Visiting My Own Grave (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Markain Daloris on May 9th, 2010, 10:44 pm

67th Of Spring, 510AV

The surrounding area was filled with nature at it's best. It was a little off from a road that lead to Slyiras. Tree reached high in the sky as the forest floor was covered by tiny plants. There was a small area that looked like it could have been a creek but alas there was no water. The entire area seemed to be surrounded in an eerie fog. But be aware, this was not because of the weather. This was actually because of a nearby ghost.

Markain sighed as he slowly made his way through the forest. He was glad to be alone. The fact he decided to not reincarnate would scare most people. No matter how many people hated him, there was a damn good reason he decided to become a ghost. Revenge. Revenge was the reason. Rage burned inside him. He wanted to avenge his death, the injustice done to him was unbearable!

But alas, he was weak. His killer had heard legends of people coming back to avenge their deaths, even if some of the legends were just superstitions he had got weapons designed to destroy ghosts. Markain did not suspect this and almost died because of it. He luckily made it out alive. Ever since he had been trying to find a way to avenge his death.

The area Markain was in was considered haunting to him. Memories were burned into his mind. This place was the place of his death. Memories came up from his mind. He and his soon to be step father were out in the woods, everything was fine until he turned his blade on Markain and killed him. He stabbed Markain in the heard and watched him bleed on the ground. He left him there, but not without taking a little memento, Markain's right ring finger.

Markain was there, the area seemed cold and odd. Markain and gotten used to it ever since he decided not to reincarnate. He just stayed there, drifting off into memories of when he was alive and before he died. His childhood, his brother and especially his true love came into his mind.
Markain Daloris
A Tormented Soul

Words: 6534
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2010, 6:36 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on May 9th, 2010, 11:09 pm

Sam was a wanderer at heart. Though he had spent several weeks now in Syliras, he always got antsy when in the city for too long and took trips of various lengths to see the nearby sights or explore the wilderness beyond. Most of the world he had seen was nothing like the Sea of Grass of his youth. Forests and mountains, snowfall and seaport. While there were grasslands, none were quite the same.

Horse, his trusted windrunner and the closest thing he had to family, was much happier for their wandering life than he had been as a pampered steed for whatever Sunberth bravo had bought him. Sam understood him, and he understood Sam. They were a herd of two.

A shaman had recently told Sam that ghosts clung to him. This was no surprise considering the tragic massacre of his family when he was seven, but he had never seen this ghosts before. Perhaps they were the type of ghosts that only a shaman could see, clinging to the last of their living blood before reconciling with the idea of reincarnation.

But perhaps that was why the strange fog didn't alert him to anything out of the ordinary, even if Horse seemed a little on edge. Sometimes the stallion was just in a mood.

And so he rode along in companionable silence, not really paying too much attention as to where they were going. With a command, he could have Horse race him back to Syliras faster than any other breed of horse outside of Cyphrus.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Markain Daloris on May 9th, 2010, 11:33 pm

Markain looked at the ground. The spot seemed normal, most people would just take a look and walk away. But this place was more to Markain. It was a sad spot for him, it shocked him to think it had been 9 years since he had died. 9 years passed since he was stabbed through the heart. But no matter how many years passed, the pain was always there. No person could ever heal the hole in his heart.

Markain closed his eyes and began to remember his past life. He missed it so much. One thing he missed was his family. His mother, she was the very meaning of mother. Then there was his father, supporting a family of 4 as best as he could. And then his brother...his brother Jacob. They were as close as can be, they were the best of friends.He was his role model, a lot of things he did was what he thought his brother would do in his situation.

Another thing he missed was his true love Serina. It was love at first sight. So many memories he had of her. They were a perfect match. They had so much alike and then so much different there was always something to talk about it. His favourite memory is when he proposed. She was so happy when she accepted. So many times he would wonder what would happen if they actually got married.

He looked around at all the soulmist generating from him. It gave this ,other wise cheery area, a gloomy look. Markain smiled. This area was getting the evil atmosphere it deserved. The chaotic looking fog engulfed the entire area.

Markain still was there, remembering his life. He was there, it would be hard for any one to see him because he wasn't dematerialized, but he was there.
Markain Daloris
A Tormented Soul

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on May 9th, 2010, 11:46 pm

Finally Horse stopped, snorting and pawing the ground with his hoof. His ears rotated around, and even his head swung, wide set eyes taking in their surroundings as if trying to sight some predator. This got Sam's attention. He could ignore a moody stallion, but when Horse reacted to his senses, which were admittedly better than his, Sam tried to figure out what was going on. His hand strayed down toward his scimitar, which was strapped to Horse's saddle.

It wouldn't be the first time they encountered brigands on the road or in the wild.

"Who's there?" he called, casting his voice deeper than usual. It tended to be more impressive that way.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Markain Daloris on May 9th, 2010, 11:58 pm

Something interrupted Markain's thoughts. He was relieved. He didn't want to think of everything bad that happened him but... for some reason he couldn't stop thinking about these things. He tried focusing on what was making the noises. A horse. That wasn't good, most horses had riders. Markain focused his thoughts and had an idea.

Markain began to materialize (looking real). He wasn't an expert, he looked weird. It was if a someone's picture came to life. He could at leas stay in his form for a while. Hopefully he could convince this person that he wasn't bandit. Hopefully he/she would leave and Markain. But there was a chance he/she would notice how odd he looked and know something was wrong. There was a chance that this person would discover Markain was a ghost and... he had no idea what would happen next.

Markain began to walk towards where he heard the sounds.He heard a man yell who was there. He walked out to see a man and his horse. "Hello there." He said trying to sound like an average human. "You got lost here too?" He slowly made up a plan in his head.
Markain Daloris
A Tormented Soul

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on May 10th, 2010, 1:28 am

Two sets of brown eyes fixed on the man. Horse's nostrils flared, and his flesh trembled under his rider. His hand not erring from the hilt of his blade, Sam tried to make the figure out with all the obscuring mist.

"Ho, stranger," he called. "Not all those that wander are lost."
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Markain Daloris on May 10th, 2010, 1:41 am

Markain could tell this man had some trouble seeing him through the soulmist. This relieved him. Thankfully, he was the source so he wouldn't get a good fix on him if he moved around. He looked at this man's horse. Something was wrong. This horse must have sensed something wrong with him.

Markain chuckled "I can see why." He said "This area sure is strange. I've never seen mist like this before, have you?" Markain did think when he first became a ghost that the soulmist was odd, but after 9 years of being surrounded by it, he got used to it. He tried to get a look at this man but the soulmist made it hard for him to look at this man.

Markain slowly took a few steps forward, he wanted to look friendly not suspicious. He always chose to look like he was walking, he tried floating like some ghosts but it didn't feel right.
Markain Daloris
A Tormented Soul

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on May 10th, 2010, 1:54 am

"Mist is mist," he said, then gave the mist a closer look. The man was right. It was odd. "It sort of reminds me of the Sukina Geysers... the mist was odd there, too. Supposedly a monster sleeps underneath them... Well, that's not a happy thought, is it?"

While Sam was dangerously trusting at times, when encountering strangers in the middle of nowhere, he was suitably suspicious. Not unfriendly, exactly--well, his hand on his scimitar wasn't exactly inviting--but not about to... All right, he had been rather friendly with Sturlin, but he had just had a hunch that the guy was going to be all right.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Markain Daloris on May 10th, 2010, 2:08 am

Mist is mist, oh if only this man had known the truth. He wouldn't be saying that. Soulmist was more than just mist. It was something much, much more. He listened to this man compare Markain's soulmist to the mist in a place called Sukina Geysers. He said there was a legend about a monster who lived underneath it. Was it a monster? Or just a ghost? He only had a few moments to ponder on this. "Is anything with the word monster in it happy?" He said this sarcastically laughing after he finished the sentence.

Markain took, small tiny steps towards this man. He looked at this man, he was carrying a scimitar. He knew that wasn't very good. Hopefully he would see no use for it and put it away. Markain tried to keep a smile on his face as he approached him. He got a better look at this man. He didn't look like he was going to kill him. That was good.
Markain Daloris
A Tormented Soul

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on May 10th, 2010, 2:12 am

"I don't know," he said dryly, "I've never had a conversation with a monster to ask, but I imagine a he-monster would be happy to meet a she-monster in heat... But I could be wrong."

He smile stretched out crookedly. Horse had not calmed down, so he was still on alert.

"What are you doing out here, stranger?"
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next