Nira'lia's Correspondence Thread

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Nira'lia on June 1st, 2012, 2:59 pm

Hello, and welcome to Nira'lia's Correspondence Thread. Post letters for Nira'lia here and it will reach her. Thank you!
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on June 12th, 2012, 1:06 am

When Tock received the letter from Nira'lia she was absolutely shocked. She'd never gotten a letter before. She had nearly forgotten that Nira had promised to write her. She wasn't sure how to react. She'd wound up harassing the messenger for a long time, going on and on about her shock at the delivery, how amazing it was, and how great it felt to have someone reaching out to her from so far away.

Then she'd opened it and seen the date on it.

She'd spent the next half hour badgering the poor man, insisting to know why it had taken so long for her precious letter to get there. She'd refused to let him leave until he gave her an adequate explanation about why the journey across the continent took thirty days, and that no, there wasn't any way for them to improve upon it. She'd ended up in quite a foul mood by the end, and forced the man to stand there and wait while she wrote up a reply.

A long, thirty days later, on the 60th day of Summer, Tock's reply was delivered to Nira. It was obvious that writing wasn't Tock's 'thing':

30th Summer

Oy, ya done know what, Sook? This dang bludger tells me what how it takes thirty days for letters to get here! How about that, aye? How's the world get on, what with it taking so damn long for anything to get anywhere? Oy, I tells ya, I ain't having none of that, I ain't.

Oy, right, sorry I done been going off on ya. This's supposed to be a friend letter, aye? Sorry.

Right, so, the necklace is a beaut', she is. Prettiest gift what as anyone's ever done got me, aye? I ain't never had no jewelry before. Wear it every day, I do! Right proper of ya to send it to me, Sook, right proper indeed!

Most days she's red. But ain't like, a angry red or nothing like that, aye? Like, ya know that red ya get what on a red fox or something? Like, orange-y red, I guess. Running around, doing stuff red. Mighty pretty. Almost matches my hair.

When I done got your letter, it was like sunlight color. I done learnt how that's the color of pride, aye? Pretty dang awesome, if'n ya ask me.

She's kinda black right now though, cause of this dang chap what's yelling at me! I told him he can't done leave til I's done writing the letter, cause he's gotta get her to you as quick as he can, aye? Dang piece of crap letter carriers take thirty bloody days to get it there!

Ya know what, Sook? I ain't gonna stand for that. Next letter ain't gonna take that long. I just got an idea. I'll send ya something right quick that'll get her done right quick, aye? Ya just keep your eyes out for it. We's gonna be able to send letters way faster than this garbage mail system they done got. Just you wait, you'll see.

OOCYou'll notice Tock's grammar is a bit different in written form, since her accent doesn't transcribe onto paper, but her language use does.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Elem Bree on August 24th, 2012, 4:03 am

81st of Summer, AV 512

When it was appropriate, Nira'lia was visited by an assistant at the Infirmary. She was handed a letter with her name written on it, the assistant explaining that it had been given to Mistress Claira at the beginning of the season and was instructed to wait a week until it was given to her. Considering her absence from the city, this was the only opportune time to do so.

Meticulously folded, it opened and was read....

4th of Summer, AV 512

Nira'lia,

I'm not sure what to say in this letter or even why I am writing it. We did not spend much time together, even when we worked alongside each other in the Infirmary. I had heard that you were also touched and marked by Mother. Congratulations! I hope She will guide our paths and have them cross again someday. I was very profoundly moved by Her grace and has moved me to leave the City and explore the world. If Zeltiva was so damaged by the storm, I can only imagine the horrors other less civilized areas endured. I'm heading to Syliras currently, but it may not be my destination. I am leaving it in Mother's hands.

Anyway, I digress. I wrote this letter because I shall always remember the day we met. You are the kindest, gentlest girl I have met and I think you are lovely. I hope we have the opportunity to see each other again some time. Thank you for helping me see that the world is not so terrible and violent as some would suggest.

Elem Bree

Elem Bree
Always learning. Always changing.

Words: 229116
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2011, 6:06 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Elem Bree on November 23rd, 2012, 7:33 am

36th of Fall, AV 512

Dear Niralia,

My colleagues and I discussed your situation at dinner this evening. First off, let me say that Avalis' children will never cease to amaze me with their gift of foresight. However, let me clear things up a bit, should you need to send another letter. I am at the Sanctuary, a healing center on the outskirts of Riverfall. The letter can be addressed to myself or the center's benefactor and leader, Kavala Denusk.

A few suggestions came up, one being to insure that your problems are not coming from your foodstuffs as opposed to an illness, as this would explain the localized effect of it. Should that not be the case, Kavala recommended an isolation lab be set up, using an animal such as a mouse as the control, in order to discover the source of the malady. I am unsure of your whereabouts as of now, though I will say that your letter did come to me opened, which could account for it being checked either by your Knights or someone else among you, as it was delivered directly to me here.

We are also concerned with the plague, if that is what it is, and its effect on neighboring territories, if you can provide that information. Is Zeltiva affected? Cyphrus is a neighboring region to us both and we cannot afford a full on plague in our isolation. We shall be setting up a proper isolation lab here at our facilities, should it reach us. We are self sufficient for the most part and can withstand severing our ties to the outside if needed.

On a personal note, know that there are many Rak'kelians here and our prayers are with you and yours for a full and speedy recovery. Should you find yourself in Riverfall or nearby on your return trip, please come by as I am sure we would all love to have you as an honored guest. We have dinner every evening after our work is done and we do all of our own cooking.

Which means it is good. Hah ha.

I look forward to hearing of your wellness and safe return. Thank you for your correspondence.

Your friend and colleague,

Elem Bree.

Elem Bree
Always learning. Always changing.

Words: 229116
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2011, 6:06 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Ball on March 19th, 2013, 2:40 am

32nd of Spring 513AV

The once spherical pycon sealed the note and bounced his way up onto the bed where he placed it gingerly against the pillow top, the crudely written words 'Pretty Lady Pycon' marked the facing side.

Written within were the words that would probably takes hours to decipher, but the meaning was there, in the small muddy colored tear droplets that could be seen... Tears or water droplets from condensation from Ball resting against the windowpane for so long?

… Doesn't matter...

The words written were as such:

Pretty Lady Pycon,

I return to the Rock-Beast. Blue Pycon gone it seem. I follow in his way. Going to see Tree. Find me in Rock-Beast.

Ball

There wasn't much written, but the words were large and written by what appeared to be a few tentacles that smudged and dribbled ink all over the parchment.

OOChttp://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic32216.html <== Thread this pertains too
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes