[Flashback]Spiders and Sunberthans(Tock)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Volinir Orchid on August 13th, 2012, 10:36 pm

Volinir laughed, perhaps a little more loudly than he should have. "What, he could just magic the cat scat away?" Magic wasn't something Volinir was very familiar with. He'd heard stories, and there were a couple wizards in Kalinor, but his view of magic for the most part was "stuff that sparkles."

"If'n ya ain't wanna be a slave, 'en why'd ya go an' been one inna first place? Shoulda bloody told 'em 'no'..."
He waited for a third ale before answering Tock. "I did. They beat me. I told 'em no again. They beat me again. Eventually I figured that I might as well bide my time. If I'd kept telling 'em no, I wouldn't have any free time, and I wouldn't have been able to meet you."

When she told Volinir he could come with her, he set his mug down and tried to throw his arms around her, beaming. "You're a hero, you know that!?"
Volinir Orchid
Little spiderling

Words: 88577
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2012, 4:43 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on August 14th, 2012, 1:39 am

"Nah, 'e done wanted ME ta does it!" she shouted, thrusting a thumb against her chest. "An' I were like, 'Yer a bloody Animator, build a bloody Golem fer ta clean the shyke up!' An' 'e were like," she did a poor imitation of the old wizard's nasally voice, "'I ain't 'asin' my Golems git shyke all over 'eir fingers! 'At's what I gots yous 'ere fer!' An' I bloody tolds 'im," she shook her fist in the air angrily, "'Oy! Wanker! Yer goddamn Golem been made o' stone anywho! Can't ay jus' clean the shyke off 'is fingers!' An' 'e said, 'Clean the shyke off YER fingers!'"

She shook her head in disgust and finished off another ale. "Bloody 'ad ta take a bath every dang week, 'ere..."

She spat on the ground, her mood souring even more when Vol described his situation. It reminded her of exactly what her life was like back home, when her Da beat her near every day of her life. Any time she had screamed, protested, or tried to run from the beatings, he had just beaten her twice as long and twice as hard. When she told her Granddad about it, Da just beat her harder, and made sure the bruises were on her bum so they could be covered up and hidden. She had lived her life in constant fear of the domineering man, until she ended that life with a frying pan to his head.

She muttered under hear breath when Vol called her a hero, batting his arm away. "Ain't no 'ero, mate," she said. "Bloody jus' does what I 'as ta does..."
Last edited by Minerva Agatha Zipporah on August 15th, 2012, 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Volinir Orchid on August 14th, 2012, 5:54 am

"Bah, lazy bastards are all the same..." he said emphatically as Tock ranted, "All those old, good for nothing petchers can go caetszo!" While the Symenos swear might be lost on most, Volinir elected to emphasize his point, and clear up what exactly it meant with a rather rude gesture to accompany the curse.

His injuries didn't bother him at all any more, and when he saw that Tock was still sour, he decided to help fix that. After all, that's just doing one good turn another, right? He shook her slightly by the shoulders, his face sober. "Aye, well most here don't. You don't give yourself enough credit, you know that? You're a damn fine lady, and you oughtn't to make excuses about it. This is a good night! You did a good thing! Ought to be shooting off fireworks in your honor." Fireworks... The thought popped into his head of attempting to appropriate some, and his ale-addled mind failed to ring any warning bells. He'd wait to see what Tock thought about them first, though.
Volinir Orchid
Little spiderling

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on August 14th, 2012, 10:16 pm

Tock arched an eyebrow, and tried to keep mental note of the curse, so she could remember to use it herself sometime. She wasn't quite sure how to pronounce it, even after having just heard it, but she figured if she shouted it loud enough, she'd get her point across.

But his continued protests about her supposed heroics just irritated her further, and she pushed him away, keeping her eyes on her drink. She hadn't done anything to deserve praise. She hadn't been in the fight to save him. She'd just wanted to bully the bullies, and teach then a lesson.

"Whatever, mate," she muttered, knocking back another ale, then waving to the bartender for another one. The slave was proving to be a rather loud drunk, and while Tock didn't mind some drunken exuberance or a nice bar song now and then, she wasn't finding herself particularly fond of this particular type of attention.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Volinir Orchid on August 16th, 2012, 3:54 am

Volinir bared his teeth at Tock, his fangs extending again. "Fine. You're plain then," he snapped irritably with a dismissive wave of his hand. "Excuse me for being fond of the first person to treat me like something other than an animal in Viratas knows how long." The ale had made him impulsive, and clouded his judgement. As such, Tock's push was seen as hostility.

He had tried to lift her mood, but wound of spoiling his own. "One more, please..." he mumbled morosely to the bartender, scratching absently at the counter top with his index finger. Pretty soon he had made a decent sized gash in the wood. Volinir wasn't feeling very talkative any more. The ache was gone, and he was feeling a little light headed. He was tired. Very tired. It was getting late, but he had no desire to return to the house. "Petch, maybe I'll fall asleep at the bar..."
Volinir Orchid
Little spiderling

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on August 16th, 2012, 4:12 am

Tock finished off another ale, her mood soured. She slapped the man on the shoulder and said, "Dun git all pissy, mate. Jus' cause I what think yer an equal, dun mean fer ya gotta raise me up on no pedastal. 'Ow's we s'posed ta been equals, if'n ya put me way up 'ere, aye?" She smirked. She didn't mind compliments and praise, but she HATED it when anyone tried to treat anyone else like they were better or worse than each other. She thought everyone was equal, and that was that.

"I's see ya 'round," she told him, sliding off the stool and heading for the door. "Dun go gettin' yerself in no trouble, aye? Can't always 'spect someone ta been 'ere ta pull ya outta it..."

She punctuated this point with a belch, then headed back across the city, searching for the place where she was renting a room. She was drunk and exhausted, and sore from the fight. She needed to go pass out.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Volinir Orchid on August 16th, 2012, 9:23 pm

Volinir looked up and smiled faintly at her, laying his hand on her shoulder as well. "Sorry... Like I said, it's been a while, might've forgotten a couple things."

"I's see ya 'round, dun go gettin' yerself in no trouble, aye? Can't always 'spect someone ta been 'ere ta pull ya outta it..."

He chuckled softly and nodded, "I'll do my best. Visit the Nitrozian estate some time, eh? I'll sneak you a real drink if I can chance it." He rolled his shoulders and returned to nursing his drink, determined to fall asleep at the counter. They'd find him eventually... They always did.
Volinir Orchid
Little spiderling

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Persona on September 9th, 2012, 8:51 pm

Thread Award!

Volinir Orchid:

Skills:
Observation +1
Rhetoric +3
Brawling +2
Unarmed Combat +2
Acrobatics +1
Anthropology +1
Interrogation +1
Persuasion +1

Lores:
Derogatory Nickname: Spiderling
Tock: The Only Real Human Being in Ravok
Magic: Stuff that Sparkles

Extras:
Wound: Bruised Chin
The bruise will hurt for at least four days, then decrease in painfulness until they disappear twenty days later.

Wound: Nicked Eyebrow
If not exacerbated, this will take about five days to heal, leaving a small scar.

Wound: Cracked Rib
This will make it extremely painful to breathe until the rib is healed. It is highly recommended that you seek medical treatment. If allowed rest, the rib would heal in thirty days. If going about your normal business, fifty days. If further injured or stressed, the rib could take up to a season to recover, and may still pain you years later.

Notes:
Cracked ribs are serious business. Maybe ease up on the brutality to your fragile Sym body if you want to live very long, ey?

Minerva Agatha Zipporah (Tock):

Skills:
Brawling +2
Subterfuge +1
Rhetoric +2
Negotiation +1
Philosophy +1
Impersonation +1
Storytelling +1

Lores:
Appropriate Sunberthian Responses to a Fight
Inartans have Red Hair
It’s Time to Run When the Law Man Comes
The Art of Fleeing the Scene
Slaves Work Differently in Ravok
New Curse Word: caetszo

Extras:
Wound: Bruised Jaw
The bruise will hurt for at least four days, then decrease in painfulness until they disappear twenty days later.

Wound: Bruised rib
Breathing will be painful until the ribs are healed. If you rest, this will take about twenty days. Otherwise, it will take forty days to heal.

Notes:
Oh Tock. :) Ravok is so very not the place for you.

If you feel this grade was unfair in any way, or would like to request changes to this grade, please feel free to PM me and we can discuss it.
Persona
The Wildcard

Words: 41121
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2012, 9:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous