The Wrong Path... (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

The Wrong Path... (Open)

Postby Zane Felix on May 16th, 2010, 1:57 am

Zane wasn't the sort of person looking for company. Just like her, he was looking to make his way in the world. And it turned his stomach that he was doing this, to the point where he was playing through all the possibilities in his head. He wanted it to end, to just not do it... but he had to, for Soren's sake. For his own sake.

He had to be the man he was born to be sometime. Whether it was doing what had to be done like some people seemed to interpret it, or doing the right thing as his parents used to preach, Zane felt like it was rapidly encroaching on him. A decision that would change him quite a bit. For better or worse, Zane was going to make a move. Though the move he made was a bit unexpected.

I go where I can and make what money I can in the process. I'm just a guy trying to make his honest way in the world. Can't fault anyone for that, right?

His smile felt infectious, something he could not say was normal for him. Indeed, for Zane, smiling at all was a supreme oddity. It could have been the ale, but he felt comfortable with her, more so than he had previously at any given time before.

Though Soren had always done the talking. Maybe he should rectify that. It was decided, Zane would be a bit more vocal from now on. Fiddling with the black bandages that wrapped his forearms, Zane watched her idly, green eyes sparkling with vague fascination.

So... what can you do? Birds are pretty and whatall... but they don't make much in the way of money. I imagine you've come a long way, judging by the gruff exterior.

He waited a moment, going over his words in his head, then quickly added:

'Scuse the intrusive exam, Miss Vesper. I just fancied knowing you is all.

He blushed slightly. The concept of robbing her was all but gone from his mind. He was lightly inebriated, that was one certainty, but the other was that he wasn't going to make any money like this. He had to get a fight going, and soon. One with at least some meager bets on it...
Last edited by Zane Felix on May 16th, 2010, 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zane Felix
Player

Words: 17166
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2010, 1:48 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

The Wrong Path... (Open)

Postby Vesper Frostbite on May 16th, 2010, 2:08 am

Vesper's eyes narrowed, and she took a swig from her drink, fingers tightening around the glass

I don't much care for the analysis, bub. I told you about meself, you told me about you, that's really all there is to know, your nosiness aside.

She smirked a little, but the expression was hollow, her body becoming very rigid compared to it's relaxed position only moments before as she took another swig, senses dipping somewhat from when she had initially entered the bar, and the bird upon her shoulder chirping nervously
Last edited by Vesper Frostbite on May 19th, 2010, 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vesper Frostbite
Player

Words: 9561
Joined roleplay: May 14th, 2010, 9:36 pm
Race: Human, Inarta

The Wrong Path... (Open)

Postby Zane Felix on May 16th, 2010, 2:13 am

Zane shrugged her off. Yeah, that was a little harsh, but then again...

Witty retorts aside, I don't really petchin' care for your attitude. I was at least being courteous.

He smirked, staring at her evenly with that condescending look on his face. There it was, that look that just said "come and get it." Zane's signature problem inducing glare that oft times ended in broken noses, missing teeth and painful memories.

So... if'n ya don't care for my analysis, I can just take back the mizas you owe me for the drink, and I'll get on my way. What's it... 1 Gold Miza, that sounds fair.

He held out his hand as if to accept the money, waiting for her to either cave in and give him the money, or... maybe, just maybe, he'd trick her into a fight.

It'd be a cryin' shame to have to rearrange that pretty face of yers.
Zane Felix
Player

Character sheet

The Wrong Path... (Open)

Postby Vesper Frostbite on May 16th, 2010, 2:19 am

Vesper smiles. She clucks her tongue and the bird scooches off her shoulder, standing upon the table and to watch the proceedings silently. The Inartan shrugged lightly, then smirked

Iff'n you wanted me to pay you back, shouldn't have offered the drink in the first place, mate

She raises an eyebrow, making her voice slightly higher, deep blue eyes scanning the room, taking into account the number of people now watching the two figures

Plus, methinks you couldn't hit the broadside of a barn if you tried, despite the fancy fabric you got on your arms.
Last edited by Vesper Frostbite on May 19th, 2010, 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vesper Frostbite
Player

The Wrong Path... (Open)

Postby Zane Felix on May 16th, 2010, 2:31 am

It was like something clicked inside Zane. Reminiscent of he old maxim, "one minute you have a man, the next you've got a monster," the diminutive beast that was Zane Felix switched from decent conversationalist to imposing figure.

He held his shoulders back, his broad chest becoming more defined through his shirt and his biceps seeming suddenly far more ripped than they had while he was slouching. He gave off an air of quiet confidence, which was more than he could say for Vesper, who seemed to be getting in over her head... though that was probably just her ploy.

No matter, though. Zane enjoyed challenges, and she had just thrown one down. Most would call Zane childish for his brutish approach to the insult, but he preferred actions to words to begin with. He sat back slightly in his seat, leaning on his elbow and grinning mischievously up at her, his eyes glistening with humor. Maybe she would show him the good time he'd been missing out on lately.

Ya know, you don't look half bad when you're being a gutter tramp. Reminds me of my mum.

With a slight chuckle, he watched the people in the bar gathering around like flies to a candle. There was whispering, there was shouting, and there were men calming down the crowd, but most of all, Zane heard the mizas hitting the bar.

He'd roped one.

Whatsay we make a bet. If you win, you keep your money and the drink in your gut, obviously. If I win...

He looks her up and down.

You get on your knees and beg me not to kill you?

He was bluffing beyond a shadow of a doubt, but it looked good. More mizas hit the counter. More suckers gave into the act. With a sly smirk, and... was that a wink? No... it must have just been something in his eye. Nonetheless, he made a "come hither" gesture in her direction, standing himself up and dusting off his cloak nonchalantly.

He was ready, despite seeming disinterested. It was just fun, seeing how she was in a fight. The thrill for Zane wasn't completely dominating the opponent, it was getting wrapped up in the moment. In feeling the tension, the emotions washing over and consuming you, feeling your opponent's desire to win out clash with your own...

There was so much more to it than all that. But to Zane, it came down to her agreeing to the terms. When that happened, all bets were off. There would be no more holding back.
Zane Felix
Player

Character sheet

The Wrong Path... (Open)

Postby Vesper Frostbite on May 16th, 2010, 2:40 am

Vesper cracked her neck and smirked, stepping back and shedding her cloak.

Anyone ever tell you no girl likes to be compared to a guys mum?

Oh she was so beyond screwed, and she knew it. She just hoped she could keep herself from breaking anything valuable and that he knew her game, he got what he was looking for; those shiny mizas, and she got herself something to break up the damn monotony ever since she'd left Wind Reach. She cracked one hand, then the other and hoped to the gods she could keep up her half of this one sided fight. She squinted one eye, hand resting stiffly on a bar chair and smiled

I'll take the bet, just don't be expecting me to kneel in front of you for any reason, chief.

At least she sounded like she knew something...The Inartan picked up a chair and hurled it at the well muscled man, then ran forward, dropping into a slide tackle.
Last edited by Vesper Frostbite on May 19th, 2010, 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vesper Frostbite
Player

The Wrong Path... (Open)

Postby Zane Felix on May 16th, 2010, 2:48 am

Lucky for you, I hated my mother. Or unlucky, as the case may be.

As he slid narrowly on his heels and batted the chair down at the floor with a deft motion and gritted his teeth at the pain, he ripped his cloak off his person in a blur of motion, tossing it down in her path so that it would impede her and possibly impair her vision for a moment, taking a step his right and kicking down at her knee with a powerful twisting heel kick with his left foot.

Normally, there was a proper venue for this, but the crowd had managed to clear a large expanse for them and stood, holding their breaths, to figure out who would emerge victorious.

Zane, though, was unamused. She was already proving to be uneducated in street fighting. Her technique was simple, predictable, linear. Zane didn't even need to think to see through it, and that was pissing him off more than having to fight her in the first place.

Why not just give up now? You ain't cut out for this sort of thing. Besides, deep down inside you want to kneel in front of me anyway.

With a smirk, he spun on his back foot and switched his attack, just before it would have hit its mark- instead of breaking her kneecap, he simply brought his heel around to slam into her back, hoping that it would connect and send her sprawling to the floor.

It was merciful, and Zane certainly didn't want to kill her. Though he wanted to make a show of this, if only for the sake of the betters. They were the cash cow, after all...
Last edited by Zane Felix on May 18th, 2010, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zane Felix
Player

Character sheet

The Wrong Path... (Open)

Postby Vesper Frostbite on May 16th, 2010, 2:57 am

The only thing that saved her was that she was fast. The cloak was a minute obstacle, and in dodging out of the way of the cloth she avoided the first foot, spinning around to kick his ribs

Now, we both know that last part aint true.

She gasps as his foot connects with her back, losing her balance all but completely, one hand grabbing another chair, though only succeeding in pulling it down on top of her with a clatter, giving an exaggerated groan for the eager audiences as she snapped off a long leg, and leapt to her feet, swinging the piece of wood expertly in one hand. Here, this solid object in her hand, this was something. Her hands, feet, near useless by themselves, but put something in her grip and she could use it quiet well.

She twirled the object flipping it up to have it land back in her palm, back foot sliding back as she held the weapon up and behind her, making it her turn to gesture him further. She didn't know if a weapon like this was allowed in a bar fight, but what kind of real brawl had rules anyway?
Last edited by Vesper Frostbite on May 19th, 2010, 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vesper Frostbite
Player

The Wrong Path... (Open)

Postby Zane Felix on May 16th, 2010, 3:07 am

He was over top of her just as quickly as she'd fallen and been buried by the chair. Zane's hand whipped up rather fast to grab her makeshift weapon, jerking on it hard to disarm her as he punched at her shoulder joint in an attempt to hyper extend and strain the muscle. At the same time, his knee came down hard at the small of her back in a powerful blow that he hoped might incapacitate her for a brief moment.

If all went as he hoped, he would only knock her out and carry her back to where Soren was waiting... hopefully a few Mizas richer in the process. Of course, she still had too much fight in her for him to get comfortable yet. He huffed in expression of his boredom with the fight, then whispered, barely audibly.

Go with it.

He pulled his weight just enough that the blow would be nonfatal, in hopes that she would be responsive to the kind gesture. After all, what would Soren say if he killed someone? What would he feel like if he killed her? He would never get a chance to get to know her! She had to agree... for no reason he understood, but she just had to!
Zane Felix
Player

Character sheet

The Wrong Path... (Open)

Postby Vesper Frostbite on May 16th, 2010, 3:13 am

Vesper smirked, giving a wink. thank the gods! She didn't have to fight this bloke anymore, sure up on Skarn with her spear on hand she wouldn't have to lay a finger on the brawler, but this was his element, and she had tried to stick her foot in it. She closed her eyes and her body let out another gasp, then suddenly went limp, lashes fluttering slightly as she proceeded to appear unconcious.

The small silver winged bird looked agitated, then soared out the window as the young woman lay there thoughtfully, wondering exactly what the plan was, and if she'd get to talk to Zane later...hadn't given him much of a chance to talk, and that sounded nice right about now, hadn't hit her much, but she could still feel where she was going to have sizeable bruises come. tomorrow
Vesper Frostbite
Player

PreviousNext