Flashback red moon cries

(closed, Kalesse) Chiaja falls.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The massive stretch of desert that overwhelms Eyktol. Here, a man's water is worth more than his life, and the burying sands are the unfortunate's mute undertaker.

red moon cries

Postby Chiaja on October 21st, 2012, 3:21 pm

She stood up, albeit shakily. Something in the back of her head told her that, yes, she could help Dark-girl. She just had to wash her foot of the blood and dirt. She walked slowly to the girl, as if just learning how to walk. She gestured at the girl's foot and back at the sea.

"Wash your foot in the water, and I can help you." How, she wasn't sure. She herself walked over to the sea and attempted to wash the sand from her body, but her fear of going past her mid-calf in water made it difficult. Clothes rung a dull bell in her mind, but she hadn't worn clothing in a very long time. Dark-girl seemed familiar though, as well as the desert. The girl's race was on the tip of her tongue. And food. She wasn't hungry, not with Leth shining on her back, even in red.

Chiaja
This I know.

Words: 23431
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 9:59 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

red moon cries

Postby Kalesse on October 23rd, 2012, 1:44 am

Help her? This strange girl could barely help herself. In fact, Kalesse was surprised she wasn’t drooling down her front. But, since she was so gracious, the young Chaktawe managed to struggle to her feet, refusing any help from the stranger in order to do it all herself, wincing and biting down a yelp when she had to plant her injured foot firmly in the sand for leverage. Sand in an open wound is not very pleasant at all.

Hobbling towards the water, Kalesse pushed herself to reach it before the other girl did, driven by a foolish sense of competition that only a child could posses; a small smile curled the corners of her lips in triumph when the cool waves lapped at her toes. Kalesse forgot herself then, as she sat down in the wet sand and swiftly submerged her feet into the salt water. Truthfully, the salt bit at the open wound as well but it was preferable to the grating burn of the sand.

Rubbing carefully at the cut, Kalesse watched as her companion waded slowly into the water, stopping before she had hardly made it in at all. This girl was so weird! What was her problem? Wrinkling her nose and lifting her foot from the surf in order to inspect it, the young girl nodded, satisfied. “Alright. It’s clean. Now what?”

Kalesse watched as the stranger cast her gaze around, noting that it almost seemed as if she was taking everything in for the first time. “Are you new here? Did you… come from the sea?” Kalesse knew of the sea races, if not by name or appearance, she knew that they existed. If she could bring one of those back to her people… Wow. “Come on, hurry up. I’m sure my parents are looking for me.” It was a universal thing among children, the plague of the parents. All of them understood that worrying ones parents was just asking for trouble… or punishment. Kalesse hoped that this would work on the strange girl, speeding her up so that they could be on their way without having to invoke the wrath of adults.

Kalesse
Player

Words: 64001
Joined roleplay: August 17th, 2011, 1:24 am
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

red moon cries

Postby Chiaja on October 27th, 2012, 3:24 am

She wrinkled her nose as she walked over to Kalesse. She seemed to move like a noble Eypharian, despite being as unsteady on her feet as she was. She sat down in the sand next to her. From the sea? She fell into the sea, but she wasn't from it. No, she was from the sky like a falling star.

She took the girl's injured foot in her hand, tracing her long, smooth fingers like a breath around it. Her hands would be different than most Kalesse were used to - where most Chaktawe had callouses, Chiaja had smooth skin. Her foot was also very calloused from walking around barefoot. Her hand came to rest on the injury. Without quite knowing what she did, the cut's blood flow began to stop, forming a scab much more quickly than it should have. Slowly, slowly, the skin was repairing itself as much as it could in a day. She let go of her. Had she concentrated, thought about it? Not that she knew of. The 'aging' had just happened.

"Better?"

Chiaja
This I know.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

red moon cries

Postby Kalesse on December 5th, 2012, 4:00 am

“Much…” It had been a strange sensation. That was to say, Kalesse didn’t feel anything happening at all but instead saw her foot heal at the simple touch of the stranger. It made her stomach turn in unpleasant ways, but the young girl wasn’t about to admit that it had frightened her. She had never before seen such a thing but… the woman hadn’t hurt her, anyway. So what was the problem?

Taking a deep breath, Kalesse pulled her foot from the woman’s grasp and pushed herself up, gently testing the newly closed wound with a light amount of pressure before allowing her foot to bear the entirety of her weight. “Thanks.” That was all she was going to get, Kalesse already turning to walk back up the beach and away from the water. The great, wet, undulating expanse made her feel edgy. At least she knew what the sea of sand that was her home had in store… for the most part.

“What is your name? I am Kalesse.” The strange woman’s previous answer hadn’t sat well with the young Chaktawe, but she hadn’t offered any information about herself. As she left the sea behind, Kalesse glanced over her shoulder to make sure the woman was following her. “I can’t take you home to my parents if you don’t tell me who you are. How am I going to introduce you? It just wouldn’t be polite at all for me to just keep calling you ‘You’.”

Neither slowing nor stopping should her new companion fall behind, Kalesse continued her plod through the bloody sand, following the trail that she had left earlier. Now that she was no longer injured, there seemed to be no reason to linger. “Hurry up.” Came the call again, her pace never slackening as she lead the way back to her tribe.

Kalesse
Player

Words: 64001
Joined roleplay: August 17th, 2011, 1:24 am
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

red moon cries

Postby Chiaja on December 23rd, 2012, 6:41 pm

"I don't have a name, Kalesse." Her name sounded weird on her tongue. Everything did, really, but this name didn't have any meaning that she knew of. She ran to catch up to Kalesse, but she was easy to catch up to, her shorter legs barely comparing to Chiaja's.

Does your home have blankets? It's cold."

Chiaja
This I know.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous