Following an random breeze... (Ethan please)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Re: Following an random breeze... (Ethan please)

Postby Nya Winters on August 13th, 2009, 8:20 pm

Nya smiled, studying the stranger and wondering why he was so tense. Sweet things always relaxed her - they were a rare treat for someone who ate a great deal of meat, especially raw. She wondered why he only ate half of his. Perhaps he preferred meat as well. Still it was nice that the stranger offered food. To Nya, that made him less of a stranger and more of a friend. Creatures that were a danger did not voluntarily offer food nor conversation, even if it was of the confusing variety.

The Kelvic reached out and touched his chin, noticing for the first time that he had stubble as well. "You just started growing a beard? Moving from a boy to a man?" She asked, almost as if she were not sure of his age. Truthfully she had no idea. Nya had never ever seen her father shave his face, and to her way of thinking men either had beards or they had smooth skin - this halfway state was odd. His cheek was rough to her touch and she looked at him curiously, surprised. She watched the crumbs fall, then glanced up back up at his face. "You are a messy eater." The Kelvic said suddenly, amused, though not critical in her statement.

"I came to the market to watch people. I have not been in the city for a day or two. If you want to go look for a workshop, that sounds like an interesting task. I do not think there are guilds here. It is a place one person can stand without the help of others. Maybe I will join you in looking for a workshop. What sort of workshop anyhow? I might buy a thing or two on the way, but I mainly just came to be around other people." Her green eyes scanned the crowds, curious of the people walking by. There weren't many out - Syliras wasn't a crowded city - but there were enough to keep her eyes occupied.
Nya Winters
Let the winds in my heart blow...

Words: 784686
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2009, 6:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Trailblazer (1) Never Say Die (1)
Donor (1) 2017 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2017 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Ethan Blackfoot on August 23rd, 2009, 3:23 pm

For a moment Ethan was taken back by the soft hands that moved over his brown stubble. As the crumbs of the roll fell from her tan fingers, Ethan closed his eyes feeling the stubble stand on end and yet strange that his own hands were by his side. Nya smelled of green places, the earthen smell of dirt and green living things hung on her flesh. He laughed as she asked her question. The stubble brushed along with her hand. Ethan opened his eyes for a moment smiling, “I usually shave my face, but lately I tend to forget. As for moving from a boy to a man, well, I suppose I will always be doing that.” Ethan shrugged at the thought.

“I tend not to think about the food I eat.” Ethan shrugged. “I usually have other thoughts on my mind and forget to eat.”

Ethan looked oddly at Nya for a moment, she just came to watch people? How odd?

“Well, Nya, I was thinking about opening my own tattoo shop. Of course, I need to find a shop with a attic for an apartment. It should have a large open space for chairs and tables. Of course, tattoos will never be in common, so we should probably look off the main streets, and in the middle to lower income areas. Besides, I don’t really want to only serve that high and mighty income.” Ethan stood up and offered Nya a hand.

Ethan began to walking looking for vacant shops.
Ethan Blackfoot
Player

Words: 5957
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2009, 9:34 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Nya Winters on August 23rd, 2009, 10:21 pm

Nya nodded, heaving herself up off the edge of the street and then brushed her backside. "I can tell you have a lot on your mind. All those connections must keep your thoughts busy." Shes said as she started following Ethan. She wasn't sure, as he continued speaking, just what a tatoo was or how they were uncommon. She also didn't know what selling them to the rich or the the poor meant in terms of a difference. People were people. It didn't matter what sort of money they had.

"Are you really going to find a shop on the street? Wouldn't it be better to take a room on the third or fourth tier as a business? Usually the street things are just animals or stuff that needs more room than the castle has. Does Tattooing take a lot of room? Why do you need to live in an attic? " She asked, taking the hand he offered and continued wandering with him.
Nya Winters
Let the winds in my heart blow...

Words: 784686
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2009, 6:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Trailblazer (1) Never Say Die (1)
Donor (1) 2017 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2017 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Ethan Blackfoot on August 26th, 2009, 7:45 pm

Ethan smiled at Nya, as she spoke about connections. She is a sweet girl, but not the most philosophical minded person, but sweet none the less. As Nya asked her question he paused in the street. “Well I thought living in the floor above would be more cost friendly, but your right I should just see if I can’t find a floor and if the business takes off try to get more room. Thank you for the suggestion.”

Ethan continued walking, “So Nya, where do you live?” Ethan continued on looking at various streets, hoping that perhaps there would be a floor above a bookstore or scribe that could be rented. Ethan once again scratched his beard in thought as he looked at various buildings waiting for Nya’s answer. His own vision looked about at various shops and merchants. Wondering if there were a book here or there.
Ethan Blackfoot
Player

Words: 5957
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2009, 9:34 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Previous