Flashback Lets Go Camping! [Nij]

When a young Kiran finds an unsuspecting Nij she decides it's time to go camping and drags the girl along with her!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Lets Go Camping! [Nij]

Postby Kiran Pelyna on June 24th, 2012, 1:37 am

Timestamp: 13th of Summer, 512AV
Kiran whistled as she skipped through the city, climbing and descending steps as she went. She had nothing to do today, she had already hunted and brough back a few rabbits and a tiny deer the other day. She didn't necessarily have to go hunting again today, although she probably would. She wished, secretly, that she was still working. or out hunting, since the event people had been going to the Unforgiving more often, trying to understand the odd animals and plants. Kiran eventually managed to find her way back to her aerie and she packed all her necessities in a pack. She put in her clothes, underclothes, flint and steel, rations and toiletries. Tying her bedroll on top she was ready to go, but she had to find someone willing to go with her. She secretly didn't like the thought of going into the forest alone, while it would be peaceful Kiran didn't like the thought of being out there all alone. She wasn't planing on asking Pelyna to come along with her this time.

After all someone her size would be perfectly edible for any marauding carnivores with a hankering for human flesh. So she made sure her dagger was on her before she went out. She didn't have a bow or arrows yet, she hadn't made her mind up about which one she wanted to buy, so she just borrowed teachers bows or friends. She only had her dagger for protection.

She skipped away down the staircase and began looking around for likely candidates to trap into going camping with her. Most people were quite busy fixing what had fallen and getting rid of debris. She didn't bother asking any of them for their time, knowing she'd just be yelled or snapped at. And most adults wouldn't like a child coming along with them. Even if she was an Endal.

Kiran blew out air in an annoyed sigh when her golden eyes zoomed in on Nij. She beamed and hopped over to the girl, who was the same age as Kiran herself. Although the two girls were interested in different paths Kiran loved birds and most animals by association and Nij loved animals as well.

"Nij! We're going camping!" the charismatic young girl declared when she was close enough to the other girl.
Last edited by Kiran Pelyna on November 25th, 2012, 8:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Okay guys sorry I've been off for awhile, real life has this way of sneaking up on you. I'm not going to elaborate on what's going on in my life cause that's my business but know that I've got a lot on my plate and I had to take a step back from Mizahar. I'll being posting sporadically and I'm sorry. I'll get on when can.
Kiran Pelyna
The charismatic little sylph

Words: 52557
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2012, 9:32 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Lets Go Camping!

Postby Nij on June 24th, 2012, 7:10 am

How long had she known the girl? A few days, at the most. Only because she ended up in the Yasi section and ended up being confronted by her.

And she happened to be the unlucky one to get chosen for her 'wonderful' camping trip.

Oh dear goddess.

"We are? When was I going to be notified?" She dripped sarcasm, with a serious look on her face, before laughing. She enjoyed company with others her age, and she had to start working anyways. Collecting plants and such. Assessing the state of animals. Things like that. No biggie. Just the balance of an incredibly delicate ecosystem to take care of.

"I assume that you have stuff, so I won't bother to get mine. Where do you have in mind?" It was a polite question, and she had to get to know the surrounding around if she were going to help any. Maybe she could ask questions about local flora and fauna. She smoothed out her shirt, realizing how incredibly hot it was, but she ignored it for the time being. When market day came around, she could perhaps buy a Vinati, Bryda and some glass beads and feathers. She pushed that to the back of her mind, tuning back in to Kiran's chattering.
what is being conveyed in Nura | what is being spoken
Nij
i'm a wildfire.

Words: 33340
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2012, 3:23 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Lets Go Camping!

Postby Kiran Pelyna on June 25th, 2012, 7:08 pm

Kiran smiled at the other girl, one of those people who could actually take her.
"We'll I'm notifying you now, aren't I?" Kiran replied, and that seemed to be the only notification the girl deemed necessary. Besides as long as you could get the things you needed what more time did you need? Especially if you were an Avora dealing with plants. Kiran grinned at the girls laugh and grabbed her wrist and gently tugged her in the direction of the forest, eager to be gone and on this new adventure.

"We'r off to the Unforgiving! perhaps we can find a blue squirrel or a pink wolf. Or a plant that sings!" She was happy that their trip wouldn't even be delayed by Nij getting her things, although she did wonder where the girl would sleep. But for food she knew they'd be able to eat plants that Nij knew were edible, or set snares. Although she wasn't sure if Nij would like killing an animal.

So just roots then, and berries. Kiran could live on that surely.

Kiran looked over at Nij's clothing, outlandish compared to hers. And not very practical either.
"On market day I'm taking you shopping. You need some beads. And maybe we can find a bird with odd colored feathers for your hair, although birds are already colorful as it is. A Vinati would help you with this heat too." kiran mused out loud as they began the walk through the city and towards one of the trails to the city that the Inarta knew but most travelers were unaware of. it also worked as a way to get out of the city and it would keep them off of the treacherous main road that would be hard to navigate.

"So do you think the plants will be edible?" Kiran inquired.

Okay guys sorry I've been off for awhile, real life has this way of sneaking up on you. I'm not going to elaborate on what's going on in my life cause that's my business but know that I've got a lot on my plate and I had to take a step back from Mizahar. I'll being posting sporadically and I'm sorry. I'll get on when can.
Kiran Pelyna

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Lets Go Camping!

Postby Nij on June 26th, 2012, 9:47 pm

Finding a multi-coloured animal could be fun. A singing flower? Borderline creepy, but she wouldn't mind it all that much. Of course, she would most likely kill a multi-coloured animal. It would put them out of their misery. A colourful animal wouldn't have the camouflage to hunt, or it wouldn't be able to blend into the forest. That could already make it dead, unless it had somehow figured out how to survive despite the obvious deformities. Either way, she'd still want to eradicate the Unforgiving of any signs of the Wild Djed that had run rampant.

She was brought back to her thoughts by Kiran, still speaking. She was talking about...talking her to the market on market day and buying her all these things? That was...incredibly generous. Especially since she didn't know how market day went around here, or how to really buy things, or anything. Perhaps Kiran could show her around more. That would be lovely. This girl was...so nice. So incredibly nice. She didn't know it was possible for someone to be so nice and to everyone. And offering to buy her things? Well, she'd probably pay her back anyways. But she had only known this girl for, what, a few days?

"That would be nice. Thank you. And about the plants...probably. Animals need to eat, and I ate plants on my way here."

oocThere's only one road out and in, and that's Sanikas Road. I don't think there's any others. :)
Nij
i'm a wildfire.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Lets Go Camping!

Postby Kiran Pelyna on June 30th, 2012, 2:04 am

Kiran practically skipped on the way to the gate. She eventually turned so she was walking backwards and smiled at Nij, she had been looking forward to a trip like this for ages! While she might go at her work with admirable determination she didn't necessarily enjoy hard labor, who really did? So this was a form of vacation, and a small adventure mixed into it as well. There would be so many effected creatures out there, who knew what might happen? The mystery surrounding the Djed infected creatures piqued Kiran's interest and she wanted to be in the forest now.

She waved at the gatekeeper as they made their way through.

"You girls sure you want to head to the forest?" The man asked and Kiran just laughed and continued on, the man looked on with worry. He wasn't so sure if the two young girls could survive on their own in the Unforgiving but he permitted them through, they were going about on a work related trip. Plus they did need to know more about the plants and animals that were affected. He just didn't like that it was two little girls who were going.

Kiran was unaffected by the mans thoughts, she wouldn't have cared too much even if she could hear them. She had a destination and a goal in mind and she was going to see it through, heavens help anyone in her way!

She turned back towards Nij, now she slowed down and watched where she put her feet. She knew that it was treacherous footing now since the storm so she had to be careful to not get herself killed walking.

"Good, we don't need to be eating some blackberries and then turning into monsters! And if we can eat plants, or even an animal meat if you want to eat an animal I'm good with just plants, then it won't take a lot out of our rations. And you never know when you might need rations!" she said, babbling on. Most people would assume that babbling was a cover for nervousness or some other feeling. And it might have been, for Kiran would babble if she was nervous but now she was talking so much because of her excitement at a new 'adventure' and a new friend to share it with.
oocYour right! Oopsies! And Kiran isn't that nice, she can be mean too you know! :)

Kiran Pelyna

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Lets Go Camping!

Postby Nij on June 30th, 2012, 8:56 pm

OOCSorry for a short post! I felt like I got everything important, though. e_e"

She trailed along behind Kiran, ignoring most of her babbling. Instead, she felt content to listen to the whisper of the trees in the slight breeze, or the ruffle of grass and sticks and rocks under their feet.

"We can't just eat anything, you know. Some are horribly effected by wild djed. Some streams are contaminated. But as long as you stay with me, and don't run off, we won't be attacked by any animals. Please keep that in mind." It was a fair warning, and it was fair that Nij had remembered to tell her this. If the girl ran off, there was no telling what would happen to her. She was lucky enough that nothing would attack her, but Kiran...she couldn't make any promises unless she stayed close.
Nij
i'm a wildfire.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Lets Go Camping!

Postby Kiran Pelyna on July 3rd, 2012, 2:27 pm

A bit put out that she couldn't eat just anything she wanted, and probably a little bit frightened too. Kiran's attitude became a bit more serious.
Perhaps the ideas of the dangers hadn't been as prevalent in her mind until she was warned by Nij, who acted much like an adult. Horror images of grotesque creatures and man eating plants flew through her mind for a moment before they dissipated. She walked a little bit closer to Nij. She hoped that the other girl would be able to ask the animals to leave them be.

Or to jump into the stew pot, but that might cause issue's with her conscience.

She nodded, agreeing to stay close. Besides she had more combat training than Nij did. She supposed it was a good match for a forest foray. One girl who knew what to eat, what not to eat, and how to tell dangerous animals to stay away. And the other girl who knew how to use a dagger to keep away enemies.

Kiran Pelyna

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Lets Go Camping!

Postby Nij on October 17th, 2012, 9:47 pm

Kiran had this horrific look on her face. Like, she was afraid a rabid bear-snake-goat would attack them and put them in a stew. Didn't she know that nothing would attack? Nothing. Not a bear, not a snake, not a goat, not a man eating plant...they were safe from animals. Maybe not rock slides and crumbling mountain, but they'd try to be safe. They descended into the tree line, and Nij decided to finally reply.

"They won't attack us, you know." The only precursor to her saying this was the worried look on Kiran's face, as if a two-headed deer seeking revenge on the Inarta was about to jump out of the bushes.
Nij
i'm a wildfire.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Lets Go Camping!

Postby Kiran Pelyna on November 25th, 2012, 1:17 am

Nij was looking at Kiran with a slightly amused, slightly exasperated expression on her face.
Suddenly Kiran's face got a slightly far away look to it, the sure sign of mindspeech. Pelyna was making his presence known, he had heard his riders decision to wander out into the wilderness. Without him, apparently.
"You weren't planing on leaving without me, were you? he asked, his voice holding a slight tinge of grogginess. Her eagle was always woke up much later than she did. Kiran woke with the sunrise and was loathe to lose any of the day. After all that was wasting precious moments of her life. She could be out learning more with fighting, learning new skills, with her birds, or even out flying. What if because she was sleeping she lost out on a chance to go on some adventure or another?

"Of course I wasn't Pelyna! How dare you think such a thing, could you get a dek to put my glaive, long bow, and longbow arrows on you? Make sure they put everything on you necessary, I'm not sure how long we'll be out there or what we'll need. Kiran made her request as cheerily as she made her admonishment of planning on leaving her closest friend behind. Pelyna sent her an affirmative and so Kiran stopped and gave Nij a smile.
"If you're willing to wait we can ride Pelyna down to the forest, if you don't want to wait we can walk down there and he'll catch up!"

She finally took in what Nij had said, about them not getting attacked. She blushed, well how was she to know? She'd been chased by rather large bears before and the hunting before last some weird cat-deer-wolf mixture. It was disturbing. And pink. Which was probably the worst part. What kind of atrocity was pink? She had killed it with a few arrows, but it had shaken her. Such a distorted creature, it scared her. She shuddered thinking about it.

Kiran Pelyna

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets