[JUNES BAKEOFF] Fruit! Fruit fruit fruit!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to place any off topic chatter, thread games, etc here.

Postby Phoenix on June 8th, 2012, 5:27 pm

It's time to get serious again, folks! Mizahar has gone MUCH too long without our beloved Bakeoff. I have decided to gather the reins (see Jen, I used the right one!) and take control of this wonderful tradition!

In honor of Summer both in and out of Miz, I decided that the theme for the Month of June is Fruit. Anything you make has to has fruit as one of the main ingredients. This means it can be a recipe you found online or in your favorite cookbook, or something that you totally created on your own! Post pictures here showing the process and the final product along with the recipe you used!

Get creative, people! There is SO much you can do with fruit, the options are literally endless. As if more incentive was needed, but you also get a medal for participating in the Bakeoff!

So, go! Get started!
Phoenix
The Capacity for Inspiration

Words: 782528
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2010, 3:54 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Creeper on June 20th, 2012, 1:01 am

I will totally be participating in this somehow! Everyone should :D
Creeper
My Bark is Worse Than My Bite

Words: 261058
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2012, 5:27 pm
Location: DS of The Spires, Northern Wastes, and Overseeing Avanthal
Office
Plotnotes

Postby Phoenix on June 20th, 2012, 2:31 am

Strawberry Cream Rolls

Well, I guess I'll be the first to post!

I made Strawberry Cream Rolls (Like the Little Debbie ones, but better) with fresh strawberries! I almost didn't have enough because I kept eating them all :(

I got my recipe here. It was the most concise and I bake better when I am left to my own devices instead of nailed down with tons of instructions. I kinda make it up as I go along. Note: If you use this recipe, add WAY more strawberries than it asks for, and if you want it super sweet, add sugar everywhere you can.

And, here are some pictures!

The Process :

The Finished Product! :
Yummy!!!!
Phoenix
The Capacity for Inspiration

Words: 782528
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2010, 3:54 am
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Kat on June 20th, 2012, 2:59 pm

That looks awesome! I should go buy some of those...anyhow, I will absolutely try my hand in this, looks like fun and I look forward to seeing some mouth watering sweets.:)
Kat
Player

Words: 8937
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2012, 11:29 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Sliver on June 22nd, 2012, 12:39 am

Lemon Ricotta Cookies

My co-worker has brought these in a couple times before so I finally snagged the recipe from her, then saw this contest. I hope they are fruity enough to make the cut, I just thought it too great a coincidence not to share with some Mizaharans. They are pretty easy, and the recipe makes a crap ton (I did not believe her when she told me...now I do). In light of the nature of this contest I decided to deviate from the strictly lemon route and make a citrus sampling using limes and oranges to make some cookies as well. Due to the sheer magnitude of cookies produced I ended up just making lemon and orange cookies. They are light fluffy cookies with a glaze on top, and thoroughly scrumptious...if I do say so myself.

Ingredients and Glaze :
Cookies!
15 Oz. of Ricotta
2 cups of sugar
1 Lemon zested
1 Lemon juiced
2 Eggs
1 Stick of butter
2 1/2 Cups of flour
1 tsp of Baking powder
1tsp of Salt

Ingredients for Glaze

1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
1 Lemon Zested
1 Lemon Juiced

Cooking instructions for cookies :
The flour salt and baking powder are mixed together and set aside.

The butter sugar and eggs (one at a time with ze eggs) are also mixed, then the lemon juice, zest, and ricotta are added to that.

Once you've got that bundle all together you add the dry ingredients in two parts so you can mix the concoction up well in between. You then put them onto your oiled baking sheet in the size you would like and bake at 375 degrees for approx. 15 minutes.

The ingredients for the glaze are just mixed together and drizzled on the finished product.

Note: My first batch burned and I was able to cook these guy in more like 10 minutes at 300 degrees, but generally my oven runs hot, so I would keep an eye on them since they are pretty light things...something I probably should have considered, haha.

Also feel free to halve the batch, the lemon and orange cookies I made put together equaled just one full recipe and it is a lot of cookies, you get plenty from half.

Some of ze process :
Some of the poor burnt cookies :(

The Finshed Product :
Sliver
Do I look like a woman who exaggerates?

Words: 358206
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2012, 6:26 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook