Day Terrors? (Noaru)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Day Terrors? (Noaru)

Postby Matthaus on September 17th, 2012, 7:19 pm

He had not realized what the thing was and he felt his entire body flinch slightly, jaw working but he found there was nothing he could say. He was talking to a dead…thing-person-dog. But mostly dead. That was key here. He’d heard things about ghosts, good and bad they weren’t common but not uncommon either. Every city had some, with so many dead and the Djed Storm it was impossible not to. But he was actually talking to one! “You’re dead?”

Wait…did that thing (it had a name but he couldn’t call it that for some reason) just call him a living ghost? Well it wouldn’t be the first time. But a wave of self-consciousness washed over him, he pulled his cloak a bit tight and pursed his lips. Moving swiftly but at what he assumed was a safe distance he followed the large ghost dog. He could use the ghost. It would be a good ally. And he really did not want to tick it off and have it munch on him. Could ghosts eat people? No. They possessed them or something didn’t they? But he couldn’t hurt him, in fact, the boy was sure a ghost was like a person. His first ghost con. Yes.

Matthaus clung to this. It was thought that could be helpful not to mention it distracted him from actually working through the fact that this was a ghost. Oh. Had he read a ghosts aura? Could he? And wait, it—no, Noaru, was talking to him.

“The same reason as you I suppose. Finding a place to live, wandering the city. But I’m not entirely alone, I have my parents…and you at this moment.” he glanced up at the being, “I hope I’m not keeping you from more important tasks.”
Alts: I'sona

Common
Kontinese
Fratava
Matthaus
Liar, liar...

Words: 62706
Joined roleplay: August 30th, 2012, 7:52 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Day Terrors? (Noaru)

Postby Noaru on September 18th, 2012, 7:36 am

“I can say that I'm more alive than most, being ''dead'' is a harsh term the living bestows upon me! I have not walked with a physical body, only a spiritual: in a sense I'm alive and dead... a sort of walking paradox if I may say so myself.”

Noaru was always one to leave his true identity or self as a spirit a mystery, leaving others guessing what he truly was and what his inner natures ''Intel'' was like. The spirit naturally gave off an aura of menace and horror, just look at his physical appearance! He was a giant black hound: a sort of omen of sorts and he wanted to keep this mysteriousness as it was... he didn't care about his outward appearance, it would never change unless he willed it to and even doing so, his presence would always be felt by those experiencing his influence. The spirit treads forward, he could hear footsteps ahead; possibly someone walking abnormally fast or running for some reason, he didn't know and decided to not care for it to much.

“This small deed won't hinder my progress in my mission anything that occurs will benefit me either way--whether it be minor or big.”

The corner was only just a few meters ahead and just then a man walks around the corner; black haired, green eyes and about five-nine in height he about above average in height. The stranger wasn't too pleased about seeing Noaru, he just simply freezes and stares into Noaru's eyes unwilling to turn away from the thing before him.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Day Terrors? (Noaru)

Postby Matthaus on September 24th, 2012, 11:11 pm

OOC :
I was thinking they could be Novice or Competent spiritists but if not you can make them whatever you like :D

He was trying to work through his mind, keep it calm but something that he knew little about and that was so…unknown made him uncomfortable. But anxiety was an advantage too. He could practice using his fear to keep him on his toes, rather than listening to his uncomfortably loud heartbeat he tried to focus on Noaru. “You’re right, everything is an advantage.”

Once more he gazed at the ghost-dog-thing and felt a tingle go through him but it would seem he wasn’t the only one because the man in front of them did not looked pleased either. Matthaus had wanted to figure out whether he could get the ghost to be helpful in some way, seeing how the ghost defended himself would work. Although to be honest the boy mostly was relieved that someone else could see the beast of a dog as well. A part of him hadn’t actually believed he wasn’t hallucinating.

“Sir, would you happen to know where the barber is?”

Rather than answer he was not even acknowledged and another man joined the first, this one the opposite of the first guest. Blonde hair, blue eyes and very short but obviously full grown if his facial hair was anything to go by. Both men carried jars and what looked to be a rock necklace and the blonde one gestured to Matthaus with a smile that seemed a bit slippery.

“This way,” he waved his hand, “We’ll help you.”

Matthaus tensed and gazed between the two. The ghost no longer seemed to bad--he glanced up--okay, maybe it did seem bad. He took a few steps away from the entire group. He just wanted his haircut, why was this city so full of noisy people?

Common
Kontinese
Fratava
Matthaus
Liar, liar...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Day Terrors? (Noaru)

Postby Noaru on September 28th, 2012, 2:19 am

OOC:
Secret :
Yeah, I was going to have the first guy possessed, it won't change though! He shall be mine, BWAHAHA!

“.......”

Noaru remained silent as he disappeared from view, he remained close by, really close! He had accomplished what he was asked to do: though, a bit indirectly involved was the two men who will help him accomplish in bringing Matthaus to the barber--where he would follow them and interesting things mite happen...Well, someone would never know what mite happen when Noaru was around especially when he's at full strength, he would have to observe carefully who and when to take control, lurking about in the shadows around the unsuspecting.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Day Terrors? (Noaru)

Postby Matthaus on October 2nd, 2012, 4:52 am

He had hoped to exit quickly and without any problem but luck was not on his side because one moment the ghost creature was right beside him and the next it was gone. Vanished as if it had never been but that was only wishful thinking on his part. Pursing his lips he contemplated running but he wasn’t sure where to go or if the being would follow him. To make matters worse the blonde male reached out to place a steadying hand on his shoulder. When had he gotten that close?

“Not to worry, we’ve dusted a ghost before. This one won’t be a problem for you anymore. But come over here. Better here than there.” There was a vague gesture that encompassed everything and Matthaus stared at the man in disbelief. He did not want things getting out of hand and this ‘dusting’ thing did not sound pleasant for anyone. Smoothly extracting himself from under the man’s hand he tried to adopt a tremor and found it was much easier than anticipated.

“I’m not sure what is going on here, why are you—“

“You didn’t see it?”

“See what? I’m just going to get a haircut!” He had meant to say home, really he had, but frustration always made him careless. Perhaps a bit of fear as well but he was not going to admit that and now the blondes friend was making to do…something. He had thrown beads on the ground around himself and the only time Matthaus had done that was to trip someone. Was the man seriously trying to trip a ghost?

“Alright, alright,” a pat on the shoulder, “We’ll take you there like I said.”

But that slippery smile was still there and the knowing glint said the blonde wasn’t fooled for a second so Matthaus wiped what he thought was a looked fear off his face (and it probably was) and settled for gazing at the man cautiously. “What are you doing?”

“Not to worry.”

He hated being treated like a child but more than that he loathed being brushed off. Lips pulling into a sneer he wondered if he should warn to ghost, where he was and decided that he would. He couldn’t go with these men they were worse than the ghost! Or he could just leave…or he could help they catch or ‘dust’ Noaru. A smirk replaced the previous sneer. He knew precisely what he was going to do. Now he just had to get a lock on his new ghostly acquaintance, even if a large part of him hoped the ghost was gone entirely.

Common
Kontinese
Fratava
Matthaus
Liar, liar...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Day Terrors? (Noaru)

Postby Noaru on October 2nd, 2012, 5:45 am

“Spiritist? HA! What good are they, once they encounter a ghost they always assume dusting would work on something like me...”

Noaru did not move right away, he waited patiently and quietly, he was aware that these ''spiritists'' could sense him while he was hiding but this dusting was new to him; learning more of this subject would benefit him greatly. The spirit kept his distant, unwilling to face damage by the hands of those wretched spiritist's, he would have to kill them somehow or at least get them to move away but like he planned, it would require him to be patient and carefully scheme up a nasty tactic created from evil plots!

He was pleased with himself, Noaru had two new obstacles for today: maybe, he would get lucky to be able to ''take care'' at least one person today or possibly cause some sort of ruckus.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Day Terrors? (Noaru)

Postby Matthaus on October 3rd, 2012, 5:02 pm

He couldn’t get a lock on the ghost and he hoped it was gone. But even if it was his new ‘friends’ were not. Well, either way he could make this work, looking up at the man he spoke carefully, urgently "T-ghost! It’s not the only one. There were two. They follow me all the time but everyone else says they don’t see them. That’s why I pretended not to.”

The man didn’t look like he believed Matthaus but the thought of two ghosts had his eyes lighting up. Reaching out to grab the boy again he pulled him close.

“Alright then, where is the other?”

“I don’t know!” the slight fear in his voice was real because he really didn’t know where Noaru was and that was worse than actually seeing the huge beast.

“Calm down. I told you don’t worry.”

“But what if you make it angry?!”

“That doesn’t matter,” the blonde threw his own beads now, “these will keep the ghost out.”

He honestly didn’t care what they did but the man had let information slip, his annoyance at Matthaus’ sudden panic and his distrust of the boy had made him careless. At least in the boys eyes it did. The beads were obviously important then and not used for tripping ghosts. But he couldn’t just kick the beads away, he wasn’t a fighter and he didn’t know precisely what this man would do if he did that. Instead he stayed silent for a few moments, tugging himself away again but staying within the beads.

Trying to think he kneeled down and watched the other pull out…nothing? His hand looked as if it was holding something but there was nothing in the hand. More ghost things? He frowned and kept his head down. He couldn’t act anymore nervous or they wouldn’t buy it, maybe he could try the apprentice route? If he did that they probably wouldn’t believe him but it would buy him time.

“Why are they following me?”

“Ghosts do stranger things.” But he was looking at Matthaus like he had just solved all of Mizahar’s problems and the boy didn’t like it one bit. Nor did he like the way he pulled out a jar and began smearing whatever was in it on his face. Winking at Matthaus he closed his eyes for a few chimes then carefully stepped out of the circle. This did not bode well because ticks later the man spoke, his speech sounding more like Matthaus’ and calling Noaru friend.

“We should leave, if we do they won’t following us and you can take me to get a haircut.”

Was this man seriously pretending to be him? What was he trying to accomplish? Either way it threw a kink in his plans. Now what was he supposed to do?

OOC :
Er, I don’t know what possessed me but the Spiritist is performing The Lie, all ghosts fall for it but since you already seen him it won't work well. Feel free to epically begin kicking their behinds lol

Common
Kontinese
Fratava
Matthaus
Liar, liar...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Day Terrors? (Noaru)

Postby Noaru on October 8th, 2012, 6:39 pm

“ I see... So, they can do that as well.”

Noaru observed intently with his eyes, watching the spiritist waste precious soulmist by smearing it across his face but then what really surprises him is that the spiritist looks exactly like Matthaus now! Noaru could smell the soulmist, it made him go on edge since he loved soulmist--anything that increased him powers was what he enjoyed the most and learning that spiritists can do such things really interested him... he was wondering how many techniques these spiritists had at their disposal, developing careful ways to pick up these methods of deception and spiritist trickery.

“ Beads and smearing soulmist, what else can you sneaky humans think of next?”

The spirit waited patiently of course he wasn't going to do anything when he had such a disadvantage here: spiritists verses one spirit wouldn't be to a wise moment to do anything, he would have to just observe for now and wait for the right moment. Noaru couldn't help but feel a little impatient and frustrated, spiritists always appearing out of nowhere to ruin his ''harmless fun'' in due time he would be able to handle them but as of now... he had to resort to gorilla hit and run tactics and praying on the weak-minded.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Day Terrors? (Noaru)

Postby Matthaus on October 16th, 2012, 3:50 am

For a few seconds he panicked, he didn’t care for the ghost but he wasn’t fond of watching people die, whether they were already dead or not. He didn’t even think ghosts could die but he knew these two meant business. Messy business. But whatever the man was doing was working apparently because he looked pleased with himself, he continued his sentence every few tics, coaxing, calming and Mattaus looked around frustrated, his gaze landed on the beads.

That could work well.

But did he need to help the ghost? Maybe not. But he didn’t doubt that Noaru was the lesser of two evils. Not bothering with stealth he carelessly kicked the beads and stepped forward with a cry. The paste faced man spun to him, words coming to a halt. A bolt of panic wound through the boy at the look he was given and he fell to his knees. Trying to remember what he was supposed to do next. Ghosts…lived in people. Stories said so, they all said how they needed living beings to…live in. So he had to pretend one was in him. Simple.

Covering his face and letting out another cry he didn’t have to fake his slight shaking because even through the cracks he could see the white faced man approaching, the other watching them carefully. Cautiously, waiting for any sign of foul play.

“I—help me! There—its—“ he cut off and looked up, shoving himself back to put distance between them and pointing a finger at himself. “It’s in my head.”

He tried to make it come out as a groan but it came out as a squeak when he was lifted by his shoulders and set on his feet with a firm shake. “Idiot! You left the circle.”

“Run…” he gasped out, meaning he was trying to run, at least that is what he was going for. He wondered what people did when a ghost was in them besides fail around a lot. He was at a loss and switched tactics. Squeezing his eyes shut when he wasn’t released he went for a hysterical giggle but it came out choppy and his ramrod posture was more from the other male being so close than any real ghost attack. Hopefully this would give Noaru a chance to do something if he was even still there.

Common
Kontinese
Fratava
Matthaus
Liar, liar...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Day Terrors? (Noaru)

Postby Noaru on October 20th, 2012, 6:17 pm

OOC:
Secret :
Sorry, about the long wait—My CS was locked for sometime and I was told to edit it because of some discrepancies it had... So, from now on Noaru will take on the appearance of a man in his mid-twenties 6''0 in height—brown in complexion with dark red eyes and snake-like pupils and dreadfully pale neck length hair.

“What is this? I don't even.”

The spirit was a bit confused, he didn't know what Matthaus was doing, it was clear that he did not enjoy being the presence of the two spiritist's—especially the one that was pale in complexion; he felt that he should be doing something right now, something that would at least catch the attention of the two men long enough for Matthaus to escape.

Noaru observed his surroundings and finds a pebble lying conveniently before his feet! The spirit focuses upon the small stone, stretching his hand forward and grasping onto the stone; his soulmist allowed his ghostly form to grab hold of the pebble. Noaru throws the pebble towards the pale skinned mans face, hoping that it would strike him right between the eyes or maybe in one of his eyes.

“I'm close enough for the pebble to hit him, standing just inches away from my acquaintance, it should be easy to hit him!”

Noaru believed in his skills as a spirit but he knew that he was lacking in some skills, manipulating his essence was one of them, he can't even pick up a mug without losing most of his strength; he felt ashamed of this fact.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext