(Flashback) Be a Man!

Orion visits Lyla at the tavern, but ends up getting into a tangle with the patrons instead

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

(Flashback) Be a Man!

Postby Orion Michaels on August 7th, 2012, 5:37 am

Orion, Day of Summer 3(Evening), 507 AV

Previous Thread :

One day? Had it only been a single day? It certainly didn't feel like it, that was for sure. Orion sat awake in his room the entire night before, trying to piece togther just what had happened the night before. He was travelling on his way home when he went charging off after her that voice. It was insane, out of character, and the first time he'd done something like that since he was a child. What was I thinking? What the hell was I thinking? The earring she threw at him sat on his table while he had gazed at it off and on all night, wondering what to do.

His father had tried to teach him nearly everything, just to see where his talents were, but hadn't even offered Orion a 101 course on relationships or women. It was beyond him how his father had landed his mother. No matter his worries, after work he again he found himself but moments away from the place he was the night before. Where he was speechless. Where he met her. Where he made of a fool of himself.

"..And where I didn't bother to learn her name." he muttered with a sigh. The tavern had it's usual hustle and bustle and it was time for him to make a choice again. Maybe she'll save me this time and come out again....no...it's not like my future rellies on this. Orion gathered himself, put the earring in his pocket and with a deep breath, entered the building.

His senses were immediately overwhelmed with the activity inside the building. The place was packed with patrons, sitting in groups, laughing, drinking, eating, singing, full of general merriment. Scanning the crowd, he could tell she wasn't there. She would stick out from the common folk, no doubt in his mind. One group of men were huddled around a table playing some sort of dice game. Others were gathered at the bar, telling stories, each one trying to one up the other. The sweet melodies produced by a flutist swam through the many conversations, lifting the mood and seemingly enhancing the conversations. Everyone seemed to wear a smile. It was a charming place, he could give it that. Orion had a smile of his own now, as he was aroma of a rich meaty stew filled his nostrils. His mouth nearly began to water and nearly caused him to forget his purpose. Before he knew it he was seated with a bowl in front of him.

As delicious as the stew smelled, it was a copper bit to the gold miza which was it's taste. His tense body instantly relaxed as the meal warmed him through and through. The layers of flavor would seemingly hit one right after another, just enough separation to give a burst of each individually before mixing in a veritable party for the palate. Everything was so heavy from the filling meal, it took Orion nearly everything he had not to doze off.

In fact....

Noteused price for the Rearing Stallion, removed 6sm for meal
Last edited by Orion Michaels on August 8th, 2012, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

(Flashback) Be a Man!

Postby Orion Michaels on August 7th, 2012, 7:43 am

Orion, Day of Summer 3, 507 AV

"Lad! Hey lad! Wake up!"
Orion jumped forward from his chair. "W-what?!," he exclaimed looking at the person standing before him. He was a pot bellied, middle aged, short, and stocky. What was left of his thin brown hair was futilely combed over in an attempt to hide his rapidly increasing baldness."Lad, we're preparing to close up for the evening. While I'm glad you enjoyed the meal, I figured you would want to start getting ready to go on your own accord, you know?"Orion nodded and thanked the man. How long had he slept? It felt like hours. Man, where did this evening go? I was sure I had something to do..... Slowly, a look of realization came over his face. "There was....the earring!" He stood up suddenly, running up to the man. "Please forgive me, but I'm trying to find someone. I came here looking for a young lady with dyed hair. She lost her earring and I'm here to return it to her. Is she around?" Orion got a bad feeling in his stomach as he saw the mans reaction to the question.

The balding man's face lit up and he motioned to the remaining patrons.
"I can't believe it! It only took him a day to show. You owe me a silver, Eddy! Everyone! It's Doc!"

"....Well shit."

\
Last edited by Orion Michaels on August 7th, 2012, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

(Flashback) Be a Man!

Postby Orion Michaels on August 7th, 2012, 2:05 pm

Orion, Day of Summer 3, 507 AV

She had told them. She had told them?! Orion's face twisted in anger. He had played her in his mind as some sort of goddess. Absolute perfection, but it turned out he was wrong. Completely wrong. He turned his focus to the short man. "So she told all of you, huh?" He found himself balling and unballing his fists as he fought with emotions of rage and embarrassment. The room was nearly spinning. This is why you had to stay guarded. This is why you couldn't really trust people. How could this happen?

"Well, we're all laughing, ain't we, Doctor?" Orion nodded, a furious smile spreading across his lips. "I suppose you are, aren't you?" He knew his next move was juvenile, but he didn't care. It didn't matter. He suddenly lunged forward at the man, shoving him to the ground. Other patrons stood up and started making their way over at this action.

The man looked up at from the ground, a grin on his face. "The bumbling boy thinks he can be a man now, does he?" Orion shook his head and turned to try and leave but found his way blocked by the others. "Yeah, I do. I don't know what I saw in that bitch. She isn't worth anyone's time." Several of the larger men moved in on him, having obviously taken much offense at that. "Take it back! She's perfect!", one man yelled as he grabbed Orion by the front of his shirt. Orion replied by wildly swinging and popping the man in the face. He heard the sound of a loud crack and felt a pop in his hand. Something was broken, he was sure of it.

WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING?!

The first punch was powerful. Orion nearly blacked out as it crushed the side of his head. His vision blurred and a ringing overcame his ears. He could hear the other men cheering on the man pummeling him, but it was as though their voices travelled through water. Pain shot through his nose as the second punch connected squarely with the center of his face. His nose gave as he felt the river of blood come streaming from inside. The man pulled him up to his face.
"Had enough. Doc?" Orion's retort? A mouthful of blood, spit in his face. He never felt the next punch and didn't know how many more came. The only thing he heard was a higher pitched voice. Was it screaming? Or whispering...?

"STOP IT RIGHT THIS INSTANT!"

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

(Flashback) Be a Man!

Postby Orion Michaels on August 8th, 2012, 11:59 am

Orion, Day of Summer 5(Afternoon), 507 AV

Ow...
OW...
OUCH....
what is that...
Ugh....I can't open my eyes...
why does it hurt so much....
what happened...?

The pain wouldn't go away. Blinding at some points, an annoying buzz at others, it would come and recede like a rough ocean wave, but it was always there. Orion could hear someone talking to him, but he just couldn't quite reply. Something was covering his face. It was okay though. Each time he tried to talk it just sent a burst of hurt screaming through his body. It was better to be quiet. He had a new appreciation for being hurt though. No one could say he didn't what it was to feel pain.

"It..-ill...I'll..you."

That voice. He had heard it somewhere before. Gentle. Comforting. He was sure it's been with him this whole time, but who was it? Ugh. What is going on. I can't remember a damn thing. He let out a quiet moan and felt someone take his hand. He sighed, which sent his his entire body in agony, but he was so tired. Clenching the hand tightly, using the new found comfort to push the misery from his mind. He needed to rest. So tired....

"It will ...okay. I'm ...-orry.."

With one last sigh, Orion drifted off to sleep.

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

(Flashback) Be a Man!

Postby Orion Michaels on August 8th, 2012, 1:25 pm

Orion, Day of Summer 7 (Morning), 507 AV

Light flooded into Orion's eyes as he awoke. Startled and disoriented, he sat up quickly, turning his head quickly to take in his environment. Pain ripped through his body as he looked throughout the room, but he didn't care. I can see. Thank the gods. He didn't know how long he had been out, but each time he opened his eyes, he had only seen darkness. He was beginning to lose hope for awhile there as he pieced together the events that led up to his current predicament. It all traced back to her. Embarrassment. Losing his cool. Getting the ever loving crap beaten out of him. She was supposed to be there.

Damn it! My head is throbbing...Where am I? Is this..my apartment? As things came back to focus, he realized he was indeed home. How he had gotten there wasn't determined yet, but he was there for sure. He still hurt everywhere, but at least Orion got to hurt in his own bed.. He gave himself the once over to appraise the damage. His right hand was wrapped and immobilized. Probably broken. Bruises decorated the desecrated landscape that was his body. His nose? It hurt the worst. He touched it gingerly and winced as his eyes filled with tears. It had been set, but was probably broken from one of the blows to his face. "Did one heck of a number on me, huh?" he managed a chuckle.

He climbed out of his bed and rubbed the back of his head. Man, that hurts. He closed his eyes, trying to clear his head, trying to remember what happened. Everything was so fuzzy. He'd done something stupid, for sure.

A glint caught his attention as he opened his eyes again. He stopped short of the table as the realization of what it was came to him. "Her...earring? What's it doing out?" He finished moving over to the table and picked up a note which sat by the jewelry.

Orion,
You were brought to me for medical attention.
It appears you've made a fool of yourself.
A prostitute brought you to me. Is that the kind of company you are keeping?
Regardless, I treated you and removed the amount from your coins.
The harlot insisted you be released to her care.
I'm far too busy to deal with your foolishness, so I told her where you lived.
A blue haired lady of the night. I'm extremely disappointed in you.
We don't need you sullying our family's name.
Figure it out.
~Dr. Michaels

He crumpled the note and threw it, the pain numbed by anger. "What I do with my life...is my.....," he paused, just realizing what the note said. "Blue haired? No way." He sunk down onto his bed, his expression dazed.

It was her. After all that, it was her.
Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

(Flashback) Be a Man!

Postby Templar on September 3rd, 2012, 5:32 pm

Orion: Unarmed Combat: 1
Lore: How not to punch – Losing a fight
Ledger:
-6 sm for the meal
-1gm 4 sm for the treatment

Additional notes: Excellent thread and Orion can take a punch like a man! But good background thread! Sorry for the delay, but had university to attend. Feel free to PM me if you feel I missed something.
Derp.
Templar
The Templar Knight!

Words: 23533
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2011, 11:14 pm
Race: Staff account
Office