[Silverwine Tavern] Meeting of friends, new and old [Closed]

Thread is for Vinrir, Pyros, Jassil and Merinil.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The fortified mountain city of the Isur. [Lore]

Postby Vinrir Stoneheart Sultros on August 15th, 2012, 2:55 am

Timestamp: 37th Summer, 512 A.V.

Vinrir thanked Pelini as she set the mug of Isurian ale down in front of him, taking his silver Miza. Normally he made small talk about with Pelini or Helena about their lives of his, but his head was in other places right now. He was restless, eager to move. He felt there were certain things that needed to be done, for good or ill as their results may fall.

Taking a long pull from the mug, Vinrir let the warm ale run smooth down his throat, the strong taste invigorating his blood. He needed to make moves, to climb the ladder in the Sultros Clan, to bring to event his plans and desires. Maybe he would got to the forge and work through the night. He needed to focus himself and connecting with Izurdin through the heat and smell of the forge was the best way he knew how. To take part in the very essence of who the Isur were, crafting of any degree and level, was of the highest form of worship one could give to their god.

The Sultros Isur was ready to order another mug of Isurian ale, but saw his friend, if one from Pitrius Clan could be considered that to a Sultros, and stood to greet him, clasping his red-toned arm to Pyros' black arm. "Greetings brother of Izurdin. Does this day find you thirsty?" This was the usual greeting for either one of them to the other. Most of their time together was spent in the Silverwine Tavern drinking and talking. It was where they had first met and had turned it into a regular meeting that had continued, even given the clan tensions with the dreams that everyone had been discussing for the last months.

Gesturing to a chair at his table, Vinrir took his seat again, declining any more ale for himself right now as Helena made a pass to the table, giving one of her tempting smiles. As much as he would have loved to have another drink and banter and flirt with her, he preferred to limit his alcohol intake when around others. A clear head was an important asset.

OOCPyros, Merinil and Jassil: All three of you and I have history, separate from the others. You all should PM one another and sort if/how you know one another. If you are all strangers, that is fine with me as I can work on my...diplomacy and leadership abilities and trying to unite/calm tensions. If you want a history, also awesome and cool with me. Posting order is the order in which you all post.

Vinrir Stoneheart Sultros
For honor of Clan and Family

Words: 21860
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2012, 12:41 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Pyros Ignus Pitrius on August 15th, 2012, 5:40 pm

Pyros smiled as he saw his friend within the tavern, moving through the crowd until the man stood up. "Greetings My brother. This day indeed finds me thirsty. And drinks are on you." He smiled, his black arm coming up to clasp the wrist of Vinrir's red one. "Much has happened since last we sat and drank together, My brother." The Sultros, one of Pyros' oldest and closest friends, was about the only one who could get the Pitrius this far outside of his clan's city. But when a brother calls you for a drink, you go for a drink. He moved to the chair tthat Vinrir indicated, holding his right hand up for a drink. Soon a tankard of ale was placed before him, and his coin given in payment. "What troubles you Vinrir? It is not like you to call me from Pitrius and my studies, old friend?" He would ask, his quiet voice concerned, "Is there trouble?" His voice grew less concerned, and more with authority. Though Vinrir was of the ruling clan, Pyros was technically older, and always looked after his younger friend. The fact that Vinrir wasn't flirting with Helena also worried Pyros, and since the Djed storm, the clans, his own and the Zealots had withdrawn from the others. Pyros was one of the few who still considered Sultros, Terras, and Coglias his friends.
Pyros Ignus Pitrius
The Isur of Stone!

Words: 1661
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2012, 3:12 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jassil Ironhammer Terras on August 16th, 2012, 12:37 am

Jassil made her way through the street, towards her destination. There were times she hated Sultros. All of the stuffy Sultros clan commanding over everyone else, and all the people. But it was truly a wonder, a miracle of the Isur race. She just had to deal with the realities of life.

She'd been called to the tavern by an old acquittance. One of the few men she'd be willing to give a favor for, a person who'd helped her fulfill her Isurian heritage of blacksmithing. Vinrir Stoneheart Sultros. She entered the tavern, gazing over the patrons. There was Vinrir, embracing another man who seemed to be of Pitrius clan. The pitrius clan was an oddity in Jassil's mind. Small, yet old. Weaker in the body, yet strongest in mind. Magic vs. blacksmithing. Yes, Jassil had dabbled in magic briefly, but it was almost always with a focus on her blacksmithing. Jassil made her way over to Vinrir, grabbing a seat at the table next to Vinrir.

"Evening."
Jassil Ironhammer Terras
Player

Words: 3780
Joined roleplay: August 8th, 2012, 11:18 pm
Storyteller secrets

Postby Merinil on August 16th, 2012, 10:41 pm

She had remained decidedly neutral when the Pitrius and Terras had freak nightmares and clashed with the Sultros, Vizerian and Coglias. Lord Pitrius and Lady Terras weren't her clan leaders, so why should she listen? And to reinforce that, she wandered freely between clans, and no one stopped her. She was the dream of the lost kingdom of old, why should they? So today, she had been strolling through the Sultros Citadel, conversing with merchants and traders and teasing them with her exotic yellow arm and the somewhat revealing Night Sky dress that hugged her figure and sparkled with the heavens.

It wasn't chance that she casually walked into the Silverwine Tavern; she adored the Silverwine and it was about time for a drink. Mother always said she drank too much, but screw that bitch. She was an adult, and as such, could do whatever the petch she wanted without the input of Mother. It was then that she spotted Vinrir, drinking with Uncle Pyros and with a purple-armed Terras chick sitting next to him. She looked young, too young for him. At least 15 years younger than Merinil herself. But who was she to judge if he liked to bang girls half his age? Because of course that's all a Terras girl would be doing here, with the rift between Sultros and Terras. She long knew that Pyros was friends with Vinrir, but she'd never seen this girl before.

She nonchalantly strode to Vinrir and punched him in the face. It wasn't a hard punch, but it packed a bit of force from her bodybuilding. What a wonderful way to greet someone! Especially since he was so, incredibly, painfully formal. She smiled down at him.

"Hey, sweet cheeks. Bang anyone new?" She sat down across from him, and waved to Helena.

"Can I get a Silverwine? Thanks." She turned to face everyone across from her, and wondered what Uncle Pyros thought of her delightful manners. Perhaps he'd tell daddy that she punched a Sultros in the face today. Wouldn't he love that. He hated the Sultros, even more since the Djed storm.
Last edited by Merinil on August 19th, 2012, 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
„ As the yellow gold is tried in fire, so the faith of friendship must be seen in adversity. “
Merinil
I am strength.

Words: 13513
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 1:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Virres on August 18th, 2012, 11:12 pm

Vir's heart called out for action, for the freedom of doing one thing for the sheer joy of it, the blazing pleasure of a job well done, of the praise of others. He had been in the city of Sultros for quite some time, and had found many of the best establishments, whether for food, fighting, or... other endeavors, he had found them all, and now he needed the comfort of the crowd, the company of others.

His heart a slow staccato beat, he wandered from his small home and out into the bustling streets of the city. His heart stopped suddenly, as it always seemed to do now when he laid his eye upon the beauty of the city in which he had been spending much of his time since the fallout between his birth clan and the clan of his mother. He was sad to see the tension within the people who passed him, their minds so occupied with other things, that they seemed to have become jaded to the beauty that surrounded them. To him it was a dismal sight, bringing an ache to his great heart.

But, those on the street were not there to be entertained, to have their problems brushed away by the beauty around them, or by anything really. Vir could feel it in his bones, a need to spread something, anything to those around him, the need to let his heart take wing and bring a piece of himself to his people, no matter the color of their arm. His mind raced in its musings, sifting through the many locations locked away within its depths.

At last he settled on a destination,a tavern he had visited on multiple occasions, a rowdy vibrant place full of life. That was it, the answer to his crushing compulsion, a place he could let his mind and soul rejoice and glow. His feet seemed to move of their own accord dragging him, in a rush, in and around the crowds with a dancers grace, coming to a rest only when they were planted firmly at the entryway of his destination.... Silverwine Tavern.

The emerald green of his left hand rested lightly upon the door, his ears easily picking up the sounds of life, men singing loudly their voices drunkenly off key, happy banter between patrons and the staff, the clink of each and every mug as it touched down upon one table or another. It brought a smile to his face, the sounds of the everyday bustle, and even the feel of the door with its masterful carving, this was what hed been craving. He slowly put pressure on the door swinging it open gently, letting the golden aura of the tavern spill out around him before stepping inside his heart already beginning to lighten.

Immediately his senses were enveloped in the sights, scents, and sounds that he held most dear. Laughter, woodsmoke on the fire, old friends meeting and drinking at tables leaden with food and drink. Vir allowed himself a moment to drink in the harmony, the symphony, before moving deeper into the room, carefully making his way to the bar.

As he went his eyes wandered the length and breadth of the room, searching for another like himself, one there to bring life and vitality, one to bring entertainment. He spotted no one but the small band playing soothing music in the background, a beautiful counterpart to the normal sounds of the bar and its patrons. But he could not find a single singer in sight, not a single bard or storyteller... a lucky break.

Vir let his hands rest on the polished surface of the bar, waiting patiently for the barman's attention, while letting his fingers slowly trace the myriad patters, letters, and names carved into the bars ancient surface. His mind wandered, wondering at the hands that had made such marks, at their skill or lack thereof, until the barman's deep bass broke his reverie," What can I getcha friend?"

He smiled brightly at the man, his eyes making a quick sweep, noting as much as he could, from the mans splotched apron, to the rich clothing, what there is of it, underneath before answering," Ah my brother, it isnt what you can get me... its what I can bring you." He said it lightly, his voice wheedling and bright. The bartender merely smiled and returned," Oh aye? And how do you plan to do that?" Vir let his voice slip into a nearly hypnotic tone, its contours melodic and musical," By singing my friend, I took a moment to listen to your musicians, each and every one of them are skilled, they work well together but what really rakes in the patrons.... is a bard. And now here one stands."

Finishing with a flourish and a bow, he elicited a small snort of amusement from the barkeep," Alright, alright. Ill let you on for now, just so long as your wage is fair." Vir flashed that blinding smile and nodded to the man," I merely ask a percentage of the profits, and maybe a free ale to throw into the mix." The barkeep nodded the terms acceptable," Alright if youll be entertaining youd best get to it no? I have customers to serve, and I hope more on the way." The man turned away with a laugh going back to business.

As Vir turned from the bar his step was light, nearly ethereal, as he moved through the crowded room towards the small stage. As he moved he took note of the mood in the room, the small separation between clansmen, even here in this place of revelry the stress of the outside world forced cracks in the unity of their people... a thought came to mind as he turned back to the stage and its troupe of performers to whom he quickly whispered a few instructions. Soon an entirely different tune, a different mood, radiated out from the musicians skillfully played instruments. Notes of deep sadness, of regret, floated through the room, slowly interrupting the conversation throughout, and Vir readied for the small part he would play in these peoples busy lives this day.

"Isur united, and firm
Strength, unlimited
Bound together, clan to clan
We stand undefeated
Hue of arm unimportant
We stand together

In this way do we live,
In this way do we survive,
In this way have we faced all foes,
And brought them low to low.

Now we see with light of the seer
Conflicting dreams of the wrong and the right
Breaking our heart of united clan
To pit us one against the other

Sultros, heart of hearts
Ringing orders echo on high
Coglias, muscle and sinew
That moves and flexes its might
Vizerian, soul and light
Fervor mounting, the righteous fight
Terras, fire and spirit
Forges bellow, and cry
Pitrius, strength of mind
Weave spells of silence, power crushing sight"

His voice slowly faded away, his eyes roaming the rapt crowd and catching their eyes one by one, staring down those that had separated themselves on the basis of clan or color, daring them to say anything. Many had the grace to look embarrassed as his gaze raked over them, while some others seemed to bristle at the disappointment, and sadness his voice had conveyed to those around him.

Truly the only table he could see that seemed to be completely integrated was one towards the back, a sultros sitting next to brethren of several clans, for a fleeting moment Vir felt he recognized some there, but he could not see them clearly, besides Vir was not finished yet, the musicians still played, the crowd still watched his every move, and after he felt there had been an appropriate pause, his voice picked up again. The music slowly shifted to a slow lament, a pleading working its way into each and every note.

"Broken now our unity
Broken now our strength
Broken now our bonds

What now holds the mighty Isur
In gilded comforting embrace?
Enemies rampant without our walls
While divided with internal strife?

I say stand for good of the people
Away with the future bleak and dark
Our people stand united
To rise to the world of light

Too long have we stayed
Our mountains vast and rich
Too long in our solitude
Hidden, a bubble in time

So I say to you all
We must stand for the good of our people
And face that which may come
Our clans one and whole
Once more bound
Isurian implacable might"

Slowly his voice died out, hoarse and raw with the emotion he tried to instill in those around him. His head fell a little as he hoped from the stage, and began to walk towards the bar, he cared not for the reaction of the crowd, he merely hoped some of the ideals he was trying to instill had gotten through to the stubborn people around him.

At the sound of familiar voices, however, his head raised and he finally noticed the circle of faces known to him, around a nearby table..... Vinrir an old rival and friend, Pyros his old mentor, Meri....(no comment), and his younger cousin Jassil. All of them together. He smiled a little ruefully and pulled up a chair plopping down tiredly to see what they were about.
Virres
Player

Words: 16489
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2012, 9:32 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vinrir Stoneheart Sultros on August 20th, 2012, 2:10 pm

Vinrir smiled at the comment of drink being on him, used to this greeting as it always seemed to be that he had to buy drinks, though he hardly paid for both of their drink, though at time he did feel generous enough to do so. They took their seats and the Sultros Isur nodded, ”It has been a good many days since we have talked. What have been up to locked away in your secretive Silver Tower?” Vinrir did not expect an answer to the latter part of his statement. Though they were friends, and have been talking for many years, the happenings behind the doors of the Silver Tower were something Pyros never spoke of, a clear but subtle reminder of the differences between clans and the secrets they maintained.

Pyros was asking him a question as a purple-armed Terras Isur walked her way to the table and took a seat closer to him and Pyros, giving her greeting in a flat Isur tone that did not sound welcoming. Understandable given that she was a strong female Terras who was surrounded by dozens of Sultros in this part of the Kingdom, as well as having to suffer through the company of two males.
”Evening Sister of Izurdin. Thank you for coming out of the comforts of your Citadel to suffer the company of us males.” Vinrir gave the wise-crack comment in good jest as he usually made a comment of similar nature to Jassil, knowing her speaking to him was a rare thing and had only been earned with his helping her in Sultros. ”I will answer your question in a moment my dear friend as to what plagues me. There are others coming, and I see Merinil now.
The Uluth Isur made her way over to the table and without breaking stride, brought her right arm up in a blur of yellow that struck the side of Vinrir’s face with a thud, promising some pain for the Sultros. To those unaccustomed to this, it was grounds for a full blown fight to break out, regardless if she was an Isur of the Lost Clans. However, as his head came back forward, Vinrir could be seen standing up and moving around Jassil and bringing his left arm, dark red and beautiful to cross his body in an equally strong blow that would strike her left shoulder. This return of blows and the smiles would disarm anyone ready to fight, seeing it was a custom greeting. For a moment as they stood, they could see the two and their red and yellow arms next to each other, an odd sight but one that could easily give them image of fire in the forge given Merinil was as hard as the anvil and Vinrir was working to bend and shape things as a hammer does. He sought to improve the Kingdom, to bring to fruition the dreams of the Sultros, Colgias and Vizeran clans if he could as well as bringing back the Terras and Pitrius Clans.

Taking his seat, he waited for Merinil to sit before replying to her,
”You are so crass at time Merinil. You should try being sweeter sometimes.” The former statement was said in truth, but the last was said in teasing jest knowing she would never become sweeter on his words alone, or probably at all. She was brutal and harsh, but he found it a strong and desirable straight in Isur.

Vinrir had the people here he wanted, for the moment at least, as was opening his mouth to address the question Pyros had asked him when he first arrived when his ears picked up a voice singing, a deep and strong voice but as beautiful in it’s form and creation of words as any Terras Isur could produce in the forge. Turning around in his seat, his eyes fell on the green-armed Isur of Virres singing. This was something he had always loved to do, ever since Vinrir had known him at least, and his skill with it had improved to the point that groups would stop to listen to him sing. It was a slightly odd sight to see a Coglias-born Isur singing, but not unwelcome.

Vinrir sat, as drawn in as everyone else was for good or ill, listening to the words that Virres sang. He sung of the Isur Clan’s strength, of the common heritage of colored arms that bound them and the unity they once possessed, even if in small degree, that brought them through the trials thus far. Slowly though, his words turned to the dreams and the chasms that had formed and separated the clans against each other. These words slowly faded to a description of the five clans and their primary strengths, the words ringing true to the heart and ears of Vinrir, though there was one discorded sound among this all. Uluth. The Lost Clan was represented once more and Vinrir, friends with her, was clearly aware of this gap in the words of Virres. This point would only further serve him and guide him along the path of which he wanted and saw as best for the Isur.

Vinrir was pondering the words sung thus far as Virres glanced around; glaring at several tables of Isur that had separated based on color, or sometimes based on dreams. His words started up again, emotion and passion flowing into every word, every letter as he let ring his voice. Vinrir had been drawn to the passion of Virres as they had met and become friends over the decades, even with him being younger. He had a vision for the unity of the Isur that aligned with Vinrir’s, and that was something Vinrir would use. Though Vinrir agreed with his King on his views of letting humans into the Citadels, it was with trepidation that he agreed. Vinrir felt the Isur were better than the humans, and other races but more importantly he worried of human spies infiltrating the Kingdrom and reporting back to their superiors. He did not trust the other races and saw them as a risk, though not to the extreme that Lady Terras and Lord Pitrius had dreams of.

Vinrir turned back around, his face clearly in thought as Virres continued singing, his voice fading out as he ended his final verse for the moment. Vinrir was unaware of Virres walking over until he sat down, his mind echoing the words Virres had sung, but the discorded sound that was the absence of Uluth ringing louder.

The tavern slowly returned to normal, each table picking up their discussions from before, or carrying on about the words of the Coglias-born Isur, for good or ill. Silence hung around Vinrir’s table though, as each person waited on him to speak as he had asked most of them here. It was almost ten minutes before Vinrir spoke again, looking up at the group.

”Virres, your song was true and accurate to the need of unity among our Clans. However, there was one problem with it.Vinrir let the words hang, making sure everyone was paying attention to him, as well as giving them all a moment to consider his words. At length, he turned his eyes towards Merinil and spoke, ”Clan Uluth. They were left out of your song. Though they are a lost clan, for the present time and moment we cannot afford to look at them as such as they have someone here who represents who they are and their sacred touch to Izurdin that most of us will never even taste of, let alone see.

Your words were true as you spoke of the unity we need as Isur, regardless of clan color and heritage, but we must not forsake those among us who represent an age past and possibly an age in the future. Even if she does not agree with this or want to face it.
Vinrir broke his gaze from Merinil after his words in her defense and looked to Virres to gauge his reaction to this, his eyes holding the gaze of his brother Isur for a long moment before turning to look at Pyros and Jassil. ”You two I appreciate coming here. Given the chasm that was formed between your clans and the other three, it says a lot you would come here, even at my request. And that chasm is why I have asked you all here.

Before the Valterrian, we know that our Clans were not the most unified, and it took the Valterrian to bring us together to the degree we have come to, all of our clans responsible to those who were able to make it out. However, the dreams that our leaders had and many of us had, threaten that already tenuous bond, threatening to turn us upon ourselves when we most need to be united and strong!”
Vinrir’s voice grew hard and louder as he spoke, the anger at the childish attitude and insolence of the clans bringing out a side of him not often let loose, a side of heated anger and hatred towards the leaders of the Clans for letting things get this bad.

”We have Zith attacks increasing in frequency as well as in potency! Many of our brothers and sisters, red and green, blue and black and purple-armed, all dying daily in defense if our Citadels and Kingdom as well as the trading posts and caravans and we sit here and argue about who is right or wrong over dreams! If we do not stop this childish attitude of ours and unite ourselves then we will see that we ourselves bring about our ruin as a race!

Vinrir let his voice dropped sharp and suddenly, most of the tavern having silenced themselves at his ever-increasing voice and anger. It was not them he was concerned about though. It was his brothers and sisters at this table.
”That is why I asked you here. Clan and Lady Terras will not listen to me as I am a male. But Jassil, you can raise your voice and possibly gain the attention of Lady Terras or somebody who can get her ear. I am nothing more than a strong willed Sultros who values our survival as a race above all else. Maybe you can upon someone to get me audience, or at least gain some support for me to be heard. And you Pyros,” his eyes fell on the black-armed mage of Pitrius clan, ”You are older than even myself, giving you more people you are connected to in Pitrius. Though part of me is hesitant to tread the halls of Citadel Pitrius, I need to be able to speak to Lord Pitrius and gain some support.” At his comment of treading Pitrius halls, Vinrir smiled slightly at Merinil, remembering their first encounter as he was running around unescorted through their halls so many years ago.
”I know I ask a huge favor in this. I ask something that might be beyond either of you to do or accomplish, but it is needed for the good of our race. If we fail in unifying ourselves, all six Clans, then we risk the Zith overpowering us in numbers alone. Not one of our Clans could stand alone against them forever. And while I do not trust humans or any other race, I do not think we should shut the out entirely. We should be watchful, but we should still let them into our cities, at least a bit.”

His words trailed off and he waited. He waited the response of everyone at the table. Should Jassil and Pyros accept his request, he would owe them a huge favor. Should they turn away from him and his request, he would be pained but he would press on to find other connections. As for Virres, he hoped his words of Uluth would have an effect him and his words next time he would sing. Lastly in his thoughts was Merinil. She might not have his aspirations of leadership and unity, but he still valued her as a friend and someone by his side. She was strong-willed and harsh in her words, but they were seldom completely false. She was as real a member of her own clan as of the rest of them were and it was time this was recognized…

OOCPosting order for reference: Vinrir, Pyros, Jassil, Merinil, Virres.
Vinrir Stoneheart Sultros
For honor of Clan and Family

Words: 21860
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2012, 12:41 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Pyros Ignus Pitrius on August 23rd, 2012, 3:28 am

The Pitrius Isur listened to the words of his friend, watching as first a member of Terras, then his own Niece show up. Of course, he wasn't expecting to see Meri slug Vinrir in the face, but it caused an uproar of laughter from the Black-armed Mage. He shook his head at her words, "Mind your manners, Niece." The Pitrius muttered, his voice barely above a whisper even as his ears picked up a song. An Isurian Song about the Five Clans, sung by one of the Green-armed Coglias clan members. As Vinrir let out introductions, Pyros took a drink from his glass, raising it in a toast to his brother-friends words about Clan Uluth. However, when the Male turned to him to speak of walking through the Pitrius Citadel to contact his Lord, Pyros had to stop, to think.

"Tis true, we need to gather the clans to throw out this invasion. But Vinrir, what you speak of may not be possible after the Dreaming." The Mage spoke in a low tone, watching those around him, caring little for any not at his table. He was an adept Mage, worrying little for others. "I can get you into the Citadel, and perhaps secure a meeting with The Lord of Pitrius. But I don't know what else I can do to aid you beyond what I already do. The Zith be threat to all of Sultros, but that doesn't mean everyone will see that unity is the solution, my brother." Pyros stated, his words, as always carefully thought upon, reflected upon. He spoke only the truth, as Vinrir would well know, since Lying did little for him. "I offer you my magic, and arm should the need arise. I can not, however, pledge the same for my clan brothers."
Pyros Ignus Pitrius
The Isur of Stone!

Words: 1661
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2012, 3:12 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jassil Ironhammer Terras on August 25th, 2012, 12:58 am

Jassil snorted lightly.

“Damn right your thankful for me having to put up with you males.”

Soon after she had made her own half sarcastic comment, she was definitely topped by the new arrival. A yellow-armed female came in, socked Vinrir right in the face, and sat into a relaxed position. Yep, definitely going to like this one. A quick movement got her up off the chair and down into the one next to the new arrival. Jassil leaned back for awhile and simply listened for a moment, till she picked up a distinct yet unsettling voice. Deep, powerful, and singing. Cousin Virres… great. And then, to top it off, Vinrir spoke up, speaking in a way that left no doubt that Vinrir knew Virres somehow. Great. Knowing her luck, Virres would get invited over, or just come over since he knew her, no matter how much she might wish otherwise.

After that, Vinrir got down to the meat of what he planned. Joining of the clans together again. But how far? Of course he was totally right, Lady Terras and the clan would never listen to a male. But he was wrong that he thought she could help.

“You know how young I am. I start telling them about this, they’ll think I’m actually listening to males … as if. I’m not sure I can help you. I can talk to a few people in the clan, but I’ve got almost less say than you do. Especially considering … nevermind.”

Yep, she was definitely not going to admit to knowing Virres… she still almost wished she didn’t. But still, what she had said so far was still true.
Jassil Ironhammer Terras
Player

Words: 3780
Joined roleplay: August 8th, 2012, 11:18 pm
Storyteller secrets

Postby Merinil on August 25th, 2012, 3:45 am

And then the Terras girl sat next to her. Was it because she punched Vinrir? They were all so...feminist. She looked young...30, 35 at the most. What was she doing here, hanging out with people double her age? Ridiculous.

And then a Coglias boy started singing...what was the world coming to? The only Terras she'd be caught dead with was Jilly. For some reason, she thought about Iskarsir. What was the little rascal up to now? Not that it mattered. That thing was as clever as a raven and sly as a fox. She completely ignored the Coglias and drank her Silverwine.

When Vinrir stood up and started yelling - again - Merinil didn't listen. He was always up and about everything. 'Oh, a Coglias was not able to join the Silver Tower because all the Pitrius thought he was a meathead; LET'S RANT ABOUT IT' all the time. He was so annoying, even after knowing him for 30 years.

"It's okay, sweetheart. I can defend my own honor or whatever it is you're talking about." All she had heard was something about Uluth. He got all pissy when someone didn't add Uluth to something, like she cared. He cared more than she did. And like anyone really would. She didn't have a whole clan, she had a person. Maybe another person who happened to be hiding somewhere. So why would someone include her? She associated herself with Pitrius for only a few things, and those were the only things that she needed a clan for. Trazen. Marriage. Not siding with the Terras about a dream or doing this or that. She didn't need a clan. She was her own clan and her own family.
„ As the yellow gold is tried in fire, so the faith of friendship must be seen in adversity. “
Merinil
I am strength.

Words: 13513
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 1:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Virres on September 1st, 2012, 11:34 am

Vir waited patiently for the others to finish with their individual answers before he deigned to raise his voice,"Vinrir my friend I understand your fervor. The clans are split, danger rides upon the winds, slowly encircling our mountain homes, but you must curb your ambition. At least for a while, these times have our people as close to true turmoil as theyve been in centuries you must give such things time. You must work at them slowly.... And as to my music, I realize that I left out the Uluth... but there is good reason, no single member can constitute an entire clan, no offense Merinil, but she may present a hope that others of her clan may still survive."

He sat back in his chair momentarily mulling over his next words," To win over such as the clan leaders you must first, in my mind, win over the members of the clan. Here you have friends and.. acquaintances that will help you if they can, but I fear you may ask too much of them... at least for now. I sang out my passion to those in this bar in the hopes of swaying the hearts of even a few clansmen, for by such small ripples are the waves of change created." Suddenly Vir realized that he had probably said too much for one so young and ducked his head in an uncomfortable silence... but hed said his peace and would have done with it.
Sorry it tooks so long and is so... bad IRL stuff T_T
Virres
Player

Words: 16489
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2012, 9:32 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next