[Flashback] Starting out (solo thread)

The beginning of Lliwen's journey and exit from Charbosi

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Far below the water's surface is the living coralline city of the Charodae, Charbosi. Inaccessible to those who cannot breathe underwater, Charbosi is a city of culture and peace. [Lore]

Postby Lliwen Vafara on August 2nd, 2012, 3:52 pm

Winter, 511AV

This was it, Lliwen's first night out alone in the coral forests that she had spent so much of her life exploring. After wandering for many hours, she had finally settled on a spot, though after her hard work manipulating the coral through shaking hands, she was unsure of herself and the area she had chosen.
'No,' she firmly whispered to herself 'This place is fine. It will be safe, you know what you're worried about, and you need to get over it!' Anger at herself tinged with the sadness of losing her Grandmother overtook her body, and she shot a blast of water from her shelter, causing Nikolette to whistled loudly through the water. This restored Lliwen back to the present as she rushed outside whilst wiping away the tears that until a moment ago had been threatening to burst out from her eyes. Her steed and friend seemed okay, just startled at the sudden blast of magic. Lliwen swam up to where she had tied her to and gently stroked her head. 'Shh, girl, its alright, no need to be afraid, it was just silly old 'Wen shooting off some water, see?' Lliwen blew bubbles at Nikolette, who clicked in approval. Lliwen smiled, she knew Nikolette always loved that, and seeing any creature happy was what Lliwen strived to do, especially her beloved watersteed.

Satisfied Nikolette was calm enough to be left alone, Lliwen looked up to the sky above to check the time. Oh how she longed to be up there, to feel the breeze of the sea against her skin. She knew she would have to return to the water, which she didn't mind, but the appeal of smelling the fresh air, exploring new areas, learning new things... she shivered with excitement. The level of brightness suggested it was becoming late afternoon, meaning she would have to start gathering food soon if she didn't want to break into her food parcel on the first night. She turned to the massive overgrowth to her left and examined the foliage, though was disappointed, finding nothing edible. Sighing as the sky above her began to turn a sombre orange, she was all ready for heading back to her tent, until in the distance her twinkling eyes spotted an interesting looking cave with overgrowth coming out. 'Maybe there will be food there' she told herself, despite knowing the real reason for her planned expedition was her curiosity.

Swimming rapidly back to collect Nikolette before heading to the entrance of the cave, Lliwen's fear slowly dawned on her. Could she really explore like she used to? She felt 'changed' somehow from the brave child she used to be. But to fulfil her dreams of seeing the world and doing something with her life, she must. So with one deep breath, her feet carried her into the engulfing darkness.

Lliwen could just spot vague outlines, the blackness of the cave combined with the current against her made it feel like she was swimming in tar. After swimming for what she could only guess was around thirty minutes, her eyes spotted a twinkling from above. She increased her speed and sped forward- more and more lights appearing from above. Lliwen gasped and stopped in her tracks.It was the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen; the purest shadow mingled with jewels of shining light. She felt the heat of tears in her eyes that departed her face to become one with the sea.

Dragging her eyes away from dazzling sight, she noticed something exposed on the floor, illuminated by the gleams from above. Her heart leapt as she slowly approached it- a book! Excitement overwhelmed her at the thought of filling her mind with new information. Squealing with joy, Lliwen picked up the large book- from the looks of it, it was fairly old. She brushed off the sand from the cover to reveal the title: 'Alvadas: City of Illusions'. She knew a little of Alvadas, only really where it was located in the world. Though the city illusions, sounded magical and very interesting to her curious mind... she looked back up at glowing rocky ceiling. I'd love to see real stars, on real land she dreamed to herself. Gently, she opened the cover and a small booklet drifted to the ocean floor that when examined read 'Char to Common- The Dictionary'
'This should come in useful' she thought whilst simultaneously putting it in her bag before focusing her attention back on the book.

The contents was vast, everything from the Womiyu to its cuisine- though, as it often was, Lliwen thought the introduction a good place to start. She read no further than 'one sees Alvadas as they would like to see it.' to know that she wanted to go there, her inquisitiveness had been awoken. She had become tired of Charbosi, and Alvadas was next to The Suvan Sea, meaning lots of water, so she could only hope she would be okay. Gathering her newly acquired items and her regained need for adventure, she turned to the exit of the cave before hearing an almighty 'THUD'. Suddenly, it hit her, 'Why would someone leave these books here?'
Last edited by Lliwen Vafara on August 3rd, 2012, 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reflections still look the same to me, as before I went under
Character Sheet
Lliwen Vafara
Player

Words: 23467
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2012, 12:17 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet

Postby Lliwen Vafara on August 2nd, 2012, 9:55 pm

Winter, 511AV

Lliwen turned around slowly, clutching the book to her pounding chest. From the looming shadows a Vinumia gradually became visible under the illumination of the fake stars above. Lliwen's throat instantly became bone dry; what chance did she have against this towering, vine beast? The very fact it was covered in pretty flowers should have been comical, but under these potentially fatal circumstances, it most certainly was not.

The monster clambered towards a petrified Lliwen who was paralysed by fear. Moments before the Vinumia was in reach of her, she forced her mind to think. 'What do I know about Vinumia? Think Lliwen, think! They have a large tail I need to be wary of, store water so my magic won't be of much use and... The seedheart! That's what I need to remove if I am able to kill it if necessary' Though Lliwen knew that was her last option, killing was not in her nature. Her first instinct was to try and swim away, however, in the darkness this may be unwise, and as soon as this idea popped into her knowledge filled head she recalled that that would pursue their target until death. 'So fleeing is out of the question...'

With a heavy heart, Lliwen realised she would have to fight. She reassured herself with the fact that she would have to fight at some point on her journey; that was inevitable. However, the question was, what with? She quickly swam to the left of the almost circular area as vines whipped at her feet. Biting her lip to contain a cry of pain, her eyes became busy, darting around the cave for something, anything she could use. Lliwen was about to give up, when out of the corner of her eye something twinkled. Her sight rushed to the place just behind where the book had been only minutes ago, as the helm of a blade was just visible. Every fibre of her being raced towards what she found out was a scimitar- presumably once belonging to the same soul who's book she now held.

Determined, she raised the alien piece of equipment; a little heavy for her frame and completely unsure of how to use it. With no tactics or real skill, she hacked at the vines lurching towards her with little avail; the creature seemed unaffected by her attempts to defend herself. Lliwen paused for a moment to think; she had read books about combat 'Perhaps if I pretend to know what I'm doing?' She knew it was a foolish idea, although even if it was by a miracle, her attacks seemed to wield greater results. She got a few blows to the seedheart, although not nearly enough to declare the beast dead. Lliwen and the Vinumia seemed tied in levels of combat, but Lliwen was nearly certain of who would tire first. As she drew closer to it she noticed its vines browning, the reason why she wasn't dead already, it was an old beast.

Her arms began to ache, untrained to holding such a weapon and took a few exhausted strides backwards as she lowered the scimitar to the sandy floor. The monster, too, looked worn, though it appeared it wasn't willing to give in either. 'Time to try a new strategy , even if I'm not sure this will work.' Lliwen mustered all the strength she could inside herself and channelled it through her outstretched hands. A blinding beam of blue light erupted from her fingertips, blasting her backwards into the rocky walls. Dizzy, Lliwen looked towards her target with a dazed smile 'It worked...'The Vinumia was frozen on the spot- she had managed to turn water into ice, and was rather proud of herself for it.

She managed to gather her last bit of energy and dragged her newly obtained weapon accross the floor, the water seeming heavy against her body as if pushing her down to the ground. Still, she pressed on, and raised her blade up into the air and with all her force struck downwards into the seedheart- again and again and again, until it finally was removed from its home. With a satisfied grin, Lliwen sank to her knees, drained of everything she had. The last thing she recalled was the blood on her hands; unsure of it was hers or the Vinumia's.
Reflections still look the same to me, as before I went under
Character Sheet
Lliwen Vafara
Player

Words: 23467
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2012, 12:17 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet