the hard-working, her ideals are a bit simple but Hund was not a very complex being. She always enjoyed being outdoors and sometimes becomes a bit claustrophobic when in large crowds, used to working with only a few other slaves out in the open.

Character History

Hund was born from two Kelvic parents, their owners having brought them together in hopes to gain another Kelvic to use. They didn't expect a mutated child to be born, at the age of three they confirmed that she was deaf and would not be able to any protection duty. They sold her to the only person who wanted her was some farmer who needed more slaves to work the fields. From the age of six, she was put to work in the fields, she slaved for her master, hoping to please him around every turn even if the manual labor was torture to her and destroyed her pride. He never gave her a second glance, she was just a tool to be used for him to gain money without paying her. She slept out in the shed, thinking about what it would be like to be a true warrior and knowing that if she worked hard enough that someone would notice her potential. Her Master had been good enough to teach her sign language, for there was need for communication between them and she taught herself to read lips so it was easier to know what people who didn't know sign language to tell her what needed to be said.

After years of work, Hund never complained once, finding that this was what she was supposed to be doing, the only thing that she was good at. Tending crops year round, teaching herself how to count and guess weight so the grain would be evenly dispersed into sacks. She did enjoy working with her hands, to know that she was providing food for many with her sweat and blood made the job worthy in her eyes for she was ensuring the lives of others no matter how menial the task. At the age of eighteen, her vision in her right eye started to decline, though she didn't tell her Master in fear that he would dispose of her. The difference in clarity in her eyes gave her migraines but she bulled through the pain with stubborn determination. It wasn't long before her Master found out her deteriorating eyesight, finding her labor declining as well. Finding her as more trouble than she was worth, he kicked her out of his land, knowing no one would buy her now. Without work, he knew she would likely starve to death but it was out of his hands now.
He did let her keep the clothes on her back and let her keep the items he'd given her over the years, some money that would at least get her to the city. That was the limit of his generosity, he was a practical man, but he wasn't downright cruel, just in it for business. Hund was still wounded by being inadequate for her former master, now she needed someone else to give her some sense of duty. She was no longer a slave now, but it didn't feel any different, worse even. She had no one, alone in a world she didn't understand for she never left the farm and now she was heading towards Syliras.

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Coat
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
Heirloom: Hand carved wolf made by her father.
100 Gold Mizas

Housing:

-1 large tent
-1 Large tarp
-100 ft of rope
-flint & steel
-lantern
-2 torches
-bedroll & blanket
-fishing tackle & hooks
-Mixed blood horse, thick bodied and her favored work horse from the farm, the reason her master let her keep Titus is because he was too old to pull a plow anymore and had been replaced by a larger and younger steed. She has grew up around this horse, the elderly horse is used to her despite being a wolf kelvic. It also helps that she has never changed shape before the horse. He also had a full set of worn tack, and a large set of saddlebags.

Ledger
Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Stabling -5 SM 99 GM & 5 SM
Apartments -1 SM 99 DM & 4 SM

Skills, Lores, Magics, Gnosis, Languages

Common Skills:
Farming

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Wilderness Survival 10 10 Novice
Agriculture 20 20 Competent
Animal Husbandry 20 20 Competent
Hunting 10 10 Novice

Gnosis: None

Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language: Beastial Communication (Canine)

Lores:
Lore of Geography; Sylira Region, close to Syliras., though she rarely went into wolf form so her knowledge is very poor.
Lore of Agriculture: Mostly wheat, but tended her Master's wife's garden as well.

Last edited by Hund on June 28th, 2012, 7:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hund
Freed Slave.

Words: 10619
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2012, 7:49 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Hund

Postby Claymore on June 28th, 2012, 3:12 pm

Liaison intervention

First of all: Welcome to Mizahar, I hope you'll enjoy your time here and RP to your delight. I'm Claymore and I'll be assisting you in creating a Character Sheet. I noticed a few mistakes and will help you to fix them .

Things to be fixed

Your age is incredibly old for any kind of wolf. Keep in mind that Kelvics age at the same rate as he species they are based upon. So for a wolf to be a young adult, it would be about 2.5 to 3 years old.

Possessions
I find it strange that your kelvic rides a horse. Usually horses tend to stay away from carnivores and that includes your wolf kelvic. If you'd attempt to ride it, it would get jumpy

Lore
I noticed that you have Wilderness Survival as a skill and thus you need an accompanying lore which would help in surviving. Perhaps you could specify your Lore of Geography to a certain region to cover this.

Minor Notes
Not really that you need to fix it, but from what I can read is that she's more of a human slave, then a kelvic one. I wonder if you have truly read up on the lore surrounding Kelvics. If not, please do and fix the problems I have stated so far.

Please make the changes I've noted above, and send me a Private Message. Upon receiving your message, and reviewing your changes, I will remove the Intervention. Thank you for coming to Mizahar, and I hope you enjoy writing here.

Claymore

Claymore
CS Liaison

Words: 19999
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2012, 8:21 am
Race: Staff account
Office