[Location] Yvette’s Dresses For All Occasions

For all your fashion needs.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Paragon on July 16th, 2012, 10:45 pm

Yvette's Dresses For

All Occasions

ImageA high end dress shop located on West Street. Yvette’s caters to Zeltiva's upper class, providing custom made dresses for ladies of distinction. Yvette prides herself on developing styles that are unique to Zeltivan fashion, and her wares are trend-setters among Zeltiva’s small but prestigious upper class. It is very common to see her designs gracing some of the wealthier professors at Zeltiva University, or the daughters of some of Zeltiva’s wealthier merchant sailors.

Upon entering the shop, patrons will see a wide selection of dresses, usually favoring softer colors such as blues, sea greens, and coral pinks. Shoppers on a budget can pick out something off the rack, but Yvette is a skilled seamstress who is always willing to either custom-fit a dress to a customer’s needs, or else design something from scratch for a special occasion.

The shop is kept meticulously clean, and Yvette is more than willing to steer less reputable patrons to take their business to a lesser quality establishment. However, when she meets a patron of any high social standing, she is willing to cater to their every need, with the hope that they will be sure to mention they purchased their dress at Yvette’s.

NPCs
Yvette Mercer Image
Owner and Proprietor

Race: Human
Date of Birth: 2nd Day of Winter, 482 AV

Yvette is tall and thin, a thinness that could only have been achieved with the tightest of corsets. She is a snobbish social climber who will do almost anything if she thinks it will help her status in Zeltiva. She is a trendsetter in fashion, and knows it, and isn’t afraid to make sure everyone who enters her shop knows it. Her skills with the cloth go beyond just knowledge of sewing. She keeps her finger on the pulse of Zeltiva, always keeping herself a step ahead of social changes as they appear on the scene.

Skills:
Negotiation 35
Sewing 45
Persuasion 35
Politics 30

Natalie Carter Image
Store Clerk/Assistant Seamstress

Date of Birth: 22nd Day of Summer, 495 AV

Natalie is Yvette’s clerk and assistant, learning the trade and modeling her social views by the same strict standards as Yvette herself. She is still young and naive, however. Unlike Yvette, who knows that sometimes appearance and social standing aren’t the same thing, Natalie judges someone immediately by their appearance alone, and isn’t likely to change her opinion.

Skills:
Sewing 25
Politics 20

Credit for this location goes to Minerva and Montaine
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Lexa Maze on April 1st, 2013, 8:07 am

22nd of Spring 513AV

It was a rather odd thing for Lexa to venture into a pompous dress shop like this one, and she wasn't exactly sure what drove her to walk in. The array of colours and fabrics was beautiful, and because it was early morning, the shop had not long opened for business, and so it was quiet, and empty.

Lexa walked in, in no mindset to ask for anything custom. She had seen what she wanted almost right away and zeroed in on it. On one of the racks lay a variety of velvet dresses, some long, others short. They were mostly in dark colours, but Lexa's brown eyes found a fitted blue one. She ran her hand along it and smiled. This is what she wanted. It was simple, and there was not much going on in the way of adornments, but the texture was soft, the waistline would sit well on her slightly boyish figure.

It surprised Lexa to know this much about the dress she wanted.

She head a woman behind her say "Hello there. Are you interested in making a purchase ?" Lexa turned and saw a young woman sporting an obnoxiously colored dress. She immediately didn't like her.
"I'd like to buy this one please. How much would this be?" The woman turned her nose up at Lexa's shabby clothes but made her mouth curve into a professional smile "That is velvet. It will be expensive." Lexa refrained from rolling her eyes. She wouldn't have walked up to it if she couldn't afford it "How much is it?"
"Sixteen gold Miza. If you want to add a black belt, this comes with the dress."

The woman rummaged around and pulled out a shinny black belt. "That will be another eight gold Miza." Lexa nodded

"I don't need the belt." she said "You don't sell any shoe's, do you? I need new boots."
"No. There should be a shoe maker just down West Street. So this is all you want?"

"Yes." Lexa said.

She brought out the money to pay for the dress. And thanked the woman, and soon was on her way.

In west street, she also bought a simple pair of black boots, and a pair of tight fitting trousers, and a new white blouse.

Purchases1 Velvet dress -16gm
1 pair black, tight fitting trousers - 4sm
1 pair Low boots - 3sm
1 pair sandals - 2sm

NOTE: I will be very in-active for a little while due to some things going on in the real world, but I won't be gone forever. I'll be back and swinging soon!
Lexa Maze
I fight. It's all I know.

Words: 75400
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2013, 9:31 am
Character sheet
Journal

Postby monk on April 23rd, 2016, 7:47 am

Hi,
New here from Boston and looking for a different and unique dress for my evening party. I want to look different, unique and gorgeous. Do you have online store? I want to see the collection.
Shop women dresses online for every occasion as The Trendy Style offers worldwide shipping.
monk
Player

Words: 70
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2016, 7:43 am
Race: Myrian