Visiting My Own Grave (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Markain Daloris on May 10th, 2010, 2:30 am

"Funny. Truly." Markain said in a sarcastic tone at this man's comment. Markain remembered once, someone saw him as a ghost and called him a monster. This hurt Markain, most people were friendly to him and considered him a good person. Then the looked at the same man they new and called him a monster, they thought of him as an abomination.

He looked at this man giving him a crooked smile, Markain returned the favor with something that resembled a smile. He kept on taking small steps towards this man. He was a little nervous, there was something different about this man, different then most people. "Oh, I was just..." Just as he said this the flickering started.
Markain Daloris
A Tormented Soul

Words: 6534
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2010, 6:36 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on May 10th, 2010, 2:34 am

Horse snorted again, nervously, danced about and suddenly reared. There was definitely something amiss, because Horse was too well-trained for that. Sam should know; over the past two years he had undone all the bad training he had been given and trained him properly such that most people found his behavior to be uncanny.

He shouted to Horse in Pavi, and the beast backed away from the man, but stopped and stood trembling. It was only when Sam had managed this that he looked back at the man, his hand stroking Horse's shoulder soothingly.

"What... what is going on?"
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Markain Daloris on May 10th, 2010, 2:48 am

Markain looked at the horse. The horse was moving back thanks to something the man said in a foreign language. He only knew common. He stepped back as the flickering continued. Tiny parts of him, especially the edges were flickering. He concentrated, he got caught up in thoughts he forgot to focus on materialization. He stepped back, trying to look innocent as the man and the horse started to act up.

He tried looking this man in the eyes. He looked like a fighter. Was he really going to lie to him? Wouldn't be a good idea to tell him the truth? He did notice something different about this man, maybe he would be understanding. Markan quickly debated this in his head for a few moments. He focused and explained "I'm...I'm...I'm a ghost."
Markain Daloris
A Tormented Soul

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on May 10th, 2010, 3:00 am

Sam peered intently at the man. Something about him had Horse spooked, but whether it was some magic or this was, in fact, an incorporeal man, a spirit. A ghost.

Even opening himself to the possibility, though, changed his vision. What he had assumed was the light and mist playing tricks on his eyes became translucence, transparency, flickering. He was no expert on magic, but he thought he had heard of things like astral projection, dreamwalking. But why would some mage want to play tricks on him? He was nobody important.

"A ghost, huh? So what are you doing here?" The man, or the ghost of a man, had never answered that question sufficiently.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Markain Daloris on May 10th, 2010, 3:16 am

Markain looked at the ground then at this man. He seemed to be putting the pieces together. Markain sighed and waited for this man's response. Surprisingly, he didn't have a hostile intention. He didn't seem to mind. "This place...is the place where I died." He said this then looked at the ground solemnly. It would always hurt to think of these memories.

Just as he said this the same memories he had just remembered popped up inside his head. The memory of his soon to be step father begging him to help him came up first. The next memory was the two of them heading into the forest. Then the kill was the last memory. It was obvious to tell he was deep in thought,remembering something painful.
Markain Daloris
A Tormented Soul

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on May 10th, 2010, 3:26 am

Sam took that in, and decided that he didn't really want to dally in this place. He cringed inwardly, wondering if he went back to the place where his family had died ten years ago if there would be a collection of flickering images like this one haunting the bones and the ruins of their pavilion, or whatever was left after being scoured clean by bandits, animals, and looters.

When the ghost stopped talking, it allowed Sam to think, but when he realized that the ghost was still not talking and not paying him much attention, he wasn't sure if he should take the chance to flee or not. Perhaps it was the thought of his own family's shades chained to their death place that made him linger.

Compassion?

He cleared his throat. "I'm sorry."
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Markain Daloris on May 10th, 2010, 3:37 am

There was a long silence in between the two. Markain could tell this man was also deep in thought. But as much as Markain wanted to stop thinking about his memories, they wouldn't stop appearing in his mind. All three of them hurt him. But the last one was the most painful. Could any person look at their death and not be hurt?

The next few words that came out of the man's throat touched Markain. This man had showed compassion. No one had ever shown compassion towards him. Markain looked at this man with an expression to show what this man had said meant a lot to him. " Thank you." He said these words slowly.
Markain Daloris
A Tormented Soul

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on May 10th, 2010, 3:42 am

Sam nodded and relaxed a little. His hand strayed from the hilt of his scimitar; likely it wouldn't do much to defend him from a ghost anyway. Now he couldn't see how he could ever have imagined the man in front of him to be just a man, but he supposed the mind was a powerful thing.

He didn't know what to say next. He had questions, of course, the natural ones in this case, but he didn't think it right to pry. Perhaps a ghost appearing to him gave him certain rights to ask questions, but he didn't know. It was none of his business, so he settled for leaning down to whisper things into Horse's ear, his hands stretching down to sooth him.

It would be some feat of horsemanship to keep him calm through this sort of thing, but he imagined he could pull it off.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Markain Daloris on May 10th, 2010, 4:02 am

Markain looked at this man. He could tell he had many questions. Most of them were probably centered on the fact he was a ghost. He sighed and waited for the obvious question. It would probably be what is it like being a ghost or it could be how did you die. He understood that he probably had a lot of questions.

He looked at this man try to calm his horse. Horses, they were creatures many people loved and relied on. He never had one. They were always proud and majestic. He looked at the horse. Markain looked around the forest. It was so familiar to him, it seemed like a home. He sighed and asked "Any questions about me being a ghost?"
Markain Daloris
A Tormented Soul

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on May 10th, 2010, 5:24 am

"Why are you still here?" was all he dared ask.

He didn't break eye contact as he slipped quietly off of Horse's back, the better to distract him from the ghost who might just tell them his life story and his death story. Horse nuzzled him nervously, nudging Sam's shoulder with his nose, but still watching the image of a man standing before them.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext