The Ship to Alvadas (Solo)

Rothyr disembarks for new adventures in Kalea

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

The Ship to Alvadas (Solo)

Postby Rothyr Windbourne on September 2nd, 2012, 7:04 am

Well, today was the day. He returned the gear he had received from the Syliran knights, his spear and his armor, he stopped by the places he frequented and cleared up debts and collected money owed. He kept on top of things and paid things in coin up front rather than take credit, so more or less he just stopped in to say hello and goodbye. He had no more with him than when he left. His knife, his axe, the clothes on his back, his mare Windlass, his bow, arrows, and his kit, equipment, and pack. The only thing he took from Syliras, was the memories of those he met there.

Basha'ir, the gang from that legendary night at the Stallion, the folk of the Forest he met while hunting... So many people he met, and meetings he cherished. Rothyr almost didn't want to leave, but he knew his time there was spent, and well spent at that. He found himself lacking regrets, and that is how one should leave a place. No loose ties, only happy waves goodbye. He knew he would return. Just as someday he would have to return to Cyphrus. Just not yet. He still had more to see. Rothyr intended to see it, and Windlass intended to carry him to it. Not to mention, the mare was curious what was beyond the Sea of Grass besides Syliras too, she got curious on their many adventures in Sylira. What was next?

So he cleared his debts, and he prepared to board the next ship to Alvadas in the land of Kalea. He had asked around, 'where's the most adventure to be had?' and most people spoke of Taldera, and Avanthal, but those places sounded too cold. Then they spoke of Kalea, and of the Isur and their weapons. Rothyr figured he could use a new sword, so he put the area on his 'to visit' list, and also of Wind Reach, and their fire-haired maidens, mountains, and riding eagles. This intrigued Rothyr, not the fire-haired maidens, but the riding of eagles. Although, the fire-haired maidens didn't sound bad either. He thought of how his people rode their horses, some had used eagles for hunting, but riding them as mounts? This he had to see, so he charted his course, and prepared to embark on his journey. He reckoned he would reach Alvadas by the 16th of Fall, since he embarked on his journey the first of fall. Time would tell, though, how his journey goes. It always does.

“Are you ready, Windlass?” He spoke to his horse as they stood on the deck of the ship. The horse seemed to nod in reply, before a crewmate took the reigns to lead her below deck.

“You treat her like your own child, or your mother won't save you!” He called out to her, to prevent the mare from being treated roughly, “And don't dare me to try it!”

He sighed, looking westwards, “I'm going that ways,” he said to himself, “Whatever lies there.... I hope is ready for me,” and somewhere, in the back of his mind, where the doubts of man often dwell, he heard someone say...

'I hope you're ready for it, too.'
Rothyr Windbourne
Player

Words: 79433
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2012, 9:54 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet