A Human Among Us (Deus,closed)

A human attempts entry into Taloba

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Taloba, home to the Myrians, is the thriving core of Falyndar. Inhabited by a fierce and savage tribe where blood sacrifices are normal and a way of life, they are untamed and proud of it. Warlike, and with their numbers growing, the Myrians are set on reclaiming what is rightfully theirs. [Lore]

Postby Siiri on August 11th, 2012, 5:37 pm

Continuation from The Gates

Timestamp: 1st of Summer, 512AV

OOC Note :
Hi Deus,

Please post your reply to my post in the Gates thread here. We shall continue the RP of that scene here.
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Deus Mors on August 12th, 2012, 6:24 pm

Deus stopped brushimg his horses hair taking a second to put the bone brush back in his backpack. He slid the backpack back over his shoulders and looked to Siiri. He looked at her as if she was a ghost as if something much more important was behind her. Which in Deus' case he did find the city of Taloba much more important then one mere myrian. The skinny man looked up to the sky and let a rain drop fall into his hand and then looked back to Siiri.

Hopefully the water doesn't ruin the contents of my backpack." He thought to himself."I request entrance into the city." He said to her in a very drawn out calm relaxed way as if being approached by a well armed female was a every day thing to him.
Last edited by Deus Mors on August 14th, 2012, 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deus Mors
Player

Words: 1719
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2012, 5:24 am
Race: Human

Postby Siiri on August 14th, 2012, 12:38 am

RequestCould you change the color of your speech text? Green on a brown background is a little hard on the eyes.

The man had a nonchalant air about him, almost carefree, and it raised the ire of Siiri even more. How this man managed to survive the dangers of the wilds with such an attitude, she couldn't even begin to fathom. She did take note of the implement he used to brush his mount's mane, however.

Bone. A local?

That was impossible, she knew. Save for the blasted Dhani nestled in their underground lair, her people had wiped out every other race in the jungles of Falyndar. To her knowledge, at least. But any outsider - or deyhan, as they are called among her people - trying to get a foothold in their territory would be met with a quick and brutal end. So who was this man?

One way to find out. Of all the damned days to receive a 'guest'...

She approached rider and mount, not caring if she spooked the horse with her unfamiliar scent or not. Siiri feared neither man nor beast, not with her greatsword firmly resting in her hands. Any attack from either of them would have her lash out with the massive blade. In truth, she had already considered running the man through, but there must have been a reason why the archers lining the city walls had not shot him and his horse upon sight.

"And what reason is there that we should allow you inside? Other than to serve as a sacrifice upon the Goddess-Queen's altar, that is. Many a deyhan have crossed the threshold of our city. Most of them stained the temple's stones with their life blood."
Last edited by Siiri on August 14th, 2012, 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Deus Mors on August 14th, 2012, 1:43 am

OOCSorry I should have checked the color before I used it.

Deus firmly held his ground not backing up to make room for her as she grew closer to him and his house. He looked Siiri up and down.
"Why does this Myrian even care whether I enter the city or not?" He looked down to his hands extending out his fingers and then putting them back to his sides and looking back up to her. He felt tempted to use his hypnotism on her but he resisted that temptation being as he knew the Myrians were watched over by a goddess. He rubbed the material of his coat with no expression on his face with one hand the other idling by his side.

"This filth expects me to beg and plead for entrance into the city." He thought and looked to his horse. "Bet she wouldn't mind seeing me get on my knees to plead either." He calmly said "What do you want me to say?"
Deus Mors
Player

Postby Siiri on August 14th, 2012, 2:55 am

"Say?"

Siiri had to laugh, although there was no mirth in the sound of it. She thought the boy before her a naive, though his youthful countenance already betrayed his inexperience in the ways of the world. Everyone knew the reputation of her people, and this human spoke to her with an air of disdain and ignorance. Either he had been living beneath a rock all his life, or he was a fool. Or both.

"You mistake me, deyhan," she replied, uttering the last word as if it left a bad taste in her mouth. "Nothing you say or do matters to me."

She gestured at the skeleton of a massive serpent pegged above the gate behind her. It was very prominent among the numerous skulls and bones that adorned the length of the stone walls, and very much visible even in the torrential downpour that clouded their vision.

"Dhani queen," Siiri identified. "She could break you and your horse's back with the flick of her tail. Rumor had it she was skilled in all sorts of magicks as well." The Myrian woman spat out the word 'magic' like it was a curse. "And yet here she is, deader than a Charoda's appetite for meat. My people killed the poor fool, stripped the flesh from her bones with their teeth. It probably took ten - twenty? - of our numbers to take her down. I, on the other hand, could kill a mere bug like you with my thumb.

"Now I'm asking you, why should I let you enter - alive?"

OOCJust staying true to character, culture and lore. :)
==/==
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Deus Mors on August 14th, 2012, 9:02 am

OOCI got no problem with you acting how a Myrian should.

Deus looked at the skeleton of the Dhani Queen as if she was a mere beggar. "It took twenty Myrians to take her down how pathetic."
He noted how the Myrian said the word Magic as if it was filthy being purged from her mouth when she said it. He wanted to point his short sword at her and tell her to allow him entrance because he didn't fear death unlike her. However he figured the girl was much more skilled with a sword then him and would feel insulted if he said such a thing.
"What is with these pathetic Vagiks always wanting to play soldier."

He took out the bone comb once more a stroked his horse' hair one more stroke and then put the comb back away. "What makes you think I can be easily killed?
Deus Mors
Player

Postby Siiri on August 14th, 2012, 1:53 pm

Arrogance.

It fairly dripped from the airs the boy had put up, from the dismissive glance he directed at the skeleton to the seemingly careless way he want back into grooming his horse. It was not something Siiri was used to receiving. Not from a human. And especially not from a mere male. The dismal weather had already done its job in fouling up her mood and, unfortunately for the human, her patience had just about run dry for the little game he was playing.

Pursing her lips, she let rip a sharp whistle. It was a signal, one that would surely call the attention of every archer atop the stone walls who could see the boy and his mount and take a bead on them with their bows and arrows. If Siiri had to guess, she would estimate about twenty of her fellows, give or take a few, have brought their ranged weapons to bear against the interloper.

"One thing you're failing to understand, human, is that I'm the one asking the questions around here. But to answer your own question - it would take but a heartbeat for one of my friends' arrows to find your heart to still it."

Siiri herself had set her feet apart, centering her balance and pulling up her greatsword into a ready position, in case the boy was foolish enough to try and charge through her and to the tunnel behind her. She was well past wanting to deal with human nonsense and was prepared to let her blade do the talking.

"It is your choice. If you are truly looking for entry, answer as I have asked you. Even then, the decision to let you in lies solely upon me, and you are not doing very well in convincing me to grant you safe passage. Only Myri herself can overrule my choice in the matter, human.

"Otherwise, you can turn around now and return from wherever you came from. I will even give you a few bells head start before I call one of the tiger riders on you."

It was a potent threat, for even the leopardbred horses the Myrians used would be hard-pressed to outpace a Myrian tiger and its rider when they were in a hunt. Deus would do well to change his tune now, for human arrogance - or even a male's arrogance, no matter the race - had no place in Taloba. Hundreds of years ago, a male god had foolishly done the same, and he died in the hands of the city's Goddess-Queen. The same fate could easily befall him.

Note :
You may want to catch up on reading the Lore and understanding what you've gotten your PC into. He's on very shaky ground at best right now.
==/==
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)