Little Ball of Fur

the Courtyard; Merinil buys a kitten from a merchant.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Headquarters to Izurdin's Hammer and the entry point into and out of Sultros City, Sultros Citadel is the farthest most outsiders will ever travel into the Isurian Kingdom. Heavily fortified and intimidating to view, the Citadel is the mirror of Isur strength, endurance and patience.

Little Ball of Fur

Postby Merinil on August 21st, 2012, 9:09 pm

[ǂ summer 19 512av ǂ]
[ The Courtyard ]

Today was the day she finally decided to buy the kitten. The merchant had said that by now the kittens would be old enough to sell. His family had long been breeding and selling cats, and this was his first trip to Sultros. And kittens were so incredibly adorable she just had to get one. HAD TO.

When she'd found the tent with the kittens, most of them were still there, including the one she had her eye one. A soft black kitty with green-yellow eyes, who stood out from his white-spotted littermates. Adorable. The merchant noticed her and beckoned her to where he was standing.

"Do you know how to take care of a cat?" He spoke Isur quite well, especially for a human. According to him, an Isur in Alvadas learned of his plans to trade with Sultros and taught him. His human accent was noticeable, but he was understandable.

"No. I've never known anyone with a cat." Which was perfectly fine with her. Cats looked so much more adorable than the dumb lizards that Cylani sold.

"These kittens have been weaned already, so you won't need to worry about that. It would be best to allow it free access to roam around and let him go outside. Yours will be able to find its way home. Feed him raw fish, but no moss or vegetables, and try to keep a bowl of water for when he gets thirsty. Try to play with and cuddle him often." He turned around and picked up a small leather collar, made for the first few years of life for a cat, and handed it to her. "It will be five gold-rimmed mizas and two silver-rimmed mizas, please."

When she handed him the money, he took back the leather collar, affixed it to her kitten of choice, and handed it to her with a smile.

IS THIS THE END?
„ As the yellow gold is tried in fire, so the faith of friendship must be seen in adversity. “
Merinil
I am strength.

Words: 13513
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 1:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Little Ball of Fur

Postby Gossamer on October 23rd, 2012, 5:37 pm

Character: Merinil
Experience: N/A
Lore: Kitten Ownership, Kittens: What They Eat, Kittens: Play And Cuddle With Often
Acquisition: One adorable black kitten

Additional Note: If I were you, I'd have continued this thread onward, taken it home, and wrote about it a bit to acquire some animal husbandry XP. Next time I'd consider this!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)