[The People's Market] Fancy some wild game, folks?[Yernaver]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[The People's Market] Fancy some wild game, folks? [OPEN]

Postby Nyctea on July 25th, 2012, 12:22 am

Nyctea gladly accepted the three silver mizas, knowing full well that this was probably going to be the man's last purchase for the day. And yet, being the daughter of a Kelvic merchant, she couldn't help but pry him a little further...

"Only three, good sir? It's a pity that such a healthy-looking lad of your age should eat so little!" Smiling and teasing as she said this, Nyc knew she was putting herself on the edge, but figured she'd easily handle whatever his response shall be. "And with a profession such as your own, it's a wonder you have enough djed to fuel your work~ The least you could do is purchase a couple nuts---I guarantee that these scrumptious spring pine nuts will provide you with all and more of your body's daily requirements; not to mention prevention from diseases near The Docks. And just for you, I'll lower the price from my usual 50 copper mizas per bag, to merely 25!"

His next question had been one that Nyc was expecting to be asked sooner or later. It seemed logical that a person would want to know where their food comes from. "I like to call myself a naturally-born hunter," Nyc chuckled. She wondered if the man yet deduced her Kelvic origin... "Others would never take the care that I do in choosing my prey." Nyctea grinned slyly at her show of apparent ego before listening to the young philterer with patience. He seemed to speak with no indication of intonation or even breaks in between his words---Maybe his mind is too busy for spaces among two different thoughts...

Simply nodding and agreeing to the stranger's remarks, she seemed to realize that fact itself... the man she was talking to was still a stranger. Nyc momentarily pondered if she should ask for his name...
Nyctea
This game is wild.

Words: 20097
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2012, 9:01 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Yernaver on July 25th, 2012, 8:01 pm

Yernaver thought about it, but it was late he dint want anything more politely declining might be for the best "As much as tempting your offer is miss i think i will pass perhaps another day i will come for some nuts or your game" He paused a bit djed on his job hrm perhaps i could do this later i will ask the boss still for now he dint know if it was possible for sure.

"I don't truly use djed on my job i prefer it to stay that way there is always a risk from what i hear with magic" a risk and a prize that i hope its worth it he thought about what she said natural born hunter a kelvic? Perhaps he glanced again briefly over the animals they dint appear to have been slashed and were all small animals, the birds were the weirdest ones to catch and seemed to be in a good condition.

"Hmm interesting choice of words the bodies are in a good condition and fresh i don't see their throats slashed and i doubt one would use poison to catch them so...." he paused a bit smiling "Excuse me if this sounds strange, but are you perhaps a kelvic of somekind miss? i think you are a predatory one, but since you have only small animals you aren't from the top hunters and it would be very unusual for a wolf to trap birds when they can hunt bigger game " he paused a bit to take a breather this time "oh well this is all speculation, still i hope i dint insulted you if i am wrong they just have been killed in a very strange way".

He waited for her answer his was almost sure that she was kelvic, still she had killed them by crushing their skulls that was a nice way to kill something guaranteed to stay dead thats for sure but this also gave him an idea hrm kelvic assasins more likely than i think most propably they do exist already.

oocNot sure how they would look being caught by an owl and all but more or less.
Only with close inspection would one see how they were caught?
Sent me a pm if you wish to edit these parts as to what was seen
Last edited by Yernaver on July 31st, 2012, 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yernaver
Player

Words: 16414
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2012, 2:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nyctea on July 27th, 2012, 5:48 pm

The man declined her offer. I suppose it was worth the shot. Besides, it seems like my nutty idea had gotten the lad to consider returning to---uh oh. How the petch am I going to fix this?

Nyctea hadn't thought about what she'd do with potentially returning customers. Yet that was certainly, almost unconsciously her goal the entire time---the whole exchange merely consisted of lines that she'd heard her mother and father use many times in the past---Nyc had just been too caught up in her sale that she hadn't properly planned what she'd do to make sure that her parents never found out about this. Her thoughts quickly scrambled to come up with a solution..."Alright then, another day it is. Though I must mention that the animals were only a special this evening; otherwise we don't usually sell wild game here."

"Being simply the daughter of the owner, I just occasionally come to the Market when there's a need for an extra hand. Seeing as how I'm the only hunter out of the people who work at this stall... if you happen to crave for more of that delicious squirrel, you'll have to contact me directly." Nyc winked at the man while her mind raced with ideas flowing through her mind---when suddenly, an image formed behind her eyes: I've got it.

Nyctea immediately ripped a small piece of parchment paper off a blank page in her ledger, and picked up her father's quill dipped in ink. "Come by this stall, and if I'm not there..." Placing the sheet on the table, Nyc bent down and started to draw. She formed a small circle and tried to neatly recreate the picture she remembered from long ago... It was on the cover of a book from her childhood; one that she'd never been able to read. She'd make stories of her own using the pictures within, making up a new one for every time she opened it. "...just pass this along to whoever's at the table, and ask to give it to Nyctea." She finished sketching the last star, and handed over the little piece of paper with a smile. Her favorite Crescent Moon.

Her parents would most likely pass it along without the slightest glance, and wouldn't be able to make anything of it if otherwise. It was perfect.

Nyctea softly laughed as the lad correctly guessed her race, most probably through her prideful remark from before. "Yes, specifically an Owl, at that. A bird of prey nonetheless, but the biggest animal I've ever hunted was a raccoon only slightly bigger than this one over here" Obviously proud of her origin, Nyc grinned as she pointed to the limp mammal. She knew it wasn't much; Nyctea had heard of Owls who could kill animals that were 3 times their weight. Nevertheless, Nyc knows that in order to become a great hunter, she'll have to continue to build on her skill...

OOCWell, owls usually kill their prey by crushing the skull. :) Just that detail should suffice :thumbsup:
Nyctea
This game is wild.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Yernaver on August 1st, 2012, 9:18 pm

"Its fine i myself dont usually eat squirrels either" he gave a small laugh to that it was very true he felt a bit tired around he would walk less than half a chime to reach home he was thankfull for that.

He winked a bit as he reiceved the paper it had the picture of a moon drawn on it "nice meeting ya then Nyctea my names Yernaver" as he spoke he noticed she seemed to had relaxed a bit or maybe it was his idea oh well doesnt matter very much he too had relaxed it was nice chatting to someone considering how alone socially he seemed to be now lately.

"An owl huh? wouln't had guessed it easilly" looking the racoon she pointed it wasnt the biggest animal still pretty big not bad i wonder how she carries them back they seem pretty much fresh to me this wasnt the time to ask for now at least perhaps it was time to take his stuff and get going.

oocTell me if had an idea or something (mini adventure or not i am open)(and sorry for the delay rl got me) btw so short i am sorry >> .
Yernaver
Player

Words: 16414
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2012, 2:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

[The People's Market] Fancy some wild game, folks? [Yernaver

Postby Nyctea on August 18th, 2012, 10:48 pm

OOCThanks Yernaver for doing this thread with me! I really got to flesh out my character a bit, and I made a new friend ^^ I'll let you know if I'm in need of a partner for an adventure, but feel free to PM me if you think of something. :) Guess I'll let this be my first graded post~

"It was nice meeting you too, Yernaver. Come by another day and we'll make squirrels a usual part of your diet." Laughing along with him, Nyctea blushed a bit as well, realizing that it had been a while since she'd made an acquaintance. He was a kind lad; rare in Ravok, for most were unabashedly prejudiced. The man hadn't changed his outlook the slightest bit once he'd found out that she was a Kelvic. He even seemed a little impressed, quite surprisingly. Nyctea had certainly felt relaxed whilst speaking with him; she hoped to see him again soon.

After a kind farewell, Yernaver set off to reach home. Noticing the darkening sky, Nyctea cleared the table and closed down the stall. Remembering Yernaver's suggestion, she walked over to her friend's stall and bought a couple of garlic cloves. Sigh, it was a good day. She'd made 3 gold and 3 silver mizas in what seemed to be a short amount of time; coins that will add to what she's been saving. Nyctea picked up her mother's clothing and folded it neatly in her backpack, before walking off towards her favorite hunting ground...
Nyctea
This game is wild.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

[The People's Market] Fancy some wild game, folks?[Yernaver]

Postby Verilian on August 21st, 2012, 2:38 pm

Nyctea

• +3 Persuasion
  • +1 Cooking

Lores: Garlic Soup is Good for Colds, How to Gut a Squirrel, New Customer - Yernaver

Loot: 3 Gold Mizas, 3 Silver Mizas

Yernaver

• +1 Hypnotism
  • +1 Persuasion
  • +1 Interrogation

Lores: Contact: Nyctea, Nyctea is an Owl Kelvic

Expenses: -3 Gold Mizas, 3 Silver Mizas

Loot: 1 Dead Squirrel, 3 Cattails, Little Paper with Crescent Moon

You Question My Logic? :
Ncy, you got Persuasion for all the selling you were doing, and Yernaver, you got it for haggling down the price of the squirrel. I gave you a point in hypnotism, but see the notes below. You also got a point in Interrogation for figuring out her name and that she was a kelvic through your questioning. Nyc, the cooking was for gutting the squirrel.

Hypnotism: At novice level, there isn't much you can do with hypnotism easily. But you didn't really do anything powerful, so that's fine. I just wanted to relay some information. The founders have asked us to crack down on the use of magic. When you are at novice level (below 25 points), your magic is extremely difficult to use, and to get more points, you have to make that clear. Explain how you channel your djed into your eyes, how difficult it is, and explain better the feeling that you are trying to impart on your victim. The more you explain it, the more points you will get.

Notes: It's rare for me to find a thread like this. I like it when PCs actually buy things from one another, it makes the world seem more realistic. There were three things I wanted to common on. Firstly, Nyc, living in Ravok your character should probably be a bit more wary about telling people what she is. Ravok is filled with racists who would ignore your citizenship and capture you and try to sell you outside the city, if they knew what you were. Being a citizen is only good as long as you are in the city, but it doesn't stop people from wanting to kidnap you and smuggle you out. The second thing I wanted to point out was the mention of djed and magic. While most people know magic exists, unless they have some training or reason to know details about it, they generally don't know any of the terminology. Magic is just magic, but most people wouldn't know anything about djed. Lastly, the Djed Storm. Most people in Ravok, and the entire world, really, would probably not actually refer to it as the Djed Storm. This is partly because most people don't know what djed is, but also because most people aren't aware of what caused the storm. In Ravok, the two common beliefs are that it was just a really bad storm, or that it was divine punishment from Rhysol himself, with the latter being the more popular belief.

Anyway, those points aren't huge deals, I just wanted to comment on them since you are both fairly new, and I like to give advice and ramble on and on. I enjoyed the thread, and I hope to see more from the both of you. Keep up the good work!

Notice

As per the request of the Founders, threads cannot be graded unless your CS is up to date. This means you need to add threads to your thread list when you make new threads, keep your skills up to date, ledger, living expenses, ect. If you aren't up to date, you'll get a PM from me before i grade your thread. If you are up to date, disregard this notice.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous