An unlikely encounter[ThreadComplete]

[Flashback](Private)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

An unlikely encounter

Postby Desmus Marrudius on June 17th, 2012, 9:05 am

Desmus watched with an intense burning in his eyes as the mans hand fell down the his sword. It was as if time itself began to move slower and ages pasted before he finally reached it. So this man intense to fight will now challenge a horse lord. Many have came before him and indeed many will follow they dare make the mistake of underestimating a savage from the plains.

"Draw your glad boy. Once our fight is over it will make it easier for me to move along with my kindness if you draw upon me first, but be warned. You shall not leave this alive."

To an untrained eye it would seem that Desmus was only shifting hi body but he was doing far more than that. He was preparing his footing and balance for when the boy strikes at him.
"One more must ay the price for his deception"
"I watched as the lamb opened the fourth of the seven seals and I heard the fourth of the living beasts say in a voice like thunder come and see, and I saw and behold a pale horse and he sat on him was death and behind him, hell followed" - Revelations 6:8
Desmus Marrudius
Patriarch

Words: 29640
Joined roleplay: January 7th, 2012, 8:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

An unlikely encounter

Postby Don on June 17th, 2012, 9:14 am

So, it appeared the man wanted to draw swords and meet Donathon in combat. He knew this man would be skilled, and he knew this man would win. He was older, and most likely stronger. Donathon wanted to become a Knight in the near future, not a grave to fill. He also knew that if he did win the fight, he would most likely become detained by the city guard. And Don had no intentions of putting ill against his name. He wanted to be seen as a man of strength and valour, proven not through combat, but through good deeds. Fighting a stranger for no reason was not a good deed.

As he moved his hand away from his hilt, Don spoke. His voice was clear and demanding, as if he were ordering the man. ”Stay your sword, traveller. You will not walk out of these walls with your head if you don’t. There is no need for violence, nor did I intend to create any. I simply wish to know your intentions in the city.” Don spoke only the truth; he always did. He only wanted to know why this man was here, and who he was looking for. Clearly the Drykas were men of battle, but he did not know they had such a thirst for unnecessary violence.
Don
Upholder of Justice, Follower of the Windoak

Words: 50238
Joined roleplay: June 13th, 2012, 9:58 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

An unlikely encounter

Postby Desmus Marrudius on June 18th, 2012, 3:09 am

The boy did not draw his sword on Desmus, but he did not back down. It seems that he really was a man of valor and great potential. Desmus stayed his hand, and remvoed it from his own sword and clasped his hands together. This boy had not intense any I'll will towards Desmus and his own bloodlust for revenge almost caused him to injure or possibly kill this boy. Desmus sighed and rubbed his hands together before looking up at the boy.

"I am sorry. Believe me when I say I do not wish to kill anyone, but I have found that in recent days my hands are forced. I can tell by your eyes you are innocent to the way of taking a mans life for your own good boy, never cross over to that point. It's like a bottomless pit lies at the pit of your stomach and the Only way to fill it is to kill another. It never fills, though every death just makes it deeper. You ask me why I come to this city and you do not look pike a halfwit so you probby know why I'm here. If he is here blood will fill these streets both his and mine."

Desmus looked then directly into the boys eyes and waited for his response.
"I watched as the lamb opened the fourth of the seven seals and I heard the fourth of the living beasts say in a voice like thunder come and see, and I saw and behold a pale horse and he sat on him was death and behind him, hell followed" - Revelations 6:8
Desmus Marrudius
Patriarch

Character sheet

An unlikely encounter

Postby Don on June 18th, 2012, 11:32 am

From the words that he spoke, Don could see this man had suffered in his life. Not only through his words, but the look in his eye was a dead giveaway to the fact that this man had not lived a completely pleasurable life, and rather one filled with hatred and death. In truth, he felt sorry for the man, knowing that killing was the only thing that made him feel at ease. Sylira, he had come to realize, was full of men like that. Despite the law and all it did, there were still those that were insatiable to blood, and spilt it freely to rekindle their spirits.

Looking at the man with eyes like deep pits of sorrow, Donathon spoke. ”There is no need for bloodshed, not now, nor ever. No matter how deep the pit, you can always crawl out. Whatever this man has done to you, whatever reason brought you here, it will not be finished through killing him, or dying. The death of one man is not worth a life in prison, or none at all. If you find this knight you seek, and kill him, there is surely no turning back. You will be dead before you leave the city, and that benefits nobody.” Don took a breath as he finished, watching as the passing crowds began to diminish. He would use all the persuasive abilities he had to sway the mind of this man. "Do not make the wrong choice, stay your blade."

Don

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

An unlikely encounter

Postby Desmus Marrudius on June 19th, 2012, 1:36 am

Desmus looked at the boy and listened truly to his words. He indeed did not wish him imprisoned or worse, but there will never be quater offered to this man.

"Tell me boy, you hold the knights here in very high regard yes? You must know slit about there code of honor and their beliefs. Then tell me. How does murdering over fifty innocent man, women, and children fit into this religion. You give me one reason and I will turn away from this path of revenge and return home, just one reason."
Desmus Marrudius
Patriarch

Character sheet

An unlikely encounter

Postby Don on June 19th, 2012, 5:10 am

Indeed he did hold the knights in Syliras in high regard. Without them, he was nothing, without wanting to be them, he was nobody. Don had slaved away all his life training and preparing, for the day in the future that he would be given his knightly quest, and knighted upon completing it. There was nothing he loved and nothing that inspired him more than the knights of Syliras. But what this man spoke of, a knight who had killed so many women and children.. he had never heard of such a knight before. In fact, his suspicions were raised whether it was a knight at all. They followed a strict code of honour, a path walked with steps of valour and good. Crossing it was a crime, as was breaking any oath.

He did not know this knight the man spoke of personally, and as such he could muster no reasonable defence on his part. The man could have indeed done what the Drykas had claimed him to have done, but until Don knew for certain; he would not trust the man’s word. He would have to get to the bottom of it if he were to make assumptions and come to conclusions. For the time being, he would speak in the man’s defence, and try to keep this man from staining his blade with the blood of another. These city walls were what he had called home all his life, he was not about to have them brought down by some foreigner. Licking his lips to rejuvenate their dried forms, Don spoke.

“The knight follow a strict code. Everyone knows it, and everyone acknowledges it. Doing what you have claimed this man to do is treason, and if it is indeed true, he will be brought to trial. There is no need for useless bloodshed. If the man has truly done such a heinous crime, then he will be brought before the order and given a proper justice.” Don paused for a moment, turned back to where the blacksmith was, and then began again. ”I have business at the blacksmith, so I must be off. I apologise for being rude, or insulting you. Please; think before you act.” With that, he gave the man a small wave, a short bow, and headed off to the direction he had been travelling earlier.

Secret :
From here you can either follow Don and continue our chat, or end the thread.

Last edited by Don on June 19th, 2012, 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

An unlikely encounter

Postby Desmus Marrudius on June 19th, 2012, 5:20 am

"Let's pray your order does their justice before I do mine!" Desmus said to the man walking away.

He then turned towards the inner city seeking the answers he has searched for all these long years. Was the man here. Was he even a knight of Syrilis the boy almost had h convinced otherwise. No matter he would soon find out himself.
Desmus Marrudius
Patriarch

Character sheet

An unlikely encounter[ThreadComplete]

Postby Emblem on June 22nd, 2012, 12:45 am

Congratulations!
You Get Glorious Experience!

Desmus
Skills
    Observation- 3 XP
    Subterfuge- 2 XP
    Philosophy- 1 XP
Lores
    Misunderstandings
    Syliran Knights (Partial)
    Pursuing Revenge

Other Shenanigans: Nope, nada.

Don
Skills
    Observation- 3 XP
    Interrogation- 3 XP
    Philosophy- 2 XP
Lores
    Misunderstandings
    Talking Down A Traveler
    Suspicious Behavior

Other Shenanigans: Nothing here.

Comments :
Good work gentlemen, PM me with any questions or concerns!
Currently working at new job so I am still trying to balance it out with Miza. I apologize for any delays.
Emblem
Retired Staff

Words: 50846
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2012, 5:56 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous