[The People's Market] Fancy some wild game, folks?[Yernaver]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[The People's Market] Fancy some wild game, folks?[Yernaver]

Postby Nyctea on July 22nd, 2012, 6:25 pm

22nd of Summer, 512AV

"Goodbye, mother. I'll see you at home in a couple hours; I promise I'll be fine"

Nyctea waved before her mother shape-shifted behind the stall's curtain, and quickly hopped away. I'll have to remember to bring her clothes back. Turning back to face potential customers, she noticed the crowd was starting to thin out. It was close to sunset afterall, and Nyctea had been at the Market since noon trying to get the locals to buy her family's edible goods. They'd had an unusually slow day today, most likely because her father's slight cough turned into a cold. Knowing that it had hindered him from picking out more than just wild plants and nuts, Nyctea had decided she would try to help out her parent's small business. No harm in trying, I suppose...

From the back of the stall, Nyc grabbed a few of the extra wild game she'd snagged the night before from her sack that she kept hidden under a table. Her parents had a strict policy against selling meats, since they were both herbivores, and frankly terrified of staring at raw flesh. Nyc figured that if she sold one or two from the selection of squirrels, rodents, small birds, and racoons she placed on the table, her parents would think that the money came from selling all the nuts. Nyctea planned to use the rest of the said nuts for the next time she went hunting. Alright, here goes nothing...

"Folks, come and grab our Closing Specail! Get your wild game right here: whole, skinned or gutted! I've got rodents and birds of all sizes! Racoons and squirells for the gutsy! You'll only get the best right here! Come one, come all!"

Nyctea wasn't sure if humans would eat these animals. Though, she thought a few Kelvic like herself would possibly be interested. Continuing to beckon at the throngs of people making their final purchases, Nyc waited in anticipation for her next customer...
Last edited by Nyctea on August 20th, 2012, 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nyctea
This game is wild.

Words: 20097
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2012, 9:01 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

[The People's Market] Fancy some wild game, folks? [OPEN]

Postby Yernaver on July 22nd, 2012, 8:25 pm

Yernaver had finished his job for today and, he was thinking of going ot drink maybe relax a bit, but he was browsing the market for something usefull sometimes good stuf were selled here and he wanted a pet or something to test some potions on.
From afar he heard a female speaking about rodents? racoons? how strange are they alive i dint hear they would be good to test my philtering.
He maked his way around the crowd till he reached at a stall there was a human she was selling some wild game hrm Yernave eyed some of it he ate once some squirells they were tasty to him even if others dint like them,but problem was he dint have a knife to gut them.
"Exuse me miss what is your price for your squirells and are they gutted? Also thats an unusual selection you have there"
Yernaver was interested this brought him back memories from when he was litle, he also wondered if he could ask her to catch him alive some of these some rodents or racoons might help test some potions.

oocYour first client is here :p threat me well XD
Yernaver
Player

Words: 16414
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2012, 2:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nyctea on July 22nd, 2012, 9:11 pm

OOCI'm guessing you meant for me to 'treat' you well. But I'd gladly be able to threaten you to buy my animals if you'd prefer. ;)

A young man strolled over to eye the dead animals on the table. Nyctea noticed that he looked about her age, and assumed him to be a simple commoner. Could he really be interested in purchasing something?

"Exuse me miss what is your price for your squirells and are they gutted? Also thats an unusual selection you have there"

Nyctea blinked twice, realizing that she'd forgotten to think of a price. Pork and Beef were usually between 3 to 6 gold mizas, but Nyc figured she'd start the price high, and see what the man thinks.

"5 gold mizas, good sir. A good price for some prized game, if you ask me. A gutted squirrel requires just an extra copper miza, and should only take me a minute to prepare for you. Feel free to spread the word once you've tasted that fine piece of meat, and there'll be plenty more where that came from."

Nyctea wondered if this was the first time this man had seen such a collection of wild creatures. He was probably used to the usual meat she sees in all the stalls: fish, goat, beef, pork, sheep etc. Being only an owl, it's harder for her to kill the bigger creatures, and fish was never to her liking. Though, if it seems like that's what will bring in more money, Nyc thought she'd consider learning the skills to hunt different creatures in human form...

"Have you eaten a squirrel before, sir?"
Nyctea
This game is wild.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Yernaver on July 22nd, 2012, 9:37 pm

oocTempting as it might be i think il pass :p
Also unless those animals had dirism i dont think they sell gold mizzas :P but then again i aint sure about a price T.T close to fish maybe? depends on the size maybe?(size-weight).
Also dont worry about the magical suggestion....much :p heh no really

Yernaver was suprised by her price and raised a bit his brow "Yes i have eaten a squirel before they are easy to trap althought they dont have as much meat as hrm a racoon or a hare"

He took a sharp breath, he would haggle for those squirrels from the looks of it looking at her in the eye, he spoke."I doubt many would buy at five whole mizzas a squirrel how about 2 mizzas each squirrel? it isnt pork nor beef to buy it as one nor are they whole made of as much meat" as he said these words he reinforced them with a bit of an subconscious hypnotic suggestion as he pushed djed from his eyes agree to his sugestion he hoped it would tilt the scale a tiny bit to ensure he would get them it was a bit of a rare for him to cook his own food but sometimes it was worth it getting a bit for himself.

Still she seemed a bit off he coulnt place it but something was a bit unsettling about this stall perhaps it was because it was just getting late or perhaps that it seemed to have so many small prey.....no knife wounds how did she kill them poison? hmmmmmm

oocIl assume you got em in owl form if not disregard his last thought(if this dint sound morbid XD).
Yernaver
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nyctea on July 22nd, 2012, 10:19 pm

"If you'd like more meat, I would gladly offer you a raccoon instead. Unfortunately, I don't have any hares for sale."

A chill ran down her spine as Nyctea momentarily imagined killing a rabbit. Other owls have always made fun of her for choosing not to prey on them, tempting her by telling stories of their apparently juicy meat. Nyc couldn't bear to kill an animal that resembled her parents, purely out of some form of her morality.

The man then expressed his doubt. Clearly, he had not been as dim as she'd hoped; Nyc will have to deal with some haggling.

"Alright sir, seeing as how you are my first customer--" Nyctea suddenly paused as she felt a strong urge to give in to his suggestions. Something or another sparked a memory inside of her---Honey, remember to never give in to a customer's demands. I don't care what they tell you; the customer is never right. You hear me? Be gentle, but be firm. Don't forget to use the skills I taught you...

It was something her father had told her some time ago, soon after the Djed storm when they fixed up their broken stall in the Market. Nyctea shook her head slightly before continuing to reply to the man.

"...and might I add, a handsome one at that~" Nyc gave a quick wink to show her suggested sincerity. "~I will sell this squirrel for 3 gold mizas. How does that sound?" Nyc paused as the customer pondered this before interjecting again; this time, making sure to sound a smidge vulnerable. "I apologize if the price seems a little high. My father is at home with a cold, and I'm trying to earn a bit of extra money to pay for the medicine. Would you not help a poor girl out to aid her family in times of need?"

Nyctea bowed her head, and looked up at the man with slightly pleading, yellow eyes. She wondered how the man will respond at this late hour. Will he submit? Or would he walk away, with her having nothing to show her parents once she reaches home?

OOC :
I'm not worrying ;) As for the price, we'll see where the story leads... :D Also, there's this. ('gm' means gold mizas, no?)
Nyctea
This game is wild.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Yernaver on July 23rd, 2012, 2:08 pm

Yernaver thought about it "hm i prefer squirel's so il pass your offer for the racoon"
He listened as she started the haggling again hrm the price is better and it makes sense for the absurd price medicine is kinda hard to go by since the djed storm its been a bit low on stock he noted she was quite the flirt too bad he wasnt in the mood at the moment.

"Hrm why doesnt your parent visit the The Healing Hand?, but whatever since its just a common cold i suggest a garlic soup to him perhaps a seller or two might sell some garlics around the market" he paused a bit he had gotten off the track
" anyhow three mizzas wasnt it i agree here because its getting late dont gut it i can do it later at home one squirel"
he emphasized a bit the one squirel part and quickly reached for his pouch and counted the three mizzas to give to lady all this for one squirel le sigh.

oocThere is a variety of garlic that survives in the snow i suppose it might exist
Anyhow its fine :P
Yernaver
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nyctea on July 23rd, 2012, 10:45 pm

"Why, thank you kind sir" Nyctea smiled, almost impishly, as she accepted the mizas.

"Now, a fine lad like yourself shouldn't be attending to such a mucky chore, don't you think?" Nyc didn't wait for a reply, and quickly picked up the knife on the table. She gently lay the lifeless gray squirrel belly up, before carefully cutting through the underside of the tail. Nyc figured that having the man just stand and watch would be a tad awkward, so she began to fill the void with meaningless conversational talk as Nyc continued to undress the animal.

"With the Storm, the Helping Hand has been extremely busy lately." While holding onto the back legs, Nyc pulled forcefully on the tail and skin that she opened up. "Walking to the Docks and then having to patiently wait for what I was told is taking them hours to let patients in..." Tucking the flesh of the back and front legs out of hide, Nyctea continued to peel the fur coat away from the body. With a swift tug and a sharp, twisting snap, Nyc managed to both remove the creature's hide and head. "...would be too troublesome for my father and I. He prefers to buy the medicine that he knows he needs, and to take time off from work. He's probably resting in his burrow right about now." Nyctea chuckled, seeing the expressions on the faces of passersby. Unknowing to the man, a few had gathered behind him to watch Nyc as she cut a slit through the flesh of the belly, carefully inserting two fingers. "I guess that means my mother and I'll be tending to him for the next couple days, but the man enjoys his pampering" Gliding her knife between her fingers, skillful to avoid puncturing the bowels or bladder, Nyc slit the flesh and rib cage along the middle, and reached the neck. Now for the fun part.

"Garlic soup, did you say? I'll be sure to see what I can do. You wouldn't happen to keep a recipe at hand, would you? A couple tips for an amateur cook like myself, perhaps?" By sweeping two fingers from the neck down, Nyctea scooped all the entrails out in one fluid motion. She sliced off the feet, and threw out the guts, making sure to save the liver and the heart. Good, the liver is deep red. Means he's got a healthy one. Nyc shook her head a bit to rid the desire to eat the whole thing herself. "Alright, here you are sir, all ready to cook over an open fire. Would you like to buy some delicious cattails to go along with your meal? I've also got some lovely edible orchid plants from Taloba---freshly imported! What do you say? They'd be the perfect compliment to a smoked squirrel~ You'd be sure to get a wonderful discount ^^"

Nyctea gestured towards the products she had yet to rid herself of. A few more sales would mean she could carry less weight, and maybe flying home could be a possibility. Nyc silently wished the man would succumb to buying a bit more from her stand...

The folks that had gathered were slowly starting to walk away, chattering to one another. Nyctea happened to catch a bit of a conversation as a finely-dressed couple walked past her table. "That was utterly disgusting. Why would a woman choose to do such a cruel thing to a poor, innocent creature?"

Nyctea smirked. This was her living. It was in her nature to kill to survive. Owls were birds of prey, after all.

OOCI hope you don't mind the length of this post. I'd discovered how fun it is to flesh out the details of my PC :D Also, Nyctea would love to get you some living, breathing animals for your experiments! Would you like to bring it up in the next post?
Last edited by Nyctea on July 25th, 2012, 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nyctea
This game is wild.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Yernaver on July 23rd, 2012, 11:28 pm

Yernaver was a bit surprised by how fast she seemed to gut the little bugger, he enjoyed watching her work then again, he had a bit of a sadist streak on him sometimes.
She seemed to know the details taking off with ease the skin and head for most people this was a bit extreme especially if they dint watch others butcher the animal.
He was so caught up watching her work that he barely listened to her words "A couple tips for an amateur cook like myself, perhaps " snapping back he spoke a bit of what, he knew "well it was a suggestion i don't have a recipe i just know that even raw they are good for helping to fight the cold and other stuff i sometimes use them where i work".
He paused there as, he heard her new offering guess i could use some plants "Cattails? was it i might be a little interested in some of them"

Yernaver heard the couple's comment and he just chuckled at what he just heard it was incredible amusing to him, but he coughed up a bit to hide his chuckle before speaking "Just ignore them cruel or not its the way of nature in besides i will admit to having developed a taste for them "

oocI liked your detail it almost maked me teary in the eye (in the good way).Btw i will pm you in a bit XD
Yernaver
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nyctea on July 24th, 2012, 1:42 am

"Why yes, I suppose I'll pick up some garlic before I leave this evening." The latter was said as a bit of an afterthought, before realizing what the man had just said. He uses garlic where he works? What does that... A mage perhaps? Or maybe a herbalist... he could even just be as simple as a brewer or a philterer. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask... "Must be an aromatic environment you work in. What it is that you do for a living? If you don't mind me asking, of course." Nyctea tried to pull of a warm smile, hoping it showed her curiosity.

The man then seemed receptive to the Cattails. Nyc was a little surprised at how well she was doing..."Each Cattail plant is worth a single silver miza. You can buy as many as you'd like~ I'd recommend somewhere close to ten tails; they'll stay fresh for a couple days, and they're scrumptious next to anything when they're sauteed. Especially squirrel!" Will he be willing to spend another gold miza?

Nyctea furrowed her brows a bit when she realized the man trying to cover his amusement. Quickly recovering her composure after his comment, she told him of her simple philosophy after expressing her dietary preferences. "Squirrels are one of my personal favorites, right after raccoon and skunks ^^ It's nice to know that there are still those out there who understand the 'way of nature'. Wouldn't you suppose that death is simply necessary for the delicate balance in the circle of life?"

Saying that out loud had made Nyctea immediately recall something... Didn't Dira, the Goddess of Death, embody this belief? Nyctea had never once stopped to wonder whether she was at all akin to any of the gods or goddesses' ways of thinking. She'd always just assumed that she was required to devote herself to Rhysol alone. Yet, she never really felt connected to him in any way, nor did she care for his values...

The more she thought about it, the more the idea appealed to her...

Dira...

OOCCheck your PM ;) :D
Last edited by Nyctea on July 25th, 2012, 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nyctea
This game is wild.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Yernaver on July 24th, 2012, 9:32 pm

Yernaver was a tiny bit suprised he dint expect her to take interest in his work "i work as an assistant philterer over the Black Tar" he paused a bit as he htought about the cattails how many should he buy.
"Give me three cattails i dont think i am gonna need more than those three" he reached for his pouch and took three silver mizzas from it to pay for the cattails, as he did a question entered his mind to ask.

"Do you buy from hunters all these prey or you hunt on your own?" he was curious about that, perhaps he could ask her for an alive raccoon it could be used to test his potions and other stuff.
He noticed change in the expression after his comment "sorry i dint meant to disrespect i guess its up to each person how they live and make such comments but anyone who leaves their city out to the wild comes to understand this sonner or later death is everywhere and its an ugly business for some and other revel on that fact or the killing itself" he sighed taking a small breather "oh well life goes one either way i suppose"
Yernaver
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next