Another Day, Another Drama(Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Jarth on April 25th, 2010, 4:24 pm

Day 27 of Spring, 510 A.V.

Jarth had woken up rather early that mornning. He did not know why, but he had not been able to sleep very well the past few weeks. He was still getting used to the city and the differences were probably getting to him. He decided that he would meditate for awhile and then head out into town. While he could go now, he doubted many people would even be awake. Not too many woke up early in this society. He found that quite strange since they always seemed to be in a hurry to get somewhere. These were strange people indeed. He would need to have a clear mind to deal with the city for another day. Maybe his patience would be awarded today and he would finally find his first good lead or piece of knowledge. He was not too excited though. When the time was right, he would find what he wanted. If he tried to push it, he would only hinder the process.

After meditating over these problems and how to tackle his day, he decided to finally head out. Judging by the sun above, he would guess that it was almost afternoon. Another thing that struck him as very different in these people were their obsession with time. These people seemed to base every aspect of their lives around time. His people never stressed too much about time, seeing as that it would pass whether you wanted it to or not. He would have plenty to learn about this society, but then again, he had the time to do it. His first goal of the day was to head down to the marketplace and see if he could find anything new or interesting. While he did not plan on spending too much of his money on small commodities, he supposed it could not hurt just to look. At the very least, it seemed like a good place to start his search.

Soon after he had left his house, he was already met with the stares of everyone passing by. He supposed he would get used to that before they got used to him. At the very least, it did prove useful to get through the crowded streets. Most people were willing to let him move through and there often was a large enough gap for two of him to move through. He found it quite humorous that people were that scared of him. He did not see why people would think he would try to hurt them. Many of them probably had never seen a Jamoura before and he guessed that very few actually knew about his culture extensively or at all for that matter. He did not have too much time to think on it, for he was soon at the market. Now the real fun would start.

People in the marketplace where not so willing to budge. Many were caught up yelling at the nearest merchant or trying to get the best deal on this or that. He thought all the bickering and yelling was quite annoying, but he knew that it was what he would have to deal with if he wanted to stay in the market. The only worry he had was if he actually wanted to buy something. For some reason he doubted that any merchant would be able to hear him over the racket. He supposed he would just worry about that when the time came though. For now, he was quite content on just looking at what was to offer and all of the people here. He could tell that there were quite a range of people living here. Even among just one population, there were so many differences. He supposed that came from such a large population being crammed together in one area. He still found it quite strange.

As he actually made his way through the market, a stand with a wide variety of crafts caught his eye. It had a wide variety of things, from simple little carving to intracite tablets among other things. He decided that it was worth a look at the very least. To get to the stall, though, would be quite a challenge indeed. There were quite a few people between him and the stall and these people were not as willing to make room for him. He supposed that would mean he would just have to make room himself. As he started pushing his way through the crowd, he made quite a rucus. A few people dared to even shout at him; well until they actually saw him. Right before he got to the stand, he seemed to be hit by something. When he looked down he saw that someone had been running and had slammed straight into him. Today was going to fun indeed.
You can do anything, but not everything - David Allen

To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail - Abraham Maslow

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear - Ambrose Redmoon
Jarth
A Seeker of Knowledge

Words: 15250
Joined roleplay: April 24th, 2010, 7:46 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Postby Xhost on April 25th, 2010, 5:02 pm

Day 27 of Spring, 510 AV

"Poor naive humans" Xhost thought as he watched the standowner run from him as he jumped down from a legde. " Maybe it would be best to not approach people im my beastial form" Xhost pondered as he transformed back into a human behind the stall as he put back on his clothes. Not many people were looking the naked man but more at the frightened standowner that just ran into the nearly 8' foot tall ape. 8' foot ape?! Xhost had been observing this city for a while and never saw one of those.

"Each day just brings new adventure...man it gets old" Xhost said under his breathe ad he wrapped on his cloak and made his way to the standowner. As he approached the standowner, he noticed that the ape had noticed the frightened little human had ran into him but Xhost couldnt tell if he was mad, annoyed, or just tranquil?

"I just wanted to buy some food but instead the butcher is about to get the pulp beat out of him. Well i guess thats just how life works." Xhost said to himself as he got close to the man and the ape. "Gotta learn to stay out of my beastial form" Xhost said laughing and shacking his head.
"The night only whispers one word...and that is death"
Xhost
The Midnight Stalker

Words: 4051
Joined roleplay: April 24th, 2010, 7:23 pm
Race: Kelvic

Postby Devond Rose on April 25th, 2010, 6:46 pm

Devond Rose, had finally reached Sylira. He decided he would go to the market first to find out more about this place. He started pacing throught the crowds, listening to the things they said. It seemed pretty normal so far. That is until he found an 8 foot statue of an ape in the street.

He walked over to get a better look. It wasn't a statue, it was a Jamoura. He then realized how strange this place really was. He then noticed a black panther wandering around behind the stall. He was very intruiged about this place, but jamoura's and panthers wandering the streets?

The panther then transformed into a human. It was a Kelic he thought. Should've noticed. The stall owner at the meat shop had ran straight into the ape.

Devond decided to walk over to the stall owner and inquire about the situation.

"Excuse me" he said to the shopkeep, "but i would like to know what's going on around here. Care to extrapalate?

"Well this giant monkey thing just ran into me so, i'm not really sure what he wants but he don't look happy.
One day, imagination will be the downfall of mankind.- Me
Devond Rose
Player

Words: 3305
Joined roleplay: April 24th, 2010, 11:02 pm
Race: Symenestra

Postby Jarth on April 26th, 2010, 12:43 am

It seemed that fate was not with him today. The one thing he wanted to avoid was lots of attention. Being a Jamoura in a city entailed that you would get some, but he still was not expecting to be the center of attention. Now that the man had run into him and made a big ruckus, everyone was preparing for him to do the worst. That showed how little these people truly knew about his kind. His species was one of the most peaceful races. While they would fight if they saw the necessity, they did not go out of their way to pick fights. While he did not enjoy being run into, it did not mean that he was about to beat him to a pulp. He was sure that the man had a good reason to be in a hurry. If not, he had learned his lesson about running without looking. While he did not think he was that imposing himself, he figured that the man must be quite scared.

As he looked back up, he noticed that there were two people heading towards him. One seemed to appear mostly human. Something about him seemed off though. He still found it difficult to discern the different parts of the human species. The other heading towards him seemed to be drawing an equal amount of attention. Jarth could tell that he was different as well, but it seemed that these people drew a much larger line between their two species. He could not see the large difference between the two. There were of course the distinguishing physical features, but he still seemed to be some kind of human. It seemed that maybe their culture was more complicated than he had thought. He would have to delve into that later.

He supposed that it was probably a good time to make sure everyone knew he had no intention of killing anyone today.

"I have no intention of harming you human," Jarth bellowed trying to calm the man. It seemed like it worked quite the opposite. It seemed that he had never heard a voice of a Jamoura before and was quite taken aback by it. He had probably thought he did not even know the common language. Either way, he immediately ran off as quickly as he could. There was not much he could do about it now. It seemed that the other two that had approached were not as afraid of him. That was not to say that they were not being cautious, but they were not running away either. Maybe he could get some answers out of the two.

"Greetings," he started, trying to be friendly," it seems that you two are not fleeing in fear. May I partake as to your names?"

To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail - Abraham Maslow

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear - Ambrose Redmoon
Jarth
A Seeker of Knowledge

Character sheet

Postby Xhost on April 26th, 2010, 1:00 am

Xhost was suprised to see how keep the Jamoura's voice was. Sveiger had told him about them but they seemed much different then his discription of them. Xhost figured that if the Jamoura was willing enough to be friendly and not use his massive weight to kill him, then he might as well be friendly too.

"Im really just a drifter. I was looking to buy some food but it doesnt seem like that is going to happen anytime today" Xhost said looking down and the cowering man now trapped inbetween him, the ape....and a new character to the party? "Hmmmm" Xhost thought as he examined him. Claws for fingers, extended limbs, and the shape of fangs in the man's mouth. "Well now, a Symenestra. This is an interesting thing to find in a heavily populated area. Most species stay away from where they are hated" Xhost said looking the man in the eye while raising an eyebrow.

"Look out ladies, we have a cruel lover here" Xhost said loudly with a faint chuckle.
Xhost
The Midnight Stalker

Postby Kamrynn Sleightyr on April 26th, 2010, 3:55 am

Kamrynn's head bobbed once as he stood guard, bored to death at his post in the market. This was only his second week as an official Syliran Knight, but he was quickly realizing that his duties wouldn't be much more exciting than when he was a squire. Knighthood was supposed to be full of dangerous and exciting adventures, but that didn't seem to be the case.

Today he stood guard, but mostly he just stood. The strong presence of knights in the city made crime a rarity, and it made Kamrynn's job a bit of a let down.

That was until a pudgy, red faced man came hurtling towards him from the market stalls at a dead sprint. Kamrynn snapped to attention, ready for action. The fat man skidded to a halt, breathing heavily and began jabbering incoherently.

"Calm yourself, citizen." Kamrynn demanded, trying his best to sound as though he was a seasoned professional, not a 19 year old, smooth faced rookie. "Catch your breath, and tell me the problem!"

"An ape! *puff* One of those *puff* Jamoura!" The fat man cleared his throat. "It attacked me in the market! It just ran up to me, knocked me on my ass then started screaming! It's out of control, you have to do something before someone gets hurt!"

Adrenaline coursed through Kamrynn like a narcotic, this was something! "I understand. Show me to the Jemoura, I'll handle this"

This revelation made the man grin smugly, a gesture that was lost to Kamrynn as the knight was lead a short way through the market to where the incident had happened.

Kamrynn caught sight of the ape quickly, it towered head and shoulders above the rest of the population. Kamrynn swallowed hard, he was at best 160 pounds, maybe a third of what the Jemoura weighed. Looks like I should have brought the whole Syliran Order with me... He thought idly to himself, but his pride sped him forward, coming to a halt a few feet before Jarth. The spiteful merchant stood several feet behind that, wringing his hands excitedly.

"Excuse me," Kamrynn offered, his voice cracked and he had to strain his neck to look up at the ape. "There seems to be some kind of a problem here. This man is claiming that you attacked him. Violence of any kind is not tolerated within this market. Would you care to explain yourself?"
Kamrynn Sleightyr
Syliran Knight

Words: 71523
Joined roleplay: April 22nd, 2010, 8:37 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Devond Rose on April 26th, 2010, 7:40 pm

]Devond looked at the man suspisciously, he wasn't sure he liked his sense of humor. He then looked back at the Jamoura and replied "My name, my name is Devond Rose." He looked down the path the man had run to.

The fat meat vendor was walking back up the road with a syliran knight.
He then started to wonder if the man was really as stupid as to reaproach the Jamoura.

"Excuse me,There seems to be some kind of a problem here. This man is claiming that you attacked him. Violence of any kind is not tolerated within this market. Would you care to explain yourself?"

He looked at the knight, an calmly said, "I didn't see this man be attacked by anyone, or anything for that matter. He must be a looney." He didn't expect the knight to pay any attention to him, because of Devond being a Symenestra. He thought it was at least worth a shot to help this Jamoura.
One day, imagination will be the downfall of mankind.- Me
Devond Rose
Player

Words: 3305
Joined roleplay: April 24th, 2010, 11:02 pm
Race: Symenestra

Postby Jarth on April 26th, 2010, 8:51 pm

Apparently there was a larger difference between the species then he had first anticipated. By the way the Kelvic, or whatever the species was called, talked about this so called Symenestra it seemed as if he was not accepted. Of course he had known that there were differences among a species, but he had not expected anything on the level of racism. While he could have just been joking, it did not seem like Devond was comfortable with it. Jarth was also lost in what he meant by a 'cruel lover'. He supposed it had something to do with the hate attributed to his species. If that was not the case, he could not see what it would be. So far, the man had seemed quite civil. If humans truly judged and made prejudices on things as lowly as physical characteristics then that would be quite lowly. He would just have to ask Devond later about it for there seemed to be trouble brewing.

He heard someone moving through before he saw them. As he looked back into the crowd he saw the man who had run into him before with a guard. Well he assumed it was a guard at least. The man looked rather young, but he had no idea what the requirements were within this civilization. Either way, he hoped that the guard knew that he could not truly harm him. While Jarth had no intention of hurting him, he would hope that it did not come to that. Hopefully the guard would see rationally and no action would be needed to be taken. If it did come down to that though, he would have to try to be as gentle as possible. There was no need to crush the young man. He suspected that would not go too well with the city anyways.

When the man actually reached him and asked the question, he almost laughed. To think that these people knew so little about the Jamoura was quite humorous to him at the least. He was sure that the merchant had tried to rush the guard here, which would have also prevented him from thinking the situation through. If he had actually assaulted the merchant, he had a feeling that the merchant would never have been able to reach the guard let alone ten feet. He was far from a violent person at all. He actually had quite a distaste for violence in general, especially pointless violence. If the fighting was necessary and had a just cause, he had no quarrel with it. But, if people were fighting just to fight then he found quite a lack of ethics in it.

Before he could say anything for himself, though, Devond stood in his defense. He found that quite interesting. They had just barely met, yet he was still willing to stick out for the truth. That did not seem like a wise thing to do in a place that you were not welcome in. For that, he had to respect him. Whether it was for him or just for the truth in general, he found a showing of such character quite welcome. This only added to his questioning of the calling out by the other man. If they were truly racist against the Symenestra, then either this man was a bad example of the majority or they judged a minority. He was not much in the position to question or wonder at the fact. It seemed like he had a bit of dealings to fix. At the very least, he did not need people going around saying he had assaulted someone.

"I have assaulted no man,"
Jarth began," While this man did run into me, it was of his haste. I tried to calm him, but it seems that my efforts were in vain since you were called. I am truly sorry that this has been a waste of your time."

Jarth
A Seeker of Knowledge

Character sheet

Postby Skylar on April 26th, 2010, 8:57 pm

When the band of misfits and, to put it kindly, freaks, started banding together in the middle of the town square, Skylar did what most of the population did: He stayed out of it. All he thought was an idle: 'I've never been one of those Jamoura. Huh.' And then he gave it nothing else.

But then the guardsman approached and started demanding answers and things of that nature which on a good day bored Skylar and on a bad day infuriated him, he found himself obliged to intervene. In a moment the young human peasant was standing right between the guardsman and the ape and staring at the former. "I saw it, ser, I saw everything."

Skylar's current body didn't even come up to Kamrynn, and it certainly had nothing on Jarth's monumental height, but nevertheless Skylar stood tall and unperturbed about putting himself between two things that could easily kill him.

"The Jamoura did nothing wrong." Although ordinary words to the casual observer and even Kamrynn, what they really were were words with a little magic in them. It wasn't much, almost completely undetectable and a fairly weak hypnotic command: Just a simple suggestion to make the truth seem more palpable to Kamrynn. All it did was add a little 'oomph' to his statement and make Kamrynn believe him a little more than he might ordinarily.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!

Italics are hypnotic suggestions.
Skylar
O Existence, Let Me Be Known!

Words: 30581
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2010, 11:04 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Postby Xhost on April 26th, 2010, 9:44 pm

"Oh man, this day is turning into a doosey" Xhost thought to himself as the guard started questioning people and someone with a bad oder started testifying. Listening to Mr. Rose stick up for the ape made him wonder what kind of symenestra this was. The ape seemed flattered that someone here was on his side and didnt find him a freak. Xhost remembered that feeling....

"Well, now this is interesting,"Xhost started,"A giant ape, a symenestra, a guard, and a bad smelling man who strikes me as a nuit, and half the town crowded around here to watch. You would think this is a landsmeet of some sorts."

Xhost knew when too much was too much but he couldnt pass up something like this, and to him he was nowhere near the limit. Xhost never had much of a respect for authority so he had to watch how far he went with him but as for the others; he was spawned from magic just like this nuit-like guy and he had been a misfit in this town too, just never had been this obvious or had a smart-ass like himself to reveal him. Xhost couldnt help a tight smile from that thought.
Xhost
The Midnight Stalker

Next