Completed Winter Herbs and Raptor Feathers (Orion)

Ayanna upsets some birds in her visit to the Bronze Woods and attracts the attention of a nearby doctor

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Winter Herbs and Raptor Feathers (Orion)

Postby Ayanna on January 29th, 2013, 2:07 am

Timestamp: 25th of Winter 512 AV

Ayanna was getting sick of this city. Sure it was better than some of the places she had been in, but still being looked at suspiciously by nearly every person you saw, and that was one of the better expressions for a Symenestra to receive, grated on someone pretty badly. Several days in Ayanna had noticed she could enter and leave the city without too much trouble and had found the Bronze Woods, she had made a habit of going to it often. At least there she didn't have people sneering at her, or making rude gestures and comments. Or asking cruel questions about her family and body.

Here she could forget for a little bit that she was hated by most and distrusted by the rest.

So Ayanna had made her way out towards the woods in the early morning, when the sunlight was weak. It was actually still dark when she headed out, but to her it was a perfectly reasonable light outside.

She reached the woods with little trouble, no people tried to stop her or make fun of her, there wasn't really too many people out. She kept her hood down until she passed the gate, best to not make the guards or knights suspicious. She stood no chance against them if they decided she was suspicious enough to confront. She glided through the streets though like a ghost, anyone watching her would have a hard time figuring out if her feet actually touched the earth.

So Ayanna made her way to the woods unhindered, gliding like a spirit over brush and brambles, stopping a few times to pick plant life off her clothes before resuming her walk, she kept fairly close tot eh road until she got within view of the woods, which was where she headed off in a different direction. She had to pass a few trees before she could climb into one, she wanted to be close enough to other trees that she could simply walk or jump to another branch, she could traverse deeply into the woods in this manner and most hunters didn't notice her. Luckily she had yet to run into any of the treetop hunters, but luck doesn't always hold out.

Ayanna scaled the tree with little difficulty even with the light frost still clinging to its body. She didn't even truly bothering with the limbs of the tree for help, her hands stuck to the tree in the manner familiar to any Symenestra and her thin sandals were easy to remove. She did leave a trail of nail indents where she had gripped the tree with her claws to make climbing easier. Ayanna eventually got to the height she wanted, she was much higher than any human would be able to get, her light weight making it possible for the tree to hold her at it's weaker points.

Ayanna lounged in a limb, cuddled in her warm cloak, her feet drawn close to her body for warmth. She looked out at the predawn landscape where birds were beginning to sing their songs and the night creatures were abdicating their land to the day-walkers. The world was coated in the lightest layer of frost, it made the world glisten like stardust had been rained down upon it. It was almost ethereal to look out at the world.

She sighed, content in the high, precarious perch in the darkness. It was almost like home.

She sat there for bells, just enjoying this. Her stomach however wasn't content with that, it wanted food. Making it's displeasure known Ayanna sighed and began to move, with where she was she'd probably end up getting some sort of bird. Seeing as fruit didn't grow in the winter.

Beauty's sister is vanity,
and in this world it is the only place to turn
when I am forever judged on my
appearance.

Okay guys sorry I've been off for awhile, real life has this way of sneaking up on you. I'm not going to elaborate on what's going on in my life cause that's my business but know that I've got a lot on my plate and I had to take a step back from Mizahar. I'll being posting sporadically and I'm sorry. I'll get on when can.
Ayanna
Player

Words: 46176
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2012, 3:06 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Orion Michaels on February 2nd, 2013, 5:01 am

Orion

Another day, another miza. That what Orion could always tell himself. Whether it was diagnosing a sickness, setting a bone, or giving a massage, it was always work. Sometimes a man just needed a break, and occasionally the doctor would find that break outside the city walls. They could be suffocating at times, and the freedom that the forest offered would offer that reprieve. Besides, every time that Orion went outside the city something crazy had happened.

Rosemary was the name of the game today. Before leaving, Orion had referenced his book on herbs to see what could still grow in the frosty conditions. He studies showed that rosemary, a memory improving plant, could survive several degrees below freezing, perfect for the current weather. Bundling up in his cloak, Orion packed his medical equipment in his backpack as his usual precaution before heading for the gates.

Always careful to stay close to the road, step by step he ventured, eyes peeled, searching for the familiar herb. It grew in the wild, but was more likely to appear in areas where the sunlight could get through unhindered. Too thick of canopy would not allow for the life giving light they required. Trained eyes scanned the brush, studying the frost kissed greens for signs of his target, but it appeared fortune didn't intend to smile upon him this day.

An all too common theme had developed when he'd had some unsuccessful trips to the woods. He would stray from the road. For as bright as Orion was, sometimes his judgement could lack. Being alone in the woods was never a good call. Yet over and over Orion put himself in that position.

Leaves giving way underneath his feet were the only sound the blue eyed man could perceive as he moved onward. It was unnerving. The forest was supposed to be a place of life. Creatures roaming around, birds singing. Even though it was winter, Syliras had mostly mild ones.

His desire for a sound quickly changed when he heard a growl from above him. Something had been waiting for him, so here is where he would die, it seemed. "Oh gods," he exclaimed, diving to the ground and covering his head. This was it. Orion Michaels, dead in the woods. He deserved it, after all. He'd had every chance in the world with his repeated trips out here.

When death didn't come for him, the physician slowly turned over, looking up above him. High above in the trees there was a...a woman? Orion simply waited, flabbergasted. "How...how in the world did you get up there?" He muttered to himself, squinting to try and get a better view of who it was. They were so far up in the tree that it didn't seem like it should be able to support her. Was it magic? Or something else?

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ayanna on February 3rd, 2013, 11:47 pm

Ayanna didn't notice the man far below her, she was used to animals making odd noises under her tree as she sat there. The man didn't yell at her to garner her attention either, she had exceptional sight, not hearing. And her sight was at the moment locked on a nest a few trees over. She descended a few limbs until she reached one that nearly touched the tree she was on. She stood up and carefully edged her way to as far on the branch as she could go without it breaking. She bunched her legs and then flung herself off the branch. She flew through the air for a few moments, the wind catching and snagging at her hair as her body arced through it. But her brief moment of flight ended as she descened at a fast pace towards the ground. Her hands shot out to wrap around the first branch they touched. The bark tore at her flesh but she had been prepared for this. Her hands stuck tightly to the bark regardless and her claws dug in as her feet scrambled to hold onto the branch under her.

Aya swung her body with a straining of muscles not used to doing this kind of work until she could throw herself lightly onto a strong branch near the one she had been hanging on to. She landed in a crouch. her claws sinking into the wood of the tree and her skin held tight to the wood. It was a dangerous thing what she was doing, but nothing she hadn't done in her home city of Kalinor. There it was only fabric keeping you from a dark abyss filled with monsters. Here at least their were trees, and she could see the ground.

Ayanna made her way through the tree, stepping on branches with a lithe inborn grace. She climbed both up and down as she navigated through the large tree until she reached a place it's branched overlapped those of it's neighbor. No flying acrobatics this time, she could simply walk over to the tree where the nest she wanted was. Unbeknownst to her was the nature of the nest, it was a hawks nest. And hawks did not take kindly to egg eaters. Ayanna had just wrapped her hand around one egg when the mother descended upon her, all shrieks and talons.

The raptors large wings beat into the poor Symenestra and it's claws raked down her skin pulling open gashes that bled profusely and felt like strings of fire had been laced on her skin. Ayanna screamed in pain and anger as she lashed out blindly with her own claws, tearing a gash in the birds chest. Feathers fell around them as he claws tore them from the hawk. They fluttered to the ground like brown snowfall. The bird, surprised and hurt, pulled back with a shriek of pain and anger. That was long enough for Aya to get away. She fled down the tree with a dangerous speed until she reached the ground, the egg still clutched firmly in her right hand. the birds shrieks of anger followed her. The bird wouldn't attack her again, not after such a wound.

She started to run away, towards the city, when she rammed into a hard body. She fell to the ground and looked up, and up, and up some more. Her eyes traveled over the light beard and finally locked onto piercing blue eyes.

appearance.

Okay guys sorry I've been off for awhile, real life has this way of sneaking up on you. I'm not going to elaborate on what's going on in my life cause that's my business but know that I've got a lot on my plate and I had to take a step back from Mizahar. I'll being posting sporadically and I'm sorry. I'll get on when can.
Ayanna
Player

Character sheet

Postby Orion Michaels on February 15th, 2013, 8:58 pm

Orion

Orion watched with interest as the being moved with purpose. It was focused on something, and the doctor was thankful it wasn’t him. They moved gracefully, with poise and precision cross the branches, almost with alarming speed. Out further and further they went on a branch, causing Orion to move slowly in order to keep view on them. “Absurd…..” He raised an eyebrow as they neared the edge of the branch. A human of any weight would have snapped that by now, but it was barely bowing under their pressure. Muscles tensed and then suddenly the person was airborne. Orion’s eyes widened in shock as he watched the figure glide through the sky. With hair flowing and a slender frame, it was serenely beautiful.

The doctor jogged slowly in order to keep up with who he now figured was a woman. There was no way he couldn’t find out more. With his interest piqued, he maneuvered into position to keep eyes on her. The way she climbed the tree with such ease was mesmerizing, but what was she doing? All he could do was continue to watch, not wanting to alert her to his existence. If she were friendly, it wouldn’t be bad. But if she were hostile, he knew he’d not be able to lose her, and given his track record in the Bronze Woods. . .

Orion couldn’t tell what she was doing, but when a bird began its assault on the woman, he could only imagine. In a flash she lashed out and routed her attacked, but it took only moments for her to retreat down the tree. Orion froze, unable to react to her unexpected speed, and she didn’t seem to see him directly in his path.

The collision was unavoidable.

The blue eyed man was sent sprawling to the ground with the unexpected force of their meeting. “Gods!” He exclaimed in protest, turning his attention on the woman, ready to explain to her just why she needed to watch her surroundings, but as his eyes rested on her, words escaped him. Perfect snow kissed skin, amythest eyes, and an uncomfortably elongated frame.

Their gazes met, his mouth opened slightly to speak, but for a moment no words came. She was unlike any creature he’d ever seen. What was she?

“A-are you okay?” He finally force the words out, turning away to hide flushed cheeks from view.

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ayanna on February 18th, 2013, 1:28 am

Ayanna was sprawled on top of the man, and from where she was she could tell he was probably much taller than she. She pressed her free hand to the ground and pushed herself off of him, wincing as the movement pulled at the gashes on her arm. She hand a light scratch on her face but her arms were bleeding badly from the raptor's talons.

Ayanna smiled nervously at him, self conscious as always of how awful she must look. She looked hideous normally, how must she look now with blood gashes all over her arms and forest litter in her hair and clothes.

The man did something that surprised the Symenestra, he blushed. Men rarely blushed around her but she did know what it meant. She smiled a light smile and pushed herself off of him to sit next to his prone form on the ground.

Sorry about that, sir." she apologized, holding the egg closer to her and running a clawed hand through mussed up hair. When her hand descended it reached towards where her mirror was hidden. She pulled it out and checked her image, and grimaced. The scratch on her face was bleeding. She reached out a claw to touch it and winced. It hurt. Her hair was full of leaves and she looked like a mess. She put the mirror away again and sighed.

She looekd down at her bleeding arms and shook her head at the man.
"I'm afraid I'm not okay at all sir." she replied, her voice soft and whispery as she looked at the blood. She was no stranger to blood, she was a Symenestra. She worshiped the god of blood. But to see it coming out of your own body was...odd. She felt her vision swim for a moment and she moved to look away. She avoided close combat so she rarely saw her own blood. And never in such a large quantity.

Was she in danger? How much could she lose?
"I-I think I need help." her voice was even quieter now as she avoided looking at her arms, instead she looked towards the man. Her violet eyes locked with his. Her arms were hurting something bad, although she'd dealt with broken bones before and she wasn't unused it pain so she tried her best to push it away. But it felt like fire on her skin. Her eyes watered a little as she sat there longer in the pain.

appearance.

Ayanna
Player

Character sheet

Postby Orion Michaels on February 18th, 2013, 5:29 am

Orion

Orion didn't move as the woman pushed herself gingerly from him. Her milky white skin was covered in scratches, cuts, and gashes. Slowly, but surely, several streams of blood gently flowed forth, stark in contrast to her pale complexion. The nervous smile was unnerving, giving the doctor his first look at the sharp fangs of the Symenstra woman. A knot quickly formed in his throat, his eyes widening slightly. What in the petch are you?

Sir, she called him, apologizing for causing their collision. If he hadn't been gawking awkwardly at her, though, the whole situation could have been avoided. "No, no, you're q-quite alright," he stammered, sitting up as she produce a mirror from her possessions. It appeared that all women were really the same, regardless of race. It was clear that this beauty wasn't human, but still she checked herself to make sure she was proper.

"Looks like you had a rough go of things. Was all of it for that egg?" He frowned as she quietly responded to his inquiry. It was a little nasty gash, but gods, was it really the end of the world? By her reaction, Orion would have thought so. "If you were so hungry, you could have come into Syliras. Someone like me wouldn't have been able to resist taking you out for a dinner," he said lightly, removing his pack from his shoulders. "You're a lucky woman. Of all the people to run into out here, you've come across a physician."

Out of the pack came bandages, and small containers of various colored liquids. "I'll treat you right up, alright? It'll be okay." Reassuringly, he gently put his hand on her shoulder. "I'm one of the best Syliras has to offer for this kinda thing. Wipe those tears away. It's no good for a pretty little face like yours."

...What was he flirting with, exactly?

Get to work, Orion.

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ayanna on March 5th, 2013, 11:49 pm

Ayanna saw his eyes widen as her own flicked over his face. Of course, he was gaping at how hideous she looked. She was something to be despised. She pulled back even farther and turned her face away, letting her hair fall into her face and shield it. Like a shield of hair was strong enough to protect her.

Her eyes flicked up again when he replied. He had a nice voice, rather masculine. And the best part was it wasn't hurling insults her way. Which she didn't entirely understand. She had just run into him, shouldn't he be mad? She flicked her hair back to give him a curious look. Odd man.

Aya clutched the egg closer to her. She quite liked getting her own food for herself. Besides she hadn't planned on hunting that day, but she just happened to be hungry and see the egg. Why walk all the way back to Syliras to get food when there was a nest right there?

"I was hungry now." she replied. But soon after the words left her mouth her eyes widened, she hadn't fully understood the second part of his statement. It was so odd to hear it directed at her; she hadn't been flirted with in years. Her mind had skipped over it in favor of the parts of his commentary that could be easily understood.

Now she blushed furiously and hid her face again, suddenly very shy. Why would this man flirt with her? Was it a joke? Laugh at the Symenestra when someone flirts with her and she thinks its real? She didn't need to ask herself if people really were that cruel. She knew they were. Another thought wormed its way into her thought though. What if he was being honest in his flirting? What if he honestly found her attractive?

What an absurd idea.

His voice dragged her out of her melancholy and pessimistic thoughts though. He was a physician? What odd luck. And he wasn't lying either, she watched as he took out bandages and odd liquids. Her face changed a little as she watched, a hunger replaced some of her sadness. She wanted to know what they were for, what all the liquids did. What happens if you mix some of them together? What were all their names? Where could she find some? Her furious questions running rampant in her mind were stalled as a large, warm hand was laid on her shoulder. She stiffened. She was not used to human contact like this, let alone from someone she hardly knew. She was very delicate and as a result was very cautious of touches, usually people sneaking to touch her sought to break her.

She forced herself to relax a little though, no need to anger the doctor who was going to help her by being rude. Besides if she made him mad he'd never answer all her questions.

She blushed a his second compliment and her gemstone eyes sought his furiously, looking for any hint of mischievousness or malice. She found none. The compliments, seeming to be out of truth not hidden cruelty were making her lighten up, her tears had ceased.

"What are these?" she asked, looking away from her, the question was partially to get his attention away from her and to direct the conversation from her and partly because she really did want to know. She was ever curious about everything. She held out one scratched and gashed arm out for him to treat as she stared at the bottles, her eyes every now and again flicking up to his and then quickly looking down again, a blush coloring her face every time. She wanted to ask to hold one, to examine it some but she knew he wouldn't let her. Why would he?

appearance.

Ayanna
Player

Character sheet

Postby Radiant on September 11th, 2013, 5:44 pm

Orion :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +2 XP
Socialization +1 XP
Running +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Needing A Break Outside The Walls
Rosemary: Memory-Improving Plant
Woman On A Tree: How Did She Get There?
An Absurdly Graceful Human(?)

Loots

Notes :
Another fizzled-out thread. :( Oh well... I gave what I could. :)

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)