[Syliras Location] Recruitment Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Dusk on February 3rd, 2012, 5:24 am

Harper

The Knight blinked down at her a moment, and then a smile flitted across his lips as he chuckled. "Ah, there's many things wrong with me, my girl, but not much that can be fixed. It's a side effect of doing magic for hundreds of years - eventually you get a bit hard to work with. But I have my uses, and there's no denying that. As for when we were supposed to meet... well, I am almost always late. In that, at least, I am reliable. May I come in?" he asked, one delicate silver eyebrow rising eloquently as he peered over her head and into the room beyond.

PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Marcus Braeden on February 3rd, 2012, 9:40 pm

Ravok, that damned town where he was born. That damned town where the Black Sun resided, plotting against everything that the knights have attempted to rebuild for the last 500 years. Syliras, the Windoak, society in general, all were targets of the Black Sun. Marcus grew up around them, and saw some of things they did firsthand. He hated it, he hated everything about it. Many of the citizens of Ravok didn't think much of it, or even supported the Black Sun. But Marcus formed his own opinions, choosing not to identify himself with their ideals. He worked in his fathers shop, developing his skills while ignoring the evil that seemed engulf the city. And eventually, he broke free of the hold the city seemed to have, which brought him to Syliras, which brought him here, in front of Loren.

"No, it won't be causing any problems. Hell, it's part of the reason I am here. To escape that damn place" Marcus chuckled.
Marcus Braeden
Chasing the Dream

Words: 138816
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2010, 6:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Harper on February 4th, 2012, 2:09 am

"Oh," Was all Harper could say in reply. The man seemed so mentally...unstable. And it was all from using magic? It worried Harper, even though she tried her best not to show it. The likelihood of her living for hundreds of years was slim, and that she knew, but it still worried her. She heard all the rumors, and she was taught by her own father about the dangers of magic and how it can effect the user's mind and body.

But Harper tried to shove the feelings of uneasiness back down deep inside where she couldn't feel them anymore and gestured for Ser Equuleus to come in. "Of course." She stepped aside and allowed him to enter her small apartment, and awaited for him to speak. Would she be tested? She was completely unaware of what she had to do to be accepted into the Knights, and Ser Equuleus seemed to be a tad bit unpredictable. But she kept a calm, passive expression on her face and waited.
"Rather die hard than die hallow."
Harper
Player

Words: 65499
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2011, 11:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Dusk on March 1st, 2012, 1:25 pm

Marcus

Loren nodded, a smile twitching again at the words he'd heard time and time again from more young men and women than he could count. "Good," he grunted quietly. "You had it easier than most we see come through here - a lot of those who manage to escape the pit make their way here, and they've stories to chill your bones. But you seem to understand what it is we're doing here," he said, leaning forward and settling his elbows on his knees. Those huge eyes were intense now, catching Marcus' gaze and refusing to let go. "We're trying to rebuild human civilization. Not just the facade of walls and buildings and gold trinkets. But a real civilization that cares for the welfare of its citizens and protects it from the chaos and danger that would tear it apart." He paused a moment, and time itself seemed to shiver and stop as he drew a careful breath. "Marcus, would you join us in this endeavor?"

Harper

Equuleus stepped inside as soon as he was invited, peering curiously around the room. "Quiet little thing, aren't you?" he chuckled, finally returning his attention to her. "Oh, don't look at me like that. On the whole, magicians are strange and inexplicable folk. We're an amalgamation of oddballs, and all of us are hurtling ourselves toward our death as fast as we can. You especially! Leeching and voiding, I hear? I'd be surprised if you live to see thirty with that combination." He gave a shrug, but he was focusing on her now, and though he was on the whole a flighty and distracted sort, when he decided to pinpoint his attention it was an oppressively heavy thing. "To be fair, you're just packed with oxymorons. You seem genuinely hesitant and even concerned for my well-being, and yet you're a Leecher - which would typically mean a power-hungry little meddler with no regard for themselves or those around them. And Voiding! Gods, it's like your own little serial killer's magic kit: first you drain a person dry, then you chuck the body into the Void never to be found. Is that what you do, Harper?" he asked softly. He was watching her carefully, watching every reaction she had, trying to judge whether she was what she said she was or if she was no different from the others who used her particular powers.

PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Marcus Braeden on March 1st, 2012, 6:55 pm

This was it, the question that would officially change Marcus' life. No longer would he be sitting in a room, dreaming of one day when he may be able to be a knight. Now, he was about to start living his dream, or at least get one step closer to it. Thoughts were a thing of Marcus' past. His future would now be determined by actions.

Marcus looked into Loren's eyes, which were now burning like one of the fires that Marcus had worked with all these years. "I would be honored to join you" Marcus said with excitement. A smile crossed his face, as it appeared that he was well on his way.
Marcus Braeden
Chasing the Dream

Words: 138816
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2010, 6:42 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Harper on March 2nd, 2012, 5:19 am

Harper could feel her face flushing. Everything the man was saying was true. All the magicians she knew, they were all strange people, but she had never seen herself as strange; only trying to survive in a harsh world.

"You heard correctly," She replied in a calm yet stern tone. "Aye, I suppose it is true that my arts are of the more dangerous, but that's why I chose to pursue them." She paused. She looked over the man again, taking a particular interest in his horns. She gazed at them a little longer, and looked back to his eyes. "I plan to live much longer than 30, if I can help it. I'm no murderer. I've had my fair share of bad encounters, but I don't make it a habit of taking the lives of others. I believe in balance, in the scales being fully equivalent in weight. I find that Leeching, probably one of the most deadly of arts, helps me to maintain balance while in combat. I am aware of its reputation and its repercussions, but I lack physical strength. I would be no challenge for a grown man if it were not for my magicks. My father taught be the art of Voiding and for that I am grateful, even if I hate that poor bastard."

She took in a large breath; yet again, she was saying a little too much.

"I will agree that both arts are dangerous and can be used to do great harm, but what magick can't be? All of us magick-users are dabbling in forces greater than ourselves and I've come to accept that. I'm sure you've had your fair share of magick blowing up in your face; it's part of the territory. If you wanted, I'm sure that you could kill me in a second with whatever powers you posses. But you don't, and that's what makes you different from the rogue wizards that roam these lands. I find the art of Leeching to be useful and logical in certain situations, so I utilize it when I see fit. But that doesn't mean I go around sucking the life out of every poor bloke I see. I want to do good in this world, to aid in a cause greater than myself. I want to be different than the power-hungry Leechers out there. I want to help."

After the long speech she gave, Harper was left semi-out of breath, fists clenched and her voice a lot louder than she had intended. She realized this and quickly realized that she shouldn't have been so disrespectful on the man who is deciding whether to let her into the Knights or not.

After a long pause of collecting her thoughts, she spoke again: "I'm sorry for my ill tone, I meant no disrespect. I sometimes lose myself, a habit I wish I could overcome..."

Harper was full of worry now, and it was visibly shown on her face. All she could do was pray that Equuleus would like her enough to give her a chance at knighthood.
"Rather die hard than die hallow."
Harper
Player

Words: 65499
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2011, 11:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Hund on June 10th, 2012, 7:03 pm

Season of Summer, Day 12, 512 AV

Hund pulled gently on the reins of her elderly work horse, Titus. His black coat faded with gray and white, glistening with sweat from the heat of the summer sun that seemed to forsake the woman's travels. She was just glad that her clothes were a bit on the threadbare side, letting in what little wind there was, though the air was thick with humidity. Sweat made her short hair spike up a bit, making the brown splotches darken on the white canvas of her hair. Her golden skin glistened with a fine sheen of sweat but the woman was used to working in the heat out on the farm, she knew she had to keep hydrated but at the moment she was a bit preoccupied with her thoughts.

From the looks of her surroundings she figured she was close to the Recruitment building, she only hoped that the Knights would accept her in their ranks but it was a very slim chance. With her muscles tense under her skin like steel cables, hard work out in the fields had made her sturdy and strong. From at first glance she seemed perfect for Knighthood, but her defects were always haunting her every step. It was something she couldn't hide, not that she would ever lie about it to anyone if they asked. It shamed her for being born disabled, unable to hear a thing and now the eyesight in her right eye was slowly going out.

She slid down from her heavy mount and led the gelding to the shade of a tree, dropping the reins for she knew Titus would never venture far from her, he was as loyal as she was. Swallowing nervously, now feeling a thread of fear slither up her spine, rearing its ugly head in challenge to her courage. She had to know if her fate was truly sealed, that the Knights held no room for disabled beings like herself. She might be beating herself up a bit for it, but she was nervous which made her palms sweaty. Taking a moment to check herself over, fixing her hair a bit and smoothing out her dusty clothes in attempts to look presentable.

Calmly, not that she felt it, she walked up the steps and into the cool interior of the building. She glanced around, her right eye squinting a bit in attempts to make her viewing clearer but to no avail. At the moment she was lost, unsure really where to go now or who to 'talk' to. Would anyone know sign language here?
Hund
Freed Slave.

Words: 10619
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2012, 7:49 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Hund on June 13th, 2012, 3:33 am

Season of Summer, Day 12, 512 AV

The halls were vacant, the stale scent of sweat lingered in the air for Hund's sensitive nose. It seemed to be her best sense at the moment, her hearing gone and eyesight following suit, at least in one eye. She wondered a moment if she should invest in an eyepatch, it would serve her better to block out all sight in her bad eye instead of suffering constant migraines. However, she needed to save her money for more important things, while she may not be all that intelligent she had been taught to be stingy with money from her former Master.

After standing in the empty halls for what seemed eternity, she glanced towards the open air windows, seeing that the sun was on its downward slide. Soon it would be dark and she had no lodging for her or her old farm horse, she couldn't wait here any longer. Hopefully, she would be able to come back on a later date, but for now she needed to get settled. Tomorrow she would explore the city in hopes of finding a job, any job that would take her. Though this city didn't have the open fields of wheat she was used to, she was beginning to miss watching the waves of wheat rippled in the last rays of fading light. It was a sea of gold and it would be forever branded in her memory.

With a sigh, Hund moved out of the building and jogged down the steps, fluid in all her movements due to her species. Titus, her old horse, raised his head and perked his ears in her direction for he was a good, experienced horse. She climbed up on his saddle, deciding to find the stables before she found shelter for herself.

Hund
Freed Slave.

Words: 10619
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2012, 7:49 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Daeva Timandre on June 24th, 2012, 2:56 am

1st Summer 512AV

This city had always overwhelmed her. Most of the time she found herself sheltering within the inns of the sprawling castle fortress, but it was compact, with men and women in glistening armor marred by scars of battle and citizens whose gazes lingered in curiosity.

The akontak was accustomed to such scrutiny, and thus she continued her time with little thought to the prejudice or judgement of the strangers who observed. Ultimately, her canine companion had been left to wander the outer rims of the forest beyond Syliras, so as to avoid an event where an unfortunate child fell prey to hungry fangs. Daeva, however, had taken it upon herself to watch these individuals who called themselves Knights, asserting their authority and power in a way that was an enticing prospect to a budding akontak.

Her lighter twin approved, commenting on the prospects of learning discipline and regiment, something that Daeva sorely needed.

That was how the mixed breed came to find herself before the door of the Recruitment Office. She entered with a raised brow, glancing about the room for the proprietor until her gaze landed on a quirky, elderly man. "Ser? I'd like to apply to be a Knight."
Last edited by Daeva Timandre on June 28th, 2012, 7:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Daeva Timandre
I wrestled with angels all my life.

Words: 45274
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2011, 2:02 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Chevalier on June 28th, 2012, 3:28 am

Daeva

The leathery skinned Ser Erik paused in contemplation for a moment once Daeva had caught his attention. The strict contrast of her hair and skin was enough to draw the eyes of any Syliran, and her height made her stick out as well amongst the host of other females that could be found within the packed populous. Syliras was a city dominated nearly completely by Humans and their sub cultures. The Knights reflected this, and while they had the occasional Akalak or Konti, the majority of the members maintained a Human bloodline. Ser Erik was no exception, although time and the rigors of Knighthood had taken some of his symmetry away.

"Well ma'am, I'm sure we'd love to have you. Part of the process is starting as a Squire of course. Learnin' the ropes, training with a Patron, it's all a good way to shape a young lass like yourself into a fine Knight. Of course then there's the prospect of both the Warrior Knights, and the Warrior Mages. Gotta have some aptitude or talent with magic for the latter." with his one good arm he brought a hand up to rub his nose as his body rested heavily in his seat. He had to toss out the Warrior Mage comment, but the reality was almost no one wanted to become a Warrior Mage these days. Not after the storm. "I gotta ask though because I've never met a blue woman before, what...are you?" shortly after his question he lifted a mug of a dark liquid up to his lips.
Chevalier
Knighted by Dusk

Words: 117750
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2011, 6:50 am
Office

PreviousNext