Skill: Subterfuge

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Postby Andresciel on June 15th, 2012, 6:28 am

I thought I'd give this to my peers to review since I finally found the right words to use.

Novice: These are those just beginning to learn the art of lying and are not accomplished at it. They would have trouble making a convincing story, or even sticking to the same one. Problems would often arise from their inability to lie worthwhile.

Competent: A little better at lying, they can get away with small lies. Anything big will blow up in their faces. Deceit is not their strong suit but with some work, they will get better at it.

Expert: Lying has become second nature to this user, and they can craft a story and stick to it. Although not a master of deceit, they can get by without too much trouble. Still, they should be cautious around large organizations.

Master: Why, starting a feud would be easy for a master of Subterfuge. Even stealing government document would be easy. Lying is second hand, and a part of this persons every day life. They can blend in and seem like they belong anywhere but within large organizations who know everyone.

This is only the basic sketch of Subterfuge and I hope others can help me develop it to a masterful skill.
Andresciel
The Mage Knight

Words: 90070
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2011, 3:07 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on June 15th, 2012, 8:25 am

Moderator Note:

Hi there. You do not yet have HD permission to work on this article. this thread will be locked until you do so. We tend to ask that you post a whole article, not bits and pieces of one for comment once you do have permission.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)