How To Save a Life [Tock]

When Tock saves a man from himself.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 17th, 2012, 12:22 am

Gale grunted when he was kicked. Sheesh! What was this girls problem?! When she shook him he attempted to push her away. This was just pointless. Both of them yelling at each other for no reason. Both were attacking each other like some animals. He blinked when she spat in his face. Was that really necessary? Was any of this necessary? Why couldn't she just leave him be?!

When Gale was dragged to the alley with a cold dagger placed up to his neck, Gale looked at her confused. First she saved him and now she was threatening to kill him? Would she make up her mind already? Gale felt the dagger dig into his neck.

"Have you given me a reason to be thankful? Was there something that I missed that was worth thanking?" Gale questioned. It was mainly to get things cleared up for him, not to bring any type of mixed feelings about her actions or anything.

Gale looked at her with anger but mostly confusion. He had no idea what was going on but dared to reply.

"Go ahead though. You'd be doing me a favor since you stopped me the first time. But before you do, may I ask, why you saved me in the first place? If you're going to kill me now, then why not just let me fall?"Once again, it wasn't to save his own skin or to make her think twice. Just to clear up the mystery.

He wasn't sure if she'd actually do it, not knowing Tock very well at all. He's seen her once and that was at a homemade pool in her backyard. And he didn't see much of her personality beside the fact she likes yelling. But oh well. If she didn't do it then they will both go their separate ways. If she did then his original goal would be complete. Either way, he couldn't really complain.
Last edited by Gale Austin McCenry on August 19th, 2012, 4:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on August 17th, 2012, 12:55 am

The petching fool didn't even seem to be scared. Well, she could fix that...

Her lips twisted into a sneer. She pressed up closer, one hand pressed against his chest to pin him up against the wall. She slid the dagger across his chin, drawing a line of blood, sending sharp pain through him. "Ya really wanna die, bloke?" she asked, staring him down with wild eyes. "Think it'll feel good, eh? Think ye'll be better off wit'out bein' 'ere?" She laughed, pulling the dagger back and aiming it at his face.

"Why shoulds I tell ya why?" she hissed. "If'n yer a dead man, 'en what difference does she make? Why ya care what I does...?"

She started sliding the blade down his neck, and across his chest. "But I ain't said I's make it quick onya," she whispered, brown eyes staring him down, unblinking. "If'n yer gonna die, yer gonna bleed out real slow. Cause 'at's what a coward deserves..." She slid the blade down to his side, at that sensitive spot just a bit under the arm, where one might be extra ticklish. Except she pressed the edge of the blade there, piercing his shirt and his skin, slowly. The cluster of nerves there made it an extra sensitive spot, and the pain would be horrible. Especially since she wasn't making it quick. She was slowly digging the blade into him, drawing it out, making it hurt extra long and extra hard. She wanted to teach him a lesson. Show him there were some things that hurt more than whatever problems he was running from. And he'd either learn the damn lesson, or he'd be used for spare parts...

"An' I ain't gonna let 'em bury ya," she whispered, letting out a soft cackle of utter madness. "I's cut ya up, an' make somethin' nice an' useful outta ya... Ain't nobody fer ta visit yer grave anyway, is 'ere? Nah... I's gonna make a coat outta yer 'ide, an' some new tools outta yer bones..."
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 17th, 2012, 2:05 am

Gale was backed up to the wall, looking at her with the same look as before. He jolted in surprise as she slide the knife across his chin and a sharp sting ran through him. But he managed to give her a hint of a smirk when she asked if he really wanted to die. Yes, he did actually. It was going to be hard to convince him otherwise too. When she hissed a reply to his question he managed a short reply before she slowly sliced at his side.

"I might not respect myself but I respect others enough to not wish that they were in my shoes."

When she slide the blade down his side, slicing his shirt and skin, Gale gasped in shock and instinctively tried to pull away. He closed his mouth to dull his yell to a loud, long groan. It was clear now that she was crazy enough to finish the job. The blonde felt blood drip down his side and stain his shirt. It's painful. Very painful. But he asked for it, it's not like he can take it back now. With the look in her eyes? Didn't seem like she was going to stop on request.
Last edited by Gale Austin McCenry on August 19th, 2012, 4:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on August 17th, 2012, 2:55 am

When he tried to pull away, she knew she was getting what she wanted. Fear. She had to make him fear death. Respect it. Understand what a gift it was. He didn't deserve death. No, if she had to stay in this world, had to continue working and living, then there was no way she'd give this coward what he wanted.

Unless he continued to piss her off. Then, yes, she would definitely kill him, and cut him up, and build something out of him. Turn him from a useless coward into a useful Automaton.

"What's wrong?" she asked with a demented laugh, the side of her coming out that so few people ever saw. "Thought ya wanted 'is?" She slid the knife lower, pointing it to his groin, the place a man would work hardest to protect. She gripped his shirt, in a tight enough grip to show she was serious, but just loose enough that if he really, really tried, he could pull away and flee.

She'd let him go... IF she saw that he genuinely wanted to escape, to live. Otherwise, he was getting gutted right here. She pressed the knife against his groin and said, "I think I's cut 'is off first... ain't like ya gonna need it no more..."
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 17th, 2012, 3:44 am

Oh dear Gods. This girl was nuts. (No pun intended) Gale knew death would be painful, especially from her, but that was taking it a little too far. I mean, seriously, what was she going to do with it?...That would be a rhetorical question. He didn't really want to know what she would do with.

Gale gave a nervous chuckle and looked at her as she said he wouldn't be using it anyway. She had a firm grip on his shirt which made escape harder if it wasn't hard enough already. Gale was an artist but not an escape artist so he couldn't just slip out of any situation. As a matter of fact, he could rarely get out of any situation at all, which is why he avoided this type of thing all together.

He let out another nervous chuckle and a awkward grin as he attempted to ease the dagger away,"Hey, can't we talk about this? Is all of this really necessary?"
Last edited by Gale Austin McCenry on August 19th, 2012, 4:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on August 17th, 2012, 5:39 am

Tock flipped the dagger up to his face, pointing it at his eyes. She smirked, still wearing that wicked, crazy look in her eyes. It was clearly working. Though she might still have to gut him. She could make him into a note-taking Golem. "Talk 'bout what, bloke?" she hissed. "Thought ya wanted ta die? Ain't nothin' ta talk 'bout... whazzay needs ta talk fer a dead man fer?"

She released his shirt and snagged him by the ear. She cackled wickedly. "Better ta start at the top," she muttered to herself. "Blood flows down... Can't start at the bottom, else 'e'll bleed out 'fore I's done..." She knew the ear was a painful place to get wounded. She fondly remembered the time she'd bitten someone's ear off. Still talking to herself, she muttered, "Corwin didn't like 'er much when I bit 'is ear off. Bled pretty good. Bet 'is'll 'urt like petchin' 'ell..."

She closed her teeth around his ear and bit down, though not quite hard enough to sever skin. Just hard enough for him to feel it. The ear was quite a sensitive spot, bending and twisting between her teeth. The pain would be excruciating. And just to drive the point home, she thrust her dagger up, feinting a stab towards his face, but pulling away at the last moment so it only dug into his hair, seeming as though she had just 'missed.'
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 17th, 2012, 6:02 pm

Gale let out a breath that he was holding when she moved the dagger away from his crotch and jolted when the dagger flipped to his face, pointing to his eye. She really wanted this to be as painful as possible. The girl had lost it. Gale didn't care anymore, he just didn't want to be near her. The death would have to come later because he didn't want her slowly biting and slicing him apart.

With a yell, Gale said,"Okay!! Okay, I see you're not in a very good mood then." Gale leaned away, his arms trying to push her away, but another brief yell let out of his mouth from the pulling on his ear,"We can continue this another time!" Gale told her with a nervous and painful look.
Last edited by Gale Austin McCenry on August 20th, 2012, 4:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on August 17th, 2012, 7:21 pm

When he started pushing her away, Tock let the man go, and gave him a good shove, making it seem like she was off balance from his struggles. But really, she was trying to push him off and get him running. Fleeing for his life, which he would hopefully not take for granted now.

She made a few intentionally clumsy swipes with her dagger to make sure he'd have to run away to avoid the blade. As soon as he was moving, she sheathed it. Then she shouted after him, "Ya should bloody say 'THANK YOUS'! I jus' done saved yer life, ya WANKER!"

Hopefully, now that he'd faced the possibility of death, and understood how painful it could be, it would knock some sense into him. Make him realize death was something to be properly feared. Shake him up enough that he'd be scared straight, and never try something so foolish again.

Threatening to murder someone was a harsh way to teach a lesson. But Tock didn't believe in coddling people.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 17th, 2012, 9:12 pm

OOCThis would be my final post for this thread. You can respond if you want but the thread has done its job and deserves to be wrapped up right about now.

Gale stumbled painfully away from Tock when he "pushed her away". He groaned from the agonizing pain in his ankle, side, and some from his ear still. He almost fell back when she swiped the dagger at him, but he kept to his feet and hobbled away painfully. He didn't go inside the Inn, since she was right there. He was just going to go far away. She was crazy, and he didn't particularly like crazy people. Especially after doing something like that.

Gale limped till he slumped against a wall. He didn't care where, as long as that crazy Vyke wasn't here. He wasn't going to try anything like that any time soon, that's for sure. If he did, he was going to do it outside of the city where he knew for sure he was alone. He really didn't want to have Tock or someone pop up again and have the cycle repeat. That would be horrible.

His hand clamped his bloody side as he panted softly. His other hand wiping the small amount of blood off his chin. He would go back home once he thought for sure Tock wasn't there. There he could clean up a little. He didn't think it was very serious, but if it got worse he would go to a healer. But for now, he thought he could take care of himself. Not that he got very far before.

"Ignorant clumsy fool." Gale muttered to himself. He should have been more careful, made sure that he wasn't going to be saved. But how was he suppose to know someone happened to be on the roof, looking down on him at the exact same time he jumped?

Gale waited about a half a bell before he decided that it was safe to go back. He got her point, he didn't think she would attack again. He wasn't going to take Tock's lesson lightly for a long time.

After arriving at the Inn once again, he got one or two funny looks from the few people still up. He ignored them and went straight to his room. After closing his door, he decided to use some of his blanket to clean up. He would buy a new one if he needed too but he didn't want to go and ask for a towel or something. He would have to go back down stairs and get it and he was exhausted, hurt, and irritated. He didn't want to talk to anyone or anything. He was so agitated he wasn't thinking straight anyway, the thought of getting a towel didn't come to him till after he already angrily ripped off an edge off his blanket.

He slid off his shirt and looked at the grievously painful slice on his side before wiping off the blood around it off. Gale knew nothing of medicine but he had enough common sense to keep it covered and clean to prevent infection. He ripped a long piece off the edge of the blanket and tied it around his torso with a wince. He would see a healer of some sort as soon as he can if it got worse.

Gale sighed in relief as he finished and plopped on his bed. He was frazzled and he just wanted to rest. Not sure how much he could get with the night's events still stuck in his head but he was going to try anyway. Unlike what he thought, Gale fell asleep almost instantly.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Arcane on September 25th, 2012, 6:18 am

Rewards and Treasure!

Experience Points
+1 Medicine

Lores
Attempting Suicide
Suicide Foiled: Saved by Tock
Tock's Rage
Tock's Crazy Method of Persuasion

Miscellaneous
n/a

Comments
I did not include Sprained Ankle and the superficial wounds as Injuries under Consequences because it would have healed by Fall, so adding it would be redundant.

Oh dear Gods. This girl was nuts.
I laughed hard at this one.

Let me know if there's anything else you want :) But thank god Gale is still alright haha he's one of my favorite characters in Zeltiva :)

Arcane
Magic & Mechanics

Words: 117525
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Office
Plotnotes

Previous