Sparring (Sama'el)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Sparring (Sama'el)

Postby Daithi on August 2nd, 2012, 5:22 am

The 60th of Summer, 512 AV

Daithi had always found himself to be an early to rise kind of person and this day was no differnt. The day was nice and would have been hot but it seemed that Zulrav had sent a gentle breeze to his people. It was a day off from hunting but not a real day off in the true sense of the phrase. His plans were to train with his halfspear, something that he had been neglecting to do so far. He had been riding toward the Windhowler pavilion to find someone to spar with when he remembered the offer Sama'el had thrown his way. Daithi knew that Sama'el could teach him a great deal and was sure that when the man had come to his rescue from a Zith attack that he had only seen a fraction of the man ability.

There was only one problem that Daithi could see and that was where to find Sama'el but then he remembered that he was a member of the watch. As luck had it Daithi knew the general location of the watch pavilion and rode that way. After he had stopped to ask for directions once or twice he had come to the place. He dismounted and told his strider and hunting cat to stay, then entered the pavilion. Upon entering he was asked by a watchman if they could help him so he said, "Yes I am looking for Sama'el." He was told that he was out preforming a duty and should be back anytime. Daithi thanked the man and went outside to sit with his horse and cat and play with them.
Last edited by Daithi on August 2nd, 2012, 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daithi
Player

Words: 10533
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 6:51 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Playing with sticks (Sama'el)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on August 2nd, 2012, 5:54 am

Though Sama'el was not the most skilled at the weaving of the great web, they told him he was learning faster than most, and few could match his skill and speed astride Dohaina. Few could keep up with them as the flew from one corner of Cyphrus to another, repairing distant stretches of the Drykas Web that he could not reach from Endrykas, but they merely pointed the way.

He thundered to the Sayaph's pavilion, but there was no real need to report on his activities. They had been observed, and communicated from afar. Still, he was supposed to meet his new apprentice today. But as Dohaina slowed, he recognized Daithi from his impromptu rescue mission and smiled with mild confusion. Surely he could not be the apprentice, not when Ronan's skills had to be proven even to become that, and this new apprentice, well, he would test those skills too.

"Sama'el!" called the voice of a passing Watchman. "Your apprentice won't be here until afternoon. Go bathe." He laughed and Sama'el laughed, but there was Daithi. Planting his hands precisely on Dohaina's back, he vaulted his rump up into the air, and then letting his legs scissor open and closed as he tumbled acrobatically out of his yvas.

"Ho, Daithi," he called as he approached. "What brings you to the Sayaph's pavilion?"
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Sparring (Sama'el)

Postby Daithi on August 3rd, 2012, 5:50 am

Daithi saw an odd smile grow on the Sama'el's face and heard another of the watchmen speak about his apprentice coming later that day. There was some fancy acrobatics and the man was out of his yvas, there was truely much he could learn from Sama'el. Though today he only wish to spar.

"And ho to you Sama'el." he stepped to greet Sama'el. "I was wanting to see about a sparring match. I recall you saying you would like to do that sometime, unless my memory is failing me. I need to hone my weapon use." He looked to Sama'el for a reply and hoped that he had not caught him at to bad a time. If he was willing to spar then Daithi would follow to where Sama'el led him.
Daithi
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Sparring (Sama'el)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on August 3rd, 2012, 9:37 pm

"Oh," he said, brightening, "yes. It seems I have a few hours to spare." He clasped wrists with the man in greeting, glad that an offer had been remembered and that Daithi was taking him up on it. To his mind, the stronger the average Drykas, the stronger their entire people, and certainly every bit of practice helped him do his job better.

Dohaina ignored this, plodding over to a water trough to drink, and Sama'el paid her no mind, knowing she was intelligent enough to take care of herself, and that he would groom her properly when he returned to his camp. He led Daithi off to the side where they might practice.

"I have a scimitar and dagger for sparring," he said. "Much better with the bigger blade, but that just means I need to work twice as hard with the dagger. You never know when you're going to be deprived of your favorite weapon. What were you thinking?"
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Sparring (Sama'el)

Postby Daithi on August 8th, 2012, 5:38 pm

Daithi was glad that Sama'el was not to busy to spar and joined in the greeting. This time spent sparring would help him both as a hunter but also as a member of his clan. "Good very good let us get to it then." Daithi let Brother, his strider follow Dohaina to drink, but Cian followed Daithi as he followed Sama'el to where they would spar.

He listened to Sama'el explain what weapons he would use as they spar and answered Sama'el's question, "The only weapon I have besides my bow is a halfspear. I trust that it will suffice." He would then square off with Sama'el and prepare himself to spar with Sama'el. His cat Cian watched lazily to the side and took in the sun as the two men began to fight. He would wait until Sama'el said that he was ready.
Daithi
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Sparring (Sama'el)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on August 11th, 2012, 6:13 am

Sama'el noted how inexpertly Daithi carried his spear, and so he made the decision to fight with his dagger. This would give Daithi the advantage of reach, and Sama'el was not so skilled at closer range, so it would be less daunting for the other young man. He fell into a low crouch, dagger held at the ready, eyes alert. The stylized solar orb around his eye might have been a bit distracting for an opponent, but he had not yet mastered the ability to seamlessly see with his eyes and see with Syna's Eye at the same time, not if he intended to walk in a straight line, let alone fight.

"Ready when you are," he said with a fierce smile.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Sparring (Sama'el)

Postby Fallacy on September 29th, 2012, 5:09 am

XP Award!

Name:Daithi
XP Award:
  • N/A
Lore:
  • Training partners?
  • Kitty Spectator
Notes:

Name:Sama'el
XP Award:
  • Observation- 1
Lore:
  • Training Partners?
  • Kitty Spectator
  • Ready Stance
Notes:

Any questions or concerns about the rewards gained please send a PM :)

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)