Closed [The Silver Sliver] An exchange of beliefs? (Valerius)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[The Silver Sliver] An exchange of beliefs? (Valerius)

Postby Tanjun Vorot on July 9th, 2012, 8:34 pm

7th Summer, 512 AV

It was an uneventful day for Tanjun. Not only did her shopping go bad, some people even went as far as to call her a guy. She had originally went out to get some spices and some food to try her hand at cooking again, but in the end, even though she wanted it, she had to preserve her money for now. It would be bad if she ruined good meat and spices again. The memory of her first attempt still horrified her. She managed to burn the meat in such a way that it was burned on the outside and still raw from the inside.

So after an unfruitful trip to the market, the little woman head over to the Silver Sliver. Perhaps a bit of wine could help her settle down a bit. Lately it seemed as if she was coming here more often. Perhaps this was because she was hoping to see her brother, but each time she was betrayed and he didn't show up. Yet despite this, she still kept on going. "Bro, where are you? I wanna see you so badly right now.", she thought to herself as she placed her Zanbatou against the table and took place on a chair outside.

After one of the waitresses came over, before she could ask Tanjun said: "One pitcher of common wine. Preferably sweet wine." The waitress, one that hadn't seen Tanjun yet, gave her a strange look, but she couldn't complain. A customer was a customer and as long as they had the mizas to pay for what they ordered, who was she to judge what twelve year olds wanted.
As the waitress walked off, Tanjun dropped her head on the table. It seemed that she was just tired all of the time. She knew that she was just worried about her brother, even more so that some woman might steal him away when she wasn't around to protect him.
I'm smiling, so you might want to start running.
Tanjun Vorot
See my gentle mask?

Words: 39678
Joined roleplay: March 25th, 2012, 1:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on July 13th, 2012, 5:23 am

Sometimes even a man like Valerius Nitrozian who belonged to one of the wealthiest, most influential families of Ravok felt the need to visit a tavern and have a drink. Normally he would go to Yae Varone’s, but as great as her little cafe was, there was a distinct lack of decent alcoholic beverages, and as it was he felt like drinking wine. His dear aunt Amanada, head researcher of the KRI, had made him clean even more cages than usual. He almost had the impression that the woman enjoyed making him do slave work because she knew that he hated it.

Cleaning cages or not, the Nitrozian was always dressed impeccably so that there was no doubt about the fact that he was an important person. Since the Silver Sliver was located on the Nitrozian Plaza, very close to where he lived, a few of the patrons recognized him as he entered and greeted him. Even though his personality was questionable at times, it was better to stay on his good side.

He was just about to walk over to the bar and order his wine when he noticed her – at least he thought it was a young woman, although she had a distinct lack of curves. He frowned as he took a closer look at the weapon that leaned against the table, a weapon that was bigger than her. Since when did they let children play with such things? He hadn’t heard of any escapes from the insane asylum recently!

Still frowning – there was something about that tiny girl, tiredly leaning her head on the table that irritated him – he approached her and wondered, „Where did you get that glaive from? Don’t you know that it’s dangerous to play with such weapons?“
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Words: 470233
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 6:39 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Tanjun Vorot on July 13th, 2012, 8:54 am

Tanjun wasn't paying much attention to her surroundings. She was just waiting for the maid to come back with the wine she ordered. This is why she didn't notice the guy closing up on her.
„Where did you get that glaive from? Don’t you know that it’s dangerous to play with such weapons?“. That was a line she heard too often and pissed her off to no end. Lifting her head, her face showed how pissed off she was. "Excuse me, but how old do you think I am, petching yerk.", she bit at him.

Just then the maid came back with the pitcher Tanjun had ordered. She had overheard how pissed the girl was and decided to just put the pitcher and glass down, saying: "Here's your wine, miss." She had guessed Tanjun's gender by the pitch of her voice, which was a good thing for her.

"If you have no more business with me, yerk, go take a hike. I ain't interested in guys, the only person for me is my brother.".
Tanjun then took the glass and poored herself some wine. "Why does every petching cowshyke mistake me for a kid. I'm clearly an adult already...... ", she thought to herself.

"Oh right, if you came here to show off, please leave immediately. I hate people like you that flaunt as if saying: "Hah, I'm better then you guys and you're not even worth my time.", her voice was getting increasingly spiteful. "Let me guess, you were born into a wealthy family blablabla, never knew a hard days work and had mommy and daddy do everything for you. Yugh, you disgust me."

The girl didn't notice any of the other patrons' looks as she let out all of her frustrations upon the guy that insulted her. Perhaps she should've been a bit more careful, but what happened, has happened and is now in the past. One cannot change history, no matter how much they'd want it... or at least, that's what Tanjun believes.
Tanjun Vorot
See my gentle mask?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on July 16th, 2012, 1:45 pm

At first Valerius stared at her because he couldn’t believe what he had just heard. Nobody had ever dared to talk to him – a Nitrozian – like that before, nobody but that madwoman Tock, but Tock was far away, and this girl didn’t look as if she was related to her – or was she?

After a few moments he opened his mouth as if he wanted to say something, but it was just then that the maid arrived, a pitcher of wine in hand. The Nitrozian closed his mouth again, took a step back and frowned slightly Did this girl, this insane little girl intend to empty the whole pitcher?

„I didn’t say anything about your age“, he informed her. It seemed as if she wasn’t only a drunkard and rude, she was also forgetful. „But I assume you are a little younger than I am, somewhere in your teens.“

As she informed him that she wasn’t interested in guys, he arched an eyebrow and innocently wondered, „So you are a lesbian? Is that lovely maid that just served your wine more like your type? Rest assured, I have absolutely no interest in your kind.“

While she was getting angrier with every passing second, the Nitrozian just looked at her coldly, and then, as she said that he disgusted her he raised his hand as if to slap her, but pulled it back again abruptly. He wouldn’t lower himself to that level and hurt a woman, even if it looked as if she would benefit from a good beating. He had good manners.

„Do not make assumtions about somebody that you have just met“, he warned her. „You might regret it. I might be somebody important. I might be affiliated with the Ebonstryfe or the Black Sun and decide to hand you over to them because you are a danger to society.“

„Now tell me, where did you get that weapon and who is that brother you’ve mentioned?“
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Tanjun Vorot on July 16th, 2012, 6:01 pm

The comment about being a lesbian didn't escape Tanjun's attention. The former parts she didn't want to hear and thus she didn't hear them. "I ain't some lesbian, in fact most women just piss me off. And as I said I'm only interested in my brother, so piss off.", she bit at the annoying guy.

Seeing how the guy raised his hand to hit her, Tanjun smirked. "Wanna hit me? Go ahead, but it ain't my fault if you end up losing a limb... or two. Come on then, or are you too scared?", she started taunting. The girl's voice started to get something childish, like when kids taunt each other into doing stuff. "I guess someone fed by a silver spoon just doesn't have the guts to hit others. Too much of a pansy. You know, women won't like you at that rate, you wanna die alone?"

The last question Valerius asked struck a bad nerve. Where did he get the right to demand an answer like that? That question sounded more like an order. "Trying to sound like a bigshot ain't gonna help you, jackass. As I said I don't give a rats ass about you. If you were Ebonstryfe or with the Black Sun, you would at least carry some proof of it. So either you show that proof right now, leave, or leave in pieces. It's your choice"
Tanjun Vorot
See my gentle mask?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on July 20th, 2012, 7:46 pm

„Incest then“, Valerius concluded as Tanjun informed him that she was only interested in her brother and smirked. „Tell me, do such incliniations run in your family? Were your parents related as well? And do you always try so hard to make complete strangers hate you?“

As she told him to piss off, he furrowed his brow for a moment as if he were considering her request and then he told her, „No. We are in the Nitrozian Plaza, and I’m a Nitrozian, so I’m afraid you can’t tell me to leave. As for women not liking me, I honestly don’t care.“

He shrugged his shoulders. He didn’t need anybody to like him, especially not women.

„I might lose a limb, but you’ll most likely lose your life because most of the people here are on my side. I’m afraid I am bigshot. If you want proof of my affiliation with the Black Sun and the Ebonstryfe, the Nitrozian Estate is right outside this tavern. Several members of my family occupy high ranks within those organizations, and I’m about to become a member as well.“

As he continued to listen to her, he came to the decision that she was much worse than Tock. Tock had been stubborn, she had had bad manners and an annoying habit to talk back, but her comments had at least been halfway creative, and she’d made that magical box for him.

This girl on the other hand just seemed to have a death wish, and he wasn’t sure whether he should just take her to the Ebonstryfe or do as she had asked and hit her.

He decided to hit her and hoped that it would shut her up. He didn’t want to be responsible for a death in the Silver Sliver. It just didn’t have style, and it was highly unnecessary besides.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Tanjun Vorot on August 6th, 2012, 8:25 pm

Hold on... Nitrozian? She had heard of them. Of course she didn't hear much of it, because most information that had no relation with her brother went in on ear and out the other. From what she could notice was that it was quite an influential family. Maybe Tanjun had made a small mistake trying to piss the guy off. Because she was a bit surprised that the guy was actually quite influential, she didn't see the hit coming. Only after Valerius' hand connected with Tan's face, did she notice it.

"Eh... you mean... you are really... influential?", she asked in disbelief. If she had realized this sooner, she wouldn't have tried to piss this guy off so badly. "Oh bloody hell. I may be in deep shyke now. I really messed up this time., she thought to herself.

Putting up an innocent smile, she asked: "Eh... would you please ehm.... forgive my rudeness? I eh... didn't really mean it." The small girl turned totally apologetic now. She really didn't want to blow up her chances with the ebonstryfe just yet. "Want some wine? I'll share.", she offered.

oocSrry for the delay of the reply.
Tanjun Vorot
See my gentle mask?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on August 24th, 2012, 3:43 am

Valerius was just about to do something very unpleasant to Tanjun as slapping her seemed to have had little effect on her and was what she had been asking for besides when she abruptly stopped being insane. His eyes widened. He had never seen anybody who was able to go from mad to normal within the matter of seconds. He was half tempted to drag her to the Ebonstryfe despite that change (or because of it) to study her brain.

„I’m very influential“, he confirmed proudly. Status was everything to him „So you really shouldn’t have reacted like that when all I did was ask a question. I have to admit, I’m in a bad mood now. Still, I’m inclined to forgive you. You really didn’t know who I am after all. Would you mind telling me about your weapon – and your brother now?“

That was the only reason why he considered forgiving her for not recognizing him as a Nitrozian. He was still curious about those things. Normally young women didn’t have such huge weapons.

„Wine would be appreciated“, he continued and sat down as if he had never slapped her and accused her of incest. „Is it red wine? That’s what I prefer.“
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Tanjun Vorot on August 30th, 2012, 7:58 am

Seeing the man be proud of his status almost made the girl hurl. Why was he flaunting with it like that? Didn't he realize that she totally hated that? Unfortunately she couldn't lash out at him anymore. She didn't really want to get into trouble as it would most likely trouble her brother too.

"This is my weapon of choice. I bought it myself and had it shortened. Oh, and how old do you think I am?" She expected that he'd answer with an age which was quite a bit lower then her own. "My brother isn't in Ravok right now, he's out on a job... He's cool, handsome, kind, modest and just generally a really good man. Unlike you.", she spoke that last bit quite softly. She couldn't help but insult the guy in front of her again, but this time tried to at least hide it a little.

"It's red, I don't like it white. Could you tell me a bit more about yourself now? I don't like having to be the only one talking." Tanjun didn't like having to lay bare her own life without the other doing that as well.
Tanjun Vorot
See my gentle mask?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on September 5th, 2012, 4:59 am

No, Valerius didn’t realize that she hated the fact that he flaunted his status. And if he did realize it, he likely wouldn’t care. He also looked at her somewhat incredulously as she informed him that she had had her weapon shortened.

„So how long was it?“ he wanted to know. „And why didn’t you just buy a short weapon? It would have been cheaper and made more sense. As for your age, sixteen? Seventeen? I’m unfortunately quite bad at judging people’s age. You are short and immature, so I really cannot tell.“

He shrugged his shoulders, indifferent towards the fact that he had likely just insulted her further.

He was just telling the truth.

As she told him what her brother was like, he furrowed his brow. Cool and handsome sounded like somebody that was potentially worth getting to know, but people that were cool and handsome in her opinion were likely just ugly, mentally retarted criminals.

„What is his job? I assume it’s nothing illegal?“

He arched an eyebrow, assuming of course that the man was involved in questionable activities.

As she said something about him not being a good man, he smiled very lightly. He wasn’t offended at all. As far as he was concerned she had just made a compliment „I never claimed that I was. Good men tend to be boring and not accomplish anything in life.“

Pouring himself a glass of wine, he began to talk about himself. Valerius Nitrozian enjoyed talking about himself, even to people he had hit and almost dragged to the Ebonstryfe moments earlier.

„My name is of course Valerius Nitrozian. I’m a graduate of the famous University of Zeltiva and an assistant to Amanda Nitrozian, the head researcher of the KRI. Besides that I’m a future member of the Black Sun and maintain excellent connections to both the Black Sun and the Ebonstryfe as I’ve already hinted at.“

„Do you have any connections here … what is your name anyway? I can’t remember that you’ve already introduced yourself.“
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes