Flashback Shake it out (Nira'lia)

The rowdy dance has not yet ended.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Shake it out (Nira'lia)

Postby Leonis on September 15th, 2012, 8:07 am

17th of Fall 507AV
Daylight; The Kelp Bar

oocYou can have a bar break out over Nira if you'd like, I will shove myself into any situation, but I don't see Leo making any trouble anytime soon except to be that knight in shining armor or whatever cliche thing guys do. Haha.

"Ye lookin' for some place t'catch yer interest? Hah, try the Kelp Bar."

He wasn't sure why he complied. The state of the building did little to encourage him, as it was hardly what he'd call refined and no doubt harbored shady individuals from every filthy crevice they'd crawled from, but Leonis was never intended to be a sheltered pacifist. With a clench of his jaw, he swung open the door and stepped through.

The odor of the room was nothing compared to the striking stares he recieved from the clientele. He might have come to the conclusion they meant to linch him for a crime he did not commit had he not been sporting glassy appendages and a shimmering flesh tone. Inciting curiosity had never been a flattering moment for the ethaefal, especially when his health and his life remained at risk.

Yet somehow, he managed to weave his way through the clutter of rickety chairs and dilapidated tables. The bar held little selection, in fact, it only had one, the kelp beer that choked the room with an aroma he'd have liked to filter out.

"What'd you like, stranger, beer or water." A woman drawled. She was old and looked grim, but there was no severity in her voice. Leonis cleared his throat.

"I'll take the beer."

"Ah, got balls, do ya?" She remarked, amused.
He offered her a wry smile, "I hope so."

As the proprietor fetched his order, an elder man with tan, leathery skin and stiff graying hair peered at him through beady eyes. "What're ye supposed to be, some type o' goat boy?"

Leonis glanced at the question, brow raised, "I suppose that could be another term for an ethaefal. A tail would have been a nice addition, I should think."

The man seemed none too amused at the response. His large bushy brows furrowed, "Are ye mockin' me, boy?"

"Not at all, I--"

"Here's your beer." The mug was slammed sloppily onto the counter, but Leonis welcomed the interference. After sliding coins into her hand, he gazed skeptically at his drink for several chimes, then took a swig.
Leonis
Sunchild

Words: 9123
Joined roleplay: July 1st, 2012, 3:55 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Shake it out (Nira'lia)

Postby Nira'lia on September 20th, 2012, 4:27 pm

She hated the Kelp Bar. There was a smell to it that she found unpleasant, and its patrons were not nice company either. Zeltiva’s men were mostly friendly people, but anybody would turn sour after a couple of mugs of that drink they called Kelp Beer. But, against all odds, Nira’lia was at the Kelp Bar that day, looking for her sister.

“Nope, hasn’t been here all day,” a familiar face told Nira’lia. She frowned and nodded at the old man, wondering where her sister was. Nira’lia didn’t even know why Cecilia liked spending her time in the rowdy place, anyhow.

Suddenly, a strong hand held her by the wrist. Her Konti gift was triggered instantly and strange visions of another person’s memories flooded before her. Caught by surprise, she turned around just as soon her surroundings cleared. Standing before her was a person she had never seen before. A middle-aged man, his expression full of rage, looked down at her.

“What…?” squeaked Nira’lia. Behind her, she could hear some people getting up as well. Her naïve mind assumed they were getting up to help her if things got out of hand—after all, she hadn’t done anything wrong, and this man who had a grasp on her wrist seemed violent. Then there were those who were cheering as well, encouraging the furious man to go on.

“’Ya gonna pay for what you did, or not!?” the man yelled at her, gripping her tighter. She winced. His hold was strong and painful, and she could vaguely hear someone else reminding the drunk man that Nira’lia was not Cecilia.

What did Cecilia do this time?

“Think just because ‘ya have a pretty face, you can get away with your shyke?” the man continued to yell at her. His breath smelled like alcohol, and he spoke in a way that was almost unintelligible.
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)