The Poisoned Pen (Ino's scrapbook)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Inoadar on September 16th, 2012, 12:51 am

Inoadar's complete seasonal LE package

ITEM AMOUNT EXPLANATIONS
Vera's rent - Tarsin's "fine" room 180gm 155 base + 25gm bribe for alerts regarding visitors
Stables and care of "Handy" 60gm double for priority care, feding and exercise
Ravosala faction Bribe 40gm to warn of overheard remarks hinting at impending trouble
Burke's wages 364gm assistant pay - 4gm per day
Lakeshore bribes 46gm to stay on guards' good side
"Good" Living Expenses 450gm per price list
Vera's Stipend 100gm spending money for she and Yoona
Valdinox debt payment 1,000gm to repay loan for costs of new shop
TOTAL 2240gm

Alias names:

Inoadar - Form of true name - "Trandino Adarius". Name for which the Ebonstryfe placed a bounty. Hopefully believed dead. (from "Making Connections" and Ravosalamen rumors)
Torrel - Name by which he is known to Tarsin's Boarding House. (Location thread)
Tyrell - Name by which he is known to Bojovnik Vybutit, NPC Deviano Marcico and a few nameless bandits (though the first two have heard his true name). (From "A Similar Debate" and "Final Confrontation")
Torval - Name by which a single member of the Rising Dawn knows him. (From "Confirmation")
Trovelle - Name by which the proprietor of Black Tar's Alchemical Services knows him. (From "A Feel for Eels")
Porellis - Name by which he is known to the Ravosalamen. (From "Making Connections")
Nolan Parnell - Name on his fake citizenship papers. Name by which he is known to the guards at the Southern Trading Post (from "Fronds or Foes" and many others) and now the bulk of the Ebonstryfe and Black Sun.
Morley - name used in front of Clyde Sullins (from "Mysteries of a Bird Skull")
Clark - the name given to Miro (from "Cold Pursuit")
Vernon - the name given to Valerius Nitrozian (from "Proper Channels")

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af105/robertray54/Rays%20Photography/reeelfoot006.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q273/SWAMP_photo/large_swamp.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/crazysixtysix/cove/swamp.jpg
http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu230/creekrocket/wildlife/swamp.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b1/Black_Screen.jpg
http://cdn2.gamefront.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/darkmod.jpg
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/a_qI8ydZOtY/0.jpg
http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/webprojects2003/stoneley/types.htm

Vanari

Submitted For Grading

Thread Name: Forged in friciotn
Character(s) Involved: Inoadar and Hadyn Skellig
Quick Summary: Inoadar meets Hadyn in her shop, while hiding from the guard, things go south from there.
Requested Skills: Flux, Intimidation, Disguise, Subterfuge
Requested Lores: I love surprises! ;)
Other Notes: I guess Hadyn has called it quits. It's been six months since my last post. I'm turning it in as-is.

Inoadar

Just when Inoadar thought he had the bounty hunter caught, and doomed to imprisonment and death, the man underwent an incredible change of facade, transforming into a pleading but respectful "ambassador' of goodwill and trade with Nyka. He turned to the Stryfe soldier, leveling a sudden turn of attitude at him.

Code: Select all
[framepic=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b1/Black_Screen.jpg][frametrans=#400000,5][indent][img2=left]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=42861[/img2][center][webfont=Earth Kid][size=200]
NEW INO VATIONS[/size][/webfont][/center]
[i]"For all your pre-emptive self-defense needs!"[/i] reads the sign on the newly constructed building perched on the outer rim of the floating city of Ravok. Occupying what would be an approximate 'two-thirty' position, The building is as new and clean as the equipment installed within it. Its owner, the Master poison crafter, [url=http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic22960.html]Inoadar,[/url] not one for ornamentation, maintains the simple black and white look of the original shop, which he decided, was not big enough for his expanded research, goods and services.

Working in conjunction with his associate facility, [url=http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post386604.html#p386604]the NMSS,[/url] Inoadar provides support materials for the medical efforts done there, which include immunity treatments for snake and arachnid venoms, as well as stocking antidotes to a number of other toxins. For too long, Inoadar was forced to do his research into toxins at the NMSS, which limited the ability of [i]both[/i] facilities to focus on their true goals.

Now, however, New Ino Vations, is once again the premiere supplier of toxins to those in need of such things. There are other services he provides that are less public, as he shows his devotion to the Patron god, Rhysol. He does not [i]advertise[/i] this devotion however, as his unspoken mission for the Black Sun is to lure the disloyal and rebellious members of the populace into exposing themselves by seeking him out for help.

The actual commercial shop is only a small portion of the overall facility. The bulk of it being storage, research and processing of the numerous materials involved in transforming common and harmless seeming elements into deadly, exotic and debilitating compounds, that can come in a variety of forms and delivery systems. He also sells the sort of gear and implements that aid the intrepid adventurer into being able to effect their [i]own[/i] justice, rather than taxing the city guard, the Ebonstryfe, with having to bother with errands of such narrow scope.

The shop is a fairly large black wooden building with an unadorned tan wood door. Good quality locks secure all entry points, including the dock around the back. A plain white sign with black lettering "New Ino Vations" is set over the barred picture window. The small shop area is at odds with its depth. Upon entering, the customer sees the cured and spread wings of a [url=http://www.mizahar.com/lore/Balicani]Balicani[/url] mounted on the far right wall. Windows on the left wall look onto the lab when they are not covered. Usually it is the lab looking in on the shop.

The second floor, accessible only by a secret doorway in the office, [i]or by climbing the outer wall,[/i] leads to Inoadar's actual home atop the shop. The entire roof area is rimmed by a railing and has been covered with a patio-style flooring.[/indent]

[indent][spoiler=The entire floor plain is not common knowledge to most citizens.][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=38541[/img][/spoiler]

[spoiler=But the list of goods and services is:][size=125][b]GOODS OFFERED:[/b][/size]

[b][u]POISONS:[/u][/b]
[u]Greenblood Oil[/u] (4-dose tiny vial) 25 gm (weakness - 2 hours) - injury
[u]Greenblood Oil antidote[/u] 25 gm
[u]Bloodroot[/u] (4-dose tiny vial) 50 gm (confusion/weakness) - injury
[u]Blue Whinnis[/u] (4-dose tiny vial) 175 gm (weak/unconscious) - injury
[u]Close Call[/u] (4-dose tiny jar) 75 gm (motor, balance, agility) - injury
[u]Dark Tongue[/u] (4-dose tiny vial) 25 gm (weakness) - injury
[u]Pillowsap[/u] (4-dose tiny vial) 400 gm (sleep) - injury
[u]Lazy Gel[/u] (4-dose tiny jar) 10 gm (balance/agility) - injury
[u]Kracophage[/u] (4-dose tiny jar) 200 gm (deafness) - contact
[u]Lost Tongue[/u] (4-dose tiny vial) 15 gm (thick tongue/muteness) - inhalation
[u]Intellect Mist[/u] (4-dose tiny bag) 300 gm (boosts mental focus) - inhalation
[u]Hag’s Mask[/u] (4-dose tiny bag) 250 gm (oozing, foul-smelling facial breakout) - ingestion
[u]Dark Reaving[/u] (4-dose tiny bag) 200 gm (heavy weakness + 8 hours loss of strength) - ingestion
[u]Englehorn[/u] (2-dose tiny bag) 200 gm (throat/neck damage, choking, coughing blood) - inhalation
[u]Wildleash[/u] (3-dose tiny vial) 575gm (shape-shifter debilitation) - injury
[u]Morphleash[/u] Same as Wildleash, but tailored specifically for Morphers

[b][u]POISON-RELATED ITEMS:[/u][/b]
[u]Colorclear[/u] (vial treats 2) 100 gm
[u]Acid (vial)[/u] 5 gm
[u]Acid (pint flask)[/u] 10 gm
[u]Kracophage Antitoxin vial[/u] 50 gm
[u]Lost Tongue Antitoxin vial[/u] 50 gm
[u]Hag’s Mask Antitoxin vial[/u] 50 gm
[u]Dark Reaving Antitoxin vial[/u] 50 gm
[u]Englehorn Antitoxin vial[/u] 50 gm
[u]Snakebite Antitoxin vial[/u] 50 - 500 gm, depending on species

[b][u]ACCESSORIES:[/u][/b]
[u]Bolt, glass-bulb[/u] 1 gm
[u]Utility Bracer - Spring Blade[/u] - 4 gm
[u]Utility Bracer - Needle Launcher[/u] - 7 gm
[u]Utility Bracer - 3 vial carrier[/u] - 1 gm
[u]Poisoned Caltrops (25)[/u] - 25 gm
[u]Breath Bag[/u] - 2 gm
[u]Gripping resin[/u] (4 uses) - 10 gm
[u]Weapon Tarnish[/u] - 4 gm
[u]Glass Cutter[/u] - 10 gm
[u]False Tooth[/u] - 2 gm
[u]Listening Cone[/u] - 5 sm
[u]Getaway Marbles[/u] - 8 sm
[u]Dosing Spoon[/u] - 1 gm

[b][u]SERVICES OFFERED:[/u][/b]
[u]Treating Poisons[/u] 45-100 gm
[u]Preemptive Services (assassin)[/u] varies
[u]Toxins made resistant to Jile anti-toxin[/u] - 10gm
[u]Snakebite Immunity treatments[/u] varies[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Burke][img2=right]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=36377[/img2]
[size=150]Burklayan "Burke" Trovias[/size]
[u]Age:[/u] 20  /  [u]Race:[/u] Human  /  [u]Born:[/u] 11th of Spring, 494 AV

Farming 15  /  Organization 10  /  Animal Husbandry 10
Food Preservation 10  /  Riding 5

Burklayan Trovias is not an devoted adherent to the worship of Rhysol, but is a loyal servant to his employer and savior, Inoadar. He knows to call his boss "Master Parnell" when anyone is present, as the ambiguity of identification is as important to his boss as it is to him.

He lived in virtual slavery growing up, his father treating him more as an asset than a son. When he sought to leave at age 18, his father had him charged with a manipulated theft, and a sentence of slavery. Burke made it to Ravok before the slavers caught up to him. But they were more inclined to make him a slave of that city, rather than the farmers. Neither of these results occurred, however, as Burke was rescued from these slavers by Inoadar, who then offered him a job, making no bones about the depth of his obligation.

Burke respected the poisoner's honesty about his self-serving motivation, and agreed to work for him. And while his skill set is more suited to farm life than city life, the needs of a poisoner are frequently connected to natural substances and creatures. But for the most part, Inoadar only needs Burke's 6 foot, two inch, 230 lb. frame to be a physically imposing presence to promote good behavior in his place of business.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Vera][img2=left]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=42896[/img2]
[size=150]Verennia Melling[/size]
[u]Age:[/u]  approx. 10
[u]Race:[/u] Human
[u]Parentage:[/u] Barrett and Charnelle Melling, both dead
[u]Place of Birth:[/u] The Wilds outside of Nyka

Poison Crafting 28  /  Philtering 15  /  Sewing 20  /  Cooking 30
Herbalism 20

Another youngster saved from slavery, Vera was saved right at the docks by Inoadar and Vanari. It was Vanari that truly engineered the ten-year-old girl's release from her former master, a fat, slothful pervert that nonetheless managed to teach the girl a useful amount of Herbalism. But the impulse caught up to Vanari when she realized she had no way to care for the child with her own status in Ravok being so uncertain.

A chance comment, a chance example and a chance demonstration later, gave Inoadar to realize that the child was a natural chemist. He then took Vanari up on the offer to provide the child with a home. With Burke to tend the counter, Vera now became the poisoner's protege. The master has even frequently admitted, however grudgingly, that the apprentice is learning at a pace that surpasses even his own.

Many of the things Inoadar has learned recently were learned at the same time as his apprentice, and often as a result of [i]her[/i] creativity, rather than his own. And while he would never admit this to anyone else, he has confided the truth of it to Vera. But only on the condition that she never betray this trust. For her part, she would never do anything to hurt her [i]'Uncle Nolan',[/i] or her [i]'Aunt Vanari'[/i] or any of the other citizens of Ravok who have been charmed by this sweet child, who is learning to craft deadly chemical compounds at an astonishing rate.[/spoiler][/indent][/frametrans][/framepic]
Last edited by Inoadar on February 16th, 2015, 5:51 pm, edited 73 times in total.
I would prefer you called me "Nolan Parnell"...In fact, I insist.

CS - + - New Ino Vations - + - Scrapbook - + - NMSS - + - Ravok Codex - + - FAQ - + - Travel Times
Inoadar
Still at Large

Words: 1029689
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2012, 6:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Inoadar on September 16th, 2012, 1:42 am

Unfinished Threads

(Quest) Captivity
Bringing the Wolf to the Door
It's All in the Eyes
(Winter SQ) Alliance
Wolf's Blood
Nolan Parnell,

Your presence is requested on the 6th day of this Winter season, as an expert in the valuable field of poison crafting. After many conferences with the recent visitors to the city, it has been concluded that a collaboration might well be the city's only offence against the monster that lurks in Lake Ravok's depths. It can only be assumed that Rhysol has sent the serpents to our aid, and we must use them as such.

Thus you have been summoned to an initial summit between a trusted few Ravokians and a delegation of Ivyess Dhani. You, Mister Parnell, are invited to offer the resources at the disposal of the Nitrozian Moletta Sanitary Station, as well as your own personal stores at your recently refurbished shop. We expect that your expertise in poison crafting knowledge will be particularly valuable, before the delegation attempts to implement the agreed upon strategy. We would remind you that your status within the city is insecure; your assistance will benefit more than just the city.

Aemeli
The Black Sun

As for what Forus' skills are, Magecrafting, Projection, Voiding, Shielding and whatever other non-magical skills. The first two likely to expert, the latter two likely competent. I imagine the artifact to be a volleyball sized silver orb with a flat bottom. It is constantly vibrating and producing a high-pitched sound, too high to perceive, but one would likely feel like its humming when touched. It could look more fancy and intricate, but I like it fine like that. His skill levels are also not written in stone.

Verilian says:
I create new products IC, and then add them to my thread in the business sheets forum first, then go ahead and add it to my CS. You don't have to wait for re-approval to add stuff, according to Gillar, as long as you can link it IC. Just do some sort of thread where you introduce the product (or maybe the level of products), and then you can have it from then on. Oh, and you can also add items to your shop by paying for them once in a thread, and then adding it to your shop list. And be sure to keep a record of on your business sheet, so you can prove that it has been legitimately added to the shop. None of it should affect your debt.

Now.. if you change your shop so much that you think it should garner a bonus to your pay or anything like that, you would have to PM Gillar and ask him to take another look at the business. But in general, adding items wont change much. Basically, it's the same rule as before.

Okay, so the chainmail I awarded you is an MC 1 item. It is steel enchanted to be as light as leather. You can sell it to an npc if you want for 2000gm. You'll have to make a thread for that though, and make it a bit of a challenge. You can sell it for more to a PC possibly if you want to try. I realize the Magecrafting lore says you can get more from it, but that is more of an estimate. 2000gm is the most you could get for solo selling it. Or you can keep it of course.. or if you want to try to get more we could do a modded thread later down the line.

Oh, and Inoadar will have to figure all of this out IC of course.

Gillar says:
I could see the nuit brain fluid working as an antidote for the Dark Reaving poison. HOWEVER, a nuit's own brain fluid wouldn't be able to work as an antitote for a poison they have been affected by. It would have to be made from another nuit.

Wildleash would work against ANY creature that has the ability to shift forms or could otherwise be classified as a shapeshifter.

Tarot says:
the reason Nuit can't return to a body they formerly occupied mostly has to do with wear and tear as well as the stress of the body switching ritual. The ritual fries the old brain on a molecular level, too, which could explain your PC's observations of the "fluid" without the need for changes.

I have no problem with your PC developing an antidote for that specific poison out of a Nuit's cranial fluids (assuming Gillar has nothing to say about it). To say this fluid is the key to a Nuit's inability to reoccupy a former body, however, would be a scientific fallacy. There can be correlation between the two things, but not causality. Which, I think, is actually great to have IC - it's a hypothesis, much like Descartes saying the pineal gland is the link between body and soul. Subsequent research can help your PC hone in on the actual truth.

Daegron say:
No, I am not groaning at the thought of a training thread !
I'd prefer if we did it after I have him reach expert level. It's not a long way there, but with my writing speed slowed to a crawl it might take a while, so if it takes too long we might as well try it earlier, it's not that big of a deal :) With zero teaching experience, his arrogance and pride, Daegron would make a terrible instructor. Prepare for some serious eye rolling :P Also, I very much like your idea of Daegron making the proposition, even early in our thread. There is hope for fair and square with Inoadar ? Shhhh ! I won't tell anyone you said so ! In a nutshell, hell yes, no obligation and it doesn't suck :) Of course, you realize that it just won't be enough to just grow back a couple of digits :P Djed junkies unite !

I cannot find something in the Lore saying otherwise. The Kelvic's shapeshifting has a very different source than Morphing , but they both alter one's form, so they could be treated more or less the same, I presume. I am thinking that in Kelvics, Wildleash affects that biological factor that was heavily magically modified with the Kelderon mimic, so it suppresses its use. In Daegron it would not block his djed access or manipulation, but he'd be surprised or frustrated to find out that the alterations do not follow through. It could drive him to try harder and tax himself. Narcotics would actually save him from himself.

Inoadar's proposition could come in the "Captivity thread ? I think it would be a good thing to have his magic "stolen" for a short while. Put him through some misery a little before he unlocks his first expert level shifts.

FAQ
Travel Times
Amolina's NMSS entry
Last edited by Inoadar on February 13th, 2015, 4:47 pm, edited 86 times in total.

CS - + - New Ino Vations - + - Scrapbook - + - NMSS - + - Ravok Codex - + - FAQ - + - Travel Times
Inoadar
Still at Large

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Inoadar on December 4th, 2012, 4:39 am

WAGE & PAYMENT HISTORY:

Job: Ino Vations
Level: Competent Poison Crafting

Fall 512 Salary
Wages: 364gm (10gm/day, 91 Days - 4gm/day assistant, 91 days - 2gm/day debt payment, 91 Days)
Debt Owed
Original Balance: 3309 gm, 3 sm
Paid: 182 gm (2gm/day) - Balance: 3127 gm, 3 sm
Additional Payment: 127.3 gm - Balance 3,000 gm

Winter 512 Salary and Seasonal XP
Wages: 252gm (10gm/day, 92 days - 4gm/day assistant, 92 days - 300gm debt payment)
Seasonal XP: +2 Poison
Debt Owed
Payment: 300gm (previous balance - 3,000 gm)
New Balance: 2,700gm

Spring 513 Salary and Seasonal XP
Wage: 610gm (10gm/day, 91 days - 300gm debt payment)
Seasonal XP: n/a
Notes: No shopkeeper this season. The guy was arrested by the Ebonstryfe
Debt Owed
Payment: 300gm (previous balance - 2,700 gm)
New Balance: 2,400gm

Summer 513 Salary and Seasonal XP
Notes: No shopkeeper this season so no pay subtracted.
Debt Owed
Payment: 300gm (previous balance - 2,400gm)
New Balance: 2,100gm

Fall 513 Salary and seasonal XP
Notes: shop assistant to be paid out of pocket.
Debt Owed
Payment: 300gm (previous balance - 2,100gm)
New Balance: 1,800gm

Now "Expert" Poison Crafting

Winter 513 Salary and seasonal XP
Wage: 1540gm (20gm/day, 92days -300gm debt payment)
Notes: shop assistants paid out-of-pocket.
Debt Owed
Payment: 300gm (previous balance - 1,800gm)
New Balance: 1,500gm

Spring 514 Salary and Seasonal XP
Job/Income: Poisoncrafter, 7gm/day
Skills: Expert Poison, boosts to 20gm/day
Days Worked: 91 -300gm shop payment
Income: 1520gm (note: assistants already paid)
Debt Owed
Payment: 300gm (previous balance - 1,500gm)
New Balance: 1,200gm

Summer 514 Salary and Seasonal XP
Skills: Expert Poison, boosts to 20gm/day
Days Worked: 91 -300gm shop payment
Income: 1520gm (note: assistants already paid)
Debt Owed
Payment: 300gm (previous balance - 1,200gm)
New Balance: 900gm

Now "Master" Poison Crafting

Fall 514 Salary
Skills: Master Poison, boosts pay to 40gm/day
Pay Scale: Base=7gm/day (Novice) / 7*.5=3 (rounded down)
7+3=10gm/day (competent) / 10*2=20gm/day (Expert) / 20*2=40gm/day (Master)
Days Worked: 91
Income: 91*40=3640gm (LE's already paid)
Debt Owed to Valdinox - 7,580gm
Payment: 1,000gm
New Balance: 6,580gm
Last edited by Inoadar on December 6th, 2014, 7:37 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Inoadar
Still at Large

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Inoadar on February 24th, 2013, 1:50 am

MY LITTLE PONY

x

BEAKERS

HUNCHED OVER THE WORK TABLE

x

ALICE IN CHAINS

x

BRAIN SALAD SURGERY

x

xxxxxxxTimestamp Day, Year
Inoadar

THREE PARTER WITH TIME STAMP

x

Inoadar

THREE PARTER WITHOUT TIMESTAMP

x

INOADAR

COLORED BEAKERS
x

Timestamp Day, Year
Inoadar

Inoadar signaled Doctor Mazetti to administer the 'Slammer', his hand tense on his cane. Time would tell...

Inoadar

Just when Inoadar thought he had the bounty hunter caught, and doomed to imprisonment and death, the man underwent an incredible change of facade, transforming into a pleading but respectful "ambassador' of goodwill and trade with Nyka. He turned to the Stryfe soldier, leveling a sudden turn of attitude at him.

Inoadar grinned hatefully at the departing thug, "Good day then, and may you enjoy frequent intercourse with yourself, sir." he sneered. The man stopped in the doorway, whirling around a moment later as the meaning of the remark registered.

"You better watch your mouth, you Priskill-poxed punk!" the man snarled back, his comment punctuated by the pounding of his fist into his open palm.

Inoadar covertly grabbed the toxic spray bottle below the shelf and feigned regret with greatly exaggerated sarcasm. "Oh, I'm terribly sorry...And you really ought to take it easy on that hand. You'll probably need to use it later." He accompanied this remark with a crude gesture at belt level, and readied himself for the thug's attack.

He was not disappointed. "You little petching bastard! I'm gonna make you eat your own teeth!" the scar-faced hood roared as he charged the counter. Any further threats were rendered indecipherable by the man's gasping and choking as he ran full-on into the spray of toxic mist. His expression warred between hate and apprehension as he came to realize he was huddled, weakened and dizzy, on the floor at his enemy's mercy.

His expression finally settled on outright fear as Inoadar crouched over him. A rag covering his face, held in one hand, an ugly dagger in the other. For all its smooth delivery, the poisoner's voice was even uglier, "You know, you're lucky I have use for you as a messenger. Otherwise, I'd be feeding you your own tongue right about now. Please be so kind as to tell your boss that I only accept arrangements presented to me by the Valdinox family. Now if he wishes to take up this matter with them, I advise him to be considerably more respectful than you have been. Do you understand? A simple nod will do...Yes...I thought so."

Inoadar
Still at Large

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook